Let's Make A Deal, My King

By YuuMA08

"You...? Cassius...?" I asked the ten-year-old kid who looked exactly like Cassius and he was crying. "Amelia... More

2: It's Time To Run Again
3: Caught
4: The King's Aethyraz
5: A Chance
6: Dinner With The Predators
7: A Dream Or A Nightmare?
8: Poisoned Letter
9: Black Magic
10: The Mark And A Date
11: A Great Training Experience
12: Caduta Del Fenice
13: Heads Or Tails
14: His Secret
15: Nothing Beats Procrastination On A Nice Weather.
16: L'angelo Fenice
17: When Something Annoying Comes Up, Another One Appears
18: Possession
19: Instincts Taking Over
20: Favorite Handsome Brother Meets Most Handsome Mate
Very Important Note
21: The Continuation Of The Book
22: An Attack
23: Rise From The Flames Of Thy Enemy
24: Revealing Secrets
25: Vision
26: A Half-blood's Side-Effects
27: Lazuline's Heir
28: Estra
29: Cupcakes And A Secret
30: Whereabouts and Weakness
31: Uninvited Guest
32: An Anticlimactic Experience
33: Every Second Counts
34: Meeting The First And The Second
35: The Deal
36: Little Carlyle
37: Another Date?
38: Date On Faerie Territory
39: Into The Faerie Kingdom

1: Betrayed

4.2K 102 7
By YuuMA08

Amelia

I was woken up by the smell of smoke and the noise from outside. I scurried off my bed and opened my window to take a look at what was happening outside. The place was horrible. Smoke and fire engulfed the entire building and the field, and women and children were running away while the males and pack warriors were fighting against some unknown wolves.

Rogues. We're under attack.

I went out of my room and ran along the hallways while fighting the rogues and searching for my family. I picked up a dagger from the floor and used it to defend and attack the rogues coming at me while running.

"Mama! Papa!" I shouted in the hallway and searched for them but they are nowhere to be found.

"Alec! Javier! Royce!" I was still running and searching for them but then I was suddenly pulled and dragged in the opposite direction. I looked at the person and saw my mom.

"Mama! Why are we under attack? Where are the others?" She didn't answer me but instead, she kept on dragging me until we reached the Alpha's office.

"Cassandra! Thank goodness both of you are here." Luna Illiana said and hugged both of us.

"What's wrong?" I asked them. I searched the area and found only Luna Illiana here. Her son and daughter are not even here.

"Listen carefully, Amelia. We've been betrayed by Dante. He sold us off to them." Mom said with tears in her eyes. I can't believe what she said. Dante, her best friend, and my favorite uncle betrayed us. How could he do that to us?

"N-no! It can't be true. Uncle wouldn't d-"

"Ya lo hizo!" she said and cried. A tear fell from my eye. I really don't want to believe her but my mom would never lie. And to think that Dante betrayed us hurt her the most. (He already did)

"Cassandra! They are closing in, we have to hurry." Illiana interrupted us. My mom wiped her tears and pushed a button on the wall which was hidden by a painting. The shelf moved and so as the wall revealing a secret passage that I didn't know of. She gave me a backpack which I think contains some of my clothes and money.

"I prepared everything in this bag. Money for your travel and a fake passport. You need to leave this place. Enter the hidden passage and into the tunnel that leads a few kilometers away from the borders. When you're out there, I want you to erase your scent. You have to run as fast as you can to the airport and go to Germany where the castle of the Vampire King's brother resides. You have to find Vargo and Klaus, tell them your full name, and show them the pendant I gave you. They will then take good care of you. Can you do that?"

"What about you and the rest?" I asked her. She smiled at me and wiped my tears.

"No te preocupes, hija mía. No nos harán daño. But you need to go. Whatever happens do not come back, lo entiendes?" I shook my head. (Don't worry my child. They won't hurt us.)(got it?)

