oxygen ● haikyuu x male reade...

By yixinqly

━ ❝when he's on the court, it feels like neither side can breathe properly without his permission. he rules a... More

prologue
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
𝓃𝑒𝓌 𝓎𝑒𝒶𝓇𝓈!
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n

n i n e

22.5K 894 527
By yixinqly

❝when he's on the court, it feels like neither side can breathe properly without his permission. he rules above all in the court. ❞

m/n stared at the lit screen of his phone, almost burning a hole into the spot where it showed him that he had received a message from hinata. he sighed heavily before tapping onto the notification, it going onto his messaging app immediately.

  ●  

hinata
15:28, read

sorry for bothering you...

i guess you're still practising, so i'll ask :D

you know earlier at shiratorizawa...

why were you there with ushijima-san?

you can reply later!! :DDD

you
20:13, sent

hey hinata, sorry for the late reply sunshine. 
anyways i had special practice with shiratorizawa
and ushijima because of something i'm taking
part in! don't worry, no special attacks will be
spoken about, i'm still on your side and will help
you 
beat the heck out of ushijima.
if you see this before 
you sleep,
 then good night sunshine.

  ●

m/n smiled to himself as he tapped sent and quickly put his phone into his pocket, staring out of the window opposite him. bored of the view he'd seen many times before, he closed his eyes. a peaceful calm settling over him, pulling him towards a drowsy state. however m/n pushed himself out of it as he heard the name of his stop be announced by the train tannoy.

   ●

'ding!'

m/n, already awake and walking to school, pulled out his phone from his trouser pocket. it was a reply from hinata to last night. m/n chuckled as he realised hinata slept very early, almost like a small child.

hinata
07:32, read

ahh! that makes sense :)

kageyama did say it could be something

like that... but i didn't trust him cuz
kageyama isn't that smart :P

m/n didn't replied as he couldn't be bothered to. he continued to walk to school.

  ●

the end of school bell rang and m/n's teacher dismissed the class. m/n like any other normal day, slung his bag over his back and left the classroom, strolling casually towards the volleyball boys club changing room. okay, maybe all the other times he had walked incredibly fast to the club room, and just maybe his pace of walking was different, but he had a totally logical reasoning for that.

as much as he loved the club and would do anything to be there on time and never be late, the karasuno boys were all incredibly slow changers. they would get distracted every two seconds and stop changing, or wear someone else's clothes and then come back complaining with the other person confused and looking for their clothes until they would realise and slowly, in a state of embarrassment, change the mistakes.

in conclusion, he decided being early wasn't necessary as karasuno boys volleyball club all had slow people changers and everyone was atleast some percent dork.

"wow... so all that happened in one practice i missed? i guess i shouldn't be taking time off." m/n shrugged his shoulders as daichi and suga explained the studying and going to tokyo situation.

"indeed! you shou- WAIT A MINUTE, L/N AREN'T YOU SUPER SMART?!" suga bursted out as he clearly 'recalled'.

"i guess? i'm in 2-5 and got top marks in junior high and america, why?" m/n replied, not really bothered.

suga pulled m/n by the shirt and whispered into his ear, "do you reckon you could teach the first years and the stupid second years...? it'd really help out."

"oh yeah, totally sure, i can do that." m/n smiled as suga patted his back in an agreeing way as daichi raised his eyebrow in confusion.

  ●

m/n watched as tsukishima, the last person he'd ever expect to help hinata, asked him about a question on a piece of paper. m/n walked to behind tsukishima and stared at hinata's answer, quietly laughing but covering his mouth so no one would realise.

he also looked over to nishinoya who was being helped by suga, a tiny amount far from the first years that sat together.

m/n turned his back to the first years as daichi came up beside him. he assumed kageyama had said something about memorising and learning as daichi had started doing some finger signals that m/n recognised.

"uick-. a. c. timed attack in front of the setter. left-back attack. d. side-by-side. semi. timed attack behind the setter." kageyama spontaneously sprouted.

"how long did it take you to memorise these?" daichi asked with a smile.

"i think... less than a day?" kageyama answered, it coming out as a question.

"which is exactly why i'm not going to let you say you can't memorise those words." daichi had placed his hands on his hips, a shadow of gloom looming over kageyama.

m/n heard into another conversation as hinata bolted onto his feet, claiming he wouldn't lose against kageyama.

"all right. let's go to my place after club on saturday." tanaka confirmed with nishinoya.

nishinoya replying with a, "got it."

