The Spawns

بواسطة DarknessAndLight

The Spawns are back in town. With Cole and Jayden freshly out of their first year of University, Lilibeth in... المزيد

The Spawns | Preface
The Spawns | Chapter I -- The Correct Term Is Hangover
The Spawns | Chapter II -- You Hug Me, I Punch You
The Spawns | Chapter III -- The Prodigal Son Is Back
The Spawns | Chapter IV -- Screaming Rape Would be Inappropriate
The Spawns | Chapter V -- Let's Talk About My Unrequited Love
The Spawns | Chapter VI -- The Concept of Prince Charming
The Spawns | Chapter VII -- Stop Humping the Lamp Pole
The Spawns | Chapter VIII -- Rainbows Flying Out of Our Asses
The Spawns | Chapter IX -- My Will Power Crumbles
The Spawns | Chapter X -- What Do They Teach You at Nun School?
The Spawns | Chapter XI -- The Question Sort of Answered Itself
The Spawns | Chapter XIII -- Stop Flirting With My Cousin
The Spawns | Chapter XIV -- They Don't Condemn Skinny Dipping
The Spawns | Chapter XV -- All Kinds of Mixed Up
The Spawns | Chapter XVI - A Love Story Worth Writing About
The Spawns | Chapter XVII -- My Heart to Break
The Spawns | Chapter XVIII -- In Love With You
The Spawns | Chapter XIX -- You'll Be Old and Pudgy
The Spawns | Chapter XX -- They Hurt You, Those Eatons
The Spawns | Chapter XXI -- The Responsible for all the Breaking
The Spawns | Chapter XXII -- I'm Not the Third Wheel
The Spawns | Chapter XXIII -- A Threesome With an Asian
The Spawns | Chapter XXIV -- Like a Hawk
The Spawns | Chapter XXV -- I Promise I'll Be Gentle
Wattpad Block Party Entry. Winter Edition
The Spawns | Extra Chapter: Maika's POV -- His Balls Will be Mine
The Spawns | Chapter XXVI -- The Two of Us
The Spawns | Chapter XXVII -- The Little Moments
The Spawns | Chapter XXVIII -- Not With You
The Spawns | Chapter XXIX -- Whoring Yourself like France
The Spawns | Chapter XXX -- A Nice Canvas for You
The Spawns | Chapter XXXI -- Running on Fumes
The Spawns | Chapter XXXII -- Angry Dragon Spirit
The Spawns | Chapter XXXIII -- Postponing the Inevitable
The Spawns | Chapter XXXIV -- Know My Blood Cycle
The Spawns | Chapter XXXV -- By Not Being With You
The Spawns | Chapter XXXVI -- Excitement and Wonder
The Spawns | Chapter XXXVII -- Strip Battleship
The Spawns | Chapter XXXVIII -- Spray Them With Holy Water
The Spawns | Chapter XXXIX -- Together in Berlin
The Spawns | Chapter XL -- The Limits of Clothing
The Spawns | Chapter XLI -- A Milestone to Something Better
The Spawns | Chapter XLII -- This Simple Realization
The Spawns | Chapter XLIII -- Go Beat Your Clay
The Spawns | Chapter XLIV -- A Major Eaton Kink
The Spawns | Chapter XLV -- That Torres Boy
The Spawns | Chapter XLVI -- A Cacophony of What and Hey
The Spawns | Epilogue -- Dusk Was Smiling Down
Together in Berlin - The Spawns Companion Novella

The Spawns | Chapter XII -- One Simple Kiss

139K 4.6K 5.4K
بواسطة DarknessAndLight

THE SPAWNS

One Simple Kiss

Chapter XII—Lilibeth

© DarknessAndLight

I patted Cole’s back awkwardly as he squeeze the life out of me. When he finally set me down on my feet, I had to take a second to find my breath.

“What was that for?” I asked, breathlessly. The hug had been so sudden that I hadn’t even had the time to truly enjoy it, truly enjoy being in his arm and I was suddenly very disappointed.

Cole didn’t answer. He just shook his head, turned around and walked back to the stairs.

