No Boys Allowed

By DelilahRavishing

A story about two lonely girls, Elena and Natalia, growing up together who become best friends. As they bega... More

No Boys Allowed
No Boys Allowed
No Boys Allowed
No Boys Allowed
No Boys Allowed
No Boys Allowed

No Boys Allowed

34 2 2
By DelilahRavishing

                                                                                         2

Soon Elena's sixteenth birthday arrived. Natalia and Elena decided to cook a celebratory dinner. Elena had a love for cooking and since Natalia was so controlling she had never complained about cleaning up afterwards. Since Elena had a definite love of cooking she was contemplating on making it a career. Elena's mother was not a great cook and let Elena do most of the cooking that day always with Natalia's help, of course.

Elena's mother expressed that she had wanted her to go to college but Natalia attempted to persuade Eleana into going into a catering business together instead. Elena mentions to Natalia that her mother dosen't think that's a very good idea. Eleana asked Natalia if she ever wanted to leave town. Natalia gives her a nonchalant anwser and says that they could skip college and simply move to a city and live a wild lifestyle enjoying the nightlife. Although Elena was slightly tempted by the idea, she knew her father would be terribly upset with her and that college was the better option without a doubt. Natalia reluctantly agrees.

College showed differences between them from the begining. Elena struggled to pass every test and studied hard, never earning more than a B grade, while Natalia skipped classes, never studied and passed every exam. After freshman year, Elena knew she wanted some vacation time. Natalia decides she wants to go to Hawaii Elena begs her parents for money so she can go along too. That vacation changed Elena's life in more ways than one. The first change was Natalia. So, after getting of the plane in Honolulu Elena notices right away how pale and sick Natalia looks and and they go to a hospital nearby. Then they discover that Natalia has apendicitis and would need immediete surgery and several days of hospital stay. Elena sits in the same old chair she had been sitting for hours all afternoon feeling bewildered and thinking of all the times Natalia had been there for her in tough times. Now Elena felt strange in a a city that was unfamiliar to her where she didn't know anyone and was unsure of how to get to the hotel that was booked in advance.

A tall, slender, dark haired stranger with hazel eyes in operating scrubs seemed to break Elena out of her worrisome thoughts. " Excuse me miss, are you allright ? I noticed you've been sitting there a while. " he asked out what seemed genuine concern.

Elena seemed flustered at first and said, " Yes, I'm fine. Thank you for asking. " Her eyes swiftly scanned his nametag which read, Andrew Carmichael, Medical Assistant.

"I know you have a friend in surgery and could show you where her room will be once she gets out. "

Elena starts to say, " Yes, that's fine. " but can not seem to hold her composure for long for being concerened over her her friend. She tried hard to hold back tears she didn't realize would come at any minute.

He sat next to her in an empty chair. " Take it easy, " he said calmly.  " You seemed overwhelmed. "

Feeling embarassed, she tried to convince Andrew she was just fine. She glanced at her watch and tried to think of a definite plan. He glanced at her suitcase and Natalia's and assumed she had arrived in town as a traveler with her friend, which were set aside on the other side of Elena's chair.

" You just arrived in town, havn't you ? " he gestured towards the suitcases.

"Yes. " she said

" Have you been to your hotel yet ? I'm about to get off duty and can give you a ride to your hotel and and help you get settled in. "

They both picked up a suitcase and walking along for a moment, Elena stopped to ask, " Why are you doing this for me ? "

" Believe it or not, I happen to be a nice guy and I think you're cute. "

Elena blushes and hopes he dosen't notice. She smiles to herself thinking, Did he really just say that I was cute ? Things seem to be looking up. Andrew brings her to her hotel and later takes her out to dinner at a restaurant. She readily accepted after not having ate anything all day, not to mention the late afterrnoon started nearing five in the evening and she found herself looking foward to his company, even though she barely knew him. She also thought about how she had left the state of Virgina that morning feeling, shy and insecure in the company of her best friend, Natalia, and was now not so much alone in the company of an attractive medical assistant and was very happy.

By the end of the evening, after immensly enjoying Andrew's company during dinner a a restaurant called Orchids. They took a leisurely stroll throughout the city. Simply put, she knew and felt it was the beginning of love for her for Andrew. Sheer, strong instinct from within her told her he was the one for her heart felt entwined with his.

The next day she visited Natalia at the hospital. It was difficult to hide her ecstatic nature while showing concern for her at the same time. From the moment Elena walked in the room  she carried herself as if she was radiantly happy about something but  was also  there as a friend checking on a friiend's  wellbeing. Instead Natalia expressed concern for Elena instead of being concerned for herself.

