PRETEND || JENO

By BaeTaeLay

this book is lowkey cliche im not that good at descriptions lmao this is about Jeno and Sky Sky likes Renjun ... More

crushing
this group of boys
there's this one boy
my mother
her name is lisa
a lot of girls think the same
0:1
0:2
0:3
0:4
0:5
0:6
0:7
0:8
0:9
1:0
1.2
1.3
1:4
1:5
1:6
1:7
1:8
1:9
2:0
what if...

1:1

3.6K 159 53
By BaeTaeLay

:sky:

"So," Asialyn slides her elbow on the desk and faces me with a smirk.

I keep my eyes on my laptop, trying my hardest to not break into a blushing mess.

I already know what she's about to ask.

"When did you and Jeno get together?" She nudges my shoulder. "I'm not going to lie...I totally would not have guessed you and Jeno."

I shrug. "We just...hit it off, I guess."

"Girl, tell me what happened! Like, how did it happen?"

"Uh..."

"Tell me, Sky! Tell me! Tell me! Please, I wanna know!"

Wait.

This could be my chance.

This is where I have to talk up Jeno.

I have to make my pretend boyfriend look like the perfect boyfriend to make his actual crush want to breakup with her actual boyfriend and get with my pretend boyfriend.

Don't screw up, Sky.

"Jeno is the-the funnest person ever. H-He's also very sweet, very caring, and very..." I blank. "Very, uh..."

"He's super hot." She giggles. "You know that already, though."

I nod. "Yes...h-hot."

"From what I have seen, you two fit well with each other. You guys definitely got the looks to be together."

....good.

<•>

"And what did your mother say when you walked out the door looking like that?" Lisa motions towards the dress.

"She wasn't in the house when I put this on. She went to work early." I close my locker and swung my backpack around my shoulder.

"It's really weird to see you wearing this....but it's even weirder seeing you and Jeno together."

I just nod.

"So, how's the plan going? Any progress? Any problems? Because I know there are problems. A plan like that is definitely going to be problematic."

"I don't know...I don't see any progress. Renjun seems scared of me." I lean against the lockers with a pout. "You should've seen his face when he saw me this morning. And with Asialyn, she's only interested in Jeno AND me. Not just Jeno. If that makes sense..."

"Hm."

"The only progress I notice is...how I feel around Jeno-"

"What?!"

Lisa stops me and pushes me against the lockers. She traps me there with her hands on either side of my head.

"What are you doing, Lisa?!"

"Don't tell me..." She hisses. "You fell for Jeno."

My jaw drops.

Lisa spins around and leans against the lockers next to me. She looks up and starts to whine.

"I knew this plan was stupid from the start! I knew something was going to happen! This is what always happens! Why am I not surprised?!" She rambles with a devastated look at her face.

"Lisa, first of all, stop being so loud and dramatic. Second of all, I did NOT fall for Jeno."

Students passing by were beginning to stare and their nosiness was risky.

I grab Lisa's arm. "Let's talk somewhere else."

<•>

"Ok, so this is a library. You can't yell in a library." I whisper to my friend, who was still being a dramatic little pain in the head.

"If you didn't fall for him, then what do you mean by what you said?"

"I just don't feel so weird around him anymore. Maybe a little weird, but I'm always weird. I used to be so intimidated by him, but as I spend more time with him, he's not that scary. He's actually really nice."

Lisa huffs. "Nice?"

I nod. "Yeah, right?"

"Either way, this plan is not working and you know that."

"I know..."

"Asialyn is dating a college dude. COLLEGE dude. And Jeno thinks she'll go for him? Hello! Jeno is in a relationship already." She crosses her arms. "Hate to break it to you, but I don't think Asialyn is a b**ch enough to go after a high schooler who's already dating one of her friends."

I cross my arms too, sighing. "Jeno just thinks highly of himself, I guess. He seemed so sure Asialyn was flirting with him and everything."

"Sky, dear," Lisa places a hand on my shoulder. "You need have a talk with your boyfriend."

<•>

The last school bell for the day rings and students begin piling out of classrooms. The hallways were soon packed.

I manage to escape the school without getting trampled by people and easily find Jeno, Donghyuck, and Jaemin walking ahead with their backs to me.

I run over to them and tapped Jeno on his shoulder.

"Hey, guys." I greet quickly. "Jaemin, Donghyuck, Jeno. Hi."

"Hey, Sky." Donghyuck smiles.

"We're talking about going to the arcade. Wanna come?" Jaemin asks.

"I need to talk to Jeno. Is that alright?" I look up at Jeno, my hand still on his shoulder.

He tilts his head. "What's wrong?"

"Let's go somewhere else."

<•>

We part ways with his friends and walked together towards the direction of my house.

It feels weird walking with someone, especially Jeno, to my house.

One, I don't like people knowing where I live. Two, I don't want anyone seeing my mom. Three, I don't walk with anyone other than Lisa.

Four, it's Jeno.

But, he already knows where I live and I need to talk to him, so I guess we're going to my house.

I need to change out of these clothes as quickly as possible anyway. If my mom sees me in this...I'll be sent to outer space....with no helmet.

"What's with you?" Jeno breaks the silence I didn't even realize was surrounding us. "You look stressed."

I gripp my backpack straps. "Oh, I'm not...stressed."

