Queen Of Squad

By LauraGloria29

Bethany Anderson is your typical curious naughty girl but a badass girl. Together with her friends, they are... More

Prologue
Character Introduction
High School
Holy Crap, who is he?
Justice Brown
An Affair
Poor Kimberly
A Day With Justice
A Lovely Night
Christmas Is Coming
The Worst Christmas Eve

New Year's Kiss

82 16 28
By LauraGloria29

Bethany's POV

December is almost done along with Christmas, the cookies, snow, and everything about it. Two more days until a new year comes. My mom said that I can spend time with my friends to celebrate. I've been looking for a good place to visit on New Year's Eve. Actually, we wanted to go to Chicago, but it's too far from our houses. I talked with the girls yesterday, and we decided to go to New Orleans.

Tomorrow, we will meet at the airport and fly to New Orleans. Chloe was so excited when we talked about it, she said it’s her first time going there. I've visited there thrice. My dad would usually rent an apartment cause sometimes he works there. Our plan is to go to the Mississippi River while watching fireworks on New Year's Eve. Oh God, I can't wait for it!

It's already 11:14 pm and I've prepared all the things that I will bring. We will go in the morning, so I think I have to sleep now. The stars are shining, they wait for me to lay in the bed and sleep. I turn on airplane mode and get under the covers. Good night, world!

***

I woke up from my ned to alarm ringing loudly. To be honest, I'm kind of too lazy to wake up, but I've been waiting for this day since hours ago. I got a group message from the girls, they are all preparing themselves. I finally go to the bathroom and take a shower. I always sing when I'm taking a shower. I'm not the only one who does that, right?

After that, I put on my casual outfit and makeup so I don't look dead. Then I go downstairs to have breakfast, my mom made me blueberry pancakes. I quickly finish my breakfast and go back to my room. I comb my hair and wear my small backpack with only a few things in it.

My dad helps me to bring my suitcase, and he's gonna drive me to the airport. After everything's done, I come to my Mom and Lily to say goodbye.

"Bye, Bethany! Have fun with your friends! I'm going to miss you, " Mom hugged me so tight and then kissed my cheeks.

"Bye, Mom. I'm gonna miss you too, " I smiled at Mom, my tears almost fall. I'm not a spoiled brat but I love mom so much. I kissed Lily's cheeks too and she said she's gonna call me every day. I get into the car and wave my hand at mom and Lily. This is gonna be my first new year's celebration without them.

Finally, I arrived at the airport, I bring my suitcase and say goodbye to my dad. I get into the airport and I am looking for the girls. It doesn't need a long time to find Mia, Chloe, and Hazel, they're all sitting on the chair.

I come to them and greet them "Hello, everyone!"

"Hey, Bethany! Thought you'd be late, " said Chloe when she saw me here.

"No, I wouldn't," I replied to her, I put my suitcase on the floor and sit beside Mia.

We're talking about our Christmas holiday while waiting for the plane. Then we see Becca with her suitcase, she comes and hugs us four. Now it's already 7:00 AM and we're gonna fly to New Orleans. We get into the airplane and sit. I'm sitting with Becca and Hazel while Chloe is sitting with Mia and a stranger. See you, New Orleans!

***

I can't believe we're here together! This is so exciting and I'm so ready to celebrate this new year with my friends. We stay at the hotel and get some rest for a while. Becca is busy with her phone, Mia is reading her book again, Chloe is sleeping, Hazel put our clothes in the closet, and I'm making a cup of tea for me.

Next, Mia asks us to get food, I want to eat steak but the others want to eat Pizza, but it's okay, pizza is good, though. So we order an Uber and go to Pizza Hut. There's a bunch of people here, some of them might be here just to celebrate the new year, just like us. I can feel how happy I am, I know there's a lot of problems that would happen to me in the future. With my friends, my life gets better.

We arrived at the Pizza Hut and ordered. We’re sitting down and I check my phone. I can see Mia laughs a little at me, what happened with this girl? I guess she’s hiding something from me.

"Hey Mia, why are you laughing at me?" I asked her, I put my phone on the table and stare at her.

"What? No, I'm not laughing at you, " Mia answered me and laughed again. This girl is lying, I swear.

"You laughed, Mia. Don't lie to me, what happened?" Now I'm getting confused, is there something wrong with me?

"Ugh, whatever, Beth." Mia rolled her eyes and checked her phone, trying to end this conversation. Okay, this not a big deal. I'll find out why Mia was laughing at me.

Then our Pizza is coming, we're eating it with a face full of joy. We talk casually and finally, we finish the pizza. After eating we will go to some places here, we will go shopping, get some food again, or maybe just have time together.

The best things that I've got from this friendship are happiness, laughs, memories, a new life, and there's more. They make me feel special, they treat me like I'm a queen but I always said to them that I'm not a queen for them. We five are same and we're all special. I don't care if people would hate us maybe in school, public, social media, I'm sure we're better than them.

