Rome & Julie

By Dreamer7Writer

Despite their uncanny names, Rome and Julie think of their relationship as anything but the one of Romeo and... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33

Chapter 34

846 43 9
By Dreamer7Writer

Well guys, this is it.  This is the final chapter.  I couldn't be more happy and sad all at once than I am right now.  I'm so incredibly sorry at my lack of updates for the past year.  I truly have barely written, save for a few new stories I started up and never completed.  Recently I've rediscovered the love I've always had for writing, and I knew it was time to finish this story and lay it to rest.  This has been an incredible journey, and the first story I've ever finished.  Although this story is far from being done, for I started this long ago when my writing skills weren't exactly up to par with what I am now.  There is much editing to be done before I can finally say I'm finished, and perhaps get it published, which would be an absolute dream come true.  Thank you everyone who stuck with this story. I am thankful for every single individual read, vote, and comment.  So much more than you guys will ever know.  Thank you so so so much, and I love each and every one of you with all my heart.  Enjoy the final chapter of "Rome & Julie."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Are you nervous?  You look nervous…,” A soft voice murmured into my right ear, warm breath fanning my clammy skin.  I took a deep breath, eyes focused intently on the scene outside the window before me.  It was a beautiful summer day, that was for certain.  The sun was bright, the sky was a clear, stunning blue, and the trees blew gently in the wind, dancing just for me, it seemed.  I could only imagine how heavenly the warmth would feel against my skin.

“I’m good,” I responded, looking away from the window towards Molly.  She looked stunning, her black-as-night hair curled loosely down her back.  Her brown eyes sparkled as she grinned at me, resting a hand on my bare shoulder.

“I have never in my life seen anyone as beautiful as you are right now, Julie,” Molly said, tears forming in her soft doe eyes.  Before I could help myself, tears filled in mine as well.  “Don’t you dare cry!  You’ll mess up your fabulous makeup!” Molly laughed, squeezing my shoulder once before letting go.  I giggled with her, the smile feeling relieving on my face.  Truth had it, I was pretty nervous.  “Gosh, I’m so excited!  You should see outside and how beautiful everything turned out—” Molly began ranting, and I could only half-listen, too lost in my thoughts to pay complete attention.  There was only one thing—person, really—that I was waiting to see outside, and the moment couldn’t come fast enough.

“It’s time!” Maggie said, suddenly bursting through the door and entering the room.  Immediately in response, my heart began to hammer relentlessly in my chest, and my stomach felt like it tightened into a tiny ball in attempt to hide from the world like I wish I could’ve.  Slowly, I stood from the window seat, glancing between Molly and Maggie, both of whom were staring at me.  “Are you ready?”

“Yes,” My mouth responded before I could even think about her question.  A smile grew on my face, knowing my heart knew more than my mind, and that I truly was ready for this.  I might have been nervous—hell, I was only eighteen—but I was pretty sure I’d been waiting for this day my entire life.  As I moved my body forward, my heels clinked softly on the tiled floor below me, echoing my every step.  Every step taking me closer and closer, time running shorter and shorter.

I neared Maggie who was standing stilly by the door, watching my every movement.  When I was close enough, I could see that tears were in her eyes as well.

“You’re breathtaking, Jules,” She choked out, voice rough with emotion.  I smiled at her, holding back my tears lest I mess up my makeup.  “Your mother and father would be so proud.”  Emotion swelled within me, and I felt a tear roll down my cheek.  I figured one tear couldn’t mess up the entire work of art.

“I just wish they could be here, you know…,” I whispered, my gaze falling towards the floor as an odd sort of sadness fell over me.  Maggie placed her hand comfortingly on my arm, squeezing gently.

“Honey, there are.  Right here,” Maggie replied, moving her hand to just above my heart.  I glanced at her hand, and then to her gentle smile.  I smiled back, knowing that they were with me.  They always had been, every step of the way in my life.

