The Dragon Tamer: A Draco Mal...

Sadie_Hook által

Danneel and Draco have been best friends since hours after Danneel was born. That same day their fathers drew... Több

Prolouge: A Million Dreams
Part 1
Main Characters Mood Boards
Chapter 1: A Whole New World
Chapter 2: Happier
Chapter 3: Be Our Guests
Chapter 4: I Could Use A Love Song
Chapter 5: You Give Love A Bad Name
Chapter 6: Little Talks
Chapter 7: Can I Have This Dance
Chapter 8: Just To See You Smile
Chapter 9: Night of All Nights
Chapter 10: You Belong With Me
Chapter 11: Stairway to Heaven
Chapter 12: Listen To What The Man Said
Chapter 13: I'll Melt With You
Chapter 15: One Of Us
Chapter 16: Here Comes the Sun
Chapter 17: Whatever It Takes
Chapter 18: Revolution
Chapter 19: Heat of The Moment
Chapter 20: Young And Beautiful
Chapter 21:White Lair
Chapter 22: Danger Zone
Chapter 23: Renegade
Chapter 24: Changes
Chapter 25: Pure Imagination
Chapter 26: Strangers
Chapter 27: Come Back To Me
Chapter 28: Paper Rings
Chapter 29: Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
Chapter 30: I Believe In Father Christmas
Chapter 31: Mess Is Mine
Chapter 32: Make It Sweet
Chapter 33: We are the Champions
Chapter 34: This Is War
Chapter 35: Can't Help Falling In Love
Chapter 36: Smile
Chapter 37: Blue Christmas
Chapter 38: Centuries
Chapter 39: It's The End Of The World As We Know It
Part 2
Chapter 40: Growing Up
Chapter 41: White Wedding
Chapter 42: American Pie
Chapter 43: We are Family
Chapter 44: December, 1963 (Oh, What a Night)
Chapter 45: Anything Like Me
Chapter 46: Mr. Mom
Chapter 47: They Say It's Your Birthday
Chapter 48: June Bride
Chapter 49: Get Over Yourself
Chapter 50: Boy
Chapter 51: (Everything I Do) I Do It For You
Chapter 52: You're Gonna Miss This
Chapter 53: Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)
Chapter 54:Blessed
Baby Count
Chapter 55: Don't Blink
Chapter 56: Maybe It's Time
Chapter 57: Human
Chapter 58: Remember You Young
Chapter 59: Silly Love Songs
Part 3
Epilogue: Closing Time
Bonus
Thank You
Up and coming

Chapter 14: Winner Takes It All

18.3K 430 650
Sadie_Hook által

I was in your arms

Thinking I belonged there

I figured it made sense

Building me a fence

Building me a home

Thinking I'd be strong there

But I was a fool

Playing by the rules

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

The rest of the summer was delightful, Danneel and Draco became closer than ever and Cass came home two weeks before school started. Danneel's parents were still away even though they said they'd be back to see her off she really doubted it. The week before school Draco, Danneel, and Cass all met Zara, Blaise and Daphne in Diagon Ally to go school shopping.

A week later they were all on the train headed to Hogwarts and talking excitedly in their compartment, and like Danneel expected her parents couldn't make it.

"Danneel stop looking forlorn out the window," Zara pleads as she nudges her friend's shin.

"Sorry I'm just sad, I don't know why I knew they wouldn't come but I still had some hope-"

"Screw them!" Cass declares and shakes Danneel's shoulders, "They still love you but they need to a reality to check because their amazing, fabulous daughter is the Slytherin's motherfucking prefect!"

Danneel smiles and buries her face in Draco's side, "Stop it's not that big of a deal. I don't even know why I was picked I've been at the school for a year."

However, Draco shifts away and Danneel tries not to seem hurt.

"Oh please," Daphne says rolling her eyes and filing her nails, "Who else were they gonna give it too? Cass?"

"Hey!"

"I'm just saying Cass, you have the grades but you are far too troublesome. Zara and I are smart but not prefect smart. And let's be honest the rest of the Slytherin 5th year girls are duds."

"She's not wrong," Blaise says putting his arm around Daphne. "Although I did think Nott would give Draco a run for his money."

Draco scoffs and leans forward, "Please Nott is all talk. I was the clear choice. You just wish you were as good as me Zabini. Now, if you'll excuse me Danneel and I have prefect rounds."

"Yea, we'll catch up with you guys later," Danneel smiles and follows Draco out.

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

Danneel and Draco got separated during rounds so when they were done she went looking for him. She found him in an empty compartment but with his face attached to someone else. Danneel lets out a small gasp and turns quickly around and rushes to the compartment where her friends are. She flings the door open, interrupting her friends' conversation and goes to her luggage overhead and starts rummaging through the front pocket.

"D what's wrong?" Cass asks going to stand next to her friend.

"Nothing," She forces out and her hands grasp what she was looking for and pulls it out.

"Well, something is if you're smoking," Zara points out as Danneel sticks a cigarette between her teeth and lights it.

Danneel takes a drag before answering, "Okay, if I'm going to tell you Blaise needs to leave."

"Why?!" He exclaims, "If someone made you upset I want to know about it."

"Blaise," Danneel insists.

"Get out!" Zara says pushing her brother out.

"Don't worry Blaise we all know Daph will tell you later anyway," Danneel manages a weak chuckle.

"What?" Daphne says shocked and blushes.

"Please we all know you too are dating now. The Yule Ball confirmed that you both had feelings for you and it was only a matter of time," Cass explains, "Not to mention I heard you being all lovey and gross and calling each other pet names when we went to Diagon Ally and thought no one was looking."

