Pyramids {BTS x reader}

By TaeTae_lyfe

She didn't need a crown, because she wasn't a queen.... She was a goddess. • • • • • • Book #2 in "The Blue... More

Chapter 1: Stories
Chapter 2: Scrolls
Chapter 3:Deals
Chapter 4: Enemies
Chapter 5: Soldiers
Chapter 6: Scholars
Chapter 7: Rooftops
Chapter 9: Captive
Chapter 10: Family
Chapter 11: Disease
Chapter 12: Sincerely
Chapter 13: Bodies
Chapter 14: Thrones
Chapter 15: Moments
Chapter 16: Poisons
Chapter 17: Secrets
Chapter 18: Memories
Chapter 19: Warm
Chapter 20: Snake Eyes
Chapter 21: Sight
Chapter 22: Masters
Chapter 23: Blindfolds
Chapter 24: Terrors II
Chapter 25: Guides
Chapter 26: Salvation
Chapter 27: Jewelry
Chapter 28: Pockets
Chapter 29: Safe
Chapter 30: Panic
Chapter 31: Close
Chapter 32: Miracles
Chapter 33: Change
Chapter 34: Promises
Chapter 35: Endings
Chapter 36: Beginnings
Conclusion
Dynasty
Character Q&A

Chapter 8: Terrors

26.9K 1.9K 1.3K
By TaeTae_lyfe

"Action cures fear, inaction creates terror."

-Douglas Horton

Your blue eyes blinked open slowly, your body raising from the soft mattress you laid on, as your gaze traveled over the dark room slowly.

You couldn't see much. There were no windows in the room and the air felt musky and damp, a foul odor invaded your nostrils as you grabbed your aching head, trying to ease the pain.

You didn't know where you were, or why you were there, but this certainly wasn't the room you fell asleep in.

You slowly moved to stand to your feet, the light from a single torch lit the room around you.

You could hear voices coming from the open doorway. They were all deep and melancholic as they chanted muffled words you couldn't understand.

You trudged your way through the darkness, grabbing the torch from the wall to light your way as you turned down the long, narrow hallway.

The further you walked, the louder the chanting got, they continued to repeat the same words in an unknown language.

You suddenly began to feel queasy, your body becoming heavy and your head becoming light. It was as if their words were beginning to effect you physically.

At the hallway lead out to a small balcony that wrapped around a large, dome-shaped room. The walls were covered in paintings and symbols. But these weren't lie the paintings in the palace. These painting depicted numerous scenes of death and violence in graphic detail, they were monstrous and disgusting. They made you want to throw up as you stared at them.

The entire room was covered in paintings like that, you couldn't turn in any direction without having your eyes assaulted by the disgusting things.

You tore your eyes away from the pictures and moved them down to the scene on the first floor.

What looked to be about a hundred men were standing in a circle around a stone table. They were all wearing bright, red cloaks that covered their faces, only making you more curious to see what they looked like.

You watched as four men suddenly entered the room carrying a large, golden sarcophagus. The lid was closed shut, and the gold on the outside looked to be worn and dirty. This sarcophagus was old, there was no questioning that.

The four men laid the sarcophagus on the stone table, and found their positions in the circle of worshipers, beginning to chant with them.

A man in a black cloak emerged from the darkness, his cloak standing out from the others as they all got on the ground, their chanting growing louder as they bowed to the sarcophagus.

The black cloaked man got on top of the table, standing over the head of the golden sarcophagus, and outstretching his arm over the head. He pulled his cloak back, revealing his tanned forearm as he reached around and pulled out a sharp, black dagger from a pillow two men were holding behind him.

The dagger had odd symbols carved into it, markings that appeared to be something of an evil nature, and you watched with wide eyes as the man in the black cloak used it to cut his arm deeply.

Blood poured out from the man's forearm and dropped directly into the mouth of the sarcophagus, staining the gold with a deep, crimson red.

You watched in horror as the man in black slowly bled out, his blood spilling until he had none left.

He fell to the ground, dead.

The men's chanting grew louder, none of them seemed to care that one of them had just given his life to their stupid of death.

Your brows furrowed as all the torches in the room were suddenly put out, sending the room into pure darkness.

Their chanting only grew louder at the sudden loss of light and you felt yourself feeling more sick. You needed to get out of that terrible place and you needed to do it soon.

You turned back to face the hallway you came from, beginning to walk back down it, but you couldn't seem to move from your spot, your body was working against you and forcing you to stay against your will. You struggled against your self, trying to find a way out of that terrible place.

Suddenly a loud growl filled the pitch black room, and all the chanting stopped.

A sliver of fear ran down your spine at the eerie silence, dread beginning to fill your soul.

The torches suddenly relit themselves, just in time for you to watch as the lid of the sarcophagus was thrown off it's hinges, and sent flying across the room, landing into the distant stone wall.

