Coffee Shop Soundtrack (Maria...

Od konfusion

Matt and Josh bump into each other in a coffee shop. Literally. As they talk more, they find that they have m... Viac

Author's Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty

Alternate Ending

553 19 14
Od konfusion

A/N: Okay, so as you know from my frequent complaining, I'd lost the last two chapters I'd originally written for this story. Buuuuut, my dad was able to recover my harddrive so I've got it all back! Wattpad still wants me to reformat it all though :-( Anyway, I thought I'd share with you the original chapters 49 and 50. They're pretty similar to what I'd written again but I'm just really happy to share them with you!!!

---

“Ngh...” Josh groaned as he rolled over sleepily, wincing as he let his eyes adjust to the too-bright sunlight. Matt was stirring beside him, and he reached over shamelessly to smooth his hands over Matt's bare torso. He kissed Matt as he properly woke up, knowing that Matt would freeze up on instinct, before relaxing and calmly pressing back into the kiss. He too winced, as they pulled away, blinking and smiling at Josh.

“G’morning.” He slurred, his voice still laced with sleep, and the traces of a minor hangover.

“Morning, sweetheart. You alright?” Josh asked, ever cautious.

“Of course. You’re so gentle with me, however tipsy you are.” Matt said, referring to last night. They’d raided Josh's parents’ alcohol cupboard, Matt firmly telling Josh that he wanted a drink and he was alright with drinking. He just didn’t like it excessively. They’d only drunk a bit anyway, just enough to get tipsy, and spent the rest of the night giggling as they lay in close proximity.

“Mm, right. I never thought-” Josh cut himself off as he looked at Matt cautiously. “Oh shit.” Worriedly, Matt looked down at himself.

“What? What is it?”

Carefully Josh traced his fingers over Matt's neck, a glimmer of amusement in his eyes. “I got carried away...” he mumbled.

“What the fuck?” Matt asked, genuinely confused.

Taking a blanket with him to cover himself, Josh got up and headed to the bathroom, where he returned with a handheld mirror. Before giving it to Matt, he pulled his best innocent face. “Promise you won’t get mad.” Matt snatched away the mirror and looked at himself, gasping when he saw the dark red and very noticeable hickeys all over his neck.

“You dick!” he exclaimed with a shout of laughter. “Your family’s coming over today!”

“That’s not what I was thinking at the time, Matty-”

“Have fun explaining to your sisters why your boyfriend has hickeys all over his throat, Jesus Christ.” Matt stared at the mirror in bewilderment. Josh laughed. It wasn’t as if Matt had never had a hickey before, but they were never this noticeable. They even trailed down to his collarbone, the deep red marks standing out even against his tanned skin. “Jo-oosh.” He whined.

Josh took a seat next to Matt but Matt dropped the mirror and tackled Josh backwards, so the taller boy lay on his back with Matt pinning him down.

“What... what are you doing?” Josh said, slightly taken aback at Matt's newfound ferocity. “Getting my revenge.” Matt stated simply, a smirk on his face as he ducked down to kiss Josh hard, and Josh wasn’t about to complain.  

--

“Matty, this is my Nanna, she’s my mom’s mom. Nanna, this is my boyfriend, Matt.” Josh introduced his grandmother to Matt, who smiled politely but was quickly whisked into a hug by the short elderly lady.

“My my, you’re handsome.” She commented, holding an uncomfortable Matt at arm’s length. “Joshua, you chose well.”

Matt felt even more uncomfortable and Josh pulled him away discreetly, laughing loudly. “I know, he’s pretty, huh?”

“You look after my boy, Matt.” She said to the brunet, and he nodded eagerly.

“Of course, Mrs... uh, Mrs...”

“Mrs Rogers, dear, but you can call me Nanna. Everyone does.” The small lady walked away, smiling lightly as Josh's dad handed her a glass of white wine.  

Josh?” A shrill voice exclaimed from behind the pair. They both turned around quickly to see a young blonde woman standing near the door.

“Zoe!” Josh replied, rushing over. So this was Josh's sister. She seemed nice enough, Matt guessed. She had a friendly face and she’d brought a man – a very tall man, probably even taller than Josh – and a small child with her.

“It’s been far too long.” She said as she pulled away from Josh's bear hug. Josh ducked down and held his arms wide to catch the child running full pelt at him.

“Uncle Josh!” The toddler cried, leaping into Josh's outstretched arms and wrapping her tiny limbs around him.

“Hi, kiddo. How you doing?” He asked, eagerly listening to the tales of crayons and glitter that this little girl was babbling about. Matt stood, mesmerised, watching as his boyfriend take such good care of a child. It was incredibly cute, and Matt didn’t even realise a small smile taking over his face.