"No! No te estoy dejando!" I shouted. (No! I'm not leaving you)

"Yes, and you must! Please hija." I remained silent and fixed my gaze on the ground. My mom lifted my chin gently with her soft hands and looked at me with a sad and pained expression.

"I want you to promise me something too. I don't want you to go back here until the time is right. Mi prometta!" she begged and I shook my head. (promise me)

"Per favore Amelia, promettimi!"(Please Amelia, promise me)

"Lo prometto!" I yelled and cried harder. My mom only smiled and wiped my tears. (I promise)

"My beautiful girl, I wish I could celebrate your birthday today. I won't be able to see my girl grow up into a fine woman but no matter where you are, I will always think of you. Me, your papa, your brothers, and the rest of the pack members. Happy Birthday my Amelia, I hope this won't be the last I'll say this to you." I cried and hugged her tight.

"Cassandra! Hurry!" Illiana shouted. Mom pushed me really hard inside which made me fall on the cold hard ground. I quickly stood up and was about to go out but the wall is quickly closing. But before it was completely closed, I can see my mom's beautiful smile while she was saying something in an ancient and foreign language only the two of us knew.

"Un ayah que shye heksh, ro verkushya anjeho."

I can't hear what's happening on the opposite side because of the wall. I wanted to go out but I have to follow my mom. I ran as fast as I can while following the path that leads outside of the pitch-black tunnel.

I've been running for half an hour already and I can almost see the door that leads outside. I quickly hid my scent and ran into the woods. I climb the highest tree with my dark clothes camouflaging with the dark woods and the night sky.

I looked at the pack house and held in a whimper at the sight. Smoke and fire engulf the surroundings, wolves fight with each other and blood can be seen everywhere. I held in the urge to go back and jump on the trees to avoid them spotting me.

I made it out of our borders and I ran for an hour and a half and I made it to the neutral zone where humans live. I signaled for a cab, and good thing one came. I ask the driver to take me to the airport. While we rode off, I slumped on my seat at the far end, avoiding the mirror, and cried silently. Good thing the music is on from the radio.

After a few minutes on the road, I made it to the airport. I paid the driver and I noticed that some people are staring at me weirdly then I remembered that I was only wearing my pajamas and I'm barefoot. Not to mention the dirt on my feet and my clothes. I hurriedly went to the bathroom before security kicks me out.

I look at myself in the mirror and grimace at the sight of my messed-up face. I have black ashes from my face due to the smoke and my hair was sticking out as if I'd been in a fight and with leaves on it. I wash my face and my hair and dry it on the drier machine that dries my hands. Good thing I'm the only one here.

I washed my feet and let me tell you, it was really hard to wash my feet on the sink. I changed into an oversize sweater and ripped skinny jeans. I wore my running shoes in case I might bump into an enemy later and I tied my scarlet hair up into a bun, the one I inherited from my mother. I bought a ticket to Germany and to my surprise and made it on time.

I boarded the plane and I'm glad that I got to sit next to the window. I waited for a few minutes for the plane to take off. As soon as we were in the sky, I took one last look at my city while a tear slowly slipped from the corner of my eye and I was soon welcomed by darkness but before that, a voice spoke gently inside my head.

'Happy Birthday, Amelia. Everything is going to change.'

******

(Ten Years Later)

I ran as fast as I can while five rogues were chasing me. I can't shift right now because if I do, they'll pick up my scent so I have no choice but to run on my two human feet. And since I'm a hybrid, I can't shift into my wolf. I'm probably the only hybrid who can't. I went to the human city so that they could not follow me and my scent will be mixed with the others.

I run and run until I reached the motel I stayed in. All my life I've been running so I'm definitely used to it. Five years of fleeing and being chased had made me a little bit faster. I could always kill them but I'm in the streets of New York, so what would they do if they saw five dead humongous dogs lying on the street?

I went to my room as fast as I can. I grabbed my suitcase and packed all my stuff. I changed into black jeans, a gray sweater, and my combat boots. After I'm done changing, I picked up my phone and dialed a number. The person picked up after the fourth ring.