" I was worried whether or not you had managed to get to the hotel allright, " Natalia said in a weak sounding voice.

Elena was surprised at Natalia's concern. " Why worry about me ? You're the one who had the emergency surgery. "

" I know how you get though, Elena. So, did you make it to the hotel ? "

" It al became very simple after meeting a kindhearted medical assistant who happenned to be a stranger yesterday but offered to help me out yesterday and even took me out to dinner. "

Natalia's eyes widened in surprise.

" Who was it ? Lila, the one from the emergency room ? "

" No, his name is actually Andrew Carmichael. " she said with a beaming smile.

" His name is Andrew ? " Natalia asked. " I can't believe you met a guy already and had dinner with a complete stranger. "

" I'm sure he just felt sorry for me and was just trying to help me out and noticed I had just arrived and didn't know my way around. "

" Oh, I see, " Natalia said. " So he just took you to the hospital cafeteria to eat, right ? "

"No, he actuallly took me to a classy restaurant and we had a nice seafood dinner. " She then started relating to her how the rest of the evening had transpired with Andrew. By the time Elena was finished describing her eveing with Andrew she began to noticed how tired Natalia appeared to be. She started to leave and said she'd be back to visit her later in the evening.

" It's not even afternoon yet, " Natalia said. " What will you do all by yourself ? "

" I don't plan on spending the whole day by myself. It's Andrew's day off today and he promised to show me around the best parts of the city. " Elena said prompmptly before Natalia could say another word to dissuade her.

For the next three days Elena spent every spare moment she could with Andrew. She almost felt ashamed at how dissppointed she'd feel about having to spend with time with Natalia after it came time for her release from the hospital. On the first evening out with Natalia Elena took her out to dinner at Vit's Hawaiian Restaurant, a place Andrew had recommended. They both ordered crab wontons for appetizers and Elena had the seafood linguine and Natalia had top sirloin steak and both had diet Pepsi to drink. Natalia appeared to barely have an appetite at all and picked at her food disinterestedly. She made a comment towards Elena that she'd rather eat something she cooked instead.

" It can't possibly compare to what they serve here. " Elena said.

Natalia laughed. " Someday when we open our own catering business together, you'll eat those words. "

Elena couldn't help but smile and simply said nothing. She tried to contemplate how could Natalia sound so sure of the future with them working together when Andrew had just come into her life and changed everything. Andrew had been considerate and left Elena in the company of Natalia, thinking they could use the quality time together since they were best friends on vacation. After being only a few days of being apart it became very difficult being away from Andrew and not being able to spend time with him. Especially since all Natalia wanted to do was spend most of her time on the beach soaking up the sun. After three days consisting of only to speaking to Andrew on the phone, Elena found the courage to suggest they all three go out for dinner. Elena was looking for any reason to spend with Andrew. She just had to see him.

Natalia relunctantly agreed with her with absolutely no enthusiasm in her voice. Andrew ended up taking them to a restaurant that served Asian food called the Moon Garden Restaurant. As soon as they arrived and found a table with a nice setting they seated themselves. Elena and Andrew sat on one side while Natalia sat directly across from Elena facing them. Natalia began sizing Andrew up while looking at the menu.

" Nothing will be as good on that menu as what  Elena can prepare. " she said.

Andrew just smiled. Elena just melted and looked at him adoringly, feeling like the luckiest woman in the world to have such a man by her side. " So, cooking is is one of your many talents, too ? " he asked, while reaching down and lightly squeezing her thigh.

Natalia glared at Andrew. " Someday you'll hear about our famous catering business in gourmet cooking magazines. " she explained as if it were a fact.

" Really ? " Andrew asked as he looked to Elena.

Elena started to reply before Natalia interupted. Andrew and Elena hadn't discussed her cooking at all. He knew nothing about future plans Natalia and Elena had made that seemed so long ago and plans that Elena never quite took as seriously as Natalia wholeheartedly did. Afterall, plans sometimes changed when circumstances became different. Nothing was ever written in stone. Natalia seemed to be fixated on those future plans they had talked about in the past as if they were set in motion and were to come true no matter what.

" Yes, " Natalia said with a firm smile in place. " When we're finished with college we're going to open our own catering business. "

" Are you certain that's what you want to do with your life ? " he asked Elena as he pulled her closer to him.

Elena giggled and blushed, feeling self conscious all of a sudden.

"Yes, of course, that's exactly what she wants to do. " Natalia said in a firm voice.

Andrew remained a gentleman and kept quiet.

