The Final Hope - Transformers...

By babsgordon152

The third installment of the Transformers Prime Series. Amanda Beckett knew her place. She was a leader, a fr... More

Chapter One
Author's Note
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Conclusion
Author's Note

Chapter Two

1.9K 68 23
By babsgordon152

Short chapter here, mostly because majority of the action in this episode doesn't actually need to be modified. If I were you, I'd watch the episode maybe first or alongside this chapter, just because I didn't want to spend so much time writing out things that wouldn't actually change in this plot line. Still, hope you lovelies enjoy!

Episode 2 - Scattered

[Elsewhere]

  "Reports of my demise were.. Greatly premature. A pair of Autobots infiltrated my facility on Cybertron, sabotaging my space bridge. I gave chase but failed to accurately calculate the outcome. I awoke in the rubble, blinded. It soon became clear that I was marooned on our dead planet with no means of communication. In time, I repaired my wounds and resumed my experiments. The solitude enabled me to make tremendous advances in my research. Until one day, my instruments detected a massive surge of unidentifiable energy. I traveled to investigate its origin at the edge of the Sea of Rust, where I encountered your salvage team and the smoldering wreckage of the Omega Lock. But this was not the search party I had anticipated so long ago. Leaving one unanswered question. Why was I left for scrap, abandoned? Why?"

[Elsewhere - Jack]

  "Arcee, Team Prime is scattered to the winds. For all we know, you and I could be the only ones left."

  "I don't believe that, Jack, and I know you don't either."

  "Maybe not. But the Decepticons outnumber us 100 to 1. Aren't there any more Autobots out there who could help?"

  "... the war for Cybertron took a heavy toll. But there were others who escaped in the Ark."

  "So where are they?"

  "Scattered to the winds."

[Elsewhere - Miko]

  "I don't think he's coming."

  "Don't worry, Miko, every Wrecker knows the protocol. Jackie will show..... If he's still kicking..."

[Elsewhere - Raf]

  "Ratchet, it's me, Raf! Ratchet?"

  "Go away."

  *series of buzzes*

  "You're interrupting my power down."

  "Come on, Ratchet, we need your help to find the others."

  *more buzzes*

  "We can't stop Megatron. Not anymore. The war is over and we lost."

  "You're giving up?! We can't just give up!"

  "Then tell me what we can do! Without communications, without a ground bridge, without a base of operations or resources of any kind!"

  *buzz*

  "Bee's right. We know Starscream had access to a ground bridge while he was operating solo."

  "Yes, yes, he'd clearly been using the derelict Decepticon ship the Harvenger. What does that have to do with anything?!"

  "It could be full of Cybertronian tech, and it's probably abandoned again, no that Starscream's back with the Cons."

  "... well, resources won't be of much use, not without someone to.. Lead us."

  "It's a start!"

  "You'll have to start without me! This is someone else's fight now."

  "There is no one else, Ratchet! Just us, just the team!"

  "Please... just let me rust in peace."

[Amanda]

  I was in charge of watching Optimus while Smokescreen was out. Though I took the job very seriously, with the Prime clinging onto his every breath, there wasn't much I could do while he was unconscious. I cursed myself in every way I could for not learning as much as I could about Cybertronian biology and anatomy. Sure, I could heal flesh wounds, but I never learned how to actually heal life threatening injuries, let alone mend all of the wounds Optimus had sustained.

  So I sat at his feet, cross legged on the cold rock ground, with my eyes closed and searched for the others. Scenes flashed across my eyes, Jack and Arcee stopping by a farm, Miko and Bulkhead waiting for something on a hill, Raf and Bumblebee arguing with Ratchet, it all blended together. I got little snippets from each of the divided teams, which was only useful because it told me that they were okay. Otherwise, I just gave myself a headache for using too much energy at once.

  Which was annoying. Before the trip to Cybertron, my powers were at a max, ready to do anything I willed them to do. After I burned that power on Cybertron, between protecting Team Prime and ensuring that I wouldn't die due to exposure to Cybertron's atmosphere, I was left with basically nothing. I had enough power to do the little things, like how I scanned for Optimus earlier (was that earlier today or was that yesterday? The days had begun to blur together), but besides that, I felt useless.

  A pain filled groan snapped me out of my thoughts, causing me to get to my feet and climb up Optimus' arm swiftly so that I could reach his chest.

  "Hey there, Optimus," I said softly as his dull eyes searched for someone to look at. "How you feeling?"

  "Amanda..." his voice was weaker than before. I knew he made himself, even in this state, seem stronger when Smokescreen was around. Now that the rookie was gone, he let his act down and it broke my heart.