“Excuse me,” Zoe said to Matt, suddenly a lot closer than he remembered. “I don’t mean to be rude, but who are you?”

“Oh, sorry. I’m Matt. I’m Josh's boyfr-”

“You’re Josh's boyfriend?” She exclaimed enthusiastically as she hugged him tightly. “I’ve heard so much about you!”

“Have you?” Matt replied nervously as she stepped back.

“Oh, relax. Only good things!” She grinned as the man she’d arrived with wrapped his arm around her shoulders. “I’m Zoe, Josh's big sister, and this is my husband, Jeff.”

“Nice to meet you.” Jeff held out his hand and Matt held out his own, unfortunately forgetting the cast.

“Ah, how awkward. Sorry, forgot about that.” Matt blushed.

“How’d you get it?”

“Oh, s’a long story...”

Zoe raised an eyebrow, but Jeff brushed it off. “Alright. Another time, another place then.”

“Uncle Josh, who’s the pretty man?” the toddler tugged at Josh's shirt to catch his attention.

“Well, Mads, this is Matt. He’s my boyfriend.” Josh smiled warmly as he held his niece, and he stood close to Matt. “Matt, this is Madelyn, my niece! She’s Zoe and Jeff’s daughter. Maddie, say hi.”

Matt gulped, more nervous that necessary as the young child scrutinized his features.

“Do you like Spiderman?” She asked after a while, cocking her head to the side. Matt could have laughed.

“Yeah, I like Spiderman.” He said honestly, watching with amusement as her face lit up. “Do you like Spiderman?”

“No, I like Batman.” She said, and Matt was confused. “But Josh likes Spiderman, so you need to like him too. Are you gonna get married like mommy and daddy?”

Josh's eyes widened. “Mads! We’re only nineteen!” She brushed the comment away with a wave of her hand, and held her hands out so Zoe would take her. Before Zoe walked away with the child in her arms to go and see Corylnn, the toddler reached over and patted Matt's face fondly. Josh laughed loudly.

“She likes you.”

“You think?” Matt asked, biting his lip.

“Duh. She wanted to know if you liked Spiderman, because I like it. If we like the same superheroes, we’re good to be married.” He chuckled loudly, turning when he felt a hand on his shoulder. It was Zoe.

“Okay, uh, can I talk to you guys upstairs for a minute?” Matt and Josh looked confused, but followed the girl anyway.

 She seated them both on her bed, from when she used to live at their parents. “Okay, this is really embarrassing for everyone here. Uh,” She paced the room. “You two... I don’t care what you do, but I don’t need Madelyn asking why you two have bruises all over your necks.”

Josh and Matt looked at each other like guilty puppies. “Sorry... sorry Zoe.” Josh stammered, watching as she pulled a case out of her luggage.

“C’mere. Let me cover them up for you guys.”

The two boys sat patiently – and a little embarrassed – as Zoe patted makeup expertly on them both, successfully covering the bruises and leaving no remains. Girl magic.

“There. That should do it.” She said, stepping back to look at her work, and then shaking her head and smiling. “God, that was so weird.”

“Um…” Josh stumbled over his words. “Thanks?”

“Okay, that was sufficiently awkward. Go back downstairs.” There was no hesitation as the pair, mortified, rushed gratitude to Josh's sister as they hustled out of the door. In the hallway, they giggled as they made it down the stairs together.

“Oh my god, I’m sorry.” Josh chuckled.

“Well you’re the one who put them there in the first place!” Matt protested back as he playfully hit Josh's shoulder with the back of his hand.

--

Apart from the embarrassing beginning, Josh's family were lovely. Matt was laughing along to their stories he was being told and he felt at home as he was squashed up between Josh and the arm of the sofa, with Zoe and Josh's mom and Nanna on the other side of Josh. There were too many people crammed onto the sofa, but nobody cared.

“Uncle Matt!” Madelyn cried, rushing over and climbing onto Matt's lap. Matt looked down, confused, but grinned as she began to colour in the white plaster of the cast Matt had on his arm with a pink crayon. Matt just let her, and blushed when he realised the whole room was looking at him.

“When did you two meet?” Josh's granddad asked them.

“Uh...” Josh thought about it. “Earlier this year? Probably about March-ish? April, maybe? We weren’t dating until about June.” Josh added after another pause.

“Do you go to the same college?”

“Yeah, we’re in the same music class.” Matt said as Madelyn grabbed another colour – purple this time – and continued to draw over Matt's arm.

“Matt does chemistry, English and psychology too.” Matt glanced at Josh who was whispering to Zoe.

