Let's Make A Deal, My King

By YuuMA08

"You...? Cassius...?" I asked the ten-year-old kid who looked exactly like Cassius and he was crying. "Amelia... More

1: Betrayed
2: It's Time To Run Again
3: Caught
5: A Chance
6: Dinner With The Predators
7: A Dream Or A Nightmare?
8: Poisoned Letter
9: Black Magic
10: The Mark And A Date
11: A Great Training Experience
12: Caduta Del Fenice
13: Heads Or Tails
14: His Secret
15: Nothing Beats Procrastination On A Nice Weather.
16: L'angelo Fenice
17: When Something Annoying Comes Up, Another One Appears
18: Possession
19: Instincts Taking Over
20: Favorite Handsome Brother Meets Most Handsome Mate
Very Important Note
21: The Continuation Of The Book
22: An Attack
23: Rise From The Flames Of Thy Enemy
24: Revealing Secrets
25: Vision
26: A Half-blood's Side-Effects
27: Lazuline's Heir
28: Estra
29: Cupcakes And A Secret
30: Whereabouts and Weakness
31: Uninvited Guest
32: An Anticlimactic Experience
33: Every Second Counts
34: Meeting The First And The Second
35: The Deal
36: Little Carlyle
37: Another Date?
38: Date On Faerie Territory
39: Into The Faerie Kingdom

4: The King's Aethyraz

2.8K 109 4
By YuuMA08

Amelia

I stomped my foot like a kid who is on a tantrum. Every time I stop, the right pushes me to walk and every time I tried to escape, the left would block my way so I really don't have much of a choice other than to face my death. I couldn't even defend myself since the right took my knife. But it's weird though, I don't feel scared. Instead, I feel uneasy like there's something about to happen. Well, yeah I'm gonna die but there is something else. Well, I better just go with the flow and see for myself then.

'Amelia.' the voice in my head suddenly spoke.

'Rain, so you finally decided to talk to me after I arrived here?' I said to it.

Rain is not my wolf. If I cannot shift, it means I don't have a wolf. I also feel like it is not a wolf the moment it introduced itself to me since a normal werewolf begins to communicate when they turn ten and I begin to hear this voice the moment I was born. I knew since talking to it became natural to me as I grow. I can already understand it as easily as blinking my eyes. I told my mom about it but she told me it was natural since I was born special.

I don't know if this voice is from a female or male. It changes every time it spoke to me. Sometimes, it spoke in a very feminine voice, sometimes a raspy male voice, sometimes a kid, sometimes an elderly, etc. I even thought I had multiple personalities but of course, the voice in my head said that it was only one. It only used different voices.

'I'm sorry Mia. I just don't like the idea of coming here.' Rain replied.

'It's okay, just don't do it again because I feel the same way too and now I'm gonna die.' I chuckled painfully.

'You're not gonna die Mia.'

'What makes you so sure about that?'

'I just feel like something different is about to happen. Something that involves the prophecy.'

'Prophecy? What prophecy?' I asked but it suddenly cut off our mind link. It always does that, cutting off the most important stuff. We are nearing the pack house and the kid held unto my hand and smiled at me.

"Hey, I forgot to ask your name bud." I said and smiled back.

"I'm Callum. How about you?"

"My name's Amelia but you can call me Amelia or Mia." I said and he giggled.

"I'll call you Amy." He said and gave me a toothy grin but not complete since there are two missing at the upper center. This kid is the second one to call me that.

"We're here." the right suddenly said. I looked at the pack house and my eyes widened at the sight. Calling it a house is an understatement.

We stop at a huge- no, massive mansion. It's really big and large and it has a fountain at the center. Don't get me started with the one-kilometer path from the gate to the mansion. If this is the size of the branch pack then how massive is the main one in France?

"His Majesty wishes to speak to her alone." he said and grab my arm but Callum stopped him.

"I'm going with her." he said. The left picked him up and he struggled to break free.

"Don't worry Cally, I'll see you later." I said and began to walk with the right in front of me.

"Good luck!" the left said and waved at me. We walked through what looked like a ballroom and into an elevator.

They have a freaking elevator!

While we're inside the elevator, I can't help but feel uneasy. Like I was being pulled into something. It's making me go mad and my senses seemed to heighten. I didn't even realize that we stopped. The door opened and I could see a lot of people walking down the hallway. They bowed their heads upon seeing the right but when they saw me, they growled lowly and some guys are protecting their mates while giving off a defensive stance. I rolled my eyes at them and continued walking with the right, who was now beside me, glaring at the people.

I didn't have the time to look at my surroundings as I felt the pull growing stronger with every step I take until we stopped at a large door. The right looked at me with a worried expression.

"Look, thank you for saving Callum and if you explain to his majesty about it carefully, I'm sure he'll forgive you for trespassing." he said. I gave him a reassuring smile before speaking.

"I thought you saw me as an enemy, what changed it?" I asked him and he cleared his throat.

"Well, I had a feeling that you're not actually a bad person." he said and gave a small smile.

"We'll see," I said and opened the door. I entered the room and closed the door. "Well, your majesty, I'm ready for my pu-" I didn't get to finish what I'm about to say when I smelled the most intoxicating smell ever. It was a mix of lemon and mint and the smell of rain and forest seemed to blend in well.

