The Final Decision

Oleh ThereseJoyBChen

Chase Everett is back and the last five months since he and Allie Bennett broke up was hell for him. Now his... Lebih Banyak

CHAPTER 1 - The New Girl
CHAPTER 3 - The Big News
CHAPTER 4 - What Comes Goes
CHAPTER 5 - When Things Go Wrong
CHAPTER 6 - It Must Be Paris
CHAPTER 7 - The Martin Family
CHAPTER 8 - The Birth Of An Angel
CHAPTER 9 - The One With All The Jealousy
CHAPTER 10 - The Time Jump
CHAPTER 11 - The Charity Event
CHAPTER 12 - Just Like Old Times
CHAPTER 13 - The Fight
CHAPTER 14 - The Awarding Ceremony
CHAPTER 15 - The Kiss
CHAPTER 16 - The Threat
CHAPTER 17 - Pictures Of You
CHAPTER 18 - The Accident
CHAPTER 19 - The Treacherous Revelation
CHAPTER 20 - The Final Break Up
CHAPTER 21 - The Final Proposal
CHAPTER 22 - The Final Question
CHAPTER 23 - The Final Announcement
CHAPTER 24 - The Final Hoorah
CHAPTER 25 - The Final Ending

CHAPTER 2 - That Awkward Moment

22.2K 421 18
Oleh ThereseJoyBChen

CHAPTER 2 - That Awkward Moment

After what had happened in Fiji, Allie hopped the plane to New York, packed some of her stuff then jetted off to India.

 While U-haul did the work for her and got all of her stuff from Chase's apartment she was in India learning different types of Indian cuisine. She spent two weeks in India and dove in to the culture and way of living.

 But all means has to come to an end. After two weeks she returned to the United States of America and began to look for a place on the East Coast.

She still wanted to live in New York but not see the love of her life, so she decided to go to one of her former flame's house. Allie rings the doorbell and someone opens it. "What're you doing here?" He asked. "I don't have a place to stay, I don't know what to do I just broke up with Chase." She said and starts crying.

 Drew hugs her and invites her inside. "What happened?" He asks as she lets her settle in his couch. "I-I broke up with Chase." She sobs. "Why?" He asked and offered her water. "His friend told me that I was leeching off of Chase's money and that I don't fit in their world, I'm not good enough for him and can't be the girl Chase ends up with." She said with a heavy heart. "That's just mean." Drew said and puts his arms around her. "I'm so sorry, Allie. I know you really loved Chase not for his money but for his heart." Drew said softly. Allie rests her head on Drew's chest, "And you know what's worse?" She said. "What?" he asked. "I didn't even tell him that I'm..."

Five months and a few weeks have passed since that day in Fiji, since the day Allie told Drew her "news". Allie stayed in Drew's home ever since, nothing blossomed between the two. They're friends who respect each other too much but there was a catch. Drew had to take care of Allie; he knew Allie still wasn't over Chase and he accepted that fact. He loves her but that's all there is to it.

"Allie! Breakfast is ready." Drew called out. Allie came down and ate breakfast with Drew. They talked about what they were doing for the day. "I'm just gonna write today." She said. "Can't wait to read all about it!" Drew said. "What about you?" She asked. "I have a lot of repairs today. But I'm free at lunch, do you wanna grab some lunch and get out of the house?" He asked. "I'll think about it." She said."Okay, be safe. I love you, Als." He said, kissed her cheek and left for work. 

They were acting like a married couple.

 That day she curled up in bed and wrote the new recipes she has learned from her past travels to the UK. Then her brother paid a visit. "Allie! Where are you?" He yelled. "I'm up here, Scott!" She yelled. Scott went up to the room and brought her cookies. "So how are you feeling?" He asked. "I'm good." She said as she eats her cookies. 

"So I told Drew we're meeting him in Central Park." He said. "That's so far. Go without me." She said. "No, get dressed lazy ass." He demanded. "C'mon I promised Drew I'd get you out of the house today. C'mon Allie, I know it's been a tough five months - Drew just wants you to go outdoors again and in your favorite spot in Central Park." He said.

 Allie gave in and took a shower, put on some clothes and they went in Scott's car going to Central Park. "You're lucky I'm such a good sister."She said. 

While in the car, "So how's the new job?" She asked. "It's alright. I've been back and forth LA and New York lately, but I don't mind because I get to work with the prettiest models in the country." He joked. "And the studio?" She asked. "Still saving some money, but a couple of months from now, I'll be able to get one." He replied.