“You two are very sweet together, you know.” Josh's other grandmother added. Matt’d been told to call her Grandma, thus making Graham’ parents Grandpa and Grandma, and Debbie’s mom Nanna and Pop. Pop didn’t speak much but he smiled a lot.

“Thank you. I’m very lucky.” Matt said honestly.

“Well, I think Josh is lucky to have a boy as charming as you, young man.” Nanna added.

“I am, Nanna, that’s right.” Josh kissed Matt's forehead. Matt looked down when his sleeve was tugged, and he inspected his newly decorated cast, adorned with what seemed to be hearts and flowers and an oddly coloured pony, Matt guessed.

“Wow, Madelyn, that’s beautiful.” Matt smiled.

“Look, I drew Spiderman because you like Spiderman... and Josh likes Spiderman too.” She pointed to what Matt thought was a pony. “And there’s Batman because I like Batman and there’s a heart for you, look, here.” Matt heard Zoe and Josh chuckle, and he raised his eyebrows as the little girl looked up at him. “D’you like it?”

“Yes, I love it! It’s gorgeous. You should be an artist when you grow up.” Matt said, and the smile on her face was enough to break out a beam on Matt's own face.

----------

Chapter 50

Josh was harshly awoken by a shrill screech from upstairs. Then another. And another. He rolled towards Matt lazily, groaning as Matt woke up too. “Why do children have to make noise?” he grumbled, feeling the rough plaster catch against his shirt as Matt draped an arm across him.

“S’Christmas, Josh.” Matt said sleepily. “Let her be happy.”

As the sentence fell from his mouth, they both awoke properly, expressions like little children as they sat up quickly. “It’s Christmas!” Josh smiled, tackling Matt back down as he kissed him eagerly, making Matt laugh as the slightly younger boy cupped his face gently. Well, as gently as he could with a cast on one of them.

“Merry Christmas, baby.” Matt mumbled against Josh's lips.

“Mm, merry Christmas to you too.” Josh said, suddenly breaking away and jumping out of bed. “C’mon, you can help me with a Christmas tradition.”

“What’s that?” Matt asked as he put proper sweatpants on over his boxers.

“We have to do the first morning coffee round.”

--

Matt stole the teapot from Josh's hands and he grabbed the tea from the shelf, taking it upon himself to prepare that whilst Josh began to brew coffee.

“Joshy!” Josh turned to see Madelyn in her sweet little princess pyjamas, with Batman slipper clad feet. Josh picked her up and set her on the counter.

“Merry Christmas, Mads!” He said cheerily. She shuffled over to Matt and patted his face, making him lose his concentration and laugh.

“Merry Christmas, Madelyn.” He said as he strategically moved the hot teapot away from the toddler.

“Did you want a drink, Maddie?”

“Can I have coffee like grownups do?”

Josh laughed. “Nah, Maddie, it’s not very nice. But we have lots of other things you can have; like orange juice or milk... or I can make you a special hot chocolate?”

Matt grinned as her eyes lit up and she clapped excitedly like, well, a little kid on Christmas Day.   As Josh was placing sprinkles on top of the whipped cream under the careful watch of Madelyn, the family came downstairs and sat in the kitchen, each wishing each other merry Christmases. Josh and Matt gave out mismatched mugs of tea or coffee to the right people and then Josh got the sugar bowl and the milk out for people to use as well.

“Daddy,” Madelyn said as her dad picked her up and balanced her on a hip.

“Look what Josh made me.” She pointed to the hot chocolate on the countertop, and Jeff chuckled.

“You put cold in there too?” he asked Josh, and Josh nodded as he leaned back on the counter, Matt naturally slipping into his outstretched arms.

“Well?” Debbie added, rubbing her eyes. “Do you guys want to open presents yet?” The family all shouted their agreements, and they headed to the living room.  

--

“Oh, wow! Matt, that’s perfect.” Mr Ramsay said, smiling down at the drill set that he’d been given.

“It’s a little weird, but you mentioned it, so I thought...”

“No, it’s great. Thank you so much!”

“Perhaps we should give them their gift now, Graham, because everyone else’s finished opening theirs.” Debbie said, picking up the last box from under the tree and, when Graham nodded in agreement, handing it to Matt and Josh. Matt was thankful they were unwrapping it together, because he’d already been struggling with his one hand. They opened the little box to find two keys on a key chain, and an address written on a post-it note.

“Your present’s not here, boys, it’s at that address. Go look.” Graham said. Matt and Josh shared confused glances, but nevertheless they got to their feet.

“Are you sure it’s alright that we leave?”