The moments that passed after were pretty blurry.  I remembered walking through long, beautiful hallways, mind too jumbled to process the artwork and detail that surrounded me.  At some point we’d made it outside, and as the wind kissed my clammy skin, it cooled off any nervousness that I had left within me.  I exhaled as the air caressed my cheeks, blowing my long hair around my torso.  The sun shone brightly overhead, signaling to me that it was ready.  And was I ready?

Definitely.

With Maggie and Molly both at my sides, each of my hands clasped in theirs, we made our way towards the ceremony.  My dress danced around my feet in excitement, the corset hugging me gently enough to give me comfort in my decision.  Everything was perfect.  Everything would be perfect.

I heard the soft, lovely music as I approached, the grass beneath my feet eventually giving way to an isle of white rose petals.  Realizing I was staring at the ground, I lifted my chin in the air, the sudden brightness of the scene around me causing my eyes to take a few moments to adjust.

I saw two sections of white chairs set up on either side of me, the isle carved out in a perfect, single straight line before me.  Everyone in the chairs was looking at me.  Why was everyone looking at me?  The smiles on their faces brought a warmth inside of me that overpowered any and all doubts and questions in my mind, and I felt myself smiling back.  I scanned the rather large crowd of people, recognizing them all as my friends and family. 

I felt Molly push a bouquet of gorgeous blue flowers in my suddenly shaking hands, and I looked down at them for a moment, lost in their beauty.  Feeling a nudge at my side, I looked up to Molly.

“He’s waiting,” She whispered, a bright smile stretched across her lovely face.  She nodded forward, and feeling my heart suddenly start to race, I glanced in that direction.  And then I saw him…

“You know, you look silly when you’re deep in thought like that.”

My head snapped around so fast that something popped in my neck, and immediately I began to wail in pain.  Clasping my hand tightly around my neck, I glared in Rome’s direction—partly because I couldn’t look anywhere else.

“God, you’re so graceful, too,” Rome said sarcastically, grinning ear to ear as he moved towards me where I was moaning on the couch.

“Why are you choosing today to bully me?  Is it a special occasion?”  I questioned, slowly moving my head with Rome’s movement, until I felt like movement of my neck wasn’t the worst possible thing in the world.

Rome sat down beside me, and that’s when I saw something devious in his smirk.  My heart jumped in my chest—in excitement or fright, I wasn’t sure.  But one thing could be for certain:  I loved playful Rome.  Before I could open my mouth and question what game he was playing, he cut me off with his lips.

Like any normal day, I never refused a chance to kiss Rome, because… I mean, he was a damn good kisser.  And I loved him more than anything in the world.  It wasn’t long until I was positioned in his lap, my hands intertwined in his hair, and his all over me.  My stomach continued to tighten until I couldn’t take the sensation any longer.

“What are you doing, Rome?  Trying to tease me?” I asked, breaking away from him.  My chest rose and fell in heaps as my lungs tried desperately to get air.  I didn’t miss the flicker of his eyes towards my breasts, and I rolled my eyes.  This caused the devious smirk to appear once again.

“I would never,” He replied airily, using his efforts to look appalled at my accusation.  I rolled my eyes again.  Suddenly, his eyes darkened, and I felt his hands travel south until they rested snugly on my ass.  I swallowed, knowing that the looming feeling in my stomach was definitely excitement.  I wasn’t sure if all these emotions were coming off the day dreaming I was having, going down memory lane and remembering the best day of my life when I married Rome Madden, or just Rome himself, looking so playful and seductive, which was never something I could never resist very well.

“The kids are finally away, and we have the house all to ourselves, baby,” Rome whispered, his hands slowly travelling back up my sides.  My head started to swim and goosebumps covered me from head to toe.  When he did things like that to me, it was hard for any coherent thoughts to form.   “Please, Mrs. Madden.  You’ve been too much mother lately, and not enough wife.”  I grinned when I heard the husky gruff tone in his voice, knowing he was on the verge of begging.  Little did he know, he hardly needed to beg.  Rome had me wrapped around his finger.  He had his entire life.

“When are Ryder and Lilly coming home?” I asked softly, running my fingers through my husband’s hair, and shifting slowly in my position on Rome’s lap, causing him to close his eyes briefly and exhale sharply.

