Found. [J.H]

By Renee_Rose_

[Book I] Millie Carter is trying to not be a stereotypical foster kid. But it's hard when everyone she's fost... More

[Home]
[School and The Cullens]
[Animal Attacks?]
[Feild Trip and a Phone Call]
[La Push]
[Shopping]
[We Know]
[A Car Trip]
[Jaspers Past]
[Late Night Visit]
[Leaving]
[Baseball]
[Death Trap]
[I Love You]
[Prom]
Next Book!!!!

[Dinner with the Cullens]

4.9K 157 24
By Renee_Rose_

"Hand me the hose, Mills." Bella says as they wash her car together. Millie hands her the hose absentmindedly. She only has a couple of days left until someone comes and takes her away from her friend and her boyfriend. She'll probably be moved to a different state, with bad parents who won't let her visit Forks. Her mood grows sour as she continues to scrub at a singular spot on Bella's car. "Woah Millie, you're doing more damage than good right now."

Millie stops scrubbing the car, and notices she took off a little paint. "Shit. Sorry Bella." Bella shrugs and gives her a smile. They go back to cleaning. "I heard Charlie on the phone with Sarah last night." Millie gives Bella her full attention. "I tried to listen in but he was whispering. It sounded like they were getting paperwork for something?" Bella trails off.

Millie ponders this, but doesn't have time to think very hard as Edward appears on the roof of the car scaring Bella and making Millie take a step back straight into a hard chest. "Hello darlin'." Jaspers arms slink around her and she relaxes.

"Hey Jas." She smiles, kissing him on the cheek. "And hello Edward." He rolls his eyes at the couple.

"Hey Millie." He waves at her as he jumps off the car, fixing the dent in her car as he does. "You should come to my house tomorrow." He seems full of excitement and happiness.

"Your house? With your family?" Millie can see Bella's panic. "But what if they don't like me?"

"You're worried, not because you'll be in a houseful of vampires, but because you think they won't approve of you?" Edward asks, obviously he's found the one. He laughs at her

Millie and Jasper walk over and stand with them. "I'm glad I amuse you." Bella pouts. Millie laughs at her and pats her shoulder.

"They're really really nice Bells." Edward and Jasper both go ridged and freeze in their place. "What's wrong?" Millie asks.

"A complication." Jasper answers, giving Millie a peck on the cheek.

"I'll pick you up tomorrow." Edward says as the boys drive away. "You too Millie, Esme wants to see you again." Millie blushes. She's glad Esme likes her. They boys take off in Edwards car.

They slowly pass a black car as all the occupants eye each other off. The black car pulls up and out steps Jacob who sets up Billy's wheelchair. Bella forces a smile. "Come to visit your truck?" She asks Jacob.

"Looks good. Glad you got that sent out." Millie can see how lovesick he is around Bella. He smiles at Millie, at least acknowledging her presence.

"Actually, we came to visit your flat screen. First Mariners game of the season. Plus Jacob here kept bugging me to see you again." Billy gestures to his son who is looking like he wants the ground to swallow him up.

"Great. Thanks, dad." As Jacob glares at his dad, Charlie pulls up with beer.

"Pale ale." He holds up the six pack.

"Homemade fish fry." Billy holds up a brown paper bag.

As they head inside Millie can hear talk of the Waylon Forge case but she ignores it in favour of saying good bye to Bella. She waves to Bella as she walks back home.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

Millie walks down stairs to see Sarah still in her police uniform. She has paper scattered all over the table and looks half asleep. Millie leans on the counter, "Did you sleep at all?" She pours a cup of coffee for Sarah.

"Maybe for five minutes?" She states. Millie places the coffee next to her.

"What's keeping you up?" Millie takes a seat across from her and goes to looks at the papers but Sarah grabs them.

"No." She says weakly. "It's going to be a surprise."

Millie smiles, "okay." She laughs, backing off. "Well I'm going out for most of the day. Please try and get some sleep, mum."

Millie is halfway to Bella's house when she realises what she called Sarah. "Shit." She swears under her breath.

-/-/-/-/

Back at home Sarah, tears up, she blames the lack of sleep. She can't believe Millie actually called her, her mother. She calls Anne into the room and immediately the red head starts to cry with joy. Sarah and Anne work harder than ever on the paperwork.

-/-/-/-/

"Ready?" Bella asks as Millie gets to her house.

"I'm always ready." Millie jokes. "Are you ready?" Bella looks as if she's about to be sick. She shakes her head just as Edward drive up. "Too late, Bells." Millie pushes Bella into the car and gets in next to her.

"Hey Edward." Millie smiles. He smiles right back and begins driving. Millie only recently learnt of his mind reading powers and is finding it a little invasive.

"I don't mean to be, Millie." Edward explains, having read her mind. She raises an eye brow at him. "Okay, that was kind of weird of me. I'll just shut up now."

They arrive in no time. Edward opens Bella's door and Millie follows after. "Well hello, Millie." Jasper waits at the front door for them.

"Jas!" She kisses him quickly and grabs his hand as they enter the house. Bella is in awe of the house whilst Millie has already seen this.

"It's beautiful..." Bella tries to take everything in.

"What did you expect? Turrets, moats and coffins?" Edward asks, taking her coat.

"Not the moats." She mumbles absentmindedly still looking around. Edward laughs and takes her hand.

Jasper and Millie follow behind them. As they get closer to the kitchen Millie swears she can smell something cooking. Edward looks at Millie, "well you're right, Millie. I tried to tell them not to do this."

