The Tenth Walker - Aragorn Fa...

By ieatalotofbooks

Sara is just a ordinary girl. She has heard of the Lord of the Ring books but never read one. But what happen... More

Prologue
I came, I saw and I left!
Grumpy beginnings
Why, What, How?
Where is my epic background music?
Les I'm Miserable
The fellowship of the Thing.
Go on a roadtrip, they said.
I may hate snow even more than my ex-boyfriend
I should've stayed in bed
Mama, I killed a man-creature-thing
In Which Everything Goes Wonderfully Wrong.
So Maybe I Am Not Okay
I Run On Spite And Fury
You Won't Believe This False Hope
Important Information; He Is Not Happy.
Meet My New Friend; Depression
This Is Too Intense
Time For Murder
I Am Taking A Break, Thank You Very Much.
I Thought I Had Seen Everything,
Can't Wait To Tell This Story To My Grandchildren.
They were once real men, now I am fighting again ghosts!
Dance Battle of Death
Doomsday or not; I am staying in bed
I die less than before
The most epic love story of all
Living life to the fullest - I mean it!
Bonus chapter: I almost peed my pants (and I wear a dress)
Bonus chapter: being seducive is hard work
Bonus chapter: vomitting in a bucket, very queenlike
Bonus chapter: I will always be here
Bonus chapter; His name will be Eldarion

Okay, Time To Be Serious.

4K 124 99
By ieatalotofbooks

We walk behind Théoden, as the soldiers carry his son's body his tomb. I am dressed in a black dress and I wear a black veil so my face is slightly covered. My hair is done by Éowyn, braided and with a golden circlet to finish it off. The people of Rohan are standing in rows to say the son of their king Farwell. I feel like I am an intruder. But luckily I walk next to Aragorn and after me are Gimli and Legolas and before me walks Gandalf. As we near the tomb, Éowyn who is already there, begins to sing a song in their language. And I can't understand it, but I have goosebumps all over. Silent tears roll down my cheeks and I feel Aragorn slipping his hand in my own. I dare not to look at him. But he squeezes my hand softly, letting me know he is here.

The soldiers carry Théodred's body in the tomb and close the door with a round stone. People begin to leave and my fellowship does the same. I see the king fall to his knees, silently crying and Gandalf standing behind him, leaning on his staff.

Let him grief.

My hands fly to my neckless Galadriel gave me. What if this gift, this special gift for me, is my way home. What if I get lost or killed? Someone has to keep it save. Aragorn sees my sudden panic. 'Sara?' We are standing near the Gate of the city, his eyes are full of concern. 'The neckless. I think her gift can bring me home. I think this neckless is special. And I was thinking, what if I die here? Like Théodred?'

'You are not going to die Sara. I – We protect you' He quickly says and I swear he is blushing. 'I want you to have it. To keep it save' His eyes grow wide. 'I cannot'

'Yes you can, and if I leave to my own world. Than you have something to remember me by' The words fly out of my mouth before I can overthink it. His face softens and he smiles.

Very cute.

'It would be a honor to keep your neckless save' With that I put my neckless of my neck and put it around his neck so it hangs under his tunic, hidden and save. I smile shyly at him and quickly embrace him. His arms find its way around my waist and he pulls me close. At the sound of people talking close by, the embrace is over and he releases me.

So this is how disappointment feels again.

After we return to the Hall of Meduseld, I go directly to my appointed room. Again I feel his gaze in my back. But I shrug it off and take my dress and veil and circlet off. I the corner of my room, there stands a basket with water. I take a cloth and begin to wash myself quickly. The cold water making me shiver. When I am clean, I wash my hair. Then I dress myself again in my underwear and my long tunic. I crawl beneath my blankets and my eyes flutter shut.

'Sara!' I wake up by Aragorn's voice. He stands next to my bed and pushes the blankets aside, only to back off as he sees that I am only wearing my tunic and underwear. His cheeks turn red and he looks quickly to the ground. 'We need you in the Hall. Gandalf and Théoden brought two young children inside'

I grin.

'You can look at me, you know. You have seen my ankles' I tease. Again he blushes but this time he looks me right in the eyes. His beautiful blue-greyish eyes. 'Are you coming?' He says now more seriously. 'Yeah, yeah. I am coming Dad' I tease again, but I see that he blushes.

Again.

He leaves me so I can put a pants on and my boots and I walk quickly through the corridors towards the Hall. 'They had no warning. They were unarmed. Now the Wild Men are moving through the Westfold, burning as they go' I hear Éowyn say when I walk into the Hall of Meduseld. I see the boys looking at each other in concern and I join them. Two young children are sitting by a table, eating if their lives are at stake. 'Rick, cot and tree' Éowyn adds. 'Where's mama?' The girl cries out as Éowyn turns to her to comfort her. Gandalf turns to the king. 'This is but a taste of the terror that Saruman will unleash. All the more potent for he is driven now by fear of Sauron. Ride out and meet him head on' The wizard states. 'Draw him away from your women and children. You must fight' He adds and Aragorn steps forward. His eyes are flickering with hope. 'You have 2000 good men riding north as we speak. Éomer is loyal to you. His men will return and fight for their king'

Éomer? What the man who saved and kidnapped me at the same time?