“Ryder is staying at the mini football team sleepover and Maggie has Lilly for the night,” He answered with an edge in his voice that made me squirm.  Rome like this was… exhilarating.  Talking of my children always made me happy—they were my life, and my beautiful son and daughter.  Ryder was five—almost six—and Lilly was three.  They were precious children, and although Ryder had a spirit in him like his father, I wouldn’t have them any other way.  However, thinking about my children with Rome under me all hot and bothered like he was, wasn’t exactly on my agenda.

“Well then, Mr. Madden…,” I mused, moving slowly off of his lap.  His hands never left my waist, and in his eyes, the message was clear.  You’re not going anywhere.  “I’m kind of tired… I think I’ll head to bed soon,” I said innocently, putting a finger to my chin, as if in thought.

Rome growled—yes, growled—and stood from the couch.  In one movement, he had me cradled in his arms, and he was looking down at me, with that look in his eye.  I felt a fire grow in my chest and a pull in my lower stomach.

“Oh no, dear.  If you think you’re getting away that easily…,” He whispered, a fire burning intensely in his eyes.  I smirked, placing my hands on his face to pull him down so our lips would meet.  We kissed feverishly for a few moments, and then I felt Rome begin to move towards the stairs.  With ease, he climbed them, and I wrapped my arms around his neck, trying to get closer to the man I loved.  I could never get close enough to him.  I could never get enough of him, not even after seven years of marriage and two children.

Outside our bedroom door, Rome paused, pulling away for few moments to stare at me.

“You’re so beautiful, Jules,” He whispered, looking sad for a moment.  Concern filled my heart, and I shook my head in confusion.  “I love you so much.”  Rome dipped his head back down to kiss me, relieving any worries I had left.  He then moved us both into our bedroom, locking the door behind him.

“Mommy!”

I stirred from my slumber, rolling over face-first into my pillow.  I moaned, not quite ready to face the day.  Hearing more yelling from downstairs, I rolled my head over to look for my husband, to find that he was no longer in bed.

“Mommy!” I heard again, and a smile pulled up my lips.  I rolled over to check the time, finding it to be 9:30.  Sitting up in bed, I started to rub sleep out of my eyes, and moments later, I heard little feet running up the stairs.  My smile widened, and continued to do so up until the door to my bedroom burst open, and a grinning boy was revealed.  “Mommy I missed you!” Ryder yelled, sprinting forward and jumping on my bed.  I laughed and sat up, knowing there was no way I’d be getting any more sleep.

“How was your sleepover?” I asked him, cradling him in my arms as he crawled onto my lap.  Ryder grinned, his dark chocolate eyes that were replicas of his father’s sparkling with excitement. 

“Mommy, it was so cool.  We made smores and played football and watched movies.  I had so much fun!” Ryder said, pumping his fist into the air.  Emotions swam through me as I realized my son had just had his first sleepover.  He was growing up too fast.  I remember when Rome and I had first found out that I was pregnant with Ryder.  We’d been at work, and I was sitting in his office on his desk, distracting him as usual, and out of nowhere I threw up all over him.  I was twenty at the time, married for two years and happily so, and for some reason I just knew.  I knew I was pregnant.  Rome had cried at the doctor’s office after we saw the sonogram, and it was one of the most precious moments of my life. Well, that and holding Ryder for the first time.  Especially after the horrible, traumatic, definitely not pleasant or beautiful in any way event that some called childbirth.

“Where’s sissy?” Ryder’s voice brought me from memory lane, and I brushed off any sadness.  My life was essentially perfect.  And it would only continue to get better and better, I was sure.

“She’s with your Aunt Maggie.  She’ll be home around noon,” I replied, stroking the soft brown hair on Ryder’s head.  “You know who is here, though?”  Confused, Ryder turned his perplexed face up to look at me, and I couldn’t hold back my grin.  “The tickle monster!” I said, beginning to tickle his sides.

