[Detroit: Become Human] Conno...

By Xia_The_Writer_

"My name is Connor, I'm the Android sent by Cyberlife. I am a Deviant Hunter, a machine. Nothing more. I care... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
I'm not dead
I'M BACK
Preview of Chapter 28

Chapter 22

2.8K 114 249
By Xia_The_Writer_

Proverbs 11:28
"He that trusteth in his riches shall fall: but the righteous shall flourish as a branch."

Taking a deep breath, you looked Kara's side. "I choose the house. Going to a place that's more likely being investigated right now is not a great idea, not to mention dangerous. I say we follow what Simon said and sneak into the abandoned house at night." You looked at Kara. "Kara, are you sure Ralph will help us?"

"He helped us before. I'm sure he'll help us. If not, I'm sure he at least won't tell anyone about our location." She replied, you nodded. Luther wasn't satisfied, but he agreed with the plan in the end. Same goes with Connor. Clover couldn't care any less, strangely.

"Alright, let's polish this plan a little bit more." Clover said, placing her hands on her hips. "How can we get there?"

"We could use the train. We can disguise (Y/n)." Simon said.

"So people don't think a group of androids walking around at night seem suspicious at all?" Luther asked, raising his eyebrow. "Most androids are lost because there are no one to give them commands. Most of them would usually wander around Detroit or stay with their owner, if they're okay that is. They rarely go out in groups."

"There won't be a lot of people at night. We'll be okay as long as we follow the plan and keep (Y/n) out of sight." Connor said.

For the rest of the night, you all planned carefully. Where to go, where to meet if you were split apart, and so on. Scott was there, dropping off ideas here and there, but they weren't that helpful.

Hours only felt like minutes and it was already past midnight. The androids were okay, but you weren't. Your eye bags felt very heavy.

"I think it's best that you should rest as much as you could. After all, tomorrow is a big day. We'll be going by tomorrow midnight." Simon said, after noticing you slowly dozing off.

Usually, people would refer the 'big day' as something good. For you? Not so much.

"Yeah, I guess...." You mumbled as you rubbed your eyes. Everyone decided to call it a night and let you rest.

The next day

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Scott whispered to Simon, smiling nervously at the people who were looking at you all weirdly.

You're sitting on the seat, with Simon and Scott surrounding you so that you won't be seen. Except for Alice, who was sitting on your lap. She was able to cover you as well in that way. There are only about three people or so in the train with you. Like Simon said, there's not much people this late at night.

You didn't feel sleepy nor tired. You've been having small naps the whole day to keep yourself from getting tired during this trip.

Luther and Connor were on the other side of the train, acting like as if they weren't part of your squad. While as Kara and Clover stayed far away from you all.

Connor wasn't wearing his formal CyberLife uniform. He was wearing the same thing that he wore back in the attack of Jericho. It was to avoid attention.

Clover wanted to be with Connor in this trip, and has mentioned it throughout the day while the others were trying to plan a bit further.

In Clover's defense though, Connor wanted to be with you. It was only to ensure your safety, but Clover....her reason is unknown, and you're starting to get annoyed.

Who cares if you're with Connor or not? It's just only for a short while. You'll meet up with them by the abandoned car. You'll meet him soon.

Wait...now that you think about it...

Does Clover.....have a crush on.....Connor...?

I mean, love is a thing for androids now. The Tracis, Markus and North....

Clover and....Connor?

No, that sounds wrong. You don't like it.

Detective (Y/n) (L/n) disapproves.

Once arrived at your destination, you all stepped out, but still walked on your separate ways. You as well have disguised yourself. Wearing a cap and pulling your hoodie on, you would be mistaken as a gangster.

There wasn't much people, and it was dark, no one could recognize you.

Simon and Scott was there with you, along with Alice. Alice was holding your hand, not wanting to get lost.

If it weren't for the situation...this would've been peaceful. Well...the situation AND Scott.