"Yellow? You're very own number one handsome person in the world speaking." the other line said playfully.

"They found me." is what I said and I heard him gasp.

"What did you do this time?" He said, a bit angry. I rolled my eyes and was thankful that he wasn't here to witness it.

"I didn't do anything. It's not my fault my pictures were leaked and not to mention I have a wanted poster that has a reward of a bloody one million dollars." I said annoyed. I found out that my pictures were leaked on the web page for the supernaturals. Yeah, we have our own web page that humans can't access through it.

"I saw it just now. Man, you're so ugly in here," he said while holding in a laugh.

"Whatever! Just tell me where to go next."

"Okay, your last place is in California. Try not to get caught this time and stay there for a very long time." I frowned at what he said.

"I don't want to go there. In fact, I can't go there. You know who is currently in that place."

"I know but it's the only safest place left. It's either California or you'll go to Moscow. They wouldn't know you'll be there since they are probably busy with whatever the hell they're doing there."

"Well, no rogue, in particular, would go there if they don't have a death wish and I'm not going to Moscow."

"Exactly! You'll be safe there Mia." If only he was here so I could strangle him.

"What in sweet moon goddess' name you don't understand about a thing I just said?" I yelled at him on the phone.

"Don't shout at me. You're gonna make my ears bleed. You know I have sensitive ears."

"Whatever. Look, King Cassius owns everything in California. He knows if some unknown person or most definitely a rogue would step on that place. I will probably be dead right after I could place my foot on the ground." I explained. If they can't kill me then he will.

"You won't get killed, trust me."

Trust.

"The last time I trusted someone, he made me a wanted person all over the world." I said grimly. I heard the other line sigh heavily.

"Look Mia, I'm not him okay? Your mother trusted us to take care of you and even if she didn't ask us, we would still help you." I smiled at what he said. "You need to go to California for your own safety, okay? I'll make sure they won't hurt you." I sighed.

"Fine. Tell Aunt Vargo and Uncle Klaus I said hi and I miss them." I heard him chuckle.

"How about your dearest brother? You don't miss me?" He said in a sweet voice that made me almost puke. I can almost picture those puppy dog eyes.

"Whatever and you're not my brother. Bye, loser!" I said and ended the call before he could make a comeback.

I put on my thick jacket and put on a scarf to hide my face. It's almost winter here so I need to wear the appropriate clothes even though I can't feel the cold because we, werewolves, tend to have our personal heater on our bodies but if I wanted to be like a normal human, I need to wear like an average human.

I wore my cap and put on my eyeglasses as a disguise and went out of the room with my suitcase and a duffle bag with me. I gave my keys to the woman who was in charge and went out of the motel. I called for a taxi and it stopped in front of me. I told the driver to drop me off at the airport.

I arrived at the airport after a few minutes. I was just in time for the plane to California to board. I went inside the plane and took my seat beside the window which I'm very glad about. I thought about what will happen to me in California knowing that I'll be stepping on a very dangerous and powerful pack. Although it's just a branch pack and the main one is in France, it's still powerful.

I kept thinking about the possibilities of me surviving but I found none at the moment until I doze off and thought about the name of that person whom I really don't want to meet.

Cassius Pearson...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.1K 658 22
NOTE: This is completed but unedited. It will be going through major changes soon including with plot and character changes. Once it is all changed...
1.8K 406 26
1st in sassy lead 1st in witchywerewolves 1st in demonic relation ..mate..' mia squealed in my head. I shut her off and faced him I sighed and cross...
315K 10.1K 23
Hello Everyone! Just a quick note to say that I am editing this book and I am making the chapters a little bit longer. If some chapters don't make se...
28.7M 880K 55
I glared up at him my eyes narrowed, "Excuse me?" I was beyond livid by the words that just came out of his mouth. My glare didn't falter when Parker...