" We've known each other our whole lives, " she said while keeping her gaze serious on Andrew. " We're gonna marry two guys who have been best friends all their lives, lived on the same street and when we have children, our kids will play with each other. "

" I see. Seems it's all well planned out. " Andrew said.

" But that won't be for a long time from now. " Natalia added just as their meals were about to be served.

" I wonder if it will happen just as the way you describe, Natalia. " he said as he arched his eyebrows and proceeded to heartily eat his meal.

Natalia looked sharply in his direction but kept silent. By the end of the meal, it seemed as if Natalia was feeling tired. It had only been a week since she had had the surgery and been released from the hospital. For that reason, Elena headed right back to the hotel to with Natalia. As soon as they arrived at their hotel, Andrew showed up in the lobby and surprised Natalia by asking if he could take Elena out for the night for an evening of dancing and mentioning how they hadn't seen much of each other in a few days.

" Why not ? We're only gonna be here for a few more days. Might as well have all the fun you can get, Elena. " Natalia said.

What Natalia had said to Andrew surpised Elena. They actually agree on something, thought Elena. After dancing the night away for hours Elena went to Andrew's place for the first time. It wasn't anything either them had planned. It was just something that felt completly right between them. Even though it been a short time, she knew without a doubt that she loved Andrew and she was certian he felt the very same. Andrew was the gentle, giving lover Elena had imagined him to be. After hours of endless lovemaking, she lay spent in his arms. She felt completly content and loved.

" Sleep here tonight and I'll bring you home in the morning. " he said as he kissed her tenderly.

Elena accepted his offer with no hesitation. By the time next morning rolled around and Elena arrived back at the hotel, she was in a hazy daze of feeling completly euphoric. However, Natalia's mood was furious as a volcanoe erupting. Elena entered their hotel room not expecting such negativity. She wasted no time unleashing her furious words at Elena.

" You don't even know this man or the first thing about him ! " Natalia fired at Elena.

" I believe I know him very well. " Elena said, secretly smiling to herself.

" Did you at least use protection ? "

She's starting to sound like my mother, thought Elena.  ?  What the hell is her problem ? " Of course. " as if it had been her idea.

" Well, it's still crazy the way things have happenned between you two. You're in over your head. Once we're home, you'll look back on this experience and know I'm right. "

Why can't she be happy for me ? thought Elena. Elena stared at Natalia for a long moment contemplating whether she should tell her what happenned between her and Andrew. Natalia was so angry at the moment. At the sight of Natalia's temper, she decided not to and "escaped " to the bathroom to take a shower. As soon as Elena showered she came out with a towel wrapped around her preparing to dress and sat on her bed. She grabbed a towel from the dresser by her bed and began to towel dry her long blonde hair and glanced over at Natalia. Her demeanor seemed to have calmed down.

" I'm sorry I blew up at you earlier, " Natalia apologized as Elena finished drying her hair, returned the towel the bathroom and started to dress.

She began to brush her blonde tendrils.

" I was worried when you didn't come back by sunrise. "

Elena placed her hairbrush on the dresser and admired her curvy figure in the mirror and began applying making, wondering if Andrew would like her in her new blue sundress that defined her figure we'll. When she was finished she slipped on some sandals.

" You know I was with Andrew, " Elena reminded her. " There was no reason for you to blow up at me. "

" I just overreacted. That's all ! " Natalia said defensively.

" C'mon, let's have one more wonderful day in Hawaii together. "

Elena smiled to herself and thought to herself, This may be your last day in Honolulu but it won't be mine.

All throughout the day things seemed to go pleasantly enough and Natalia seemed to be enjoying herself. As a matter of fact she seemed happy it was just the two of them. Right before six that evening Elena reminded Natalia that Andrew would be picking them up at the hotel. Natalia didn't have anything negative to say and didn't sneer either. Elena took that to be a positive sign. When Andrew a arrived that evening at the hotel room he walked right past Elena and asked Natalia if she had heard the good news from Elena. Panic began to rise in Elena. She realized she should have told Natalia earlier.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 99 10
Zick and Elena were best friends until one day. Another new girl showed up in school, who would've known this new girl will cause such gigantic probl...
2.5M 123K 60
Book 3 of The Fated Chronicles Nikola Amorenia has only ever known one thing for certain throughout his entire life - that Hagen Calderon was his. Hi...
208 27 36
A loving romance and tragedy of two lovers who think they know all about each other. Young Erica and Derek are in a passionate relationship until one...
444 12 11
A friend group introduces a new member and they face some challenges on the way.