"Is it another book? A class? Homework? Teachers? Did you get your first A minus?" Jeno teases with a slight laugh. "I never understand you nerds."

"Jeno, I don't think we should continue doing this thing."

"What thing?" He continues looking ahead, still chuckling, unaware of what I meant.

"The pretend dating thing, Jeno. It's not working and I actually think it's making everything worse."

He stops in his tracks, making me stop too. "What? Nothing's even happening yet."

"Exactly. Nothing is happening. Do you want to know why?"

He stuffs his hands in his pocket and shrugs. "Tell me."

"Asialyn.....isn't going to date you, Jeno."

His expression softens.

"She's dating some college dude already. I'm very sure she's not going to leave him anytime soon. I-I'm sorry, it's not working. If you want her, dating me isn't going to help." I fiddle my fingers around. "Besides, from the way she talks about you and me together...I don't think she's interested."

He looks to the ground, nodding his head.

"She says we look good together."

He looks back up with a slight smirk.

"I'm sorry, Jeno. But I don't think this is going to work out. A-And with Renjun...I don't think-"

"You still like Renjun?"

I blush. "I mean....nothing has happened to make me not like him anymore."

"I'll talk to him then." Jeno sighs and looks back at me.

"You will?"

"Yeah. Whatever. You tried to help me, so whatever."

I smile. "Really?"

"Asialyn wasn't really that cute anyway......" He scoffs and looks to the side. "Some college dude? Of course she would shoot for someone older. I'm not surprised. I don't care anymore."

"I'm sorry. If it makes you feel any better, she did say you were hot."

"Well, she's not wrong."

<•>

Jeno ended up taking me to get frozen yogurt before letting me go home. I thought he was sad because I just told him his crush doesn't like him, but...he doesn't seem that down.

We were a neighborhood away from mine and Jeno tells me to not go home yet. He wanted to get frozen yogurt before heading home himself and that I should join him.

He didn't want to go home.

I agreed.

I didn't want to go home either.

<•>

"I'll pay." Jeno whispers in my ear. "Go find a seat for us, alright?"

Despite the cold yogurt in my mouth, I started to turn hot with him so close to me.

I turn around and walked towards an empty table, trying to play cool about my hot cheeks.

Why is he still acting like this to me? Our deal is over. He can go back to being a high school "bad boy".

And if he whispers in my ear one more time, I think my ear will fall off.

Jeno sits down in front of me with the yogurt spoon in his mouth.

I sit awkwardly, wondering why he's even still with me after we "broke up".

"You're staring at me." He says with the spoon still in his mouth.

I slightly jump.

Crap, I was staring.

He takes the spoon out and points it at me. "Tell me what you're thinking about or I will take all your gummy bears."

"I...I'm just wondering why you're still interacting with me." I blurt out, immediately looking down at my frozen dessert.

"What do you mean? We're dating."

"But...we just broke up. While we were walking. Just now while we were walking."

He chuckles. "Sky, I'm sure you were just suggesting we break it off because of Asialyn."

I stare at him, utterly confused.

"I don't like her anymore. She's with a college dude and it's fine by me. But you," He points the spoon at my face again. "You are still obsessed with Renjun."

I purse my lips. "I wouldn't say obsessed."

"Well, you still like him, so our deal isn't over. I still have to get you with Renjun. I told you, I'll talk to him."

"Is dating the best idea? I mean, it didn't work with Asialyn. What if it doesn't work with Renjun?"

"Asialyn is LITERALLY so different from Renjun, you don't have to worry about that. Besides, he's one of my best friends, I know what I'm doing especially when it comes to him."

I rest my chin on my hand, gazing off into space as I fantasize about Renjun and how amazing it'd be if he confessed to me.

I think I'll faint.

Into his arms.

This is so scandalous!

AH! He seems so warm and cozy just to hug-

"Are you listening?"

"Huh?" I snap out of my thoughts and looked at Jeno, who was chewing on his spoon.

"I was saying, we should keep this dating thing going, continue to convince people that we're together and it's for real, and Renjun will definitely be head over heels for you."

I nod. "Is that for sure?"

"Yes, we're doing great being together. Just trust me, ok?"

Should I?

What could happen?

How could I lose?

His smile and eyes were so convincing, I felt my body leaning in because of the magnetizing effect it had on me.

"Ok." I set my spoon down. "Let's do it."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17K 400 22
Na Jaemin was just your average everyday college student with a part-time job as an intern at a big company who was known for his flirtatious persona...
79.7K 2.5K 71
โ ๐™„๐™› ๐™„ ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™จ๐™ฃ'๐™ฉ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ก๐™ข๐™–๐™ฉ๐™š, ๐™ฌ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ก๐™™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™๐™–๐™ซ๐™š ๐™ ๐™ž๐™ก๐™ก๐™š๐™™ ๐™ข๐™š? โž SOULMATE & MAFIA AU ! BOOK 2 in the RIDIN' SERIES
30.4K 679 23
I wrote this like a year ago so this is very VERY VERY CRINGE-- They saw an angel, and his name is Renjun. A book of short stories containing one-s...
89.7K 2.1K 45
in which, na jaemin- the schools heartthrob and the captain of the soccer team falls in love, and completely forgets about ayeong, his best friend. "...