"Why is Scott with us again?" You asked Simon, glancing at the android that you swore smoked weeds 24/7.

"Ouch..."

"I don't trust others looking after him. I don't want him running off. Don't want to risk it." He responded, although he looked like he wanted to die just because Scott is existing. "If that's wasn't a problem, I would've mind leaving him here right now."

"Double ouch." You ignored him, you smiled at Alice.

Not only do you hate Scott because of his ignorance of reality and problems, you find him suspicious. Along with Clover, they both seemed too cheerful. (Cheerful and annoying)

If anything, they reminded you of those creepy twins that smiles and speaks simultaneously as if they know what the other is about to say.

As soon as a thought invaded your mind, you found yourself exactly where you need to be. The house.

Kara and Clover were already there, waiting for you. In all honesty, Kara has to be there in case the android 'Ralph' is here. He'll...probably kill you after your first encounter with him...

Speaking of which....it was Connor's first betrayal....

You hope that Connor wouldn't do the same again.

Kara smiled at you, and you all waited for the rest.

Hopefully, all will go with well....

"I really don't like where this is going to be honest..." Scott murmured, pouting. You ignored him. "Why does no one love me."

"You're annoying, that's what." Simon shushed Scott, who frowned like a spoiled child who didn't get what he wanted. Soon, everyone was here.

"Connor, Luther, hey!" Clover waved the two over.

"Is everyone here?" Luther looked around, mentally counting all of you.

"Yup, we are." Kara reassured her friend.

"You sure Ralph won't kill me?" You sighed, looking at Kara.

"I'm...not sure, but I will convince him...IF he's still here." She said, smiling at you reassuringly. You smiled back in a nervous way. You don't want to kill Kara's friend. I mean, you and Kara had an awkward relationship, but she's nice.

"We don't have much tine to lose. We can't risk staying out here any longer. We might get caught." Connor said. He arrived a few minutes ago. "We have to go inside."

"It looks like it's about to rain." Clover commented, looking up.

"Okay, then we REALLY have to go." Scott said. You hesitated, but agreed anyways. You might not know anything about Ralph, but you believe he knows better not to attack you when there's a group with you.

Going through the opening that you went through before, you were slightly scratched by the wires.

Does that stop you? Hell no. You've been through so much more than that.

Soon, all of you went to the other side of the barricade. At night, it seemed way scarier than it was during daytime.

"It's best that I should go first." Kara said, stepping forward.

"Hold on. What if he doesn't recognize you?" Luther said, stopping Kara.

"I'm sure he will." Kara smiled confidently.

"He could attack you. He's unstable, and has problems in his program. I encountered him before, remember?" Connor warned.

"I'm sure he's unstable to you because he's a deviant back then, and you're a deviant hunter. Don't worry, I can handle myself." Kara said.

"Just in case though, take this." You said, giving her your pocket knife. She looked at it, before glancing at you. She seemed to be debating with herself, but her final decision is to just simply take it for self-defense. "Careful."

"I will." She said reassuringly. She went inside the house, while the rest of you stayed out of sight (hiding behind a bush, even though I'm not entirely sure if there is).

You started thinking about Ralph. What if he's not here and wasn't worth all these worries? You were probably overthinking this...

In your defense, he did put a knife to your throat. Of course it would be normal for you to be this nervous. You could easily defend yourself, but then again, Ralph is Kara's friend. You can't harm him.

You noticed Clover was close to Connor.

"Connor." Clover whispered. It seemed that only the Connor, she, and you were aware of this conversation. The rest were too busy looking out for Kara. "When we have time, can we talk? Alone?" Connor was quiet, possibly speechless. Is she going to confess?

"......of course...why?" He asked, Clover just smiled at him. She placed her hand on his shoulder, moving in closer. You mentally put your hands up.

This girl is forward.

Connor seemed uncomfortable. The more he leaned backwards, the more Clover leaned closer. You have to do something for him.