Your mouth grew dry in terror as your eyes took in the scene before you.

A monster arose from the coffin inside, its body seemed to be like a man's but it was entirely black and decayed. It's flesh was rotting from head to toe, you could see it's cracked bones, through it's thin flesh, and your eyes widened as you moved your gaze to it's head.

It had the head of a dog, it's eye sockets were hollow and empty and it's sharp canine teeth were dead and rotted. A few scraps of golden jewelry hung from it's neck, causing you to assume that this....creature must have been something important.

The beast suddenly jumped off the table.

None of the men in red cloaks even moved. They didn't run, or try to get away, they just stayed with their heads bowed in submission.

The monster leaned down, picking one of the men up, causing his hood to fall off of his face. You didn't recognize the man, he was a stranger to you, but you couldn't help but think he was an idiot. He smiled widely at the creature.

"I am willing to give my life for you, great Anubis." The man stated.

The monster opened it's mouth, his jaw unhinging in an unreal way. Your blue eyes widened as h sucked the man in front of him dry.

His skin, muscles and eyes leaving his body, leaving only bones left.

You covered your mouth to keep from screaming, tears beginning to fill your eyes as you trembled in fear, you couldn't move, you couldn't even bring yourself to breath as you stood in horror.

The monster suddenly turned it's gaze to you, his once empty eye sockets were now filled with the eyes of the man he had just sucked dry. Your heart beat quickly in your chest as he raised his hand, pointing his finger at you, his eyes never faltering as he growled out a single word.

"Mine."

You let out a loud scream as your body jerked upright in your bed, your chest was heaving and your hair stuck to your head from perspiration and the cold, night air greeted your face as your body shook in fear.

Warms hands suddenly came in contact with your shoulders.

Your body shot into defense mode instantly, you jerked around in the darkness, screams escaping your lips as your fists met with a firm chest.

"Let go of me!" You screamed in horror.

"Woman calm down!" A soft voice soothed. "It's me."

Your teary eyes finally focused on the face in front of you, your bottom lip quivering as your shaking body relaxed.

"Y-Yoongi," You sobbed quietly.

The raven haired man nodded, his tired, hazel eyes searching your face worriedly.

"You had a night terror," He stated as he moved his forehead to rest upon your own. You sobbed, body still in shock as he pulled away from you. "And your body is warm."

You continued to breathe heavily, fear still raking your body.

Yoongi removed his hands from your shoulders.

"I thought someone was trying to harm you."

You nodded as you hugged your knees.

"I-I'm sorry."

The soldier watched you tremble, ever since he met you, you had only been quick-witted and smart mouthed, he never imagined the day would come when he would see you genuinely terrified. You weren't scared of anything.

"I should get you medicine for your fever." He stated as he stood up from the bed.

Your eyes widened in fear, and you quickly moved to grab his hand.

Yoongi's eyes widened at your sudden action.

"Please don't leave me." You sobbed. "I-I'm so scared."

A pang of protectiveness shot through Yoongi's stone heart as his gaze moved to your tear-filled blue eyes. Your chest heaved in fright, and your bottom lip trembled from horror. He wanted nothing more than to turn around and walk directly out that door back to his post, and if it were any other woman he would have done just that.

But you weren't any other woman.

He slowly nodded his head, and pulled a chair up beside the head of your bed, sitting down in it, his hand holding yours tightly.

"Everything will be fine, woman," He stated. "I will stay and watch over you as you sleep."

You nodded, slowly laying your body back down, and covering yourself with the velvet comforter.

"Thank you, Yoongi."

He nodded as you closed your eyes slowly, your hand still grasping onto his as you slowly fell back asleep.

He couldn't stop the small smile from spreading onto his lips as you breathed quietly, your hair sprawled out around your head.

He didn't know why, but he suddenly leaned his head down, his lips gently kissing your hand.

He didn't seem to notice Taehyung standing in the doorway of your bedroom, a glare on his face as he watched the general's lip's touch your skin.

A/N,

I can't believe how many times I have updated today. There is something terribly wrong with me and I need help.

BUT I CAN'T STOP UPDATING BECAUSE I LOVE ALL OF YOU!

:)

-Max

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

190K 8.6K 27
Book II for 'You read fanfics about me?' one shot. "When we first met,I had no idea you would be so important to me" "Everyone say...
6.2K 552 37
Book 2 This time, no one knows what Jung Hoseok did exactly, but here's to hoping they don't die in the process of dealing with that mess.
22.3K 759 24
-I maybe an idol but that won't change the fact that I'm still a big fan of you.
688K 53.6K 40
You can say she's crazy, but her eyes see the spirits of the past.... She talks to them.... And they talk back. * * * * Book #3 in "The Blue Eyes" s...