The Diary Thief

By BefoundinHislove

Jamie is your average girl. She goes to school, has a loving family and cool friends. The one thing about Jam... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Jamie's World
Chapter 2 - Warts your problem
Chapter 3 - Mirror Mirror On the Wall (who's the fairest of them all?)
Chapter 4 - Just ONE ride!
Chapter 5 - The Nerve!
Chapter 6 - Love is in the LAIR?
Chapter 7 - April Fools! You're a Fool
Chapter 8 - Well....My Life is OFFICIALLY O-VER!
Chapter 9 - I said I was SORRY
Chapter 10 - Burn it down (not literally)
Chapter 11 - If only mum was here.....
Chapter 12 - Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
Chapter 13 - What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
Chapter 14 - Plan A: Tricking two bobble-heads with one phone
Chapter 15 - Ambrose Residence: Strike #1
Chapter 16 - Let's Gatecrash!
Chapter 17 - Plan B: The Bag Swap
Chapter 18 - Are you sure it's not a cu-
Chapter 19 - Plan C: Stealing and Blackmailing
Chapter 20 - Myth Busters
Chapter 21 - Catching a liar, liar, Room is on Fire!
Chapter 22 - Ambrose Residence: Strike #2
Chapter 23 - An idea comes when you least expect it.
Chapter 25 - Ambrose Residence: Strike #Free?
Chapter 26 - Secret Exchange
Chapter 27 - Leah Morris the mole, has fallen into the hole
Chapter 28 - There's always a backup plan
Chapter 30 - Confessions of a womanizer
Chapter 31 - The leech of Ambrose Academy
Chapter 32 - Luke Charming
Chapter 33 - The Truth hurts....more like Betrayal
Chapter 34 - Too early for a victory dance?
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 24 - A whole NEW look.

29 2 0
By BefoundinHislove

When Lisa said that I thought she was pulling my leg and soon she was pulling me into the car, into the shopping mall and we were going to some expensive girls’ shop for girls who are size 8 and below. I have no idea why I have to dress up like one of Precious’ friends.

The shop was called Fabulous because it sells fabulous clothes. I was dragged into the shop against my will. Lisa planned to raid the shirt section. I chose the jeans sections and I was standing next to this girl who was looking at me with disgust.

I walked away clearly not liking the way she was assessing me and went to find Lisa who was carrying a pile of clothes, some bags and other accessories.

“Ok, I have a picked a few, look through them one by one and wear them” she ordered.

I carried the pile of clothes and walked into the fitting rooms. I found a nice cream jacket with purple scarf. I found a flowery white top with purple petals at the bottom. I thought it looked plain but simple. I wore a pair of purple cowboy boots, purple bracelet and earrings. I walked out and Lisa shook her head. Even the girl that gave me a nasty look before was just shaking her head in dismay.

“What’s so bad?”

“It’s too plain. I mean this isn’t something Precious would wear or her friends” Lisa told me.

“This is simple” I look at my dressing

“Simplicity Jamie, my dear…… isn’t their style. Extravagant, excess and expensive looking is their style” Lisa explained.

I walked back in and looked through the pile. I chose a rose orang blazer with a white ribbon attached. I wore a white singlet and brown pants. I wore pink Ramona heels and finished it off with a brown bag with pink designs. I also had on a pair of pink studs. I walked out and Lisa shook her head.

“It looks nice” she said as she shook her head unsure.

“But what?”

“Precious likes pink and you can’t wear pink. No one can it’s like the ultimate rule for the group. You can only wear it unless you have permission.”

“Are you serious?” I exclaimed

“Does it look like I’m joking. You know how she is.”

I trudged back in and searched through the clothes. I went with a cream dress and polka dot scarf. I wore a grey cardigan on top and brown boots. I placed a gold flower in my hair and had on 3 bangles. I also had d drop earrings and brown sunglasses. I finished the look with a brown bag. I walked out and Leah shook her head.

“It’s too boring. It’s something my mum would wear.”

I was so frustrated and that’s how it went. It was too short, too long, too green, too yellow, too weird, too red, too this, too that. I might as well walk naked but I’m not going to do that. I didn’t know what to wear.

 “Try to think like Precious. What would she wear?” Lisa called out

I looked at the smaller pile and I decided to go with this. I wore a dark pink blazer with a dark blue top. I had light blue ripped skinny jeans and brown heels. I chose a blue bracelet, a pink watch and a cream bag that had Coco Chanel engraved on it. I walked out and crossed my fingers.

