Running From Insanity

By SamWinchester_Trials

**Set in Season 7** "You saved me once, can you do it again? -Min" ... More

I'm Amazed, Thank You
Prologue
1. I'm Too Tired
2. Two Mentals and One Doctor
3. Ghost of a Chance
4. Electroshock Therapy
5. Not All Hunters Are Normal
6. Magical Falling Books
7. Good Work, Mr. Fizzles
8. Drunk Eyes Matter
9. Battle Scars
10. Leviathans
11. Stood Up
12. The Van Ness House
13. Possess Me Twice, Kill the Winchesters
14. You Can See Me?
15. Mission Impossible
16. Infiltration
17. The Relentless Redhead
18. Fighting for Breakfast
19. Dumped
20. Reunited
21. Castiel
22. Advanced Placement
24. Crowley
25. Ghostly Anger
26. The Pink, the Girl, and the Hidden Room
27. About Bobby
28. The Truth Comes Out
29. The Monster Disagreement
30. The Blood of Our Enemy
31. Sister Constant
32. Solidarity Sandwich
33. Finally Home
34. The End of an Era
35. The Fall of a Hunter
And Scene
Running From Reality

23. Genetically Found

27 2 1
By SamWinchester_Trials

Once we're back inside, Sam had practically thrown Kevin down on Castiel's bed. Then both Meg and Sam had surrounded the poor kid. At first, they were trying to figure out why he couldn't let go of the tablet. Their theories had ranged from an obnoxious teen to a power hungry vampire. I guess the second made sense since he struck at night.

"You really stepped in it, kid," Meg sassed, her arms crossed. "Oh, man."

"All I know is, this is—it's for me," he finally spoke, calmer than he was when we first found him. "I'm supposed to keep it." He gently shifted the bag closer to his body.

"Good luck," Meg and I both muttered. She looked at me with a certain glee in her eye while I looked away at the sight.

"But you don't know what it is?" Sam started the conversation up again. Kevin answered by shaking his head. Then Sam thought for a second, nodded, and tried another route. "Open it."

Kevin slowly did as told, unzipping the bag and taking out two pieces of the broken Word. He looked at them curiously and fit the two pieces together. They fused together with a yellow light. My eyes widened at the partially fixed Word of God.

"Do that again," I demanded quietly. He did as told, grabbing the last piece and doing the same thing like last time. They combined with a flash of yellow light. Before any of us can say anything, he squints at the Word of God.

"It's writing," he stated plainly.

"Yeah. Yeah, we get that," Sam replied, sounding a bit bored.

"What's Leviathan?"

A sudden enthusiasm filled Sam's voice and actions. "What? You can read it? Is that what it says?" He sort of bounced on the balls of his feet.

"Sort of," Kevin wined, rubbing his eyes. "It hurts a little. Like looking through somebody else's glasses, but I think it... it's about Leviathan, how it came to be. God locked him up far away, right? Like in jail... because they're so..." all the color drained from his face while he looked up at us. "They're... They're real, aren't they?"

Sam looked down, trying to put the truth lightly. "Yeah, Kevin. They-they are. And they're here," he informed him. I looked away. They took my face. I wonder what my parents think, me working for Dick Roman. "Does it say anything about how to kill them? 'Cause that's-that's kind of been a problem."

"I don't know," the kid said. " It's not like reading reading. It..."

"It's hard to focus on?" I guessed. Sam and Meg both turned to me. I was leaning against the back wall, watching the scene unfold. I was caught in strange thought. Things like, how could the kid read it?

"Ye-yeah."

Not a second later the lights started to flicker. I looked at Meg to see her eyes were black. I closed mine and looked away with a frightened gasp.

"Sam. Something's up," she spoke.

"What?" Next thing I hear is Kevin screaming and bed springs.

I can't open my eyes to see what's unfolding in front of me. My shaking arms reach for my head, searching for my hair. My legs slightly give out, making me shrink down the wall. The pumping of blood filled my ears. My knees met my chest. It wasn't a panic attack, but pain. My chest filled with pain. My head filled with pain. And that pain spread, to my arms, hands, legs, and feet. My whole body felt like it was on fire.

When it all receded, my hearing was still impaired. A high pitch whine. When I opened my eyes, my eyesight had little flakes of black in it. Next thing I know, I'm getting thrown against a wall.

The plaster behind me breaks, and pain entered me again. I cried out on impact, then a grunt as I hit the floor. I look up to see two people, a woman and man, dressed in light suits glaring at us. Sam is the only one still standing.

The agonizing pain came back, forcing me into a fetal position. It's all over. This time more so my back. I can barely feel the tears streaming down my face at the pain.

WHAT'S GOING ON! WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME! My brain is screaming with alarms. Saying I'm hurt. Someone is nearby with a weapon. Someone has moved towards me.

It felt like it was going to explode. Pain and information overloading its core. I could feel every vibration on the floor, in the air, and even in the energy surrounding me.

A hand touching my shoulder made my arm shoot out at the person. They were suddenly off me like oil and water. I opened my eyes to see Sam laying on the floor across the room and all eyes on me. Kevin was screaming bloody murder about what was going on. My senses had come back with the contact.

"That makes sense," Castiel muttered. Meg smiled and a look of curiosity twinkled in her eyes. Dean looked at me angrily. Sam looked purely shocked.

Why are they staring at me?

I brought my hand back in towards my chest, my breathing off the charts. More tears fell down my face, I didn't know why, though. The memory of the pain still stung and it felt weird for it to be gone. How long was I like that?