“Of course. Be back by noon.” Debbie said. “Oh, take your presents for each other too. You can open them on your own there.”

Matt and Josh looked even more beweildered, but they left anyway, Josh setting the GPS in his car to this unfamiliar address. It turned out the place was less than five miles away, and it was reasonably close to their college, and actually not that far from Mike and Ian’s apartment building. Josh used the first key to unlock the door to this tall block of flats, and Matt held his hand tightly.

“Merry Christmas, sir. May I help you?” The concierge greeted them from reception, and Josh jumped at the unexpected voice.

“Hello... uh, we’re looking for apartment 408?” Josh said cautiously.

“What’s your name?”

“Josh Ramsay.”

“Oh,” the concierge smiled as if he knew something the boys didn’t, and nodded as he waved to the elevator. “Right up to the fourth floor and then straight to your right.”

“Thank you.”

--

Josh carefully unlocked the door with the second key. Curiously, they peered into the apartment.

“Hello?” Matt called as Josh shut the door behind them. When they got no response, Matt grabbed Josh's hand and began to investigate the apartment. The hall was fairly small, with ivory walls and a beige carpet. At the end of the hallway there was a window, which led to a balcony, and Matt could see the office building across the street. There were two doors on the right and three on left, and Matt opened the one closest to him. It was a guest bedroom by the looks of things; all kitted out in bright white and lime green. Josh raised an eyebrow and they carried on to the next room, a bathroom. Someone had put flowers on a shelf in there.

“Hey, those are my mom’s favourites.” Josh commented, pointing at the brightly coloured petals.

“C’mon.” Matt said, squeezing his hand gently. “This is really strange.”

Josh nodded in agreement as they entered the final door on the right; which was apparently the master bedroom. It was all done up in dark blue and red, Matt and Josh's favourite colours. Matt let his fingertips trail across the dark wood of the desk, and he shot Josh a questioning look.

“Let’s carry on.” Josh suggested, and they entered the living room, which was across the hall. Josh stared in awe at the fluffy white carpet – just like Josh always said he’d wanted – and the big, cosy looking brown leather couch, and the coffee table stacked up with sports magazines and music magazines, and Matt noticed a post-it note similar to the one they’d received in the box.

“Babe.” Matt caught Josh's attention and went over to retrieve the note, reading it aloud.

Merry Christmas, boys. This apartment is for you two. The first three months of rent has been completely paid off, but from there it’s all down to you. We love you both, hope you like your new home. Love, Mom and Dad.

Josh, who’d wrapped his arm tightly around Matt's waist, looked at his boyfriend in shock. “They... this is for us?”

“You gotta call them, Josh. They can’t be serious.” As Josh called his parents to ask them if this was some elaborate joke, Matt investigated the kitchen. It was fairly basic, but Matt noticed there was a coffee machine; a luxury he’d never been able to have when he was with him. Smiling when Josh rushed up and pressed Matt back against the kitchen counter, grasping Matt's face in his hands.

“It’s all ours. They said... they said they’d got it for us. Oh my god.” Josh exclaimed, and Matt simply had to kiss him to stop him rambling on. Matt's hands snaked around Josh's skinny waist, but he pulled away and rushed back to the hall as soon as he remembered.

“Babe?” Josh called after him.

“Presents!” Matt cried, rushing back with the box he’d arranged for Josh. He cocked his head to motion Josh into the living room, and placed the box on his lap as Josh sat on the sofa, and he sat cross legged in front of him.

“Open it!” Matt urged. Josh protested but smiled.

“What about you? Why don’t you open yours first?”

“Because I said so. Open it.” Matt poked Josh's knee in an attempt to hurry him.

“Alright, alright, Mr Pushy.” Josh fake-grumbled. “This better not be anything rude in here-” Matt just rolled his eyes and rested his elbows on Josh's knees, gauging Josh's reaction as he pulled the first thing from the navy tissue paper.

“Is this... is this a fucking camera?” Josh asked, bewildered.

“I... uh, yeah. I can take it back, if you don’t like-”

“Matty, no, shh, it’s perfect. I can’t believe you got me this. It’s so cool, thank you, sweetheart, it’s perfect.” Josh rambled, grinning widely as he leant forward to kiss Matt's nose. He sat back and instantly turned the camera on, Matt knowing the boy’d done enough research on the camera to know how it worked. He snapped a picture of Matt and Matt giggled, swiping the camera from Josh and taking one of him. Josh then took it back, and took a picture of the both of them. They looked at the Polaroid prints as they developed, both chuckling at the awful picture of the two of them together. “It’s brilliant; I love it. Thank you, babe.”

