Of Love and Lies | Adrienette

By sapphire10fun

What if Lila really did destroy Marinette's life after Chameleon? What if her only friend... ...was Adrien? ... More

1~ Not Okay
2~ Lock and Run
~3 Never the Same
~4 Old Enemy, New Friend
~5 So Beautiful
~6 Sleepover
A/N (#2 in 'LILA')
~7 Movie Night
~8 A Kwami Interigation (Not Really)
A/N #1 in 'LILA'- AAAAAAAAAAH!
~10 I'm Here For You
11- Demandeur
12- Reveal and Recharge
13- Inner Battles
14- New Beginnings
15~ Daddy Issues
The Lies We Tell- Chapter One Sneak Peek
wut.
Miraculous Ladybug OLaL 50K Art Contest

~9 Good Morning, Adrinette

9.4K 246 367
By sapphire10fun

~Marinette Dupain-Cheng~

My alarm had gone off but I didn't care. I pulled the blankets over me, snuggling up against...

My eyes shot open. "A-Adrien?! "

Adrien was snoring, and I was sleeping next to him on my chaise, his arms around me. I heard a giggle, and saw Chloe sleeping on the floor several feet away.

The events of the night before came rushing back to me, and I remembered falling down the stairs, and Adrien and Chloe spending the night.

I felt myself turning red, my head on Adrien's chest. We was warm, and I didn't want to go to school yet...

I had only closed my eyes for a few minutes when someone was suddenly shaking me awake.

"Marinette? We're gonna be late for school if you don't wake up," Adrien smiled sheepishly, blushing at our awkward postion.

My eyes shot open again, and I sat up. "R-Right! Ha ha, sorry, Adrien."

"Theres nothing for you to apologize for. We fell asleep watching the movie, that's all."

I bit my lip, noticing he was blushing too. "Y-Yeah. Right."

I tried standing up, still a little dizzy from falling down the stairs the night before.

"Are you sure you can survive school today, Marinette? You definitly have a concussion. Maybe it's best you stay home."

"I-I'll be fine, Adrien. Thank you for your concern, though." I smiled.

Adrien shook his head. "Ok. but if you feel dizzy or pass out today, I'm bringing you straight back here so you can rest."

I nodded, blushing.

I went to the bathroom to change while Adrien tried waking up Chloe.

After getting changed, Chloe still hadn't waken up.

"Come on, Sleeping Beauty! Wake up!" Adrien shook her, but Chloe kept on drooling.

I smirked, getting an idea. "Adrien, let me try something."

I leaned down, trying not to laugh.

"If you don't wake up I'm going to tell Nathanael you like him," I whispered into her ear, laughing as her eyes shot open, a pillow aimed at my face.

I dodged the pillow but fell backwards, Adrien catching me, both of us laughing as an angry Chloe pouted, arms crossed.

"Stop laughing! It's not funny!"

Adrien snickered. "It's pretty obvious you like him."

Chloe turned redder then Nathanael's hair, standing up. "Shush. I'm getting dressed, I'll meet you two downstairs."

Chloe grabbed her bag and went to get changed, me and Adrien bursting into laughter as soon as she shut the door.

"I CAN STILL HEAR YOU!"

That just made us laugh even more.

-0-0-0-

~Adrien Agreste~

Once we had calmed down, me and Marinette went downstairs, Marinette staggering a few times on the way down.

"Are you sure that you'll be okay?" I asked after stopping her from falling again.

Marinette nodded. "If I feel dizzy, I'll tell you."

That didn't make me feel any better, but I let it go, not wanting to frusterate her anymore.

"We need to tell your parents, you know."

"They'll ask," She said, pointing towards the storage closet, which was spotless, no flour in sight. "If they clean, they ask."

Adrien gulped, not wanting to face her father's wrath if he blamed him, even though that probably wouldn't happen. Tom's a giant teddy bear.

They entered the small kitchen, the smell of bacon and a smiling Sabine greeting them.

"Good morning, Adrinette!" Sabine smiled, laughing.

We froze.

"MOM!" Marinette blushed furiously.

"W-What?! " I gaped, proably blushing as well.

"I just said good morning to you two," Sabine laughed, setting three plates of food on the table. "I'm assuming Chloe is upstairs? It's nice seeing you and her getting along for once, Marinette. Well, I'm going to be down in the bakery helping your father. We might come back up here before you three leave."

"Ok, mama." Marinette smiled.

Her smiles so adorable...

We sat down and talked (me cracking puns every now and then) fo a while, and our plates were almost empty when Chloe came downstairs.

