The Doctor Meets the Vampire...

By talitypanda

Rank #1 in bloodlust! 10/09/19 Rank #1 in vampireseverywhere 04/09/21 Rank #1 mystery thriller! 04/20/2022 Mo... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Greetings Humans!!!
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Questions
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Apologies
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Hello Ghost Readers
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Complete
AN
Apology and Appreciation

Chapter 13

1.7K 68 5
By talitypanda

✴ Monique ✳

Everything was unclear. Even their faces were unclear.

"Take her please. She has to live!",the woman with a very long dark brown hair pleaded handing something wrapped in a white cloth.

"B-but..",another woman with a short raven hair spoke.

"Please take her as far away as possible! Protect her at all cost!",she pleaded and left the woman with the raven hair standing while holding the thing that was wrapped in a white cloth. She was crying. She was scared.

"RUN J**NA!!!",the woman who left screamed from a distance and there was a loud banging sound.

The raven haired woman ran hugging the thing with the white cloth. She ran with all her might and didn't look back.

Light....

❇❇❇❇❇❇❇

I furrowed my brow.

I felt so tired and my body ached. I opened my eyes and noticed that i was facing the mattress with my face on the pillow. Why am i sleeping in this position? I felt like having a stiff neck already. I tried to move but my body felt heavy. I tried to move my hand but something was holding it.

Lucas...

What is he doing here? And where am i? This is definitely not my room. I looked back at Lucas who is sitting on a chair while his body was leaning on the bed using his arm as his pillow. He looked so tired and his hair was a mess.

I don't know what's with this guy but he makes me feel safe and comfortable. I slowly pulled my hand and was about to sit down on the bed when I noticed that i was wearing a different shirt. It was light blue but still oversized. I looked down and noticed that i was wearing a boxer. My whole face heated and i felt embarrassed.

I tried to move to sit properly but i winced then noticed some bandages, cottons and the first aid box lying on the floor. There was the trashcan which was filled with bandages and cottons stained with blood. I pulled the tshirt and realized what actually happened.

Lucas...once again...helped me.

I looked at him carefully and leaned slowly ignoring the stinging pain on my back. I smiled as i reached out to touch his hair. It was so soft. I combed his hair lightly hoping it wouldn't wake him up and a smile curved from his lips.

I pulled my hand away but he caught it. Damn his vampire skills!

He yawned and twisted his neck a little from left to right then looked at me.

"You should have called me to assist you. You're not yet fully recovered",he had this worried look holding my hand tightly.

"I'm so sorry. It's just that you looked adorable while sleeping."--- holy crap! It's too early in the morning and here I am flirting! I can't believe myself! Did i just said that out loud!? This is getting too embarrassing! Adorable!? Am i running out of adjectives? Ha ha. Nice one Monique! You suck!

He chuckled and sat beside me then tucked some strands of my hair behind my ear. He leaned closer, "are you alright? Did you catch a fever or something?"

I stared at him and he chuckled again.

Damn so sexy!

"You're face is turning red.",he whispered.

I gasped and covered my face with both hands. He laughed at my reaction and wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me to his chest. He hugged me gently, careful enough not to touch the injured part. I felt shocked for a moment but then I felt comfortable and I sighed in relief clutching one hand on his white tshirt on his chest while the other was wrapped on his waist.

"Luc?",i stared at his shirt.

"Hmmm?",he looked at me the combed my hair. It was soothing and i closed my eyes.

"How did you know i..um...",i felt slightly embarrassed remembering that he was the one who changed my clothes.

"I felt it.",he replied then buried his face on my head.

"How?",i asked looking at him.

"Remember when you let me drink from your blood?",i nod.

"The moment your blood entered my system, i suddenly felt some sort of connection to you and that's why i know you were hiding something.",he combed my hair again with his fingers.

"So if a human feeds their blood to a vampire, they form some sort of connection with each other?",i began to wonder. There's still so much to learn about vampires.

"Nope. Ours is somewhat special.",he smiled.

"Really?",how come it's special? Why? I've got a lot of questions to ask him but i think i'll save it for some other day. I want to enjoy this moment i am having with him.

"I'm sorry for being a jerk back then. I know i scared the shit out of you but i regretted what I did. I was wrong about you. I shouldn't have judged you immediately.",he let go of me which made me a bit upset but he never let go of my hand.

With my free hand, i caressed his cheek and looked at him in the eyes. He was truly sincere which made me happy. "Do i look scared from you right now?", He shook his head "no".

"Yeah, you did scare me back then but the funy thing is, you saved me which proves that you care. And i never regret the decision of giving my blood to you so don't you ever feel bad about it.",he was going to protest but i covered his lips with my hand. "It's okay. Past is past. Let's try to move on, start fresh, okay?",i assured him and he sighed.

"Also i'm sorry about...",now he's face was turning red. "...the clothes...",he avoid looking at me and instead he looked up at the ceiling then down to his lap tapping his fingers.

"I'm mad",i wanted to tease him and yes it was effective. He looked at me with wide eyes then i laughed. "I was just messing with you. Actually, i'm not".

