The Modern World For Idiots...

By magicalmoose_03

{discontinued-ish} The god of Mischief is under house arrest on earth, the Winter Soldier has calmed down fro... More

Chapter 1. Lovely Day
Chapter 2. Under Pressure
Chapter 3. Dream on
Chapter 4. Take it or leave it
Chapter 5. A To-do List
Chapter 6. Let's get it started
Chapter 7. Let's go see the stars
Chapter 8. Put your head on my shoulder
Chapter 9. Welcome to New York
Chapter 10. Here I go again
Chapter 11. Wanna be startin' something
Chapter 12. Ain't That A Kick In The Head
Chapter 13. Sometime Remind Me to Tell You
Chapter 14. We had to end it
Chapter 15. Let's get Loud
Chapter 16. On the Floor
Chapter 17. Can't take that way from me
Chapter 18. Wonderful World
Chapter 19. It wasn't me
Chapter 20. Let Me Hold You
Chapter 21. The Less I Know the Better
Chapter 22. You'll never know
Chapter 23. Up On The Roof
Chapter 24. It Was A Good Day
Chapter 25. It's Not Unusual
Chapter 26. Make Me Like You
Chapter 27. Another Brick in the Wall
Chapter 28. Well... this is awkward
Chapter 29. Well this is a Perfect Excuse
Chapter 31. A Wholly Ceiling
Chapter 32. This is Why
Chapter 33. Trick up the Sleeve
Chapter 34. Let Me Explain
Chapter 35. Just Some Attention
Chapter 36. A Little Bit of Advice
Chapter 37. Just A Bit Longer
Chapter 38. A Memory Relived
Chapter 39. One for the Books
Chapter 40. If You Wanna Be Happy
Chapter 41. When You Were Gone
Chapter 42. Crashing the Party
A Pointless chapter by Yours Truely
Chapter 43. Bring down the house
Chapter 44. Just Checking Up
Chapter 45. A Bittersweet Goodbye
A message from the author to the reader

Chapter 30. A Little Game of Hide and Seek

2.8K 122 68
By magicalmoose_03

" THANK THE HALLS OF VALHALLA HE IS FINALLY GONE." Loki exclaimed.

" He was not all bad, Loki." Thor said.

" No. He is just being nice at the moment, but he is the devil when you leave him unattended." Bucky added. " He was the one who put the saran wrap on the door when I went into the bathroom on the door frames.... which almost make me suffocate."

" Basically, He was fulfilling my duties to attempt to kill you." Loki said.

Bucky gave Loki a murderous look.

" Just when I thought I can be able to breath the same air as you... All of a sudden, you just love to bite me in the back." Bucky spat.

" You are the most welcome." Loki smirked.

Bucky quickly grabbed his slipper off his feet and threw it towards Loki. Lucky for bucky, He was fast enough that Loki did not have enough time to react to the oncoming slipper.

BAM. THUD.

Loki was hit directly between the eyes causing him to fall down.

" FINALLY I HIT HIM." Bucky shouted with victory.

" Congratulations, Barnes." Thor cheer on his friend.

Loki just laid there in defeat. " It happened in just a blink of an eye."

You walked over to Loki and just looked down at him.

" Are you done being a drama queen or are you just gonna just lay there in your defeat?" You asked.

" Just leave me be." Loki wallowed in his own sorrows.

" You heard the man! Let's leave him alone." You shouted.

Bucky was the first one out of the room running as fast as he can.

" HALT FOR ME, BARNES." Thor said jogging out of room after him.

Steve just sighed and just walked out of the room following them to not get into more trouble.You followed Steve as well.

" HOW DARE THEE TO ABANDON ME." Loki exclaimed.

You and Steve started to walk faster to the point the both of you were jogging.

" Hurry before he goes after our heads." Steve loudly whispered to you.

" I think he was already is at that point, but need the extra push." You replied.

Steve chuckled. " Let's find those two before they decide to break something expensive."

Both of you quickly wandered the tower looking for Bucky and Thor.

" Where on earth are they?" Steve said.

" I have no idea." You replied.

Suddenly....

" I SWEAR IF I FIND ANY OF YOUR PATHETIC EXCUSES FOR HUMAN BEING AND THOR FOR ABANDONING ME. I WILL PERSONALLY MAKE SURE TO LACE YOUR COFFEE WITH A SPELL OF MINE." Loki's voice echoed through the floor.

" Oh Crap." You said out loud.

Steve grabbed your arm and pulled you along with him.

" Where are we going?" You whispered to Steve.

Steve did not respond, but was looking for a quick place to hide. He stopped at spare guest room and pulled you into the room.

" Who's room is this?" You asked.

" Tony's. Quick. Get in the in the Closet."

" Why?!"

" If I am gonna die of a man who wears horns as a fashion statement, I am taking you with me."

" That's reassuring to know."

Suddenly the sound of footsteps were getting closer and closer. Steve threw you in Tony's messy spare closet.

" Quick. Bury yourself." Steve whispered sternly.

You did what you were told and quickly buried yourself with Tony's clothes with Steve doing the same thing as well. Soon the both of your were buried in Tony's many clothes that he only wears once.

Why do these clothes smell like strong cologne, alcohol, and......perfume?

Suddenly the door burst open making a loud thud that cause you and Steve to hold your breathe.

The sound of Loki's footsteps were pacing around the room in search of any of the four of you.