“Lisa Ambrose, if you tell me that it’s too- one more time” I warned her

“It’s perfect” she said

“Really” I asked

“This is something her friend would wear. They like bright colours that make them stand out. With the thick jewellery, the big bag…the whole shebang. This is it” Lisa analysed.

“Yes” I jumped up and down

“But you need to get the next two outfits perfect”

 “Why” I groaned.

In the end, I got two more outfits right. The second one was a white top with a pink scarf. Long denim jeans with a light pink waist coat. Pink peep toe heels, a white bag with brown and pink circles and some bracelets. The third outfit was plain but still elegant. I chose black tights with a black and tan striped jumper. I paired it with brownish boots, black sunglasses and a cream watch. I tied it up with a cream bag and black scarf.

I tried on a few dresses and then returned them. They looked really beautiful but I didn’t have the money. I was left to change and when I finished, I met Lisa at the register with a whole heap of clothes. She was about to pay when I smacked her hand. The lady at the cash register gave me a curious look.

“What” Lisa asked

“You can’t pay for all of them, it’s too much. I mean we needed three outfits” I reminded her.

“Yeah but they looked nice on you and I decided you can have all of them. Think of it as an early birthday present” she said

“It’s too much, you even added the dresses. Lisa I can’t let you pay” I told her

“Jamie, what’s that” she pointed. I turned around and the next thing I hear is a beep beep.

I turn to see Lisa already added her pin number and the lady was putting all the clothes in the bag. Lisa took the receipt and thanked the lady. I was really mad at her but I could stay mad at her for that long. I suck at sulking.

Lisa was taking me to a hair salon. The salon was called Max Factor. I followed her and waited at the receptionist hall.

“I booked an appointment under Ambrose” Lisa informed her

“Ah yes, right this way”

We followed the lady and she told us to have a seat. I saw Lisa, talk to the man holding some shampoo. The next thing I know, I was shoved in a swivel chair and had a plastic apron draped on me.

“Lisa, what is going on?” I asked

“You’re having your hair dyed”

“Ha..NO!” I tried to get up but she pushed me down

“Look Margarita will know who you are by simply staring at you. If you want to fool her, then you need to change your entire look. From head to toe” Lisa explained

“Fine” I sighed

“So what are we dying your hair to?” I heard a familiar voice

I turn around and see JJ. What the?

“JJ you’re a hairdresser?” I asked

“It’s the only job I could find” he shrugged

“I’m thinking blonde” Lisa suggested

“Yes, that would actually look nice” JJ shook his head in thought

“I’m thinking no” I told him

“Then auburn” Lisa thought

“How about brown” I asked

“How about bald” Lisa said daringly

“Okay obviously, we’re not going to agree so how about I choose the colour and you sit her and relax, ok?” JJ stated

“But.” I said

“Shh….let the master do his work” JJ said in a Mexican voice

He told me to close my eyes and he asked me to lean back in the sink. I heard him put some gloves on and started to open the tap. I felt some cold liquid in my hair as he started to wash my hair. He was scratching my scalp and rinsing my hair. Then he applied another round of shampoo and another.

After 20 minutes, he dried my hair with a towel. He then started to coat my ear and neck with some cream and it honestly made me feel ticklish. Although my giggling was distracting him from entering his ‘artistic zone’ or so he says. JJ grabbed a few strands of my hair and then I felt him painting my hair with his brush, then a piece of cloth was held around my hair.

Soon a comb was in my hair and I felt him start to separate my hair. It was a bit painful because he was so rough with it. It was as if he didn’t know that he was dealing with human hair and what it’s like to have someone tug it!

For a while I just slumped in my chair and kept my eyes still closed. It was so boring sitting in a chair and doing nothing. I actually wanted to fall asleep but I was anxious about what my hair would look like.

I don’t know how long I was there for but JJ told me that I had to keep my eyes still shut but also wait for half an hour for my hair to process. Oh lovely lemons! They played some music which was good and Lisa turned my chair around so I could watch some TV but it was mostly drama shows but I’m not complaining.

“Okay I think it’s time for the big reveal” JJ said. I closed my eyes and he turned my chair around.