“No! Mommy, stoooooop!” Ryder begged, his laughter filling the room around me.  There was something magical about a child’s giggles, and even more so if that child was your own.  The warmth and contentment it brought was something so powerful that could bring you out of the worst mood of your entire life.

“Do I hear the tickle monster?” Rome suddenly appeared in the doorway, which made me pause in my tickling for a second to smile at my gorgeous husband.

“Daddy!  Daddy, help me!  Get Mommy!  Get her!” He screamed, laughing all the way.  Rome came at me, and in a moment, he and Ryder were on top of me, tickling my sides and making me squeal in absolute tortured delight.

“No! Revenge hurts so bad!” I moaned, watching as my son and husband laughed with me.  The tickling torture went on for a few more minutes, and soon we were all laying side by side, breathing heavily for air.  I looked over to my left at Rome, who looked over at me simultaneously.  Together, we glanced down at our beaming son laying between us.

“Well, it’s safe to say we defeated the tickle monster…”

I watched the steam rise from the grill and sizzle dangerously under the spatula.  The evening summer air was warm and accompanied by a comfortingly cool breeze, and I moved over to the railing of the deck to stare off into the yard as Rome slaved over the grill, making dinner for us all.  Playing around in the grassy expanse, Ryder was giggling and laughing as he passed the football to Robert, who was looking better by the day as he slowly changed his lifestyle into that of a healthier one.  Maggie was relaxing in a nearby lawn chair, watching the pair with a delighted smile on her face.  Everyone around Ryder tended to smile, I’d noticed.

Exhaling heavily, I felt Rome’s arm wrap around me from behind and tuck me gently into his chest.  Resting his hands over mine on the railing and entwining his fingers in mine, I felt his chin rest softly on my shoulder.

“We have quite the life, don’t we, milady?” Rome whispered, his breath tickling the skin of my cheek.  I giggled, leaning further into him and relishing in the warmth of his embrace.

“Indeed we do, kind sir,” I responded, a smile crinkling the corners of my eyes.  In the next moment Rome was turning me in his arms and capturing my lips with his own, sending my heart racing.  Even with our company and children around, I felt no embarrassment to be kissing Rome in front of them all.  It was actually shocking how easily I’d gotten over public displays of affection.

What eventually broke us apart was the sound of a child crying, and immediately our heads swiveled in that direction.  Lilly sat in the lap of her grandmother, reaching out with her tiny hands towards me, eyes welled and shiny with unshed tears.  Rome allowed me to untangle myself from him and make my way over to my daughter.

“Mommy!” She wailed, reaching up to me when I was near.  I scooped her up onto my hip and began to wipe her tears away.  “Grandma say she and Grampy go home soon!” Lilly cried, peeking around at her grandmother, bringing a fresh round of tears to her bright blue eyes.  I brushed her long brown hair away from her face, cooing her until she’d finally settled on little sniffles.

“She just can’t bear to see you go,” I joked to Mrs. Madden, who was watching with a wistful smile on her face.  She sat in a chair, hands placed delicately in her lap, and she was still one of the most stunning women I’d ever seen in my life.  Her husband sat close beside her, watching the scene with his own adoring smile on his face.  Lilly loved her grandparents, and both of them took great satisfaction in that love.  Anyone who set eyes on Lilly immediately fell for her angelic features and sweet, sweet smile. 

“Aw, sweetheart.  We’ll be back tomorrow, bright and early.  I promise,” Mrs. Madden cooed, her voice turning serious.  Lilly lifted her head from my shoulder, her cheeks still damp and rosy.  She sniffed one last time and blinked her doe eyes, extending her tiny pinky out towards her grandmother.

“Pinky promise?”

The smile on Mrs. Madden’s face was filled with so much happiness; one would never guess that she’d been released from a mental hospital only mere years ago.  She’d definitely benefited from her stay, however, and came out a brand new woman.  She was once again loving and caring, and was exactly what I would want to aspire to be when I was a grandmother.  All of the previous disputes we’d had were erased, and no one was harboring any secrets feelings of hatred.  We were one happy family, and we couldn’t have been more content.