“Open the rest.” Matt said, gesturing to the big book at the bottom of the box. “I know it’s not much, but...” he trailed off to watch Josh as he looked at the book. He was silent as he turned the page, marvelling in the effort Matt had put in here.

“M-Matt...” He choked out, and Matt jumped up to sit next to him on the sofa. Looking down at the page, it was the picture of the two of them at Chris’ party, which Matt knew was Josh's favourite photo of the pair of them.

“This is so perfect. It’s... amazing.” Josh said, not taking his eyes off the page. Matt noticed tears beginning to well up in Josh's eyes, so he moved the book away and sat on Josh's lap with his knees tucked either side of Josh's thighs. He wiped away at the tears with his thumbs.

“Hey, baby, don’t cry. I didn’t mean to make you cry. Sweetie, look at me.” Matt said, smiling as Josh placed his hands on Matt's thighs gently. “I love you, Josh, that’s why I made it.”

“I know, Matt, I love you too. It’s so lovely. God, I’m so fucking lucky, I have you...” Josh hugged Matt super-tightly, pressing a watery kiss to his lips.

“You’re too good to me. Babe... baby, I thought we were only gonna spend twenty dollars.” He said because he knew Matt was about to panic because he’d been crying.

“You know I wasn’t going to.”

“That’s good, because I didn’t stay in the limit either. Oops.” Josh chuckled again.

“Hey!” Matt playfully slapped him. “And anyway, you deserve it, babe.” Matt said honestly, smiling when Josh laughed.

“Can... can I give you your gift?” Josh asked weakly, and Matt nodded, smiling even brighter and kissing Josh again.

“You really didn’t need to get me anything.”

“Too bad.” Josh said as he awkwardly extracted a box from his hoodie pouch. “Don’t freak out on me when you open it. I’ll explain it.”

“O-okay...” Matt said, albeit a little confused. It looked like a fucking ring box, like one that would hold an engagement ring. But he knew Josh wouldn’t be proposing because Matt knew he’d go over the top. It was Josh, when did he ever miss out on a chance to be in the spotlight?

Nevertheless, Matt cast one last worried look in Josh's direction and opened the velvet box. He stared at the thin, silver band and the half tied knot, and didn’t say anything. Josh took the box and took out the ring, grasping it in his shaking hands.

“I guess I should explain. This is a promise ring. I promise I’ll be there for you, I promise I’ll look after you, and I promise I’ll love you always, and I’ll never leave you. I promise that one day, we’ll get married, but not today. We’re too young; we’re only nineteen. I love you. It doesn’t mean I don’t love you because I’m not proposing. You’re the best thing in my world, Matt, in the entire universe, and I love you so much.”

It was Matt's turn to cry now. Not trusting his voice, he just nodded instead. Josh kissed Matt's cheek and slipped the silver ring onto Matt's ring finger of his right hand, considering his left was in a cast. Matt looked down at the ring and smiled, suddenly leaning forward and kissing Josh hard, trying his best to convey all his gratitude for everything, all the things Josh had done for him. Josh had saved his life. He owed Josh everything. There was nothing more that Matt loved more than Josh, and as he allowed his lips to part, he knew Josh understood. They broke away, Matt clutching at Josh's hand and looking him directly in the eye.

“Thank you so much. I love you, Josh.” He said, his voice surprisingly steady for someone who’d just been crying. “

I love you too.” Josh reminded him, pressing another gentle kiss to Matt's nose. “Always.”

Matt shifted, getting off of Josh's lap and choosing instead to snuggle down by Josh's side. “Look at this apartment, this is insane.”

“I guess we’re finally grown-ups, huh?” Josh nudged him.

“No, of course not. We’re gonna order takeout every day and play video games until three am.”

“If you’d like that.” Josh said, pressing a gentle kiss to Matt's forehead.

“I want you to be happy.”

“I am happy already.”

Josh smiled as Matt held his hand up and looked at the ring on his finger to show Josh how pretty it was. “Then it’s all perfect.”

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

15.1K 307 25
Complete. When Josh had a dream about Matt and Matt admit it to Josh, they propel into the drama of being a couple. Through accidents, gossip and a g...
31.5K 733 14
Alice is placed under witness protection after something from her past puts her in immediate danger. Relocated to Vancouver, she meets Josh Ramsay th...
15K 254 24
Ashley is the typical kind of girl. Little beautiful brown hair girl living her own life, dowtown Moncton, not bothering anyone. She can't handle he...
1.8K 84 17
Josh and Elizabeth were together for eight years. They were the perfect couple, everyone knew one day they would be married. Until Josh returned home...