"What took you so long?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

She shrugged. "Ladies things. Now, hurry up, Adrinette, we're gonna be late."

Again, what?!

Marinette and I were blushing as we headed downstairs, Marinette's mom and dad stopping us in the bakery.

"Marinette! Before you guys go, can you explain why there was flour all over the stairs?"

Marinette gulped, looking at me. I nodded reassurenly.

"I f-fell down the stairs,"

Sabine gasped, but Marinette shook her head.

"I'm fine, Adrien caught me, I just have a bit of a headache."

"I'll keep on eye on her, M. and Mlle. Dupain-Cheng. If anything happens me and Chloe will bring her straight home."

"Thank you, my boy." Tom smiled at me.

Sabine waved to us as we left, grinning widely.

"That went... awfully well." I blinked.

"My parents like it when your around." Marinette shrugged. "They're kind people, and they're very happy that your looking out for me."

I smiled, touched. "Well, it's true. I care for you, Marinette."

"Why though? Why me?"

"Because..."

Because I love you.

"...you don't deserve any of this, Marinette. Lila is a jerk for doing this to you. The rest of the class is blind."

"Hey!" Chloe pouted, crossing her arms as we entered the school courtyard.

"Except for you, Chloe. What I'm trying to say is that..."

Marinette looked up at me, eyebrow raised.

"...I lo-"

"Adrien!" A voice sqeauled, someone shoving Marinette to the ground and tackling me in an unwanted hug. "I have something to ask you,"

"AAAH!" Marinette hit her head, but was ok. Chloe rushed over to her.

"Not now, Lila." I said, shovng her off of me and kneeling next to Marinette. "Are you alright, Mari?"

Marinette nodded, holding her head as I helped her stand. "I'm o-okay. Just a little dizzy."

"Let's get you to class." Marinette tried walking, but almost feel on her face. "Lean against me for support." I suggested, blushing as she held onto my arm and lay her head on my shoulder.

We made it to class, everyone glaring at Marinette, but I noticed a hint of worry on Alya's face. Nino tapped my shoulder as we passed.

"Hey, Marinette, are you okay?" He whispered.

"Y-Yeah, I'm alright. I fell down the stairs yesterday and hit my head. Lila also pushed me over just now. I'm fine, don't worry! Just a little dizzy." Marinette laughed nervously, still holding her head.

Nino bit his lip. "Yikes! If you want, I can come by later and bring a movie or something. It'd be fun to hang out again. Maybe you'll feel better,"

Marinette smiled. "I'd love that, Nino. Thank you."

Nino shrugged, quickly pretending to be on his phone so Alya didn't notice that he was talking to us.

I helped Marinette sit down, and noticed that Chloe and Lila weren't in class yet.

"Is Chloe talking to Lila or-"

Suddenly, Chloe came in, a small smile on her face. An angry Lila followed, shooting a glare at Marinette.

Marinette gulped. "I wonder why Lila looks so mad."

Chloe walked up towards us, abandoning her spot next to Sabrina and sitting in the row nextto ours, where-

Chloe froze, blushing at the person in the booth. "H-Hey,"

Nathanael looked up, blushing a bit himself. "H-Hi."

Marinette laughed. "They're both idiots!"

"Is this seat taken?" Chloe asked, and Nathanael shook his head, moving his bag so she could sit down.

Ms. Bustier entered the classroom, begining the lesson.

Halfway through, however, Marinette suddenly gripped my arm.

"A-Adrien..."

"Yes, Mari- Marinette?" I asked, seeing her pale expression.

"I'm suddenly feeling... very... dizzy..." Marinette held her head, teeter-totering.

Marinette's eyes rolled into the back of her head, and she passed out, falling into my lap.

"Marinette!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29K 619 32
Lila Rossi manages to weasel her way into Marinette's classmates lives with lies and deceptions, that seemingly only Marinette can see through, even...
41.6K 1.7K 19
❝𝐈'𝐌 𝐌𝐘 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐄 𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐅 ππŽπ“ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 π‡π„π‘πŽ πŽπ‘ πŒπŽπƒπ„π‹ πŒπ„ π–πˆπ“π‡ 𝐇𝐄𝐑!❞ ──── where adriens falls in love with someone a quarter w...
857K 15.2K 45
"And Marinette, you're moving in with Adrien" One month... Thirty days... How am I gonna survive this? Adrienette βœ… Marichat βœ… Fluff βœ… No sin, smut...
3.5K 36 17
Story cover by @ladywinter777 on pintrest! All the pictures in the stories do NOT belong to me When lies have been spread and Adrien turns his back o...