“Pinky promise,” Mrs. Madden swore as she locked her pinky with Lilly’s, tears brightening up her eyes.  I couldn’t blame her; she’d come so far, and now she had two beautiful grandchildren, and everything was as it should be.  Hell, I could feel my own tears forming.

Lilly let out an excited giggled and wriggled for me to put her down.  I did as she wanted, and there she was, wobbling across the deck to go sit in Mr. Madden’s lap.  He plucked Lilly up easily and began bouncing her on his knee, making pony noises.  Lilly clapped her hands in endless delight, laughter filling the night air around us.

“Dinner’s almost ready!” Rome announced, and I turned, seeing that he had resumed his grilling.  I skipped over to my husband, hugging him from the back with a tight squeeze.

“Have I told you that you look stunning tonight, love?” I asked, cheek pressed against Rome’s muscled back.  His back vibrate as he laughed, and after a few moments of moving the meat off of the grill, he twisted quickly and picked me up.  I squealed in surprise. “Put me down, you evil beast!” I exclaimed, and I heard Lilly laugh in amusement and clap excitedly from the other side of the deck.

“Daddy, quit flirting with Mommy!” Ryder called, bounding up the porch stairs, Robert tailing behind him.  “It’s gross.”  Ryder stuck his tongue out in a disgusting expression, and I could only laugh.

“But I love him,” I reasoned, and Ryder made barfing sounds.  “One day, you’ll love a girl and you’ll understand.”

“Nuh uh!  I will never ever ever love a girl!  Ew!” Ryder ran to Maggie, hugging her leg desperately as she made it onto the deck.  “Tell her auntie.  Tell her that girls are gross!”  Maggie threw her head up to the sky and gave a hearty laugh, and not soon after the rest of the adults joined her.  I made my way over to my son, peeling him away from Maggie’s leg and picking him up to rest on my hip.

“You’d be surprised some day, little one,” I said, rubbing my nose playfully against his.  Despite his previous indignant disposition, he laughed.  “A while ago I swore to myself that I would never love your daddy.”  Ryder’s face transformed into that of shock as a gasp escaped from his mouth.

“Really?”

“Yes, really,” I assured him, sneaking a glance at Rome.  He winked at me, and I could only smile.  “Love isn’t something you choose.  It just happens, whether you want it to or not.”  Ryder began to pout now, and I laughed.  “So get ready for the love monster to attack you when you least expect it!” I exclaimed, and Ryder screamed in terrified delight.  I put him down so he could run around and protest that no love monster would be getting him anytime soon.

Going back to my husband and retreating into the embrace of his open arms, I breathed in deeply, surrounding myself with everything that was Rome.  Everything that I loved.  I felt him kiss the top of my head and I closed my eyes, thanking the heavens that I had Rome. 

“I love you so much, Jules,” Rome whispered, and I nodded my head, surprised at the tickling sensation in my nose that typically preceded tears.  There wasn’t a doubt that they were tears of joy.

“I love you, Rome.”

After we all were seated and eating our dinner, all I could manage to do was smile.  Laughter was being exchanged all around, the happiness practically tangible in the air.  I couldn’t believe what finally accepting love had done to me and for me.  Here I was, happily in love and married, two beautiful children, surround by people I loved and who loved me.  Love was indeed a beautiful thing.  And it had given me a story of pure happiness and bliss that I would forever have and cherish until my final days on the Earth.

For there was never a story with more love shown, than this of Julie and her Rome.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 59 22
What happens when a bad boy meets a bad girl ? Forget about all the innocent girls that fall for bad boys. In this one, bad boy faces bad girl. But...
676K 11.2K 86
[COMPLETE. EDITED] When he meets her his world feels complete. When she meets him she feels as if she is safe and protected. She is scared that he w...
17.6K 454 43
"give me a reason why I should stay Luke?" "Because I love you Molina" _________________________ Two teenagers, both fucking life. What happens when...
759 49 25
"They loved each other. They were willing to risk it all after a day. They knew they found the one. Romeo and Juliet were soulmates." "Sorry, James b...