Written In Stars

By TwirlingPages

Shyra Riminique Swan, the elder sister of Isabella Swan and the newest resident of Forks, Washington. With h... More

Chapter 1: Back Home
Chapter 2: Forks High
Chapter 3: The Eyes of Gold
Chapter 4: The Smirk
Chapter 6: The Case of a Hot Mate
Chapter 7: Stuff Of The Legends
Chapter 8: A Walk In The Forest

Chapter 5: Jasper Hale

4.9K 123 22
By TwirlingPages

Hey guys! Not much to say so...Happy Reading!
________________________________________________________
Chapter 5
Jasper Hale

The end of lunch had Shyra wishing to see Jasper Hale once again. The thought of possibly not seeing him for another day seemed to sink her heart for no apparent reason.

However, whatever great powers existed, granted her wish and Shyra's heart skipped a beat as she entered her Biology classroom with John, only to find Jasper Hale already seated. She turned to introduce herself to the teacher, her face slightly red and breathing a little uneven.

The teacher signed her slip and instructed her to sit next to 'Mr. Hale'.

"Hey..I'm Shyra. Swan. Shyra Swan." She told him, hoping she didn't think she was retarded with the way she stumbled over her own name.

"Jasper Hale at your service." He introduced with a slight southern accent.

"Are you from somewhere in the South?" Shyra asked curiously.

"Why would you think that?" He asked, not unkindly.

"You have a slight accent..so I thought..." Shyra trailed off confusedly. She had watched enough movies to know what a southern accent was!

"Oh! You aren't wrong. My grandparents lived in Texas. I used to visit them a lot as a child." He told her.

"Oh, you and Rosalie must've been quite close to them then." She mused, after all, it's must've taken a lot of visiting to develop the accent.

"Rosalie never really visited Texas with me." He told her, giving Shyra a gut feeling that while he was being completely honest with her, he was hiding the truth by omission.

It was then that Mr. Banner started the class. They were to start the second unit which was Biochemistry. The very thought of studying that made Shyra groan.

"What is it?" Jasper asked her in an extremely concerned tone.

She gave the boy a tight smile. "I'm good at Chemistry and at Biology but when you put them together...I'm hopeless."

"That's not a problem. I can help with that. And I honestly doubt it'll be that bad." He whispered to her, making her feel all warm inside.

Having finished a subtopic about 8 minutes before the class ended, Mr. Banner decided to let the students leave instead of starting a new one and leaving it incomplete.

"That wasn't too bad." Shyra admitted, biting her lip consequently showing off her dimples as she gave Jasper a sideways glance after slipping her books into her bag.

"I'm glad to hear that darlin'." He smiled, making her turn red due to the endearment.

Jasper picked up her bag. "May I walk you to your next class?" He asked.

"Yes." Shyra said a little too quickly, very happy to have an excuse to be around him for any amount of additional time. "Please." She added as an afterthought as realisation of her enthusiasm hit.

The male gave her a wide grin and proceeded to ask what her next class was. 

"AP History." She informed him resulting in the widening of his grin.

"So do I." He informed her with a pleased smile. "My brother Edward is in the class too."

"He's the one with bronze hair, right?" Shyra asked, already knowing the answer.

"He is." Jasper confirmed. "What's your last class?"

"AP Economics." She told him with crossed fingers, hoping to have him with her by some miracle.

"You have that with Alice and I." He told her as they finally got up.

Abruptly remembering John, Shyra turned to look for him in the class, only to find him by his own table. He gave her a wink in encouragement which was responded to with a grateful smile. Her attention was, brought back to Jasper once he took her hand and looked at her as if to ask whether it was okay.

Beaming at her new crush, Shyra took the lead and dragged him out of the class.

"I was under the impression you didn't know where the class is." Jasper told Shyra cheekily after a minute of her dragging him around the halls.

"I don't." She replied, looking down and slightly blushing. She had done a lot of that around Jasper, she noted.

"I gathered. We're going in the wrong direction!" Jasper informed her cheerfully, deepening the scarlet colour of her cheeks.
_________________________
Edward Cullen, Shyra learned, was a rather interesting person.

Once they reached the classroom, Jasper asked the teacher whether he could be her partner. The teacher's eyes widened, never having seen a Cullen interacting in school. Nonetheless, he expressed his permission and Shyra soon found herself seated between Edward Cullen and Jasper Hale.

"Shyra, this is Edward. Edward, Shyra." Jasper introduced.

Edward took her outstretched hand while giving her a polite smile at the same time. As Shyra arranged her stationary, she decided to pretend to not have noticed the look the brothers exchanged.

Unbeknownst to her, the look was so much more than just that.

Mate. Jasper informed his mind reading brother mentally, said brother raised an eyebrow. Her blood obviously holds no temptation. She's important. Look at her.

