The last of the elves

By Crenin

Ken Hyoudou was a quiet kid. Just a year younger than his brother, he just wanted to blend in. His high schoo... More

Bio
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13

Prologue

8.6K 99 125
By Crenin

*3rd pov*

 "Look it's him, disgusting."

 "He must be just like his brother."

 "Not even his parents like him!"

 " Why can't he take a hint and drop out? We don't want him here!"

These were common phrases directed at Ken. He had hoped that when he went to high school that the rumors would stop but they only got worse. Thanks to his brother and his "dream" he was never liked. Even the teachers wrote him off as a pervert. Some pricks even called the police over the rumors alone. Hell the police chief himself knows him by name at this point. 

Ken never asked for this. He used to protest his innocence but it never worked. After a few years he just gave up and became a loner. He got into fights constantly and again the police would be called only for them to see the camera footage and AGAIN let him go... 

If the rumors weren't bad enough, he didn't even look Japanese. He had a foreigner look to him and with his pointed ears, he never fit in anywhere.

The day started off normally enough. Ken and Issei got ready for school and issei promptly ditched Ken to talk porn with his 2 friends. 

Ken didn't care about issei's perversion. He might have if the entire student body wasn't full of assholes but they were. In fact the number of people Ken did give a damn about could be counted on his hands. The only one in this school was the mascot. You see, everyone has a high school crush and the little white haired girl, named koneko, was his. She didn't treat him bad, mostly due to never really seeing him do anything. 

Dispite hoping for a quiet day, it seems that there was going to be a PE event to show off the skills of the kendo team. In other words it's a chance for everyone to be beaten with sticks as a character building exercise. 

*Ken pov*

I changed into my PE uniform and got ready to be shown up by a bunch of bitches that blame me for their pervert problem. Why can't everyone leave me alone. I just know that after the perverted trio gets killed I'll be called next... That is if issei and his retards even show up...

Some jocks see me get ready and sneer at me. Don't they have better things to do? 

Jock 1: Can't wait to send you to the hospital knife ears.

Jock 2: Maybe after you die, you can see your parents in hell!

Oooh making fun of an orphan over his lack of parents. Original. Nevermind the fact that the only guy that won't be battered is the Prince of kuoh, Kiba Yuuto. The kendo team would never hurt their crush. That and he is good at the sport.

The class is walked outside and a circle is made around the field. The strange thing was it wasn't in the gym. The coach out us in the field that the track team usually uses and the entire student body was here. Something felt off. The air tingled my skin. It seemed to be coming in the direction of the coach. 

For some reason his eyes were glassy, as if he wasn't all there. Next to him was the idols of the school. The occult research club president Rias Gremory and the student council president Souna Shitori. Odd. Why were they there and not with the rest of us? 

Coach: All right this is going to be the kendo club's exhibition. They will call you out and have a friendly match with you. 

A pink haired girl, I think her name's katase, called out my brother. He started to sweat as they have history. She beats him the most when he peeks on the locker room. Well if he hasn't died yet, he probably won't now.

The resulting fight was pretty pathetic. As soon as it started the pinkette started to comically beat him black and blue. After a few minutes I started to question the point of it. Issei lost. Yet after 5 minutes no one called anything. I'm all for justice but it's getting extreme. 

Five more minutes of beatings later it hasn't stopped. All that's happening is the student body laughing at his pain!! The only ones not are the two Damn idols who are watching Issei intently. As if they expected something to happen.

This has gone on long enough! Issei is a jerk but even he doesn't deserve this! Its like watching a guy fed to lions and we all laugh as he is consumed!!

I got up and marched my way to the arena. Some idiots tried to stop me but I just pushed past them until I got to my brother. Katase stopped and just stared at me as I picked up issei's dropped sword. I then went to check on him. He was brushed pretty badly but he will most likely be ok. I waved his perverted friends over to take him to the infirmary. I wasn't going to explain to my adopted parents that I stood by and let this happen.

I'm the corner of my vision I saw a green blur. When I tried to focus on it it vanished but I know I saw it! That or I'm going crazy. I do speak to myself more then my own family...

Regardless, I had bigger problems. I just took a angry girl's prey away. She was out for blood and I just jumped in her way. She glared at me and the rest of the students started to tell insults like "dirty orphan" and "rotten foreigner" and shit like that. 

Coach: Well looks like we got a volunteer. 

After he said that, the pinkette charged. I wasn't even armored for fucks sake!! What the hell?! Was the coach mad?!!

Well if they aren't going to play by the rules then I'm sure as hell aren't! When when went for a overhead strike I did a short hop out of the way. She turned and swung horizontally and I backflipped just out of her reach. 

Letting my instincts take over this went on for awhile. She would strike and I would dodge with my greater agility. People were telling at me calling me a cheater for this but screw them! This angry bitch wants to kill me!! Fuck the rules!!!

Katase: Hold still!