Then Allie was silent, the car was at a stop, Scott looked at Allie, "Penny for your thoughts?" He asked. "You know who I'm thinking about, Scotty." She replied. Scott looked down, "Why'd you even do it sis? Why'd you choose to leave him?" He asked. "Too many external factors dictating our relationship." She said and he nodded and kept his mouth shut.

 Once they arrived, Scott opened the car door for her and extended his right arm so that Allie would hold on to. They strolled around Central Park just letting the natural breeze pass through their faces. "See? Isn't this just nice?" Scott asked but Allie didn't say anything to him. He looked at her and she was leaning on his shoulder, he could tell she was tired. 

Then they see Drew and laid out a big blanket and had a basket full of food. Scott helps her sit down and Drew gives her a sandwich. "Isn't it just so nice out, Allie?" Scott asked. "Okay, you two are up to something. Spill it!" She said but Scott and Drew just laughed. Drew grabbed Allie's hand and looked into her eyes. "Allie..." he starts. 

Allie looks behind him and she sees Chase and a girl walking with coffee in both their hands. Drew and Scott look to her direction and her smile disappears. Chase notices the familiar faces and as he got nearer, his heart dropped.

Allie stood up slowly with Drew's help. Chase slows down and meets her gaze. "A-Allie?" He said. "Chase." She replied. 

"Y-you're pregnant?!" He exclaims and is surprised by the sight of the bulging stomach. 

Scott goes to the side and Allie holds Drew's arm leaving Chase still speechless. 

"W-who's the father?" He asked and he had that gut feeling hoping it would be his. 

"I-it's uhm, it's... Drew's." She blurted out. Drew looked at her furiously and was surprised by the notion. "I am?" He asked then Allie hit him in the stomach. "Ouch, uhm. Yeah I'm the father of this unborn child." He said awkwardly. 

"So I guess you two are together?" Chase asked. As much as it pained her to say it she said, "Yes." Chase's surprised face turned into anger. Then they awkwardly stared at each other then looked at the girl behind Chase. "Oh shoot! I completely forgot. This is my friend, Isabella. Isabella, these are some of my old friends." Chase said coldly. "It's nice to meet all of you." Isabella said and smiled. "So it was good seeing you, Allie." He said coldly. "But we have to go." He said and then bid his goodbyes. 

Allie sat down feeling so heartbroken. "Why the hell didn't you tell him it was his baby?!" Drew exclaimed. "Allie, why didn't you tell him the truth?!" Scott shouted. "Because he looked happy without me, that's just what he needs. He doesn't need me to bring him down and take his money, you know." She said softly and a tear dropped from her right eye. "You know that's not true." Scott said. 

Then there was a moment of silence. "Take me home." She said and got up and started walking. Eventually, Scott caught up to her and hugged her then took her home. When Allie arrived all she could think of was how Chase reacted to her pregnancy. "Who's the father?" she thought. She wanted to tell him so bad.

"What was that about?" Isabella asked. "What was what about?" Chase evaded the question. "Was that your ex?" She asked. "Are you a vet or are you psychic because I'm having a hard time figuring out that part." He joked. "I'm just good at guessing, I guess." She replied. "Yes, that was my roommate." He said as he frowned. 

"Are you okay? Because you sound kind of disappointed that she didn't say your name." She pointed out and sipped her coffee. "Didn't say my name?" He asked and Isabella nodded. "I don't really wanna talk about it." He said softly. 

Isabella could see the hurt on his face and felt the hurt in his tone. "Look, can we just drop the subject? I want to spend time with you and I don't want to think about Allie okay?" He said as he looked her in the eye and Isabella nods. 

As they stroll around Central Park making their way to the zoo, Chase couldn't stop thinking about Allie and the baby. As they arrived at the Central Park Zoo, Isabella put on her work clothes and went inside the penguin enclosure to feed them. Chase watches Isabella enjoy feeding the penguins as he takes sips of his coffee and steals glances whenever he can from Isabella. 

He smiles at her and she smiles back. She goes near the glass facing Chase and draws a heart on the mist. Chase laughed put his hand on the glass; she did what he did and pressed her hand on the glass. Then Isabella continued to feed the penguins, when she looked back she saw Chase taking a seat and wore a confused face, she could tell he was still disturbed with the fact Allie was pregnant. Chase went up to Isabella again and asked if she could step out for a while. "Isabella, my father just called me and I need to go." He said and then Isabella smiled and hugged him, Chase then kissed her cheeks and left.

Chase was frazzled and confused. He drove directly to Queens out of impulse. He was nervous and scared, he was sweating a lot. Then finally he reached Drew's Body Shop. He parked his car, got out as everybody looked on. "Wow! That's a nice car." A man said. "Hey, I was wondering if I could speak to Drew." He asked. "Oh he's not here right now." The man answered. "Oh can you tell me where he is?" Chase asked. "Who are you, again?" "I'm Chase Everett, Drew's friend." "Oh okay maybe he's in his house." The man replied. 

