Chapter 22

*Third-Person POV*

Inside of the spare bedroom that could now be labeled as Loki's were two doctors. When they had arrived at Natasha Romanoff's house, the injury located on the right abdomen of the god of mischief was unlike anything they had ever seen.

Not only were there horrible black veins creating a wide circle around his heart, but his blood was oily and black. It wasn't something they were used to. After several hours, the veins had retreated and the bleeding had stopped. Romanoff had been shaken, and didn't say anything to explain the wound when the medical team had arrived. She had left for her room and had not come out since.

Loki was still lying on his bed, unconscious, at least in their eyes. Little did they know that something horrible had taken over his body, possessed it.

Meanwhile, Agent Barton, Natasha Romanoff's best friend, was on his way. He had heard that a medical team was on it's way to her house, and hadn't heard anything else. Worried and afraid, he had set out for her house as soon as he heard, which was several hours after the initial incident.

Now, focusing back on the god of mischief. The same creatures that had attacked him when he first arrived on Earth had now taken control of his body. Not only would he not be able to control his own actions, but he also would remember nothing that would happen in the coming minutes. In his mind, he was still unconscious.

So, when the body of the god opened his eyes for the first time since the interrogation, the doctors were jolted out of their conversation in surprise. There were only two of them, and they were unprepared to see that Loki's normally icy blue eyes were now all white. Loki gave them a smile, and his lips parted to reveal rows and rows of sharp teeth.

Shocked, one of the doctors pulled out a gun and readied the trigger.

Heartlessly, the creature sprang up and swiped at the doctors. The gun fell out of the hand of one doctor and crashed to the floor. Quickly, the creature bent down and grabbed the gun and pulled the trigger, shooting each of the doctors twice.

The battle lasted a matter of seconds, and Natasha, who had been resting, jerked awake.

*Natasha's POV*

I sat up quickly. The noise of a gun was still ringing in my ears, but the house was completely silent now. I wondered if it was just a dream. It had to have been. Wide awake now, I crept out of my room.

The kitchen was silent and still, as always. I glanced to my left, down the hallway and saw Loki's bedroom door shut firmly. Silent.

More assured that the gunshot was part of my dream, I crept into the kitchen, and picked up my phone that was on the counter, my back to the bedrooms and the hallway. My mistake.

I glanced at my phone and saw I had three texts from Clint.

Why do you need a medical team?

Is everything alright?

Natasha?

I began to type back, 'everything is fine.' when I felt cold hands wrap around my waist from behind. I dropped my phone onto the counter in surprise. Frozen, my eyes wide, my breathing quickening, I had no idea what to say or do.

"Loki?" I whispered. I knew it was him. I recognized his smell. Wow, that sounds weird. But it's not, really. He smelled like my soap - familiar.

I felt his breath on my ear, and, my shoulders tense, I tried to turn around to face him. He didn't let me. Instead he spoke, and I gasped as I heard his voice. His voice was most certainly not his, thought it was still male. It wasn't his familiar accent. It sounded very...American, older...and the words were very loud and clear.