When he was standing in the middle and everyone was looking at him like he had lost his mind, he turned and looked at us. “Everybody needs to start minding their own god damn business!” he exclaimed loudly. Nikki was coming down, looking confused, at the boy.

Cole groaned in exasperation as everyone just stared dumbly at him and he ran back to his room.

Cole’s parents looked at each other and laughed. Mama looked at them, trying to understand. Jayden was scratching his head, confused. But then, Papa was gazing my way, with raised eyebrows. I bit my tongue, refraining from screaming at him to stop.

“I should go see what’s going on,” Jay trailed, taking a step forward. Everyone was greeting each other and the little incident was already forgotten.

I put my hand on his arm, stopping him. “No, I’ll go.”

My brother frowned. Please don’t ask questions, please don’t ask questions. “You sure?”

I nodded. “Yes, go talk with Nikki,” I pressed him. He had been blabbing during the entire car ride that he needed to talk to Nikki about something, and that he couldn’t wait to see her. Honestly, I think he was planning something stupid. I had my little idea on what it was, and it wasn’t making me happy, not on bit.

            Ignoring everyone else in the room, I just smiled shyly at them, and hurried towards the stairs.

When I walked in Cole’s room, he was lying on his bed, one of his arms thrown over his face, hiding it. Fluffy was sitting on the pillows by his head, looking at him and patting his head. I couldn’t help but smiling at the sight. “Everyone seems to be under the impression that I’m gay,” Cole suddenly said. He must have heard me walk in.

I walked up to his bed and lay beside him. “Well, I know you’re not.”

He turned his head and peeked from under his arms slightly. “Do you know of an effective way to pass along that bit of knowledge to everyone downstairs?”

Maybe you should kiss me passionately in the middle of the dinning room. My cheeks flushed just for having that thought.

            Cole frowned a little, still gazing in my eyes. “What?” Obviously, he had seen the blood rushing to my cheeks. It just made me blush more. He propped himself on his elbow, his face hovering over mine, his eyebrows furrowing slightly. “What is it?” he pressed.

Oh god, could he just stop looking at me?

My wish wasn’t granted though, because he only did worse. Cole pressed his palm against my cheek, and then his fingers slowly trailed under my chin, and his thumb and forefinger rested at the top of it, softly, holding my face in place so I wouldn’t look away. My breath caught in my throat. “You’re too beautiful” he whispered so softly I barely heard it. But I did. My heart beat so fast I thought it was going to rip out of my ribcage. Cole’s face was still slightly hovering over mine. I could taste his breath on my lips. And I couldn’t move, even if I should have. “You shouldn’t be this beautiful, it’s too painful.”

I wanted to kiss him so much it was physically painful—I ached all over. It was silly to need such a simple touch so much, but I did.

Just one kiss, one simple kiss. It wouldn’t be that much of a big deal. I could tell him afterwards that it was a mistake and I didn’t see him that way even though it would be the biggest lie in human history.

His eyes were on my lips, and mine were on his too. How bad could it be? Just one kiss, that was all I would ask and then I would stay away from him forever, I swore it. Slowly, I closed my eyes and breathed in his sweet apple sent.

“You alright in here?” Jayden suddenly asked, appearing out of nowhere. Cole automatically backed away, letting go of my chin. “Because I’ve just been told by my cousin that my best friend was gay,” Jayden left himself fall on the bed beside me, completely oblivious to what he had just interrupted. “And that he was also in love with me and I should do something about it, like maybe try to kiss him to see if I felt anything.”

My heart was beating a hundred miles per hours and I couldn’t even remember how to breathe. Had this seriously almost happened?

It took a few seconds too long for Cole to answer my brother. “Did she ask to watch too, while you kissed me?”

I couldn’t even bear turning my head or even just my eyes to look at him. My cheeks were already in flames, and so was most of my body. I felt so stupid I wanted to cry.

Jayden laughed, utterly oblivious, as always. “She didn’t go that far, but I think that if I had offered she wouldn’t have declined.” My brother shook his head, amused. “Why is everyone under the assumption that you’re gay anyway?”