If I ever see him again, him and I need to talk.

Théoden gets out of his throne and walks to the middle of the Hall. Everyone in the room is following him with his eyes. 'They will be 300 leagues from here by now. Éomer cannot help us' He says wearily. Gandalf turns to him to speak, but Théoden stops him from speaking. 'I know what it is that you want of me, but I will not bring further death to my people. I will not risk open war'

Isn't war already?

'Open war is upon you, whether you would risk it or not' Aragorn's deep voice says as he also turns to the king. I see in the corner of my eyes that Éowyn is also looking towards Aragorn and an unknown feeling rises in my chest. 'When last I looked, Théoden, not Aragorn, was king of Rohan' The king says indignant when he turns to face Aragorn. 'Then what is the king's decision?' Gandalf asks as the tension in the Hall grows.

'We shall go to Helm's Deep' Is the king final answer.

What is Helm's F Deep?

As the people of Edoras are getting ready for the journey to Helm's deep, I do the same. I check all my things. Not that I have many. I have a new bag with spare clothes and put my green Elven cloak on. Then I braid my hair again and put the circlet Éowyn gave me on my head. It keeps my hair out of my face and I think it is fancy. 'Sara? Are you there?' Legolas. 'Yes' I call out. He opens the door and rushes into my room. 'Gandalf is gone. He is searching for Éomer and his men'

What?

'What do you mean, gone!' I shriek and turn to the prince. 'Just as I say. He is gone, searching for Éomer and his men. So we have a change'

'What change... A change on a quick dead maybe. And I don't want that! I want to go home!' I say when the tears are forming in my eyes. He sighs. 'Sara.. this was the only choice'

'Oh. So the only choice for us is just waiting on Gandalf and hoping be is coming back with Éomer and his men?' I raise my voice but the Elf is not impressed. 'And can someone explain what Helm's Deep is' I say now more angry. Because no one is telling me things around here. 'Do you know that you are cute when you are angry?' Legolas smirks. 'Just like a fairy'

He means it. He really means it.

'Ohh so you think I am cute when I'm angry? Well, get ready because I'm about to get gorgeous!' I shout at him as he chuckles and races out of my room. I pick up a pillow from my bed and thrown it after him. But he is already gone. With a defeated sign I sit down on the edge of my bed. Someone knocks on my door and I hope for Legolas that it isn't him. 'Sara' I hear a soft voice say. Éowyn? 'Yes' I call out and the door opens. Éowyn appears. 'We are ready to go.. are you coming?'

O bloody – yes of course I am coming. What do you think?

Calm down Sara. Breathe in and out.

I nod. 'Yes, yes. I am coming. Do you know where Legolas went?' A small smile appears on her lips. 'The stables. We have to hurry though'

I grab my bag and we rush towards the corridors through the Hall and we are outside. I see the people of Edoras already leaving and the boys are waiting by the gate. I look right at Aragorn but he looks away.

A sadness comes over me but I push it away.

Éowyn comes towards me with two horses. 'This is Wulf' A dark brown horse stands before me. He looks strong.

'Thankyou' I say when I mount the horse. I put my bag behind me and wait until Éowyn also mounts her horse. Then we gallop towards the boys. Legolas smirks at me and Gimli smiles. 'Are you ready for the journey Lass?'

'Yes Gimli' I say smiling. 'Good.. Good' Is his answer. I look again to Aragorn but he doesn't look at me.

What is wrong?

Did I do something earlier?

.We ride on the plains of Rohan and it is now in the middle of the day, but it is still cold. The wind is strong here. Gimli rides in front of me atop of Éowyn's horse and she leads him among the throng of traveling People. 'It's true you don't see many Dwarf women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they're often mistaken for Dwarf Men' He tells her and I see she smiles but also looks at Aragorn.

Again I feel this strange feeling.. Am I jealous?

'It's the beards' Aragorn's whispers and gestures. I chuckle and his eyes catch my own. He quickly looks away. 'And this, in turn, has given rise to the belief that there are no Dwarf women, and that Dwarves just spring out of holes in the ground' Gimli adds and Éowyn begins to laugh. I join them as I chuckle loudly. 'Which is of course ridiculous' Gimli continues but suddenly the horse rears up and Éowyn loses her hold on the reins. 'Gimli!' I yell as the horse gallops through the throng, throwing Gimli into the dirt. Éowyn rushes after him. 'It's all right. Nobody panic. That was deliberate. It was deliberate' Gimli shouts.

Oh Gimli.

I nod my head and look at Legolas. The elf is smiling at Gimli.

Have I ever. But it is true that the two of them are very good friends now. The journey brought the two races closer or so Aragorn told me. They used to hate each other.

They still do, except these two.

Someone gives a sign and we stop to rest. I mount of my horse and seek a place to rest with the rest of my fellowship. Soon we are all set and everyone is eating, Éowyn walks by, carrying a pot of stew. 'Gimli' She asks the Dwarf but he shakes his head. 'No, I couldn't. I really couldn't'

I thought he was always eating?

