Twisted [Degenerate Series, B...

By Jayfeather_fan

Loki, powerless after being banished from Asgard, is burdened with dangerous secrets on the destruction of Ea... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Isolated

Chapter 24

908 31 43
By Jayfeather_fan

My heart felt like it had stopped when Loki had disappeared. He had looked so...scared.

I swallowed hard, staring intently at the scorch marks the bifrost had created. Why had Odin come? Was Loki in Asgard now?

I opened Loki's cell door and stepped inside, hearing the alarm go off to signify that the door had indeed opened.

I sat on the bench and wondered what it would feel like to be inside of this cell for days. I hated being in it for even a minute, let alone days. It made me feel claustrophobic, weak. I hated that I had put him in here, which cause him to be...kidnapped? by Odin. He had nowhere to run.

After a few seconds of sitting there, staring at nothing, dozens of SHIELD agents surrounded the cell on all sides, the alarm calling them here.

"Agent Romanoff?" Someone said, and I recognized Fury's voice.

"He's gone," I mumbled.

"Gone?" Fury questioned back. "What do you mean 'gone?'"

"I mean Odin took him back to Asgard," I snapped, exiting the cell. The agents lowered their raised guns in unison.

"Oh?" Fury sounded surprisingly upset. "Did he give you any information before he left?"

"Yes," I said coldly, glaring at the director angrily. "He told me everything." I heard murmurs pass between the agents at my words.

Fury's eyes lit up. "Well, that's all that matters."

My mouth fell open, but I close it immediately. Was there really no reason to get Loki back? Who knows why Odin had taken Loki back to Asgard? He could be in danger, for all I know.

"Come with me, agent," Fury ordered, ignoring my shocked expression.

So I followed. What else could I do?

Fury strolled into his office, the one with the large window, and faced me with his hands clasped behind his back.

"What did you tell you? Tell me everything. Don't leave out a single detail."

I bit my lip, but I launched myself into the story. Telling him about the creatures, the sword, and the pendant, and how Loki has to retrieve it. It wasn't an entire story, though, because I left out the small detail that the pendant was in the possession of Tony Stark. I don't know why, but something in me was just telling me no.

"I see," Fury said. "I understand now why this assignment took so long." He paused. "Does Loki know where this pendant is?"

"No, sir," I said immediately, the lie flowing from my lips far too easily.

"Alright," Fury responded, believing my lie. "Very good work, Agent Romanoff. You can take the rest of the month off. Consider it your Christmas break."

"And what about Loki?" I questioned, refusing to leave despite the cues he was giving me.

"What about him?"

"I mean...he could be in danger for all we know. Shouldn't we-" I began, but was interrupted.

"He is out of our hands, now. Besides, he is no longer a use to us," Fury said, walking to the door to show me out.

I balled my hands into fists. Were we really going to do nothing? "Thank you, director," I said dryly, exiting his office and going to find Clint to take me home.

I thanked Clint when we pulled up to my house. I gave him a small hug when he walked me up to the house, not sure when I would see him again. Bruce had come with us, and he followed me inside.

"Are you alright? You look...down," he said when we were inside. If I was being honest, I felt down. Not only did the house seem too empty, but the guards were gone. Loki's absence felt all too real.

"I'm fine," I responded, wrapping my arms around him without a second thought. He returned the hug and I sank into his embrace.

"You sure?" He mumbled into my ear, and I pulled back just to give him a small sad smile.

I then leaned in and gave him a quick, small kiss.

When I pulled away, he stared at me, shocked. Without a word, he leaned close again and kissed me. The kiss quickly deepened, but I found myself pulling away first.

I leaned my head against his shoulder. "Why do I miss him so much?" I asked in a low whisper.

"Who?" Bruce responded, sounding confused.

"Loki," I answered, "It feels like he's gone. Or...dead or something. But he's so many billions of miles away. It feels like I'm never going to see him again."

I pulled away to look Bruce in the eyes. He looked disappointed and...jealous.

"Natasha, why does it matter?" He asked gently. "So what if you never see him again. Have you forgotten what he did?"

"Of course not..." I said, exasperated. "Bruce, I could never. But-"

"But?" He interrupted questioningly. "He killed Coulson, tried to kill both of us and our friends,  and he already has more blood on his hands than you and me."

I bit the inside of my cheek. "You're right. I'm wrong. I'm sorry."

"It's alright, Natasha," he said, pressing his lips to my forehead. "I should go."

I nodded while smiling up at him gently. I walked him over to the door and watched him out. As soon as the door closed, I let out a long sigh and slid down against the wall to sit with my back to the door.

I put my head between my knees and sighed, closing my eyes. I didn't want to be here.

I was quickly swept into sleep despite the early hour. I didn't dream, and if I did, it was of a bright, beautiful color. One I couldn't quite place. I missed it when I finally woke up.