She made a strong strike and i twisted to avoid it and I saw my opening. Holding the sword in one hand I struck her ribs. The entire student body gasped. 

Random idiot: How dare you hit a girl!!

Uhh really? They just watched a guy get brutally pummeled for ten minutes and have this girl attack me unarmored, which might be illegal, and the moment I hit back then they have a problem?! Well Fuck them, I believe in equality of the sexes. If this bitch wants to fight, then I will defend myself. 

I started to go for quick strikes whenever I saw her open. I was playing the long game. She is being hampered by the bulky armor and she will tire long before I do. 

Everyone was yelling at me at this point. Then I got a bad feeling and ducked. A large rock sailed over my head and hit katase in the head. It was thrown so hard that it knocked her out cold. The guy who threw it paled. The student council president called one of her subordinates to take him away and another to help the girl.

???: Well since Katase is injured how about I stand in for her.

The Prince himself walked towards me with his own sword. Great. Just when I thought it was over. If course this guy comes. Before he did Rias whispered something to him. He nodded and made his way towards me.

Kiba: Lets have a good match, hyoudou-san. 

Sigh there is no winning this for me is there? Either I get beaten or I beat the prince... Then he speed towards me much faster then I could react and hit the side of my head. What's with that?! Blood leaked and before I could get my bearings, he slammed the bamboo blade into my gut, knocking me over. Getting back up, I tried to avoid him but his strikes seem to quickly correct themselves! Is this guy even human?!!

???: Is this it? Going to go down to a mere devil? 

Ok now I'm heading voices... The blows to the head must be effecting me a little too much...

Then next to jobs there floated a spectral figure that looked a lot like me.

???: We all have to start somewhere but I think I'll help you. Take my hand going one.

Well if I'm to go crazy, I might as well do this. I grasped his hand. A bright light engulfed my arm and all of a sudden I had a shield on my left arm.

(I'm aware that this is dark link's shield but this one looks cooler. Sue me.)

Ok this is fucked up... Where the hell did this come from?! Everyone gasped and I started to feel renewed! I stood back up. I gestured for kiba to fight again. I wasn't going to back down. I had this! 

He just stood there staring at the shield. So I did what any self respecting guy would. I charged.

My senses were on overdrive. His swings that just a moment ago were too fast to see, were now manageable. My blood roared in my veins as if finally being let free for the first time. Blocking and dodging we were a blur to the others. Neither me not kiba gained an inch. 

The shield was real of that I am sure. It blocked his blows like they were nothing! I don't know what is happening to me but this is amazing!

Kiba went to end it with a strong overhead strike. With a cry he swung at me with all the strength he could muster. Rather than avoid it I dug in and swung my new shield at the oncoming blade and it shattered with a loud crack! Then before he could react I punished him with a rapid succession of strikes. Time even seemed to slow as I wailed on him. 

With a final blow I knocked him back into the rest of the students. The silence was deafening. My eyes widened when I realized what I have done. I just beat a guy near to death!! Oh shit I gotta get out of here!

Sprinting out of there I didn't stop until I got the town. Then the ghostly figure showed itself once more.

???: Well done. You adapted to the initial awakening quite well. 

This bitch... 

Ken: Who the hell are you, what did you do to me?!

I'm usually silent but this calls for some good old fashioned rage and panicking! This ghost comes out of nowhere and gives me a shield then I use it to beat the most popular guy in school in a fight in front of the entire student body! That shit doesn't just happen! 

???: I am Link and I am you ancestor. I protected the elves of Hyrule from evil long ago. You are the next in a long line of champions.

What the fuuuuuccckkk?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A/n A new story staring a confused reincarnated elf with his ancestor haunting him. Now either I go with canon and make him a devil under a female millicas or ravel. That or I say screw it and do my own thing. I'm not sure yet. Also about Ken and Link's personality... I just can't find one. unless I'm missing anything the only traits I can find on link are courageous sometimes to the point of recklessness and general heroicness ( that isn't a word is it?). There isn't much to go on so for the most part I'll use what little personality I can glean from the games I've played and fill in the rest on how I'd react. Most likely I'll be updating this on Mondays while my other story gets Fridays. Know that this isn't set in stone as I got to help  my father recover from his surgery but I'll do my very best. Thank you for giving this a read.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

574K 6.8K 71
Note: This is a (Girls from Highschool DxD x Reader) book/story. Description/small summery of the story. You are a normal 17 year old, 2nd year high...
601 3 15
> The story starts with the death of Hikaru Mikado. That guy was a natural charmer, a "harem king", but had no real male friends. After he died, he b...
2.2K 31 15
A reincarnate has fallen into the world of Highschool DxD, but something strange happened, while being a foreigner, Arthur was expecting harsh resist...
22.9K 997 16
TW!! Mentions of Suicide, Abuse, Panic Attacks, Death, R@p3 (IF I MISSED ANY WARNINGS PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE) Yamaguchi hasn't felt loved since he...