Time flies so fast, the sky is getting dark and this year is gonna end in a few hours. We're back to the hotel and prepare ourselves to celebrate the new year's eve. From the hotel, I can hear fireworks out there, not many fireworks actually.

"Guys, have you seen my shampoo?" Becca comes out of the bathroom with a towel covering her body.

"No, I haven't. There's a lot of shampoo in the bathroom, Becca. Why don't you use one of them?" Hazel said typing on her laptop and looking back at Becca.

"My hair will get worse if I don't use my shampoo, ugh, " said Becca and walks to the bathroom again.

We're all ready, except Becca. Becca is still putting on makeup while we are waiting for her. I decided to call Justice cause it’s a bit boring here. Justice said to me a week ago that he will celebrate the new year out of town, I don't know what it is exactly, but he'll have fun there.

Me: Hey, Justice! How are you?
Justice: Hi, Bethany! I'm good, how are you?
Me: Excellent. Where are you now? You out of town, right?
Justice: Yeah, I'm out of town. It's a surprise, by the way, you'll know where I am now.
Me: Okay, I kinda hate a surprise, actually.
Justice: But I like it, Beth.
Me: Whatever. Justice, I'll go now, I will talk to you later. Bye!
Justice: Okay, Bethany. Happy New Year!
Bethany: This isn't a new year yet.

I hung up the phone and see Becca finished her makeup, it means we're ready to go. I wear my small backpack and grab my phone. I spray perfume to my body and comb my hair a bit. Now, it's time to go.

We order an Uber again to go to the Mississippi River. The view in New Orleans is so pretty, there's a lot of kids eating their candies, they look so happy and enjoy this new year's eve. The girls and I are talking in the car, I told them about Penelope, and they laughed, Mia said that we can fight Penelope easily. That stupid little bitch.

Finally, we arrived at the Mississippi River and waiting for a new year. We take a lot of photos and eat some snacks that we bought from the market. We make a video too but it's not a vlog, just 60 seconds video for uploading it on Instagram.

"My face looks good in that video!" Chloe screamed at us when she saw the video.

"I'm so beautiful here, look at my beautiful hair!" Becca paused the video and gazing at her face.

"Okay, so we're all beautiful here," Hazel said to us when the video is finished.

I nod and open Instagram to post that video. I know our friendship is not perfect but our friendship is endless. How am I so lucky to get them? We have so many memories and I couldn't count them. Maybe some people would say that our friendship will end when we go to college but just like what I've said, our friendship is endless.

I look at my phone and it's 11:31 PM, we will get a new year in 29 minutes again. Mia grabs my hand cause she wants me to get closer with the girls, I was like three footsteps away from them. We're so grateful for this moment. Many people wanna celebrate this new year like this but some of them are sick, don't have much money, or they have a problem. Thank you, God! I know I'm so lucky, I hope everyone will have fun tonight.

We're talking about Penelope right now. Hazel hates her so much after she knew that Penelope doesn't like me. We make some plans for her, they're not evil plans but they're brilliant plans. Trust me, we make brilliant plans.

We're still talking about Penelope and Cloe is standing, saying "Guys, five minutes again!"

"Damn! Time's going so fast, " Mia looked at her phone, showing the time now.

"Okay, forget about that stupid little bitch, " I said to them and stand to wait for the fireworks.

Oh my goodness! In five minutes we're going to have a new year. We count down the time now, this is one of my favorite parts in new year's eve, honestly. There's a guy behind us and he wants to take a picture of us, he says that we have a good friendship, that's so amazing! I'm so happy that there's a person on this earth who like our friendship.

3 seconds, 2 seconds, 1 second

It's a new year!

There's a lot of fireworks and they're truly beautiful. The girls and I are hugging each other, we're so happy and enjoy this. People in here are enjoying it too, smiles shine on their faces, they look so happy and it makes me emotional, seriously.

"Becca, thank you for being my best friend, we've been through many things together. Especially last year, you mean so much to me." I hugged Becca and kissed her cheek, my tears are falling. I love the girls so much, but Becca has been my best friend since we were young.

"Bethany, thanks for everything too, I love you as a best friend. I don't know what my life would be like if you weren't here. Beth, you make me cry!" Becca wiped her tears, she hugged me so tight, I couldn't even breath.

"Mia, Chloe, and Hazel, you are all the best people I've ever met! Even though we've known each other since high school, you are all like my family. Thank you for last year, it was the best year because of Y'all. I know, there were so many problems last year, but you guys helped me. Thank you so much. " I hugged them, they hugged me back. My life couldn't be better without them, why am I so lucky?

"Bethany!" Suddenly I heard a guy's voice from the back, that was so loud. Yes, he called my name. I let go my arms from the girls and look back, trying to find that guy.

I look back and I can't believe that it was him who called my name. Am I dreaming? I see his beautiful smile in front of me right now. He's so handsome and his smile makes me melt. Right, he's Justice, Justice Brown.