My back hurt like hell when I woke up: Probably from falling asleep in such an odd position. I stood up and stretched. My whole body felt bruised from falling asleep on the wooden floor.

Groaning, I walked into the kitchen to see the time. It was only 9 o'clock. But it was very dark outside. I glanced out the window to see a bright, full moon lighting up the freshly fallen snow. The snow made a gorgeous blanket of white across the entire empty street. The only light was the warm yellow light from my house and the silvery light from the moon.

Suddenly, that changed. There was a brilliant flash of light that made me fall backwards. I blinked rapidly. After a few seconds, still stunned, I glanced out the window to see nothing but a set of footprints leading up to my house.

My heart pounding, I heard a loud knock at the door.

I moved to open it, my hand pausing on the cool knob.

After a second of hesitation, I flung it open to see none othee than the god of thunder himself. Thor looked at me and narrowed his eyes until they widened in recognition. "Romanoff!" And then he stopped. "Why Romanoff?"

"It's my name...?" I said, confused.

"No..." Thor mumbled, pushing past me inside. I furrowed my eyebrows. "Cozy place you have here," he commented.

He looked giant in the small house.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Heimdall sent me here. But...why?"

I had no idea how to answer that because I didn't have the faintest clue myself.

"Well, if this means anything to you...Loki is in danger. Heimdall sent me for reinforcements but..." I blocked out his voice after that. Blood was pounding in my ears. My head clearing, I heard the end of Thor's question, "but why you?"

"What kind of danger?" I asked in a low whisper. Thor's booming voice was so loud in comparison. I felt dizzy, the room was
spinning.

So I was right. He was in danger.

My mind flashed back to earlier today, and how scared Loki had looked.

Thor looked confused at my concern.

"Odin wants Asgardian justice for Loki. Which is, basically, slowly torturing and killing him."

I felt my breath hitch. "But...but Odin is his father. Why...?"

Thor answered, "Odin has gone crazy with grief. The dark elves had just launched an attack on Asgard. He has gone completely mad at this point because of the war with Svartalfheim. As soon as he heard about Loki murdering two mortals during his banishment, his anger ran out of control. I couldn't stop him."

I felt sick. "And where is Loki now?"

"I don't know where they are taking him for the next two weeks but after that..."

I realized that I didn't want to know. I turned around to hide the tears forming in my eyes.

"Lady Natasha?" Thor asked. "May I ask why Heimdall sent me to you?"

Wiping away the tears, I turned back to him. "I haven't the faintest clue." I said. "But I will help you."

"You two have grown close during his stay with you, haven't you?" Thor asked, his eyes slightly brighter than they were before.

"Of course not!" I exclaimed. "Have you met the guy?"

Thor chuckled. "Come. We must hurry."

I followed him outside where he began waving his hammer, (where did that come from?) Mjolnir, in the air. "Heimdall!" He said.

There was no response. No light. Nothing.

"Heimdall!" He shouted again.

Nothing.

"Oh, dear." Thor said worriedly.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Something has happened. It appears we must wait." He replied

"But-"

"Heimdall can not use his magic at the moment. We must wait." He looked at the sky. "Hopefully not too long."

Two weeks...I thought, but I had no idea what would actually happen in two weeks.

"Here, come inside," I said, "you can stay with me until Heimdall can take us to Asgard."

Asgard. Oh god. I thought. But my thoughts were mostly focused on Loki. What was wrong with Odin? What kind of father-

My thoughts were interrupted by Thor's loud voice. "Where should I sleep?"

Sleep? How long would Heimdall take?

"Sleep. Right." I said absently. "You can take Loki's old- Loki's room. Down the hall to the left," I instructed.

"Thank you," Thor replied and he moved away. I moved into my room and closed the door very, very softly behind me. I went over to my bed and collapsed face first. At some point, the silent tears started to come.

I didn't understand why I was so worried about Loki, but as soon as I heard that he was in danger, I felt sick to the stomach.

I closed my eyes, not wanting to move. Come on, Heimdall, I silently willed. Please hurry. Whatever you're doing.

Hurry.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.5K 2.2K 23
SEQUEL TO ASGARDIAN ANARCHY- BOOK ONE OF THE ASGARDIAN AVENGER Katie is princess of Asgard and Loki's fiancée. After returning to Asgard from Earth...
21.6K 699 32
Loki and his brother Thor, princes of Asgard, are ordered to find a traitor of the throne who has run off to hide on Midgard (Earth). They have to fi...
6K 103 16
Your dad is god and mother tries to kill you and avengers rescue you. You are now secret agent at avengers and you are strongest from all avengers so...
5.3K 236 61
[NOT EDITED] A seemingly ordinary girl, life is changed when she is mysteriously kidnapped by Odin, the ruler of Asgard. Imbued with newfound superpo...