“Because I’m a nineteen year old virgin and I’m not trying to hump every drunk girl that crosses my path?” Cole offered and I know I shouldn’t but what he had just said… well if he wasn’t joking, I kind of enjoyed it more than I should. And I still had a hard time finding oxygen.

 “Anyway, if you ever do want to kiss me…” Jayden trailed, trying to hold his laugh and Cole just hit him on the head with a pillow.

I wasn’t saying anything because I was just trying to get my head to work properly again, and my breath back too, sandwiched between the two boys who just kept on chatting away. If I had been Cole, I wouldn’t have been able to form a coherent sentence.

“I’m sorry Jay-Jay, you’re not my type, you have one piece of equipment I’m not particularly fond of,” Cole answered, faking sadness. And while he spoke, he did something I completely hadn’t expected—his hand found mine and his fingers slowly interlaced with mine. I froze more than I was already frozen, and looked at our hands, and then back at him, his green eyes unravelling me in impossible ways. I didn’t know why he was doing this, or what it meant, I just knew that there was no way I was letting his hand go. I didn’t care. I knew it was stupid and I knew I shouldn’t let things like these happen, but by god I loved that boy and if holding his hand was the only thing I could get, then it would suffice.

“My deadly good looks or my irresistible charisma?” Jayden happily joked.

Cole finally tore his gaze from mine. “Your huge ego.”

“I thought you’d say my huge third leg.” I made a face. Stupid boy.

“Oh, that too. My limit is eight inches.” Correction, stupid boys!

“And his little sister is right beside you, absolutely grossed out,” I pointed out, my hand warm in Cole’s.

Luckily, Jay changed the subject. “So, what’s going on?”

Cole shrugged, staring intently at the ceiling. I wondered how he would react If I ran my hand through his hair softly. Just once. “Nikki just told me it was okay for me not to be in love with her because she knew I was gay.”

The bed shook with my brother’s laughter. “She did?”

“Yes, she also mentioned she always wanted a gay best friend,” Cole groaned. I squeezed his hand just a little. He looked back at me, and gave me half a smile.

“You can tell her you already have a best friend.”

“For some reason, that wasn’t the part of the demand that shocked me the most.”

“Well, this sucks,” my brother whined, putting Fluffy on the ground. The poor cat had been trying to find a comfortable spot ever since we had settle in the bed and Jay’s head had seemed like his final choice—which Jay obviously wasn’t having. Cole was running circles with his thumb on top of my hand. “I was all for you two dating, but now you ruined everything by being gay!”

“Beth, I’m about to murder your brother. You might want to leave,” he told me, never taking his eyes off of me.

I smiled just a little. “I think I’ll stay. This might be amusing.”

A scream made me jump with surprise though. “CANONBALL!” Maika yelled and threw herself on the bed with us, and since I was in the middle I was kind of in the wrong spot but Cole’s arm wrapped around me, pulling me out of the way, so fast I didn’t even have time to protest, just squeal in surprise. My back was tightly pressed against his side, my legs wrapped in his. Every part of me that touched him felt like it was on fire, like they had fever or something. I should have scrambled away from him, but again, I just couldn’t. What was with that boy that made me lose any type of self control I had?

“Nice entrance” Jayden laughed, while she settled in between me and my brother, and Cole reluctantly let go of me and my hand too. He still had a foot over mine though.

Maika grinned, looking over me at Cole. “So, you’re gay? It’s official now?”

Cole leaned over me and threw her off the bed, on the ground.

After she was done laughing on the ground she got up and poked my brother in his ribs. “Jay, flip over.”

“Huh?” Confusing was written all over his face.

“Flip over or I will have your balls,” she warned this time. My brother complied and Maika lay down in him, their backs against each other. With a content smile, she turned her head to Cole and I. “So, what are we talking about aside from Cole’s ambiguous sexual orientation?”

“That can’t seriously be comfortable,” I asked, looking at them.

Maika laughed, kicking her heels softly on my brother’s leg. “Honestly, it is.”

“I’m not complaining,” Jayden answered, the side of his face pressed against a pillow, a smile playing on his lips, his eyes closing. He actually looked like he was going to fall asleep soon. It would do him some good. He seemed exhausted.