One look at his lovesick brother had Edward Cullen assured that there will be no accidents at all and that the girl sitting next to him will be his sister quite soon. After all, the girl seemed just as in love, the mating bond while not as strong for a human as it is for a vampire, would certainly be recognised and accepted by her body and soul, even if unknowingly.

History, it turned out, was not Shyra's best subject. At least, the topic they were studying, the south and the slavery, wasn't.

"Not your favourite?" Edward asked her after the class, as Jasper once again took her bag, silencing her as soon as she protested.

"I can carry my bag, it's not going to bite me." She told Jasper. "And no, not this topic. I'm quite bad at everything related to Lincoln. Except the Civil War itself and its aftermath. Ask me the reasons for the war and I'm a lost case." She informed Edward honestly, making him chuckle and subtly smirk at Jasper.

"Don't you have a class to get to?" Jasper asked Edward sweetly, making Shyra giggle.

"Please don't talk like that." She said cringing, earning a laugh. "You sounded...like a cat on a sugar rush."

"Won't repeat it ma'am." Jasper told her with a glint in his eyes.

Shyra bit her lower lip and looked down in a subconscious attempt to hide the colour of her cheeks.

"Are you blushing?" Jasper asked teasingly making her eyes wide as she slapped his arm, shocking herself with the shock that went through her arm consequently.

"Are you alright?" Jasper asked, taking her hand as if to examine her arm.

"Just fine." She said, letting him continue his examination anyway. "Honestly though. What are you made up of? Iron?"

"Something like that." He replied, rubbing the back of her hand with one hand while holding it with another. Shyra decided not to comment to how he was abnormally cold as well.

They entered the class, just barely in time, making everyone stare as Jasper continued to hold and rub her hand, only reluctantly letting go once she pointed out that she needs to speak to the teacher. This teacher, for once, made her introduce herself.

"I'm Shyra Riminique Swan." She all but chirped. "I'm from Phoenix, Arizona." Deciding to keep it short, she looked at the teacher for approval.

"Any questions?" The teacher asked. "We'll be entertaining two." She decided, looking at the show of hands.

"Jameson, Gale." She announced.

Rachel Jameson gave her a doubtful look before asking. "Why aren't you tan?"

"Tans don't suit me, so I always covered myself with sunscreen." She replied.

"Why did you move here?"

"I love the rain and the green, natural  aesthetics of Forks." She replied, not dishonestly.

"You May sit next to Miss Cullen." The teacher told her. She was sitting right behind Jasper.

A little disappointed with her change of partners, Shyra gave him a closed mouth, dimple showing smile as she moved to sit next to Alice Cullen who immediately hugged her.

"We're going to be sisters!" She chirped, making Shyra's eyes go wide as Jasper slowly turned and gave Alice the evil eye. But Alice only let go once the teacher noticed the commotion with everyone staring at and talking about the duo.

Alice was a good soul, Shyra decided. Eccentric but good.
_________________________
"Was that Jasper Hale?" Alessia asked teasingly as Shyra and Jasper, Alice  parted ways in the parking lot.

"And Alice Cullen." Shyra told her pointedly.

"So we're already past the, meet my siblings stage." Lina commented, linking her arm with Shyra's.

"The rumour mill has it that Jasper Hale was seen escorting you to your classes during the second half." Daniel said.

"Don't deny it." John added. "I was there."

"We're friends!" Shyra protested as she unlocked her temporary car.

"That's what they all say sweetie." Lina said in a mock-sympathetic voice.

"What were you doing with Jasper?" A nasally voice came making the entire friends circle exhale loudly.

"Walking and talking. Normal people do that. Try it sometime." Alessia informed dismissively hoping to chase her off.

"We are talking to her." Lauren sneered.

"I mean, what did he see in her?" Tuney almost snarled.

"A charity case, at best." Lauren said, rolling her eyes. "After all, why would someone as hot as him even look at someone as..not hot as her?"

Tuney elbowed Lauren, as a number of teachers came outside, heading to the main office probably to meet the principal.

"We'll be continuing this." Tuney sneered, before heading away.

"About that, honestly-" started John.

"I'll show her hot." Shyra said. "Don't worry." She murmured, getting into the car with a smirk.
_________________________________________________________
There you go guys! A relatively long chapter for a very happy new year! I hope you all enjoyed it.
Do vote, comment, follow and share. Check out my other stories. Thankyou!❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

293K 6.5K 32
Alena Swan was adopted to the swan family. She doesn't know her real last name due to being a newborn baby who was dropped off at the Swans. As she g...
13.1K 456 16
Y/n Swan has just moved to Forks, Washington with his younger sister Bella to spend some time with their Dad (Charlie). After moving the two siblings...
65.7K 1.4K 23
Ella Swan is a well known girl in Forks and Bella's twin. She has lived with Charlie all of her life. When Charlie and Renee divorced, Renee got Bell...
258K 5.9K 40
When Elaine Swan's father calls her back to Forks, Washington in desperate need of help, who was she to refuse? Her father rarely called, let alone a...