So this is what it feels like to be in a horror movie.

The footsteps were looking around the room, but suddenly they stopped in front of the closet.

You tried to bury yourself deeper in he clothes only to find yourself to feel Steve's arm right next to yours.

The door flew open.

It caused you to slightly jump and grab Steve's arm.

Steve's face started to flush a shade of pink. 

You didn't hear Loki walking into the closet which made you hold your breath even longer.

" What a load of filth." Loki commented.

You grabbed Steve's arm more tightly in fear of being found in the pile of clothes.

 Loki sighed in frustration and slammed the closet door closed.

You waited for Loki's footsteps to get further and farther away from you.

The door opened and closed and the footsteps could barely be heard.

You and Steve burst through the clothes gasping for air and you let go of Steve's arm.

" That was a bit terrifying." Steve said out of breath.

" No kidding." You commented. " Do you think he is gone?"

" Probably." Steve said." Then again he has magic and can be two places at once."

Dang it, Loki.

" We have to escape just out of luck." You said. " Oh... I'm sorry for grabbing your arm. Did my grip hurt you?"

Steve slightly chuckled. " You're good (y/n)."

" OK. Just wanted to make sure."

One of the perks Steve was gratitude about this closet was the fact the you were not able to see his flushed cheeks that he had at the moment.

" You ready?" You asked.

" Let's get out of here."

Both you and Steve pier out of the closet door to see if Loki was till there.

The room was empty.

Both of you carefully walked out of the closet and then pier out of the other door that led to the hallway.

Nothing. 

The two of you ran down the hallway towards the elevator to escape to another floor.

Both you and Steve left a sigh of relief.  

Suddenly an idea popped into Steve mind.

" Think I know where Thor is... and Bucky as well." Steve exclaimed.

" Shhh." You whispered."If Loki hears us, he won't hesitate to give a 'Friendly greeting'." 

" My bad." Steve winced at his mistake." Just follow me."

" Ok."

" Plus..." Steve added." I wouldn't want Loki to introduce you to his knife collection and you are the dart board."

You chuckled, but as also touched at the comment.

The both of you went down a few floors and the elevator door opened to the library.

Both Thor and Bucky were sitting by a  table while eating a stash of Pop tarts.

" I knew you hid the extra Pop tarts in here." Steve said. " Where do you hide them?"

" That is a secret that I shall choose to keep to myself." Thor replied.

" How did you even get those in here in the first place?!" Steve asked once more.  

" I shall keep it a secret to my very deathbed." Thor smiled. "You guys want some?"

" Why not." Steve sighed in defeat.

" Sure." You joined the group. 

" So... where have you guys been doing?" Bucky's voice was a bit muffled because of the Pop tarts in his mouth.

" Looking for you guys." Steve said then took a bit of the Pop tart.

" And Loki is after our heads because we left him in the dust." You added.

" Somethings never change." Thor said. " Sadly...I still care about him even though he is a knife in my abdomen."

" Just like you Buck." Steve added.

" Hey. At least I didn't stab you."

" You shot me!"

" I did not stab you though."

" I was bleeding out like a leaky faucet."

" But you still lived."

  Steve rolled his eyes.

The four of you laughed the both of them bickering with one another. However, The laughter was suddenly interrupted.

"I HEARD THE SOUND OF LAUGHTER!" Loki screamed.

Steve choked on his Pop tart.

" Well... it was nice knowing you lovely people." Bucky shoved his Pop tart in his mouth. " But this is not how The Winter soldier dies."

Bucky grabbed a chair and punched the air vent. He then pulled himself up and suddenly he was gone. 

" Buck. I told you not to be over dramatic." Steve shouted.

" Says the one who drove a plane into the Atlantic ocean." Bucky's voice echoed through the vents.

Steve gave a "Lord give me strength" Face and bit his lip.

Suddenly Loki burst into the room with murder in his eyes. Which was normal, but not in this case. " HOW DARE YOU LEAVE ME!"

" You said to leave you be. So... we did." Steve said.

Suddenly Loki summoned a knife into his hand.

Thor used his body shield you from his angry brother.

" Thank you." You whispered to Thor. " Even though I can take care of myself, but Thanks."

" With pleasure." He smiled.

Loki then scanned the room and noticed something was off.

" Where is Barnes?!" Loki demanded.

The room went dead silent in his question.

Suddenly the sound of a girlish screams was heard throughout the vents. You knew it was bucky, but there was another scream that can also be heard.

CRASH. BAM. THUNK.

Bucky was fell through ceiling causing a little bit of the ceiling to fall, but not a lot. There was someone else who fell with him.

Then you realize....

" Clint?" Steve asked.

Clint looked up at the people in the room. " Oh hey guys. Long time no see, huh."   

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95K 2.7K 77
So in this story, Y/N L/N has been Spider-Man for two years but all the villains and big bads could never have prepared Y/N for what's about to come...
91.1K 2.9K 31
This is a Peter Parker x Bucky Barnes fanfic 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐎𝐅🥀 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 ------------------------------------ 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐃: 𝟏𝟐.𝟎𝟗.𝟏𝟗 ...
7.4K 224 52
Long before the events of Thor and the Avengers, the god of mischief fell for a common Asgardian maiden. Late night meetings and secret rendezvous's...
4.3K 139 61
Your name is Wisty Evergreen. She was always controlled never being able to do what she wanted being well....captured by an organization and expe...