"Justice? Is that really you?" I cannot believe the fact that he's here.

"Yes. It's me."

Justice runs to me, my mind still can't believe this bloody thing. Justice hugs me and hugs him back, like, what the hell, dude? His body is so warm and comfortable, I'm not ready for him to let his arms off of my body. But, it would be so awkward if he hugs me too long. Oh God! I forgot my friends are still here, I'm sure they saw me and Justice together.

"Bethany! I'm glad you're here" Justice let go his arms from me.

"Yeah, what are you doing here? I mean, your appearance surprised me a lot." I asked him, I look back to the girls and now they're laughing at me. Damn! They caught me.

"I'm here with my family. I celebrate the new year too, just like you, " Justice smirked at me.

"Wow, that cool! So it's the surprise isn't it?" I asked him, I remember when I was calling him a few hours ago, he didn't wanna tell me where he was. And now I knew the truth. He's in New Orleans and now he's standing in front of me.

"Yes, it is. You like it?"

"Well, kinda. Okay, I like it." I smiled at him, I don't want him to be disappointed.

He's staring at my eyes and smile "Bethany, your eyes are brown but they're so beautiful. You're so beautiful."

I'm having a heart attack right now. Did he just say that I'm beautiful? Oh my God, my heart can't stop beating. I have so many feelings in my brain right now, maybe I look beautiful because I'm wearing makeup cause my real face does not look as good.

"Hey, you didn't answer me, Beth. I said you are so beautiful, " Justice is getting closer to me, my heartbeat is going faster than before.

"Um-um yeah, thank you very much. You look handsome too, though, " I said nervously. Why my mouth cannot act normal? Damn it!

"Really? But Bethany, you're so beautiful." Once again, he said that I am beautiful.

He gets closer to me and his eyes couldn't stop looking at my eyes. Now his lips are so close to mine, I know what's gonna happen next. I'm not ready but I want to. I close my eyes, I'm ready to feel it even though I'm not very sure if he's gonna kiss me now. Now his hand touches my cheek, I can smell his body, he smells so good.

Finally, he reaches my lips. He kisses me softly then I kiss him back. Everything seems so quiet, nobody can bother us. He still kisses me, under the stars, on new year's day, at the Mississippi River, and of course, people see us kissing right now. This is what I want and I got it from Justice Brown. He kisses me gently and full of love. Love? Am I in love with him?

I think it’s enough, I don't want my friends to scream at me, it would be embarrassing. "Justice, my friends are here and I don't want them to call me loud because of this.

"Yeah, you're right." He whispered.

I smile at him and he smiles at me too. That was my first kiss and I liked it so much. I'm so lucky to get my first kiss with Justice cause Justice is such a good and handsome guy.

"Bethany!" I heard Mia's voice from the back. I look back and see my friends run towards to me, they definitely saw me making out.

"Hey, Mia! What's up?" Justice asked his cousin. Yes, Mia.

"Oh shut up, Justice! You guys were making out, right? I didn't know you were a good kisser, bro." Mia patted Justice's shoulder, they’re so close to each other.

"Yes, we were. You're right Mia, Justice is a good kisser, " I laughed and suddenly Justice hugged me.

"Yes, I am. You all, Bethany now is my girlfriend. My beautiful girlfriend."

What the hell he did just say! I am his girlfriend? Oh my goodness!

"Wait, what?" I furrowed.

"Bethany, do you want to be my girlfriend?" He knelt to the ground and he's waiting for my answer.

The girls are smiling, laughing a bit, and nodding at me, means they agree for me to have a relationship with Justice. I have a thought that Mia already knew about this, she was laughing at me when we were at the Pizza Hut, I guess that was about this.

I look down at Justice and give him my biggest smile "Yes. I want it!"

He smiles with happiness and kisses me again. This kiss is better than the first one, I mean this kiss is full of love because we're now a couple. The fireworks still burning in the sky while we're kissing each other's lips. I hope I'll be happy like this forever, but I know I can't be happy forever because that's life, everyone knows it.

***

Hello everyone! Thank you for reading this. And happy new year! I'm sorry for not updating this chapter on new year's day, but I hope you'll like it. Don't forget to vote and comment, bye ❤
Ps: I'm not good at making a kissing scene. So, I'm sorry.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.4K 999 37
You know bad girls in every story. Well this is my story. Let introduce myself. I'm Bethany and this is my bad girl/romance story
36.3K 4.5K 59
Previously known as 'Hope'. Completed √ "Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all the darkness" Everyone has a story. Some choose to...
577K 14.5K 41
(I WROTE THIS AT 14 YEARS OLD, IT'S BEEN TWO YEARS SO DON'T ATTACK ME Y'ALL FOR HOW BAD IT IS IDEK WHY IT HAS READS BUT LMFAO) "Because Heaven," he s...
449 89 44
When your Mom is a prostitute and a frequent drug user, and you have to lock the door at night scared that the men she brings home will come for you...