Chase asked him directions and the man gladly gave it. A few minutes later he arrives in front of Drew's house and parks his car. His hand on the steering wheel and his head bowed down. He didn't know what to do or say he just went there. Then he went out of his car and made his way to the door step. He peeked inside the window and there he saw Allie sitting on the couch as Drew rubs her stomach and feeds her cookies. Chase hesitates on ringing the doorbell then leaves. 

Moments later, Scott emerges from the house and opens the front door. Scott sees Chase with his hands in his pocket going back to his car. "Hey!" Scott shouts. Chase turns around and stops walking. "I only know one guy that owned a car like that." Scott said but Chase didn't say anything. "You want to come inside?" He asked. "Weren't you just about to head out?" Chase retorted. "I know you didn't drive all the way here just to talk to me." Scott joked and Chase laughed. "C'mon, come inside." He added. 

Then Chase goes back together with Scott and goes inside Drew's house. As he enters the warm and humble abode he stood before the stairs and in front of the living room arch. Drew was the first to notice his presence and then Allie turned her head to see that it was Chase in the flesh. "What're you doing here?" Drew said in a protective tone. "Drew its fine. Help me up." She said as he grabs hold of Drew's arm and stood up. "Boys could you give us a minute?" She said and they followed. 

"I would really much appreciate it if we sit." Allie said and Chase still speechless, quickly stepped into the living room and sat across from Allie. He sat with his head bowed down and his hands on his forehead still not talking and looking at Allie. 

"Chase?" She said softly. "Are you okay?" He asked. "I-I'm sorry about earlier, I hope you didn't think that I-I was avoiding you or something." He said. "No worries." She replied.

Chase looked at her, "So how are you?" He asked. "I'm fine." She answered. "Are you happy? Are you good? Do you need something to eat?" He asked. Allie reached out for his hand, "Chase, I'm fine." She said. "So how many months have you been pregnant?" He asked.

"I'm five months pregnant." Allie said.

 Allie struggled to stand up and slowly walked over to Chase. Chase looked at her stomach and then stood up over towering her. He could feel her breathing on him, and he closed his eyes. All the memories came rushing back to him. 

"Chase..." She whispered. "Allie, I-I miss you." He whispered and then finally met her eyes. "Don't." Allie whispered. "When I saw you today, I-I just flipped. I haven't seen you in so long a-and there you were, standing with this," He said gesturing to her stomach. "a-and I just couldn't shake the thought that it was Drew's." He said. 

Allie shook her head and looked away, "It was so hard letting you go. I still love you, Allie and I came over here not knowing what to say or ask you but now it's clear." He said. "What did you come here to ask me?" Allie said now getting angry.

"Is this baby mine?" He asked getting teary-eyed. 

"Chase, I..." She got cut off. "Let's look at the facts, Als. Exactly five months ago, you and I went on a romantic trip to Fiji. Like all couples do on a romantic trip, they you know... So are you sure this baby isn't mine?" He asked.

"I think it's time for you to leave." Drew interrupted. Chase looks at Allie and saw that she was getting uneasy. "Can I at least give you a hug?" He asked and Allie nodded. So hugs her then their foreheads meet and he kisses her forehead then leaves. 

"Thanks Drew." She said softly. "I'm sorry to interrupt you like that. You know, sooner or later you're gonna have to tell him the truth." He said. "I don't think I can." She said. "When you're ready, Allie." Drew said and then leaves her alone in the living room. Chase leaves the house furious. He kicked the wheel of the car and was frustrated before going back to Manhattan.

Please don't forget to read my other stories:

- Summers With You

- In Love, With You, With US

- The Decision

- My Life Unnoticed

- The Divided House

- The Finest Hour

Please don't forget to vote for my stories too and comment, sound off, tell me what you think in the comments below. Please follow me and be updated for more stories that'll come your way. Thank you for reading!

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

2.3M 57.4K 24
Katherine Iris Thornton was getting married in two months but all she could think of was her university crush Aidan Flint Waldorf. Six years ago, the...
1.4M 46K 57
After Noah destroyed Emelie's heart, she spiraled into a deep depression. When he reappears years later with a very different version, she must decid...
281 27 14
Rain walker. You know that one girl in the books who always messes with the relationships because she wants the guy? Yeah that's her. Her exactly. Sh...
869K 164 6
Brielle Sutton is a good girl in her sophomore year of college. After surviving her brother's death, she's grown to love her quiet nights spent with...