Éowyn continues walking upon she comes towards me and Aragorn. Legolas is with Gimli making a round through the makeshift camp. ' I made some stew. It isn't much, but it's hot' She draws Aragorn a bowl and a spoon and he takes it. 'Thank you' He says and then she offers me some. But I deciline. I have already eaten some elven bread from Legolas. I see that Aragorn takes a bite but he freezes and it looks like he is busy not to throw up. He swallows hard as he looks to Éowyn, who looks hopeful. I hide my face from her so she can't she me smile. '

'It's good' Is all he says. 'Really' She asks happily and walks away. Aragorn tries to tip the bowl so he can pour the stew onto the ground but Éowyn comes back and he pours something over his arm. This time I chuckle but she doesn't notice it. 'My uncle told me a strange thing. He said that you rode to war with Thengel, my grandfather. But he must be mistaken'

'King Théoden has a good memory. He was only a small child at the time' Aragorn answers and Éowyn kneels down in shock.

Wait, what?

'Then you must be at least 60' She says in wonder.

Whoa, that is not nice..

Aragorn chuckles uncomfortably and looks at me for help. But I don't know what to say. 'Seventy? But you cannot be 80!' Aragorn looks at her calmly. 'Eighty-seven'

Then he is the most beautiful and handsome grandpa I ever saw. Damn.

Éowyn's jaw drops and she stand, speechless.

'You are one of the Dúnedain'

I know what that is! Arwen told me about them.

Aragorn nods, humbly. 'A descendant of Númenor, blessed with long life. It was said that your race had passed into legend' She rumbles on. 'There are few of us left. The Northern Kingdom was destroyed long ago' He says in sadness. 'I'm sorry' She says and then smiles. 'Please, eat' She says with us, so he has to eat the stew she had given him earlier.

'I am sorry' I say when Éowyn is gone. Aragorn looks at me in concern. 'Why?'

'About her asking, I know she means it well' He chuckles. 'I know to, I know she fancies me'

Do you hear him...

'I noticed' Is all I say and turn away from him. I feel his gaze as he wants to say something. But he doesn't and he lets me walk away.

The next day we ride on towards Helm's Deep and Aragorn is avoiding me. I think it has to do with something I said the day before.

This man is so stubborn!

'Wargs!' I hear the man I know now as Gamling yell in the front. All the women and children begin to cry out in fear as the riders of Rohan race to the front to protect their families. Legolas, the elf he is, leaps from his lookout point and fires an arrow, felling the beast and throwing his rider to the ground. 'A scout!' He yells. Aragorn, who has mounted of his horse, runs back down the hill to the king. 'What is it? What do you see?' I hear the king say as I race on my horse towards them. 'Warg! We are under attack!' Then he rides towards Éowyn as I make my way to Aragorn. Legolas runs across the plain to the top of another ridge, overlooking a vast plain and I can see that over the next hill come a large number of beast with ugliest creatures on top, barking and kicking up dust as they ride. I look back and see that Théoden comes back to us and Éowyn is leading the people to Helm's Deep. I smile at her and then draw my sword. 'Follow me!' The king yells. He charges forward and his soldiers follow. Aragorn spurs Brego onward but he sees me also joining. His eyes bore into my own. I look towards Legolas and Gimli, racing towards the ugly creatures together with Théoden and his men and I want to go and help but Aragorn stops me. 'What do you think you are doing?'

'Fighting'

'I want you to go with Éowyn'

'Why are you avoiding me?' I say bluntly, ignoring him. He looks to the ground and then back at me. 'Because, because I think I'm falling in love with you, okay? That's why I am avoiding you' and with that the bastard is racing towards the battle.

He is what...

Breathe, breathe Sara..

In front of me the battle rages on. Aragorn is now with Théoden and together the deftly dispatch orcs with their swords. Swords collided and I hear the men scream. I have no time to think about what Aragorn just said because a filthy beast sees me and races towards me. I spur Wulf forward and our swords clash. I behead the ugly creature with one slice and it's head falls to the ground. Again my vision is red and everything goes automatic.

When the beasts are retreating I see that Legolas walks across the field. 'Aragorn!' he calls out. Fear comes over me and I dismount Wulf, running towards my friend. 'You can't find him?' I asks with panic in my voice. 'Aragorn?' I hear also Gimli call out. The three of us approach the edge of a cliff. An filthy creature lays there, chuckling. Gimli holds his axe threateningly over his head. 'Tell me what happened and I will ease your passing'

'He's ... dead' The creature says with difficulty and then laughs. 'Took a little tumble off the cliff'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

400K 10.3K 32
War is brewing, and the people of Middle Earth are preparing for it. Among them is Averael: a Ranger from the North, and one of the last of the Duned...
85.1K 2.8K 49
The last battle will happen soon. so many things will happen for Niphredil and she will feel Sauron's power more. Can she survive? will they win the...
281K 7.8K 36
Farren and her brother Aragorn have wandered Middle Earth for the best part of a century, however with the discovery of the One Ring Farren is thrown...
54.8K 1.3K 24
Alastegiel is the daughter of Saruman. And no he is not a most loving dad. She escapes him and joins the Fellowship! In a fight between good en evil...