"Melinda?" Sam's voice broke. His expression looked broken and sad.

"What makes sense, Cas," Dean growled at the angel. Castiel simply looked at him with a bouncy expression.

"I felt strange energy radiate off her when we first met. It's stronger now, now that her demonic genes have, to put it simply, turned on," he answered.

Demonic genes!?

"So, what? She's a demon?" Dean's hands were slightly shaking now, fury taking over them.

"Half demon," Meg answered, her mouth forming an open mouth smile. "That's why you stood up to me. Sure, you're scared of us, but that was before you got your head bashed in." How do you know that?! My face must've given away my thoughts because she answered with, "Cas told me everything."

"WHAT IS HAPPENING!?" Kevin screamed again.

It seemed like Dean had finally noticed the boy because he pointed at him with a shaky finger. "What is that?"

"Kevin Tran," I breathed, feeling my head spin. "He's in... advanced placement."

All went black.

~*~

"Her personality might be altered a bit. It happens to every demon. You think I was always this sarcastic?"

"Did she know?"

"I doubt it. You saw her, she was scared. Didn't know what was going on."

I groaned when I shifted. My whole body was sore from the pain I just went through. A cold hand placed itself on my arm. I flinched but didn't react, I didn't wanna throw anyone across the room like last time.

I opened my eyes to see Meg looking at me with worried eyes. My gaze shifted towards the floor to see legs under me. A hand stroked my hair when I realized who it was. My body shifted to look up with a smile. Sam was underneath me, holding my sore frame. When he smiled back, I could tell it was full of sorrow. He leaned down and kissed my forehead.

"Hey, sunshine," he whispered. I groaned in response. I was praying that Meg didn't say anything about it. Like God answered my prayers, she didn't. "I'm glad you're awake."

"Why," I groaned, closing my eyes and sighing. "I'd rather be dead right about now." The events of earlier flooded my head. Me being part demon. The thing I feared the most. Sam being scared of me. Dean being angry. And Kevin.

"Don't say that," he scolded me quietly. "I don't know what I'd do if you died." I chuckled.

"Well, you'd find a way to get me back," I answered, remembering his history. Dean had told me about his past relationships and how when someone died, Sam did his best to try and bring them back. They both did.

"True," he laughed softly. "We know why Kevin wouldn't let go of the tablet."

I opened my eyes again. "What?"

"The kid's a prophet," Meg scoffed. "He's hardly worthy to be one if you ask me." I shot to my feet, having an idea form in my head.

"Where's he now?" I asked. Then a pain filled my eyes, I rubbed them, slinking back down to the floor. I'd stood up too quickly.

"I'm gonna need to teach you how to control that," Meg stated, more for herself than for me.

"Control what...?" I breathed, looking up at her. Sam scooted towards me, wrapping an arm around me. I leaned my head against his shoulder, wanting him to never let go.

"This." Meg's pupils expanded until they covered her whole eye. I inhaled quickly, not expecting the black eyes. Then it hit me.

"Wait, my eyes are black?!" I squeaked.

It felt like an act of being scared. It didn't really surprise me or scare me at all. Meg smirked slightly, seeing through my facade. Her eyes returned back to normal.

"Don't worry, princess, I'll help you with it."

Then I thought back to my original worry, where was Kevin. I had a little idea sprout in my head; how to get rid of the demon inside. But I needed to talk to Meg first. Alone.

Never thought I'd say that.

"Sam," I started, slightly pushing him off me. "Do ya'll have any water?" He quickly stood up, leaving my side cold.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'll go get some." He then ran off, footsteps getting softer with each step.

That worked better than expected. Meg turned her focus on me, I'm assuming because she realized I wanted to talk to her. How though, I've got no idea.

"First off, how do I stop this," I gestured to my eyes. The pain was still there, but not as bad as it was before.

She smirked, then crossed her legs. "Easy, calm down. I can practically feel your hormones. Later, I'll teach you how to get them on command." As she said, I was worked up. I needed to see Kevin, alone, and see if there was anything on half demons in it.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I repeated a couple time before more pain, then nothing.

"Now, what has you wanting to talk to me?" her bouncy, sarcastic voice asked.

I opened my eyes and focussed back on her. "What effect will this have on me?"

"You know I love to see you squirm, but you really don't want to know." I stood my ground, crossing my legs and arms, letting her know I wasn't going anywhere until I knew. She sighed. "Okay, but don't tell me I didn't warn you.

"The demon and human halves of you are fighting for control. They're not mixing, not like with Yellow-Eyes' children—long story, don't worry about it.

"They're both fighting for control. Neither of them will win, though. They can't. You will always be part demon or part human."

"So...?" Meg's expression actually looked pained. Something I'd never seen before.

"Melinda... you're most likely going to die."

**This was not the road I had intended. But we needed to know what that dream was!**

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 45 9
This is a season rewrite with the reader inserted into the story. It starts at season 4 because that's when Castiel comes in. You were adopted by Bob...
9.1K 487 33
DeanxOC [AU] ~intense love story, enemies to lovers, forced proximity, trauma~ ~18+~ Dean is devastated, questioning himself and the whole world. Wh...
172K 5.6K 41
*in queue for editing* A huge thank you to @bloomedroses who loved the story so much that they made an amazing cover for me! I love it so much!! You...
17.2K 718 19
The exciting sequel to Without Grace (Book Two); It's been three years since she died. Three years since the angel's fulfilled their desire to rid h...