"You're not?",he still couldn't believe me.

"Yes. Afterall, you have good intentions in doing that. And you never took advantage of the situation so, yes, i'm not mad at you, we do that to some patients in an unexpected events too like some accidents. And i know at times like that, we had to do what is right..so there's nothing to be so over acting about it...though i was a bit embarrassed...",i bit my lower lip and looked down.

He chuckled..

Really, the way he do that was way too sexy in my ears....

"Swear, I didn't stare...well...a little...",he teased and i slap his chest but he just laughed.

I am so happy right now...

I wish it would last long...

                   ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇

We went downstairs to have breakfast. Argus and Leo were already there holding silver goblets filled with blood.

When they noticed us coming into the dining room they both stopped and looked at me like there was something written on my face.

"Stop it. You're creeping me out!",i snapped as we took our seats to join them. Luc sat opposite to me beside Leo and I sat beside Argus.

"Now i noticed.",i studied Lucas face carefully. He furrowed his thick brows while sipping his breakfast. "You look totally different Lucas."

"Oh, really?",he smirked then placed his goblet gently on the table.

"Yes. You look....healthy....well,...hmm...enhanced...",i stopped. I don't want my tongue to betray me from saying handsome. Yeah, he became more handsome...gorgeous,charming,call it whatever you like but i'm pretty sure his features changed.

Leo elbowed Lucas and he chuckled.

"You should see yourself too, Monique.",Argus turned his chair slightly enough to face me.

I raised a brow at him and he smiled so wide that it could reach towards his ears.

"I...uhm...can I go to the kitchen? I want to see Maria.",i need a break from hanging out with these gorgeous but creepy vampires. They've been having these weird looks at each other or some kind of communication technique that only they could understand.

I stood up and went to the kitchen. I could feel their gazes on my back. Ugh! Creepy.

"Maria!!!",i rushed towards Maria who was arranging some mugs on the counter.

"Oh, dear....",she hugged me then let go and gave me the same "something's wrong" look on me. And said: "You looked...different."

See! Told you!

I rubbed the back of my neck and leaned my arms on the counter with Maria on the other side. "You guys had been telling me that.",was there something wrong with my appearance? Did I became paler? Skinny? Malnourished? Or was there a scratch on my face?

"How'd you heal that fast Maria?",it would be impossible for a human especially on her age to heal that fast. Last night she was lying on the bed with some IV's and now she's fully recovered and back yo work!

"Leo gave me some of his blood.",she took a glance at me then smile while pouring some orange juice.

"Really? So tell me, what did you feel?",could they feel the same when Lucas had my blood?

"I felt energized and my wounds healed.",she simply stated while giving the juice to me.

"That's it?",so Lucas was right. Ours was different.

"Tell me dear, did Lucas feed you with his blood?",she looked at me and smiled.

"I don't know. I can't even remember. But, i gave Lucas my blood.",now that's confusing. I did felt different when I woke up. Did he feed me his blood?

So i told her what happened and how i fed Lucas with my blood.

Her face was filled with amusement and joy.

"Bacon and eggs are ready!!!",Ron yelled from the kitchen then stopped to look at me.

"Will you guys please tell me what's wrong with my face!",i was starting to get irritated with all these weird looks that they're giving to me.

"You looked different Doctor.",he looked at me from top to bottom.

"Oh please spare me the details will you Ron? And just call me Monique!",i swear i'm 98% close to being pissed right now.

"Hmm...",he placed a hand on his chin. "Everything about you was enhanced. You looked prettier. You should see yourself in the mirror if you like.",he smiled then left.

I stomped my feet going out from the kitchen to the dining area where the handsome creeps were talking.

"Is there any problem Monique?",Lucas asked worried.

I gave them my power glare then rushed to my room.

And how was I able to identify my room? Well I just placed a green rag just outside my door and viola! Behold! My hard to find room!

Third person POV...

She was stunned by what she saw. They were right. Her hair become darker and thicker. Her eyes had this weird glow which was emphasized by her thick curve lashes. Her lips were more plump and had this reddish shade instead of pink and her skin color was more enhanced....she looked...beautiful...younger and healthy? Or more like glowing all over!

Now she was confused.

So this is how vampire blood works... Then what about Maria? She had her transfusion too! But she only healed and nothing else. And Lucas, he looked different too. What's going on?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 8.4K 9
WARNING‼️This book contains abstruse topics such as Dark Love, Abuse, Violence etc if you are not comfortable with the above please feel free to swip...
WAS IT ALL FAKED? By A.K.

Mystery / Thriller

542 25 6
Travis Orleans is a 26 years old mafia, who is arranged to marry his father's close friend's daughter, Ray Lauder, a 23-year-old sensitive, naive, an...
827K 60K 44
(DARK ROMANCE THRILLER) Millicent Davis hates her life with her uncle and jumps at the chance to work for the famously rich and influential family Mo...
1.2K 277 42
Rogue lives in a society where strength means worth. Inequalities between classes is evidently rampant, cripples are labeled as worthless people It...