Trust

By CaitlinTheSurvivor

~ #1 Starling City 5/22/19 ~ ~ #1 Merlyn 5/22/19 ~ ~ #1 Lian Yu 6/7/19 ~ ~ #1 Sharpshooter 8/30/19 ~ Caitlin... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Please read
Chapter 20
not a chapter
Chapter: 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
SEQUEL
Thank you!

Chapter 26

314 5 0
By CaitlinTheSurvivor

"We have to end this guy before he makes any more widows out of wives." Diggle says.

"We will. Diggle, we'll stop him. I promised you I'd help take him down, and I keep my promises, but he's on another continent." Oliver says.

"Not anymore. I thought it would be helpful to track A.R.G.U.S' manhunt for Floyd Lawton aka Deadshot, so I decrypted their communication logs. Which means, I just hacked a federal agency. Which kind of makes me a cyber-terrorist, which is bad because I really don't see myself fitting in well at Guantanamo Bay." Felicity says.

"Don't worry, Felicity, they don't send blondes there." Oliver says.

"I dye it, actually."

"I'll keep your secret." Caitlin says.

"Hey, what'd you find?" Diggle asks.

"Deadshot is scheduled to meet with a potential new client here in Starling City. Except the potential contract is bogus. Your friend Lyla is setting a trap for him. Lawton took the bait." Felicity says.

"Great, I'll talk to Lyla, see if I can suss out any details." Diggle says.

"Good. Caitlin and I have lunch with Laurel." Oliver says. The other two nod as they leave.

Lian Yu

"Rescuing your father and stopping Fyers is not going to be some walk in the park. They're not going to allow us to just stroll on into their camp. Which is why we'll need cover." Slade says.

"If the three of us are infiltrating, who'll provide that?" Caitlin asks.

"He will." Shado says, referring to Oliver.

"Me?" He laughs.

"The assault rifle is flushed. It's useless. We have a bow, arrows. And no one capable of shooting them. No offense, kid." Slade says.

"I was going to say the same thing." Oliver says.

"I think we should be spending our time trying to devise a plan, not lower our already slim chances of survival." Slade says.

Shado looks at Caitlin, who nods. "He'll hit his mark by sundown. If not, we'll do it your way." Shado says.

Starling City

The two were waiting and CNRI. Laurel sees them and walks over. "Hi. Did you get my voicemail?"

"No." Oliver says.

"Things got a little crazy around here-- back to back meetings... I am so sorry, rain check?"

"Sure. I could definitely catch up on some club paperwork. We're way behind since Tommy left."

"I'm still shocked that he went to go work for Malcolm. You know, you were really understanding to let him take this opportunity. Tommy said you were cool with it."

"Why wouldn't I be? He's my friend. Like you."

"I'm sorry, are we early?" A man asks.

"No, not at all. Uh, Oliver, this is Eric Moore and his wife, Nancy. I'm prepping them for a deposition for tomorrow. And this must be your bodyguard?" She asks referring to a small boy next to the couple.

"This is our son, Taylor."

"Well, you are in very capable hands. It was nice to meet you." Oliver says before walking away with Caitlin.

That night the two were at CNRI after learning about the murder of Laurel's clients. Oliver and Caitlin walk over to Tommy who is standing with Taylor. "Hey, come stay in my house, ok?" Oliver asks.

"What are you doing here?" Tommy asks.

"We heard what happened, we just wanted to make sure Laurel was ok." Caitlin says.

"You could have just called." Tommy says.

"We met Laurel's clients and their son yesterday and I felt badly." Oliver says.

"You met them?"

"Yeah, when I was picking up Laurel for lunch... Which she didn't tell you about." Oliver says.

"Tell you what?" Laurel asks as she walks over.

"Nothing." Tommy says.

"It's settled. Taylor's coming home with us tonight." She says.

"If you need anything--" Caitlin starts.

"We're fine." Tommy says.

Oliver sighs. "Ok."

'We should really get going." Tommy says.

"Tommu can I talk you you? Just for a second?" Caitlin asks.

"We can wait." Laurel says.

Caitlin nods and walks away with Tommy. She looks at him. "I am going to say this once. And you will listen. Actually listen. He is your best friend. You need to let it go."

"I can't. He's a killer!" He says, quietly.

"So am I! It's what happens when you are stranded on an island for 5 years! It's what happens when you are stuck on an island where everyone wants to kill you!" She sighs and looks away. "Oliver is your girlfriend's friend. He is your little sister's boyfriend. You can't hate him forever. You can't hate me either." She then walks back to Oliver.

"What's this?" Oliver asks. They were standing around Felicity's computer.

"Lyla's mission profile on the trap they've set for Deadshot. Lawton is set to meet his new employer and get his assignment tomorrow at 8 pm. Only, his new employer... Will be an A.R.G.U.S. agent. Lyla will then swoop in with her team and arrest him."