They enter into the kitchen and find it in full swing. Carlisle cuts up meat while Esme prepares the salad dressing. Emmett copies Carlisle and cuts up meat and veg. Rosealie is putting salad in bowls, looking disinterested. Esme looks up first and smiles wide, she radiates maternal warmth. "Millie! So glad to see you again." Millie waves, blushing a little. "Bella, we're making Italianio for you."

Edward gestures to Esme, "this is Esme, my mother for all intents and purposes."

"Bon giorno?" Bella breaks out her limited Italian knowledge.

"Molto bene!" Esme claps and goes back to cooking.

"You've given us an excuse to use the kitchen for the first time." Carlisle says smiling.

"Hope you're hungry." Esme smiles.

"Oh absolutely." Bella smiles.

"Same here." Millie agrees.

"She already ate." Edward interrupts. Millie glares at her along with Bella.

Before the girls can say anything Rosealie drops a bowl, smashing it. "Perfect." She walks out of the kitchen into the dining room. Bella follows behind frantically.

"It's just — I assumed because you don't eat, you know..." Bella looks so panicked. Millie pats her on the back.

"She was just being nice." Millie stands up for Bella.

"Of course, that was very considerate of you." Esme consoles the panicked Bella.

"Ignore Rosealie. I do." Edward glares, grabbing Bella's hand.

"Yes. Let's all just keep pretending this isn't dangerous for everyone." Rosealie remarks.

"I would never ever tell anyone." Bella swears.

"And you know I wouldn't either." Millie agrees. Jasper, snakes his arms around her waist and soothes her.

"She knows that." Carlisle reassures.

Emmett speaks up, "well the problem is you guys are all public now so..." he trails off

"Emmett." Esme warns.

"No she should know." Rosealie says. "The entire family will be implicated if this ends badly."

"... Badly?" Millie asks, moving closer to Jasper.

An uncomfortable silence hangs in the air. No one can look at the girls. "Oh. Badly. Like we become the meal." Bella guesses

Emmett chokes back laughter, Edward grins and wraps his arm around her shoulder. Even Esme has to giggle. Rosealie obviously exasperated storms back to the kitchen. Emmett shrugs and follows her.

"Hey Bella! Oh! And Millie!" The girls look to the balcony to where Alice is climbing off a branch and into the house. She bounds over, gives Bella a kiss on the cheek and grips Millie in a tight hug. "Oh you two do smell good." She smiles taking a step back from the girls.

"Alice." Edward seems embarrassed.

"It's okay, us three girls are going to be amazing friends."

Edward rolls his eyes and take Bella's hand. "I'll take you on a tour." Bella and Edward leave and go upstairs.

"Can I see your room, Jasper?" Millie asks, giving him puppy eyes. He laughs.

"Of course darlin', follow me." Millie gives a little wave to the Cullens before going upstairs with Jasper.

They walk down the hall until they stop at the final door. He opens it. The room is big but minimalistic. There is a balcony leading to the forest. In front of the balcony is a day bed covered in blankets and half read books. Book shelves line the walls along with diplomas and certificates. "I like it." Millie says, looking around. A dresser sits in the corner and atop is something familiar to Millie. "Is that one of my head bands?" She asks, picking it up.

Jasper gets sheepish. "Uh — well yes."

"How do you have one of my head bands, Jasper?" Millie stares him down.

"I may have snuck into your room on a whim." He begins. Millie holds back her giggles, she tries to pout at him. "As soon as I was in your room I felt wrong, especially considering you were trying to sleep. I went to leave but you got up without even noticing me and closed the window." Millie remembers that night. "Then I saw one of your head bands on the ground and figured that if I didn't see you again I'd at least have that one thing. So I grabbed it and left." Jasper looks very sheepish.

Millie laughs. "Jas, it's okay. A little creepy but as long as you don't do it again it'll be okay." Jasper relaxes.

"I swear I won't." He salutes her and grins mischievously. "Unless you want me in your room, ma'am."

Millie blushes. "Jas!" She yells flustered, she runs at him. Tackling him to the day bed. He cushions her fall and they both laugh loudly. "Here comes your punishment!" She grabs his face, smooshing his cheeks. She covers his face in small kisses. Making him laugh and squirm. "Take your punishment like a man!" She peppers his face in kisses. He soon over powers her. Picking her up and holding her above him.

"Got ya' now darlin'." He grins. They continue to play fight, with Jasper winning every time.

Downstairs Alice smiles, hearing Jasper have fun. "She's done what we've been trying to do for years." Carlisle comments smiling.

"He forgets about his fear around her." Esme adds. "He's found the one."

"How will this end in a good way though?" Carlisle worries.

Esme puts her arm around his waist, "he's chosen her, we have to support him no matter what."

Carlisle smiles at his wife. He hopes that one day Jasper will be as happy as they are. He hopes Jasper can start his own family one day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 49.6K 98
she had high hopes she would have a great ending to her life, but moving in with her dad and falling in love with a boy she shouldn...
170K 7.7K 35
.β€’A story in which a vampire and a hybrid find each other in a strange way, and end up being perfect for each other. When a human enters their family...
647K 15.3K 30
Y/N is just a small town girl who moved from Indiana to get a new chance on life. She moves to Forks, and catches the eye of Jasper Hale. There might...
404K 12.7K 64
What happens when a French high school student gets into some "mischief" with a couple of beautiful vampires? Tatum and Bailey Fernsby have just star...