“So?” Maika pressed, her hands pressed against her stomach.

“Well, that was it.” Cole trailed but then added, “Oh, hey, my cousin is coming to stay over.”

I turned, looking at Cole. “Which one?”

He almost rolled his eyes. Obviously he wasn’t happy about this. “The inmate.” Yickes.

“Is she doing time around?” Maika snorted.

“No, I think her parents are just trying to get rid of her for a while. They’re going through a rough patch. My Dad says they might separate.”

“That sucks,” Jay mumbled against the pillow.

Cole shrugged, as if he was saying ‘what can we do’.

“You guys look cozy,” a voice coming from the edge of Cole’s room interrupted. Nikki looked over at us, almost awkwardly. I hadn’t said any greetings to her yet, and I wasn’t planning on it. I knew all about her feelings for Cole and then what she had just told him. For the moment, my cousin just kind of annoyed me.

“There’s room if you want to join the party,” Maika offered, raising her head a little.

Nikki made her way slowly to the bed. I could tell by the way Cole’s body had stiffen that he wasn’t happy about this. Slowly, my hand found his again, and I wrapped my pointer finger around his little finger. He smiled coyly at that.

My cousin asked the boys, while sitting at the very edge of the bed, “so, are you guys happy to be back home and out of Uni for the summer?”

Cole shrugged. I think Nikki frowned a little when she looked at our hands. “Well not really, you see, since Jay and I live together and all, it’s so much easier for me to slip in his bed in the middle of the night and butt rape him.”

Maika snorted a laugh.

“What?” Jayden raised his head and Maika groaned, getting off of him. “You mean that was you? All those nights?”

I rolled my eyes at the idiots' antics. Cole pressed his hand against his heart. I tried to hold in my laugh. “Yes Jayden, it was me,” he answered dramatically.

“Cole you should have told me sooner. My god Cole, I’m in love with you,” Jay-Jay almost wept and then faked crying. Nikki was staring at them, wide eyed. Maika had yet again ended up on the floor, laughing.

“Oh really!” Cole faked cried too, running his hands over Jay’s face annoyingly. In other circumstances, Jay would have slapped them away.

“YES!”

Someone in the near distance coughed. We all looked towards where the noise came. My father was standing there, his eyebrows raised.

Ooops. Everyone automatically sat up in the bed.

Papa looked at us with amused eyes. It annoyed me. “Would you guys mind coming down? Cole’s cousin just got here.”

Everybody quickly complied, getting up on their feet. It looked like the little intermission was over now. And it was better that way, even if I felt utterly confused without Cole’s warmth close to me. I felt naked and cold and sad all of a sudden. I wrapped my arms around myself, dragging my feet towards the stairs, while Maika and Jayden pushed each other around in front of me, laughing. I hated this, but it was all for the better. Was a confused mess like me any good for Cole? No.

“Hey, wait.” Cole grabbed my hand, turning me around, making me look in his eyes. Everybody was ahead of us, and we were the only ones left behind. “Can we—” I cut him off. Stupid, stupid, STUPID!

“No.” I slipped my hand out of his and rushed towards the stairs.

No, we can’t.

______________

A/N:

Well, this was short again, but it gets the point across! haha And I totally uploaded in record time, so HA! Plus, now we're really getting into the interesting parts! ;P Dakota is in the next chapter! mouhahaha 

I hope you enjoyed this. Oh and again, I don't have any offers for the next title, so if you have any, just put them in a comment. 

I should be uyploading The Family Curse or The Headline next. But you might get another The Spawns chapter by the end of the week. Depends how busy I am! 0_0

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

21.2K 602 18
COMPLETED. When both Amy and Alan have had enough of their out of control teenage son they send him to Philadelphia, hoping he can get his life back...
6.1K 458 11
[ description ] ⤷ Max Mayfield is new to Hawkins, Indiana. So her and her brother come rolling into the school parking lot, this girl who kno...
359K 3K 46
Jaden Hossler Fanfic You should def read it's hella good 😌
13.1K 156 57
When Maya Hart receives a job opportunity, she is left with the fact she accepted to babysit Zoe Friar, her schools biggest fuckboy's younger sister...