"Do you want Lawton arrested?" Caitlin asks.

"No." Diggle says.

"Then tomorrow night, we cross Floyd Lawton's name off your list. There is something else we need to look into. Two of Laurel's clients were murdered last night. Their seven-year-old son barely escaped." Oliver says.

"That's terrible." Felicity says.

"Edward Rasmus, the financial advisor Laurel was taking to court, may not have pulled the trigger, but he probably called in the hit. I want you to get into his corporate accounts, phone records, anything that may link him to the killer, ok?" Oliver asks.

"Where are you going?" Diggles asks.

"Laurel's." He says as Oliver and Caitlin leave.

Caitlin and Oliver run into Laurel's apartment, in suit. They see a black man about to kill them. The two start to fight them before he flees. The two then look at Laurel, Tommy, and Taylor. Laurel held Taylor tightly. Tommy nods and the two leave.

Later, the two are at the Queen Mansion. "This is Mr. Robbins. Where you go, he goes." Diggle says.

"You'll be very well protected, Ms. Lance." Mr. Robbins says.

"Thank you."

"I hand-selected these men myself. The house and the grounds are completely secure."

"Please make yourself at home. You must be Taylor. How about I show you where I hide the good cookies? Ok?" Moira smiles and takes Taylor to the kitchen.

"Mr. Queen, whenever you're ready, I can take you to your next appointment, sir." Diggle says.

"The Lawton meeting? Yes. I just need to swing by the club and pick up my good suit. So, I'll meet you there."

"Of course, sir." 

"You're leaving?" Laurel asks.

"There's something else I need to take care of. It's important."

"More important than what's going on here?"

"No offense to Oliver, but I think we need Mr. Robbins and his men more than him." Tommy says.

"Besides, I'll be staying." Caitlin says. Oliver nods and leaves.

"You looked so beautiful that night. I remember Oliver telling me once that he wished your father would let him come over to your house more often. That being there made him feel less like Robert Queen's son and more like himself. I liked who my son was when he was around you." Moira says.

"Thank you." Laurel says.

Oliver walks in. "Hey. The police just called. Edward Rasmus was arrested. Really? What happened?"

"Apparently he confessed to everything. He's going to go to prison for a long time and won't be able to hurt anyone ever again." Laurel says.

"Why would he confess?" Oliver asks.

"The vigilante was involved." Caitlin says.

"Good for him. So, I guess it's over." Tommy says.

"Yes...Yeah." Oliver says.

"Great, I'll go wake up Taylor--"

Laurel interrupts Tommy. "No, Tommy, please. He's sleeping, he's been through a lot."

"Now you all are welcome to stay. We certainly have enough room. It's your call." Moira says.

"Thank you, Mrs. Queen. I guess we'll stay, then." Laurel says.

"Good."

Later Caitlin is in the study when Tommy walks in. "The guy that tried to kill us came back, but he's dealt with." Caitlin looks at him and nods.  "I broke up with Laurel."

"What? Why?"

"I'm constantly lying to her. I can't look her in the eyes and not tell her. Look I can't forgive Oliver. I can't."

"By that you mean you can't forgive me either, right?"

"No. You? You I can forgive. Because you're my little sister, I can't just abandon you. Ever since mom died it's been you and me. I know Oliver is your boyfriend. So yes I can deal with him, but I  can't be his best friend." Caitlin nods and turns to leave. "Caitlin?" She looks at him. "Please be careful. I can't lose you."

She smiled. "You won't." She then left.

Caitlin was in the club. She walks to Oliver. "Dig left. He's done."

Caitlin sits by him and sighed. She grabs his hand. "We'll be okay."

"You think so?"

She nods. "I do."

Oliver smiled and kissed her.

Lian Yu

"So how did our Robin Hood do? As expected?" Slade asks. Shado nods. "So back to the drawing board we go."

The group hears clattering. They then see Yao Fei. "Yao Fei!" Oliver yeller.

"Ba! How did you escape?"

"I didn't."

They then see Fyers. "You son of a bitch..." Slade says.

"Hey!" Oliver yelled.

"Your time on this island is at an end."

Almost to 6k! That's amazing! Only 4 more chapters and then this book is over! I am writing a sequel. Don't worry. And again I'm sorry I'm not updating frequently.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.9K 1.5K 16
Book III of The Bride of the Demon series COMPLETED It has been two years since Y/n Queen and Damian Wayne parted ways. As her time away from the Dem...
140K 4.1K 36
"...and she knew that the Oliver that had come home to them was not the same Oliver that had gotten on they damned boat." Cali Merlyn had a r...
37.9K 1K 11
Oliver Queen was known as the billionaire playboy heartbreaker before his time on the island after the shipwreck that took his father's life. When he...
1M 23.7K 40
[Highest ranking #92] "I can't loose anyone else princess. Promise me that you won't leave me" he said grabbing my face making me stay looking into h...