"Well, I guess the cat's out of the bag," Blaise smirks.

"Not that we're all surprised," Danneel manages a smile, "It was only a matter of time. And we can talk about this later but right now I need my girls and unless you suddenly sprout a vagina Blaise I need you to leave."

Blaise puts up his hands in surrender and leaves the compartment and starts to walk down the hall. Cass gets up and locks the door to the compartment and draws the blinds and then turns to her best friend, "Okay D, spill why are you sad and smoking?"

Danneel takes a deep breath and opens the window slightly so she can get the ashes off the cigarette. "I was done with rounds and Draco and I were split up so I went to find him and I saw him sucking faces with 4th year Slytherin."

"That slimy bastard!" Cass fumes.

"I thought there was a rule in your contract that you can't cheat on each other," Zara asks.

"There is but that's for after we get engaged. Right now we can still date anyone without any consciouses," Danneel exclaims.

"Well there's going to be some consciouses," Cass mutters.

"Don't do anything," Danneel pleads and takes a drag.

"How can you say that!" Daphne cries, "He cheated!"

"We were never official. I wanted to bring it up during the summer but I didn't think Draco would want to because we were gonna end up together anyway. It's his last-stitch effort for the freedom I guess," Danneel rambles, "I mean we're getting engaged at Christmas."

"Danneel," Cass groans, "For once in your life you have to stop letting Draco do stupid things because of your feelings and stop saying it's just because of the contract because that's bullshit!"

"Don't you think I know it's bullshit! God, I want to grab him by the shoulders and yell and shake sense into him but you all know I can't because that's not what a high society young lady does. So instead of yelling and cursing him out, I'm going to smoke and cry behind closed doors because this sucks and I hate that I feel this way. But this feeling I have isn't going to go away, I can't be mad at him because we never specified and he's a boy so everything has to be spelled out for him. And I may as well let him have this because after December there's no escape," Danneel yells and continues, "And I care about him so much, I may even love him but it's still so fucked up we have to get married at the of 17 before we graduate and get engaged at 15. I almost wish I could do what Draco does and go and date countless guys but I can't. He's had my heart since who knows when and I don't have the heart to use somebody."

"We know," Zara says getting up and putting her arms around a tearful Danneel.

"We're here for you," Daphne adds and rubs Danneel's back.

"And you can bet your ass Draco's going to wake up to a nasty prank somewhere in the future," Cass reassures.

"Thank you guys," Danneel sighs and leans into her friends

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

The sorting went by in a blink of an eye and they ate till their bellies were full. All that was separating the students of Hogwarts from their beds was Dumbledore's speech. It's was a bit more somber than previous speeches but it was hard to focus on him when there was a pink eyesore just a few paces away from him. She even had the audacity to interrupt his speech.

With a sickly sweet smile, the eyesore introduced herself as Dolores Umbridge the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. Although Danneel and her friends all knew she was a Ministry spy. The new professor told them sickly sweet promises of how much fun they'll have this year and how such great friends they'll be, this caused quite a few chuckles from the student body.

Danneel tuned the rest of her speech out as her eyes wandered to a certain blond a few spots down looking just as bored as she is. Draco was sitting with his new girlfriend a perky small blonde. Cass was able to find out her name, Melissa McGarfty, and according to Cass, she was a ditz.

Soon the feast was over and the students were released to their dorms. Danneel gathered the new first years and began to lead them to their common room. She had her shoulders squared and led them with her head held high. She could hear the first years chattering and the sound of hurried footsteps and a gruff voice telling people to move. Danneel didn't have to turn to see who it is.

"Man you flew out of their fast," He chuckles falling into step with her.

"We have to show them to the common room and I couldn't wait for you. The world doesn't revolve around you, you know," Danneel huffs.

Draco chuckles, "I know," and tries to grab her hand but Danneel moves it away.

They arrive at the portrait hole shortly and Danneel turns to face the several wide eyes and smiles.

"Welcome to the Slytherin Common room. As I introduced earlier I am Danneel Rosier and this is Draco Malfoy. The password changes bimonthly so be sure to check the bulletin board in the common room for the new password. Right now the password is emerald."

"And don't mention it to anyone outside of this house. No one is to know it but us," Draco threatens.

Danneel rolls her eyes and mutters the password allowing the portrait to swing wide open. The group steps in and Danneel smiles as gasps of awe are heard from the small group of first years. She turns back to face them and says, "Boys dormitories on the left and girls on the right."

"And boys don't try to go up on the girl's side, it's charmed to turn into a slide," Draco explains.

"You would know," Danneel mutters.

"What?" Draco asks.

"Nothing," Danneel says and forces a smile, "Good night all and if you need anything you can always come to Draco or I."

The kids scramble and race up to their respective dorms. Danneel turns to head up to her own but Draco grabs her arm and spins her around, "Are you okay?"

"Just Peachy," Danneel coos mockingly and heads up to her dorm.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

965 9 15
"You filthy little mudblood!" Draco yelled at Hermione when they were in their first year at Hogwarts. Hermione ran away with tears in her eyes. Then...
122K 3.4K 21
Hermione is looking forward to her sixth year of Hogwarts. But the Wizard world is in total uproar. Draco is in some serious trouble and she will do...
87.6K 1.8K 27
Description Right after the war Draco tries to put his life back together. He got a lette...
1.5K 32 1
Pulling away a centimeter, my gaze traveled upwards and met Draco's twinkling eyes. Merlin, I will never get tired of gazing into them. Neither will...