Yeah...just him...you weren't jealous. How are you jealous?

Oh yeah. Because an android has better love life than you.

You have to say something, or DO something fast.

You coughed, "YEET." Everyone looked at you. Clover pulled away to avoid gaining any attention. "Sorry, that's my wheeze." You coughed again.

"I have some cough drops if you want." Simon said, you declined politely.

"Nah, I'm fine." You said, waving it off. Connor gave you a questionable look.

At least Clover wasn't all over Connor anymore. Connor will have to thank you later.

Right after that happened, Kara came out looking for you all. Simon stood up, gesturing her to come over. Kara seemed confused, but went anyways.

"So? How is it?"

"He wasn't even here." Alright. That's fine. That's okay.

"That means we won't have a crazy android? Good, okay! That's good!" You deadpanned at Scott. He's the crazy one here.... "We better hurry. I think I felt a drop of water."

All of you went inside. It was the same as last time, except it has much more dust. It looked old. You looked at the fireplace. Now that you think about it....you do feel cold...

"We should light up the fireplace." Kara said, "You look pale, (Y/n)."

"Probably from the chills." You said, tugging on your jacket.

"Wait, hold on." Connor stopped Kara. "We'll draw attention if we do."

"But (Y/n)'s freezing." Connor glanced at you, then at the fireplace. This seems familiar...

"We'll all get caught if you do. Our mission is to be as discreet as possible." Right. Mission. That's why this is so familiar. Connor cares about his mission. So he hasn't changed.

"It's fine. My jacket is enough." You said, trying your best not to sound bitter. Connor was trying his best to protect you all, but word 'mission' just ticked you off.

"Are you sure? You're shaking.." Kara said. Alice didn't feel cold, because her mode was off. It was you she was worrying, which is sweet.

"I'm fine." You repeated, before going upstairs. You haven't seen the upper floor yet, and you wanted to see if there's anything that might comes in handy, any useful items. You also wanted to go up to see if it makes you feel better. You know what they say, warm air rises and the cool air sinks.

Drop of water, then another. Soon, countless of droplets poured down. First lightly, then mercilessly. You could hear raindrops hitting the roof. It was noisy to say the least, but at the moment you didn't care.

You were too occupied to notice. You wanted to make sure no one else is really here. What if they were hiding from Kara? You're sure Kara didn't check the hiding places.

You weren't engulfed in depression like before. Rather, you tried to avoid it. Who cares about Connor? For goodness sake he left you for dead countless times. Heck, he let you get hurt several times.

Glancing at the window, you opened the closet to see if there's anything. Nothing. Drawers? Nothing. Well, so much for useful items.

You went to to the other rooms, nothing, but the bathroom smelled horrible. You remembered that Connor said that they found a body. Perhaps it was here. The smell lingered, and it wasn't faint, it was strong.

Sighing, you decided to go back downstairs to see if the others are okay. You left the bathroom, going to back downstairs only to freeze in your spot halfway through, with gun pointing behind your head.

You knew Kara didn't check the places properly.

"Ralph doesn't want to kill anyone today, so listen to Ralph, and Ralph won't fire."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.6K 4.9K 200
You're Detective Y/N L/N, you worked through the revolution with Lieutenant Hank Anderson and Connor, the Android sent by CyberLife. After winning t...
4.6K 150 11
Detective (y/n) (l/n) was recently assigned to investigate deviant cases with lieutenant Anderson. But things get interesting when an android, sent b...
73K 2K 22
Connor is lieutenant Hank Anderson's partner. He aids him on the force and in his home. One morning after a long night of drinking, Hank gets a very...
142K 6.1K 21
[ 𝐃𝐄𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐈𝐓: 𝐁𝐄𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐇𝐔𝐌𝐀𝐍 𝐱 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑 ] (ON HOLD UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE) ❛𝙄 𝙖𝙢 𝙖𝙬𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙙𝙚𝙫𝙞𝙖𝙣𝙩...