Reckless Fearless Careless | ✓

By myreadingaddictions

"What are you doing here?" I ask but it comes out as a sob. I don't want him, or anyone for that matter, to s... More

Author's note
Character Aesthetics
1-Who Names Their Kid After A Gargoyle?
2-Sorry Sir, Girl Problems
3-It's Disney Time Bitches
4-Don't Call Me Maxi
5-Are You On Drugs Woman?
6-People Do Stupid Things Whilst Drunk
7-It's Not A Wall, It's A Person
8-Green Eyes Is Feisty
9-When Did You Meet That Idiot?
10-I Used My Friend's Green Crayon Without Telling Her
11-I Hope Max And Mason Have Planned My Funeral
12-I Painted Hugo's Room Hot Pink
13-The Big Bad Boy Needs A Nanny
14-I Completely Wrecked Mum's Car
15-Is He Half Robot Or Something?
16-Covered In Popcorn, Butter And Coke
17-Doing More Than Tutoring
18-Disney Is Life
19-The Tutor Code
20-You Only Won Because Of That Stupid Door
21-I'm Everyone's Type
22-Three Girls In One Night
23-A Royal Pain In The Arse
Character list
24-What The Hell Are You Doing In My Room?
25-You Think You Can Take Me?
26-Overly Thorough Directions
27-Dragged Through The Pits Of Hell
28-I Think I'm Going To Puke
29-Threatened By Random Year Eleven Girls
30-Did He Just Ask Me Out?
31-What's The Worst That Could Happen?
32-Why Am I Thinking Of Him?
33-Get Your Hands Off My Boyfriend
34-Cocky Bastards
35-I Love A Bad Girl
36-You're A Coward
37-Mystery Girl
38-I Dare You To Kiss Me
39-A Lingering Kiss
40-Walking Aimlessly In The Middle Of Nowhere
41-Sleeping With The Headmistress
42-Tearing Off Her Dress
43-How Much Did I Drink?
44-Zucchini Is A Made Up Vegetable
45-I Was His Everything
46-A Disapproving Look
47-I Just Care Too Damn Much
48-He Just Cares Too Damn Much
49-Save Her
51-Strawberry Ice Cream
52-Terrible In Bed
53-I Like You
Epilogue
Bonus #1: The Walls Are Soundproof
Bonus #2: Your Bedsheets Are Funny
New Book

50-A Toddler On Crack

12.6K 354 66
By myreadingaddictions

Chapter 50: A Toddler On Crack

He blinks back the few remaining tears as he smiles at me, looking blissfully happy. "Calm down, green eyes," he chuckles. "Let's let the doctors take that off."

Doctors? Oh, I must be in a hospital. That would explain the setting and the oxygen mask. But why?

I nod, not having the energy to raise my arm for any longer and letting it drop by my side. As Wyatt disappears to grab a chair, a nurse with mousy brown hair and soft brown eyes, removes the mask; checks my vitals; tells me a doctor will see me soon and walks away, giving me a kind smile as she does so.

Wyatt comes back moments later, a small plastic chair tucked under his right arm. "How are you feeling, green eyes?" He asks softly, sitting down.

I attempt a shrug but only with my left shoulder. "My right arm fucking kills and my head is pounding like crazy," I groan, causing him to let out a throaty chuckle.

He shakes his head at me. "Glad to see you've not lost your charm."

I stick my tongue out at him like a child which just makes him laugh harder. "God I've missed you, green eyes."

His words send a tingle rushing down my spine but after a few moments, I frown in confusion. "What do you mean? What happened?"

Everything is a blur for me if I'm honest. I remember going to River's house. What happened there is a little hazy but I'm pretty sure we broke up. Then I stormed out, vexed because of the whole situation.

Then everything goes black. I just can't remember.

A frown takes over his stunning features and in that moment I want nothing more than to turn up the corners of his mouth any way I know how.

He diverts his eyes from mine as he looks at the floor, wringing his hands together. "You got into an accident, green eyes."

Even though I guessed that much, I can feel my pulse increase, the unsteady beats of my heart drilling in my ears. I gulp but nod my head, encouraging him to continue.