"ooh! you mind if i come too?  i'd feel bad if chikara had to deal with all of you alone." m/n chirped into the conversation.

"sure? you can come!" nishinoya responded, not really sure if he wanted m/n but didn't actually mind him being there as he could possibly unravel his mysterious words from the match he had with asahi and him.

  ●

"nishinoya, let me see your quiz from yesterday." ennoshita said, asking for nishinoya's quiz.

as nishinoya handed over his quiz, tanaka opened the door with his foot exclaiming, "snacks!"

"in general, you can find the answers for the japanese questions in the passages given. so, if you just read them carefully..." ennoshita explained, his face dulling as he read nishinoya's answer.

m/n laughed as ennoshita frustratedly pointed onto the quiz paper, "it tells you right here to find it in the passage! don't ignore both the question and norio!

"you're so awesome, noya-san." tanaka added in.

"you're good at memorisation, aren't you, nishinoya?" ennoshita remembered.

"leave the memes to me!" nishinoya got up onto his knees, pulling his shirt down which read 'tripod headstand'.

"that won't be on the exam!" ennoshita cried.

"geh, are you guys actually studying?! are you feeling okay?" a blonde haired woman said as she opened the door. m/n wondered who she was, assuming she was either a girlfriend or relative of tanakas.

"what'd you mean by that?!" tanaka exclaimed.

"heyo, saeko-nesan!" nishinoya had stood up to greet her in a happy manner.

'is it his brother?! no wait that makes literally no sense.' m/n sighed internally.

"hey, yu! you're looking cool, as always." the unnamed blonde excitedly complimented nishinoya.

"thanks!" nishinoya yelled back.

"p-pardon the intrusion..." kinoshita mumbled awkwardly.

"you're totally fine." the still unnamed lady said, grabbing tanaka's head.

"let's see... want your big sis to teach you a thing or two?" she joked.

"shut up! you're just as dumb as me, so there's no point." tanaka complained.

"hey, don't you dare underestimate a college girl." she pulled back his head, shaking it left and right aggressively.

"you only go to your job and practice!" tanaka added.

"sh-shut up! i'm working hard when no one's looking!" she stuttered.

"tanaka's sister is so cool." kinoshita concluded. narita nodded in agreement.

"don't come crying to me later!" as she almost begun walking, she had eye contact with m/n. she paused.

"you're new... also, have i seen you somewhere?" she asked.

"mhmm, tv and magazines." m/n blurted, not really embarrassed to speak of his bland accomplishments."

"good joke." she laughed fakely, clearly not buying it.

"uh.. sis, he is really famous, he's not kidding." tanaka added, his sisters eyes widening slightly in shock.

"seriously?! what's he famous for?!" she blurted, hands out in shock.

"volleyball, obviously." m/n laughed.

"japan or like big scale stuff??" she questioned.

"in my younger ages, it was japan only, now world wide. i still get letters from weird foreign volleyball groups that want me." m/n sighed thinking about the letters that go to his official career mailbox.

"tanaka!! you have a famous friend!" she exclaimed as she slung his head around in excitement.

as she saw the loss of energy in ennoshita's eyes, she decided to leave as she was disturbing their attempt at studying.

"i'll leave now, cya boys!" she laughed merrily and she slammed the door behind her, letting them resume to their conversation about her but also their studying.

  ●

as tanaka spoke about his sister, m/n blanked out.

'it must be nice having a sister whose so close to you' m/n thought to himself.

as he thought about tanaka's sister he thought about how his whole family must be. he smiled shortly, not wanting to be called out.

having a proper family was something he missed. his had disappeared from his life, but he didn't miss them. he just missed the figures of them. the idea, the concept, the dream of a family. that's what he missed. not the actual people.

they resumed to studying. 

for every few questions, ennoshita and m/n would swap and the other would teach while the other listened and took notes.

overall, m/n definitely hit on ennoshita a couple of times but had been shut down by his focused glares that told him it wasnt the time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

117K 2.7K 23
𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚊𝚖𝚎, 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚊 𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛-𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚌𝚢𝚌𝚕𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚎> 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚒𝚝 𝚎𝚗𝚍?> 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕...
120K 6.2K 14
𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐈𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐄 𝐆𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐤𝐞𝐧𝐦𝐚 𝐱 𝐅𝐄𝐌 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 EDITING: @dickdeprived
184K 4.8K 17
Ummmm...it's basically a Haikyū x reader fanfic, and I hope you enjoy!!! All rights reserved!!! I do not own Haikyū or its characters and I most defi...