Lost in Space

By MaxLesley

The war is finally over thanks to Allura's sacrifice. At least, that's what everybody thinks. What if the one... More

Chapter Two

Chapter One

28 2 2
By MaxLesley

"Maddison."

"Yes, sir."

"You're needed in Normandy's office right away."

"Yes, sir." The girl quickly made her to way to the general's office, contemplating why the general would need her. She couldn't recall any mistakes she had made or even think about a person who would complain about her to the general. Each step she took to the general's office caused her legs to tremble more and more.

As soon as she got to the office, she didn't even knock when all of a sudden the doors opened. She made her way in and stood across from the general's desk, "I was told you needed me, sir. Did I do something wrong?"

"No. It's the complete opposite actually." The general smiled slightly at her, "You're opinion on moving the ______ of the plane to the ______ finally helped the new plane to be functional. I have to ask, how did you know that was going to work?"

Maddison looked surprised as her lips pursued into a smile, "Oh... I... Lucky guess...?"

"No it was not. I was examining your scores in engineering and they're pretty above average."

"Oh... I-I didn't know."

The general rose an eyebrow and shrugged slightly, "Thanks to your help, we have now created an even more advanced plane than the ones the MFE pilots fly."

"I'm glad to hear that."

"We want you to fly it."

Maddison looked at the General in disbelief, "Oh... Sir... I... I don't know what to say."

"I've also examined your scores and reports on the simulator and since you were a kid, you were destined to fly."

"The simulator is like a video game though." She chuckled nervously, "I don't know if I'm prepared to fly a plane."

"You are ready. I know you are."

Maddison slightly nodded to the General. She didn't know whether she was happy or excited about flying. Yes, she had flown a plane before, but she would prefer to stay on the ground where it was safer and less life-threatening. "It will be an honor to fly it, sir." She said. Part of her was furious but the other part of her was glad she took the offer.

"Great. I'll see you tomorrow at 0900 hour."

"Yes, sir!"

Maddison walked out of the General's office as soon as she could. She sighed under her breath. Was she excited? Yes. Was she nervous? Of course. Did she want to go back in the office and refuse the offer? Yes. Will she do it? No. This was her one opportunity to have a small adventure. She wasn't a fan of them, but she could at least have one every now and then.

She made her way to the cafeteria where she found her pair of friends. Sara, the girl with beautiful blonde hair that complemented her bright blue neon eyes. She was always looking for adventure and her dream was to be apart of the Atlas team, even if it meant to be a cook. Then there was Megan. Megan had dark black hair that brought out her blood like eyes. She was the opposite of Sara. She preferred to be on Earth, at the Garrison, and training for danger, that's it. 

"Maddison! How'd it go?" Sara asked, smiling widely, "Why'd they call you in?"

"Oh... Turns out... I helped on making the most advanced plane functional. Crazy, right?" Maddison chuckled, "I'm honestly surprised they even listened to me to begin with."

"Wow!" Both girls said in unison.

"And... I'm flying it tomorrow morning."

"Awesome!" Sara giggled.

"What?" Megan said as she looked at her friend with fear, "Are you sure you want to do that? Is it safe? Are you even ready? What happens if your advice was wrong and it explodes as soon as you take off?"

Maddison stared at Megan with wide eyes. She didn't think about that before. What happens if there's a malfunction while she's on it. Does she know what to do? What happens if Megan is right? What if it explodes? 

"Stop scaring her, Megan." Sara rolled her eyes and faced Maddison, trying her best to give her friend reassurance, "You're going to do great. No matter what."

"Thank you, Sara." Maddison smiled warmly, pushing away the negative thoughts, "You too, Megan."

----- 

"She's a remarkably smart girl. Why didn't I come up with this?"

"Maybe because you were too busy with some other things." Matt chuckled, nudging his little sister.

"If by other things you meant working on making Allura's celebration perfect, then yes. I was too busy to notice my mistakes." Pidge rolled her eyes and looked over at Matt, "The Atlas will arrive tomorrow to pick up necessary supplies and me so we can head to Altea and commemorate her. I can't wait to see them again!"

"You really miss your friends, don't you?"

"Of course I do. I miss the adventures and the memories." Pidge sighed and shrugged, "But, most of all, I miss spending time with them. We only see each other every now and then and we're all busy securing peace in the universe."

"I understand." Matt nodded and set a hand on his sister's shoulder, smiling slightly. "So, are these new planes going to replace the MFE's ships."

"I sure hope so. Out with the old, in with the new."

Matt nodded, "Who's flying it?"

"According to General Normandy, the girl who provides us with the piece of information to make this ships functional. I believe her name is..." Pidge looked at her screen on top of her desk and nodded, "Maddison."

"Is she equipped to fly a plane?"

Pidge nodded, scrolling down on her screen, "Yea. There are some of the best scores I've ever seen."

"Better than Keith?" 

"Well... um... no, but better than mine. That's saying something." Pidge chuckled and looked over at her brother who rolled his eyes.

-----

"Well, good luck Maddison on your little flight tomorrow." Sara giggled, patting her friend's back in glee, "You have to tell me all about it as soon as you finish it. You know what, I'll sneak out of training to watch you fly!"

"You don't have to do that. Really."

"You need to have some sort of support and I want to be that support for you, Maddison."

Maddison was grateful to have Sara. They have known each other for quite some time and had a deep bond between them. They knew every little detail about each other. Details that nobody, not even Megan, knew about. They had met Megan not long ago and they were trying to incorporate her into their bond, but it was difficult to do so due to Megan maintaining a wall. 

"Thanks, Sara. I'd rather you not skip training, but I guess I do need that support. I'm sort of nervous. I'm even trembling just by the thought of flying tomorrow."

"Look, Honey. You'll do great. I promise. Now get some goodnight sleep so you can show off to the world what a great flyer you are!"

Maddison laughed and nodded stepping into her room before closing the door behind her.

"Tomorrow is going to be a great day. I just know it."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello. I'm MaxLesley and I love to get to know my readers in some way and mess with their brain through riddles at times, so I post a Question Of The Day (QOTD) or a Riddle Of The Day (ROTD) on each of my chapters. Sometimes they'll be simple questions ("What's your favorite color?") other times they'll be questions ending with "why?" or "explain." Just for fun. Don't have to answer them if you don't want to. ROTD is pretty explanatory.

Today, we'll have a simple question and I'll answer the questions too btw so you guys can get to know me too. 

QOTD: Who's your favorite character in Voltron?

My favorite character would have to be Lance. He goes from a goofball to a mature and serious person in under a minute and I love that. I also love how he's always there for his friends, no matter the situation. I wish I had one of those lol. I wish I had Lance...... Anywho! Lance is my favorite character.

Also, I'll try to post at least two times per week. Most likely on Saturday and Sunday.

Thank you for reading!

Don't forget to answer the question.

Love Ya'll!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

363K 17.7K 79
Kang y/n was always been the black sheep of the family. Overshadow by her extremely talented, gorgeous sister Roseanne . Who has the world revolve a...
711K 15.9K 44
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
521K 18.7K 94
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ’œ my first fanfic...