"Well, you were riding my motorcycle back from River's house and you got hit by a lorry. Luckily, the paramedics got to you quickly otherwise you might not be here right now." His fists clench tightly as he speaks and he still won't meet my eyes.

"You — you've been out for a while. I was starting to worry that you wouldn't make it. Please, never do that to me again," he swallows hard at the end, the words causing his throat to go raw.

"How long?" I ask, hesitantly. He doesn't look any older, the only differences are the heavy bags under his eyes so it can't have been too long.

He breathes out a soft sigh. "Not too long so don't freak out. It just felt like forever from my end. Around three weeks. After your accident, you slipped into a coma. The doctors thought you'd get out of it in a couple days but with each passing day, they grew wearier.

Your heart even stopped beating at one point and that was the scariest moment of my whole life. You scared me fucking shitless, green eyes," he says, running his right hand through his messy, chocolate brown locks. "Who knew one person could make me worry so damn much," he finishes with a distant chuckle, his hand reaching to find mine and give it a tight, comforting squeeze.

A blush spreads across my cheeks but I shake it off quickly, instead focusing on the heavenly feeling of my hand intertwined with his own. Nothing else mattered at that moment, not my accident or even River.

He stands up from the uncomfortable looking plastic chair, still keeping ahold of my hand tightly in his own and takes the small step needed to reach me in my lying down position on the hospital bed. His electric blue eyes burn into my green ones as he leans down so he's centimetres from my face and tucks a stray strand of brunette hair behind my left ear.

His hot breaths send a shiver up my spine as he speaks in a low husky whisper, my whole body trembling in anticipation. "I'm so glad you're awake, green eyes. You have no idea how much you mean to me."

My breath catches in my throat as he leans further down to close the short distance between our lips. As usual, they're plump and pink and every time I look at them they become more and more inviting, convincing me to close the gap faster.

"Ah, Miss Kelly, glad to see you're awake," a loud voice chirps seconds before our lips meet, shattering the bubble of perfection Wyatt and I had created. Fucking hell, not again.

Wyatt jumps away from me so quickly that I'm surprised he doesn't fall backward. I stifle a laugh at his panicked expression as we both turn to face the kind looking doctor, oblivious to what she had just interrupted.

~*~*~

Almost an entire week passed before I was finally discharged from the hospital and I was feeling so much better. I was going to be stuck with my right arm in a cast for around six weeks but other than that I was practically as good as new.

So many people had come to visit me while I was stuck there, bored out of my mind.

Wyatt was there every day and Max came a lot as well. Mum had come basically every day with the twins and brought me a new sugary concoction each time without fail which I definitely wasn't complaining about.

Jordan, Chase, Oliver and Rebekah came and chatted for a while, telling me about all that I had missed in school — the amount of catch up work I have to do is utterly ridiculous if I'm honest.

Jess visited a couple times and I laughed every time she did. That redhead is so crazy and had so many interesting yet stupid stories about what she'd been up to.

Mason had stopped by a few times, chastising me about how stupid I was but in a way that just made me smile. Apparently, visiting me was the first time he'd left his home in weeks other than for school and this warmed my heart to hear.

I can't put into words how angry I am at Ava for what she did. Hurting me is one thing but destroying Mason is completely another. What's even worse is that she didn't bother to visit, not once.

Yes, we may not have spoken in a while but if roles were reversed I still would've come by to show I cared, it hurt a lot if I'm honest. Even James stopped by, he didn't speak to me in person because I think he knew that that'd be too much for me at the moment but he left me a bouquet of roses — my favourite flower — and some chocolates.

Ava couldn't even do that. Some best friend she turned out to be.

Ignoring all of that, it's my first day at school in about a month and to say I'm terrified is the understatement of the year. Last time most of these people saw me I was acting like a crazy person who'd lost all purpose in life — to be fair that's kind of true but I still don't need anyone speculating about it.

Max is taking me to school because none of us are really on speaking terms with Ava at the moment and as if on cue I hear his car horn from outside. I bid farewell to mum and the twins — they have some reading challenge thing or something so aren't going into school today, lucky shits.