I looked in front of me and met a pair of hypnotizing green eyes. I cannot look away, it's as if I was frozen into place. My eyes traveled from his eyes to his silky hair that is black as a raven's, down to his slightly crooked nose and high cheekbone, to his perfectly shaped lips, then to his well-chiseled jaw that has a bit of stubble. The guy is gorgeous to the point that he can be mistaken for a Greek god. I thought that the tyrant king would be like a beast with scary features and in his late forties but he looks so young, probably in his mid-twenties. And then it suddenly sunk into me that he isn't just any alpha, he is one of the ten Kings, Cassius Pearson. The most feared Lycan of all.

"U-uhmm...I-" I started but I was then cut off by his fingers caressing my cheeks. I closed my eyes as I feel the sparks and the tingles erupting from his touch. I quickly opened my eyes as I realize what I had just done and moved away, feeling the emptiness and the coldness. I looked at his green eyes as I saw a flash of what seemed to be hurt and sad but it was quickly masked off with his cold and empty ones.

"Tell me your name and state your business here in my territory." he said coldly.

"My name's Amelia and as for my business here, I cannot tell you but I assure you that I am not a threat to your pack." I said flatly. He raised a brow and inspects me if I'm lying or not.

"And do you think I believe you? You smell like a rogue but your race is unknown." He said. I rolled my eyes at him.

"I'm a hybrid and I cannot disclose to you my race. It's confidential." I told him. He stared at me as if trying to read my mind, then he suddenly scrunched up his brows.

"I heard you save my nephew and for that, I'll give you a chance to explain why you are here." He said coldly while still staring at me like he was trying to figure something out. I was trying to figure out what lies I'll have to make when Rain spoke.

'Tell him where you came from and what happened to the pack.' Rain said.

'Why should I?' I asked.

'Trust me. It's for the best.' it said and decided to be silent again.

If I have to trust someone, it would be Rain. Rain is like a guardian to me and whatever it says is the truth and will always happen.

"I am Amelia Cortez, daughter of Beta Adrian Cortez of Alba Rossa. My pack was destroyed and I'm the only one who escaped. I don't know if members of my family or the pack are alive. I lost contact with them seven years ago. I went here to hide since they are chasing me and wanted me dead. I came here, hoping they wouldn't try to search for me knowing that you are here." I explained unwaveringly.

"What makes you think that those people chasing you won't come looking for you here?" He asked as if interrogating me and I scoffed.

"It just meant that they're stupid. They'd probably think that I'm dead meat here anyway so why bother courting death? Although, they'll probably send someone here to confirm if I'm really dead." I said and I heard him growl a bit but I choose to ignore it and went closer to him, to which he flinch.

"But don't worry! I'll show them a fake dead body of mine. After that, I will leave this place-" his low growl cut me off. He yanked my wrist and pulled me against him. He tightened his grip and glared at me fiercely.

"You're not leaving me." He spoke each word sternly. I gulped at this sudden situation but instead of feeling fear, my heart is leaping with joy at this skin contact and close proximity and I don't have a fucking clue why.

"Are you really going to kill me then?" I asked while trying to act innocently. He was taken aback at what I said as he loosened his grip on my wrist. A look of pain and sadness flashed for a split second. If you blink at the same time, you wouldn't know.

"No." He said and let go of me. I was about to jump into happiness but what he said next crashed my hope. "But you are not allowed to leave this place."

"What? Why not? It would be good for the pack if I leave this place. And it would be good for you as well." I said. I am really confused right now. I was trying to explain why it was not good to keep me here longer when I was stopped by his large hand cupping my face and caressing it. This act seemed to calm me down.

"My pack is much stronger no matter who the enemies are and I am here as well. Have you no faith in me?" He said gently, although there was still coldness laced in his voice. I choose not to respond.

I knew he is strong, very strong. But the leaders of the ones chasing me are someone who can't be easily defeated. They are not even someone he has encountered yet. So why do I feel like he can do it? I haven't even seen him in action but I can tell that he had a chance of actually defeating them.

"You have nothing to worry about. I can protect- I will protect you. You just have to stay by my side." As he said those words, I feel like crying. I can feel my uneasiness and alertness vanish completely.

I was about to say something when a knock interrupted us and the door opened revealing a tall and beautiful woman who was probably around my age. She has long wavy strawberry blond hair, clear blue eyes, and tanned skin. She looked at us and smiled happily.

"Cassius is she..?" she started.

"My aethyraz." Cassius said while looking at me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.5K 4K 42
Secrets...in every family,friendship and relationship exists some kind of secret. They always find a way to exist,to manipulate and control someone's...
698K 23.6K 34
THIS BOOK IS COMPLETED but it will be HEAVILY EDITED and have things added to it in the future. I wrote this book when I was much younger. I didn't e...
233K 8K 65
{Book one of A Different Kind Of Fairy Tale Series} *She pushed herself off of me and sat down in the seat in front of me. "I admit you're insanely a...
6.7K 164 19
Stuck. That's how Athena felt in her life. Stuck with no light at the end of the tunnel. Athena's friends were her only outlet in the shitty town she...