Chapter Twenty Five

A/N: I'm putting this at the beginning so it catches your attention. This has one of my first attempts (ever!) at writing something in any way smutty. It's not much but just as a pre-warning. I'm kind of embarrassed to have even written it, haha!

Josh flattened out his apron, leaning back on the counter behind him. He surveyed the coffee shop; in hopes of a dirty table or a dropped napkin or something to do, but alas, there was nothing. Kira lightly tapped him.

“You okay? You seem a little down.” She commented.

He smiled and stretched, sighing. “You always say that, Kira. I’m fine, just bored.”

“Fine, Ramsay. What do you want to do?” She asked.

“Go home.” He grumbled.

“Positive work attitude.” She scolded.

Josh just rolled his eyes. “Come on, Kira, you seriously can’t tell me you’re not super bored right now.”

She shrugged, and looked up to the door. “No, because there’s customers.” She smiled as she saw Mike walk in. Josh grinned and headed to the cash register. He and Mike had talked a lot; Mike had come to his house to visit Matt. Not that either minded, obviously. Likewise, Matt had been there when Ian or Kira or both had come over, and they were all familiar with each other.

“Hey, man.” Mike greeted, and placed his order to-go.

“Hi, Mike, how are you?” Josh smiled. “Oh, don’t worry about it.” He said as Mike tried to pay. Instead, he put the couple of dollars in the tip jar.

“I’m good. Just getting my coffee fix for today.” He smiled, and Kira handed over the to-go cup. Mike thanked her, simultaneously tilting the cup slightly towards her. “Well, I gotta go to work. It was nice seeing you. Thank you for the coffee; I owe you one.” He smiled and left, and it took Josh and Kira only seconds to realise that was their only distraction. Kira hopped up onto the counter.

“Look. This place is dead. That was the only customer in the last half hour. Why don’t we just take the day off? I wanna go see Ian. I don’t doubt you want to go see Matt.” She had a point. Josh chewed his lip. His dad wouldn’t be mad... he’d closed early before. And Kira was right; he did want to go see Matt.

“Sure. Turn off the machines.” He said without a second thought, taking his apron off and heading to the kitchen to switch off the lights and lock the doors. Kira grabbed their bags, and waited as Josh led them both out and locked the door behind him. She handed him his bag and he took it gratefully.

“I’ll see you soon?” He said.

“Yup. I don’t shift next week, I took the week off.” She raised an eyebrow. “Actually, I just had an idea.”

“Oh no.” Josh groaned, and she playfully slapped his shoulder.

“Shut up! I was going to say we should double date some time. You and Matt, me and Ian...”

Josh nodded, looking impressed. “Not a bad idea, Jones. I’ll call you later.” She smiled, waving as she walked in the other direction.

Josh went straight home. He unlocked the door and stepped inside, wiping his shoes on the mat. He was just putting his keys back in his pocket when arms came flying around him. He caught whatever it was, looking down to see it was Matt. He smiled, picking him up and carrying him further into the house. “Hi there.” He mumbled into the younger’s ear.

“Hey, you’re home early!” Matt grinned. “Yup. Finished shift, there was nobody there. You okay?”

“Good, yeah, let’s go downstairs.” Matt said.

“I missed you today.” Josh started to go down the stairs carefully. It was times like these he was glad Matt was quite light. He carefully placed the boy down on the bed, and went to stand up again, but Matt held his hands down.

“What are you doing?” Josh said quietly as the brunet pulled him close, trailing kisses across his cheeks and mouth.

“I was lonely today. I really did miss you.”

“I missed you too.” He leant down, kissing Matt with more accuracy this time. He could feel Matt’s lips moving on his own, and he swiped his tongue across the younger’s bottom lip, pressing in when Matt opened his mouth a little. The younger moved a little so he straddled his boyfriend’s hips, resting his arms around Josh’s neck. Josh let his hands wander as Matt hummed a little into the kiss. He found the hem of Matt’s sweater, and began tugging, pushing the fabric away. Matt retracted quickly, and with wide deer-in-the-headlights eyes, he began biting his already red lips. Josh was confused at how worried Matt was, and then he understood.

“Oh... we don’t have to do anything if you don’t want to. It’s alright.”

Matt shook his head. “No, I want to... It’s fine, Josh, really.” He smiled, and gently placed his hands over Josh’s, assisting in removing the sweater. At once, even in the somewhat dim light of the room, Josh could see the dozens of scars and blemishes covering the younger’s torso.

Matt blushed and looked away, crossing his arms over his chest and closing his eyes. “Josh, this was stupid, you don’t-”

“I love you.” Josh interrupted as he examined the marks. “Nothing you say can make me change my mind.”

Some were deep, wide gashes. Some were silver and healed over, some a deep red or pink. His heart broke in two, but Matt didn’t let him dwell on it. Instead, he pulled Josh’s shirt off too, and smiled as he leaned in for another kiss.

“Love you too, Joshy.” Josh took control quick and he gently placed kisses across Matt’s neck, dipping down to suck a dark mark into the younger’s collarbone, getting a loud groan from him almost as a reward. He continued down, leaving kisses all over the scars and bruises. It was when he got the top of Matt’s jeans when he finally stopped. Looking up at Matt, he watched as the younger propped himself up on his elbows, looking back down at where Josh was kneeling at the foot of the bed. Somehow, he’d worked himself onto the floor.

“Is this okay?” Josh asked, a little hesitantly. He hadn’t really done this before, he was just winging it.

“It’s okay. I’ll... I’ll tell you... if it’s not.” Matt said, his cheeks blushing red, but Josh understood. He went back to what he was doing, popping the button on Matt’s jeans and slowly pulling the zipper down, then tugging the entire garment off with some assistance from the wearer himself. As Josh’s fingers touched the waistband of the boxers, they heard a door slam from upstairs. They both groaned a little in annoyance, Matt sitting up and pulling his jeans and sweater back on. Josh tugged a shirt back on, standing up and stretching.

“Next time, sweetie.” Josh said.

"You okay?” Matt nodded, and Josh pecked him on the nose, and reminded him that he loved him. He heard footsteps on his stairs. He looked up to see his dad, as white as a sheet.

“Dad?”

“What did you do, Josh?” The elder man said, clearly shocked.

“What? What are you talking about?”

Graham ran a hand through his hair. “The coffee shop, Josh. It’s burned down.” 

A/N: I actually deleted and re-edited most of the ~~sexy~~ scene here. I was too embarassed to post it. I'm too PG-13 for my own good.