"Hey Maxi," I greet as I hop into Max's gleaming red Ferrari (yep, the boy is loaded) and close the door softly behind me with my good arm.

He rolls his eyes at me and groans. "Come on, Ari, I thought we were passed this stupid nickname," he pouts, jutting out his lower lip.

"Never," I grin as he begins the drive to hell, shaking his head in amusement.

When we reach school, I hop out of Max's car, stumbling slightly because I tried closing the door with my bad arm, typical. Everyone turns when they see me, looks of pity, curiosity and judgement passing across their faces. I try my best to ignore them but I can't help the light pink colour that rises to my cheeks.

I sigh as I walk into school with Max, doing my best to avoid all their stares. I hate this. One month ago I wouldn't cower at the intrusive looks of those around me. I would match their stares with equal vigour and intimidate them instead.

People didn't mess with me, they minded their own business and left me alone. I miss that. Not in the sense that I want to do all of that stupid shit again but the peace was amazing.

Maybe I should take a leaf out of my own book. Even if I don't intimidate them I could at least ignore them all and hold my head up high. That was the reason all of this started and I'll be damned if I don't learn from my mistakes and follow through with my plans.

With this thought in mind, I lift my head up and walk to class with a new found confidence and a spring in my step, completely ignoring the looks of everyone around me. I've no reason to care about what they think. At the end of the day, they're strangers whose opinions don't affect me.

~*~*~

The gossip and stares didn't die down as the day progressed. It got to the point where people were openly gawking when I walked past so, me being the mature person I am, did the only logical thing I could think of: I flipped them the bird and carried on walking with a confident smirk.

Not giving a shit felt amazing and I can understand why Wyatt was adamant on me doing this, it's self-liberation.

Speaking of the devil, he's dropping me home today because Max has practice so at four o'clock I meet him by his car only to see a shit-eating grin on his face.

"What's put you in such a chipper mood?" I ask, sliding into the passenger seat.

His grin turns into his trademark smirk as he starts the engine, leaving this nightmarish place behind. "Nothing," he says with a mischievous twinkle in his eyes that ignites a curious fire in me.

"Wyatt, come on," I groan in fake annoyance as he stops at a red light, tapping his fingers rhythmically on the plush leather steering wheel.

He rolls his eyes dramatically, revving the engine as the light turns green, speeding much too fast like he usually does when he drives. I swear that this boy has no idea what a speed limit is. I subtly grip the sides of my seat as he replies. "Well, a little birdie may have told me that you have decided not to give a shit about everyone else's opinion and that you even flipped off the people who have been staring at you. You're finally growing some balls, green eyes."

I huff out a sigh of fake annoyance but the smile on my face at the showing of his pride is plain as day. "Yeah. Not caring and being an asshole is pretty addictive, I can see why you do it," I grin, smirking due to my backhanded compliment.

"You wound me, green eyes, truly but I'll let that one slide because you're injured," he comments, missing the turning for my house because he's driving like a toddler on crack.

"Slow down there, Mr. Fast-and-Furious, you were going so fast that you accidentally missed my house."

That glint in his eyes from earlier is back as he carries on in the same direction, choosing not to turn around despite what I've said. "On the contrary, green eyes, that wasn't an accident. Buckle up, I've got a surprise planned for us."

~*~*~

I think you guys are really going to like the next chapter ;)

I haven't really got much to say this time around (shocking, I know) but hopefully you're all enjoying the story thus far!

Well that's all for now, until next time, byeeeeee xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

423K 11.7K 35
"So?" He looked confused. "She's y- your-" I gulped. "My what Aurora?!" He exclaimed angrily. I jumped. "Don't raise your voice at me! She's your dau...
286K 4.5K 24
"Come on Austin. Please delete the video!" "No way." He smirks, "That'll be too easy." "What do you want from me?" "I need you to be my fake girlfr...
1.5M 35.1K 50
"I...I...was just....."I stuttered and he grabbed my jaws with his thumb and index finger,squeezing my cheeks. "Look at me when I'm talking to you."H...
108K 3K 43
A story, in which a typical teenage girl falls for the school's bad boy. Except, she's not that typical and he's not that much of a bad boy. *** "If...