  "I know, that was a dumb question," I admitted. "Don't worry, Smokescreen went up there to scout around again. Last time it was to figure out what's going on up there, but now he's looking for a medical kit or something of Ratchet's to help you..." That's when all of my shame crashed down on me, and I buried my face in my hands. "I'm sorry, Optimus. I'm probably the most useless Champion of Cleona ever. I can't even heal your wounds. I-"

  "Amanda," He cut me off, eyes as sharp as I'd seen them since the blast. "Don't- be discouraged- You were- chosen by the goddess- Have faith- in her and- yourself."

  I smiled sadly at the Prime. "Look at you. Even now, you're saying wise things. I think, when things go back to normal, I'm going to start a book and record all the smart things you say. Maybe you'll be able to inspire the world and all that."

  That got me what was almost one of his small smiles, and I almost forgot the bleak situation we were in. I sat back on his chest, looking up at him.

  "Remember that time we were in Alaska, looking for energon?" I asked, seeing his smile widen a bit. "And we got caught in one of those surprise snowstorms? You were trying so hard not to slip off the road while we tried to beat the Cons to the energon, and the Cons-" I laughed at the memory. "They were either caught in the falling snow in the sky and couldn't see two feet in front of them, or they totally wiped out because of the black ice."

  His eyes brightened, and though he didn't- couldn't- say anything, I knew he would have talked in that humorous tone that told me he was happy or amused. In the back of my mind, I knew he was getting worse and closer to... no, I wasn't going to think about that. I needed to think about something else, for both our sakes. I couldn't let my fear show, not when Optimus still needed me.

  "I want to go back to that," I said, making myself smile. "I mean, in the moment we were completely unprepared, but it was fun. Watching the Cons fall over themselves, trying to drive in the ice and snow... not at all what we signed up for when we took that mission, huh?"

  His smile didn't falter, neither did the brightness in his eyes, which told me I was doing a good job at keeping him distracted from the situation at hand. That was, until the Prime's body convulsed, forcing out another pain filled groan.

  "Optimus!" I put my hands flat against his chest, willing the powers of Cleona into his body to soothe his agony and stop whatever was causing the sudden spasm. I felt my powers flow through him, calming his pain.

  "I'm back," Smokescreen said as he phased through a wall of the cave. I didn't turn to greet him, my focus on relieving Optimus' pain, but I heard Smokescreen hurry over. "What happened?"

  I shook my head. "He's getting worse, Smoke. Look, he's barely breathing! He needs help more than ever. Did you find anything up there?"

  I saw his shoulders droop out of the corner of my eye. "I combed through every square micron of our old base. I couldn't find Ratchet's medical kit, not even a bandage. If we could find the doc-"

  "We can't wait," I cut him off, not wanting to tell him that I saw Ratchet turn his back on Raf and Bee in my visions.

  "The- Forge of- Solus Prime," Optimus heaved, the Prime not even able to disguise his pain.

  "It's gone too," Smokescreen sighed. "The Cons picked the place clean."

  That gave me an idea and I looked towards the Prime. "Wait. If you had the forge, you could fix yourself up with the power of the Primes."

  He didn't move, his eyes flickering, before he fell into unconsciousness again.

  Still, my idea hit Smokescreen. "That hammer's got to be somewhere in Megatron's fortress." He started to leave when I stood.

  "Hold on," I said, making the rookie turn to me. "I'm coming with you."

  "What about watching over Optimus?" He asked.

  "He's out cold," I said. "And I can't just sit here, knowing I can't use my powers to do scrap while Optimus is hurting. I've put enough energy in him to keep him going for now, but you're going to need help sneaking through Megatron's fortress and finding the forge. We can't risk you getting even sighted, Smoke. Optimus' life depends on your success, and we can't leave that up to chance. You need backup, and I'm the only one you have right now."

  The rookie's gaze went from me, to the unconscious Prime, then back to me before he sighed.

  "Fine. Let's go kick some Con tailpipe."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 47 4
In war, nobody really wins. The true objective is to lose less people and of what you are fighting for than your opponent. And the natives of Cybertr...
3.9K 186 13
Jack Darby's family has a long history of helping people, but his father's side of the family has a long history of being... well, slightly insane. J...
50.6K 1.6K 43
"One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it."- Master Oogway --- ~ BOOK 1 OF THE LIGHTBLADE SERIES Fate sometimes leads us to vario...
605 34 7
What happens if Raf had an older sister? What happens when she finds out about the Autobots and Cons? What happens on the one evening that changes he...