“Okay in 3, 2, and a half, three quarters and-”

“JJ, just let her open her eyes” Lisa cried

“Open” JJ called

I open my eyes and I was shocked to see myself. I had my mouth hanging open and I was just trying to recover from the shock. I mean the colour is not what I had in mind and I was trying to picture myself with it. The first half of my hair was dark brown and the tips of my hair had my natural hair colour but lighter. No had is past tense. I have is the more correct term.

“Do you like it?” JJ asked nervously

“I….” I was speechless. Was it good? Was it that bad? Do I even know?

“She loves it and it goes with the green contacts I bought for her” Lisa squealed

“Contacts” I questioned.

“I knew she would, an artist like me, knows what he’s doing” JJ bloated

“Okay, I’m going to pay for it” Lisa walked off

I looked at my hair and felt it. I can’t believe it. I dyed my hair. Oh….I’m going to die. I got up and JJ quickly got a damp towel and cleaned the excess dye on my neck and ears. Lisa had a small bag.

“What’s with that?” I asked

“It’s just a little magazine about dying your hair and all the frequently asked questions. Oh and some shampoo and conditioner that work for dyed hair so that it doesn’t come out” She informed me

First the clothes then the hair…what next? We thanked JJ and he made us pinkie promise that we wouldn’t breathe a word to Andrealle. I rolled my eyes. JJ and his protection of his masculinity.  We walked out and went to the carpark. I looked at the time and it was 10 minutes to seven o’clock. I got in the car and so did Lisa. She started driving.

“Lisa, it’s almost seven o’clock” I tell her

“And…” she asks

“We were there for 4 hours” I tell her

“That’s usually on average how long shopping takes. Surely you’ve gone shopping with your mum or something” Lisa said while focusing on the road.

“We haven’t shopped together in a long time” I said and I nearly choked. Lisa didn’t notice though.

“Well you guys are missing out” she grins

“Yeah…..” I agreed.

***********

We arrived at my house shortly after 15 minutes. I got out of the car and I carried all my bags. I had like 4 bags on each arm including the hair products. I waved to Lisa and she told me that she would call me during the weekends and arrange for where to meet.

I rang the doorbell and blew out a breath. Zach opened the door and he was frozen.

“Are you going to let me in or let me freeze outside” I asked

“Yeah, sorry” he opened the door and I walked in. I decided to act as if I didn’t do anything.

“Jamie is that you, I was so worried about yo-” my dad just came out of the sitting room and stopped talking.

“Hey dad” I smiled

“Uh… Rosie-posy. I uh….are you feeling all right” dad fumbled with his words.

“Yeah, I’m fine” I told him

“Karen!” he called

I walked into the dining area and Karen turned around holding a plate full of casserole. When she looked at me, she dropped her plate.

“Jamie, what’s with the whole new look”

“Just felt like trying something different” I shrugged. I was about to leave.

“How dare you shrug your shoulders young lady. Did you ask me before you went ahead dying it black?” she asked

“I’m sorry Karen; it was the spur of the moment thing” I apologized

“I’ve been worried sick about you. I nearly called the police but your father said that you’ll be back and that you should be fine.”

“It’s called trust” I mumbled

“Did Jade put you up to this? Because Donald, I was warning you about her. She’s influencing her badly and she’s a low-”

“Karen, don’t say that about her and it wasn’t her idea. I chose to change my hair and FYI, Jade and I aren’t friends anymore if you haven’t noticed” I said

“Why what happened” Dad was shocked and I had the urge to not roll my brown eyes.

“Long story dad and I don’t feel like saying it now” I tell him

I run upstairs and I before I get to my room, Ashley opened the door. She stops in her tracks and she’s surprised. I didn’t say anything and went to my room.

I closed the door and changed into my pyjamas. I looked at myself in my dressing mirror. I look completely different. But maybe that’s what I need…….

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

289K 6.8K 45
We all have secrets. But the question is... What are they? Her father hates her. Her mother's dead. Only option seems to be is to get far away right...
Disturbed By Jose ✨

Mystery / Thriller

150 1 36
A broken home, an addict mother, a cheating father, a psychopath out on the loose, hidden family secrets, murder, blind love? You could live your lif...
240 10 11
Best friends brother. It's cheesy, trust me, I know. I just don't find it in me to care. Anna Amana doesn't share very much with anyone, including h...
40.1K 473 100
Just the life of a girl who may or may not be mentally ill. Care to take the journey with me?