For Her

By quruxley

[All Rights Reserved] "Sometimes shutting off the world is the best option" -Amara Lost, that's the perfect w... More

Book Dedication & Meet The Characters!
Chapter One: Two Worlds
Chapter Three: Girls Got Game
Chapter Four: Annoyed
Chapter Five: Young Love
Chapter Six: Expecting The Unexpected
Chapter Seven: Seeing Him
Chapter Eight: Car Washes, Water Fights & Promises
Chapter Nine: *Flash Back Chapter*
Chapter Ten: In France
Chapter Eleven: Walking The Streets Of Paris
Chapter Twelve: Secrets Unraveled
Chapter Thirteen: It's Okay To Cry
Chapter Fourteen: When Realization Hits
Chapter Fifteen: Letting It Go
Chapter Sixteen: Is This Love?
Chapter Seventeen: It All Goes Down
Chapter Eighteen: *Flashback Chapter*
Chapter Nineteen: Scared
Chapter Twenty: When A Stranger Calls
Chapter Twenty One: New Arrivals
Chapter Twenty Two: Love, Heart Break and Trouble
Chapter Twenty Three: When The Unimaginable Happens
Chapter Twenty Four: Happy
Chapter Twenty Five: Graduation
Chapter Twenty Six: Goodbyes& Happy Endings
Chapter Twenty Seven: *Flash Back Chapter*
Chapter Twenty Eight: The End Of An Era
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter: Through Ahmed's Eyes

Chapter Two: Become One

15.1K 867 135
By quruxley

" I never thought that I had a safe haven but now I've found mine and it's in my lord, and my family." -Amara Abdullahi, FH.

CHAPTER TWO: Become One

Amara Abdullahi

That's it Amara just turn the dang doorknob and push open the door, my mind commanded. If it were that easy then why does it feel so hard? Why do I always have a panic attack when it might not even be a big deal? "Amara, you can do it. Look... I know you're scared but we all are. So lets just all face our fears together." Hamid whispered to me. He's right, I can't just keep being scared. We need to see her and I'm the only one holding us back. With a big breath I turn the doorknob and push open the door. Mom was laying there watching the TV just like she always is. I let out a sigh of relief and ran up to her.

"Umma!" I exclaimed as I gave her a big hug and kiss.

Mahirah was next to tackle her in hugs and kisses. Hamid gave mom a peck on the cheek, we all just smiled glad that she was okay. "My babies, did I worry you?" Our mother asked with a sad look in her eyes. Before we could even answer the door opened and in came Amran and Nur. "Umma you're okay, Alhamdulilah" My sister exclaimed, showering mom with hugs and kisses as well. My brother-in-law, Nur, and Hamid both stood at the corner of the room talking about who knows what."Yes I'm fine Alhamdulilah. I just had a high fever that's all but I'm okay now." Umma responded as she smiled at all of us in reassurance.

I was glad to know she was okay, Alhamdulilah. It feels like I could put my heart to rest now. Like we could all finally breathe again, all I hope is that things could stay this way. Oh Allah please keep my family safe that's all I ask of you. In my life, I never thought that I had a safe haven but now I've found mine and it's in my lord, and my family.

* * *

The moment I walked into the bathroom to brush my teeth, I heard my brother's loud banging on the door. "Amara hurry up in the bathroom I need to take a shower!!" Hamid exclaimed as continued to knock on the door loudly. God, why does he always need it when I'm in the bathroom? Why couldn't he have used it thirty minutes ago when it was wide open? Twins, I swear. "Too bad so sad bro. I was in here first!" I called through the other side of the door. I could practically see him bang his head against the wall in annoyance. You don't go 17 years of being a twin without picking up somethings here and there.

"But you take forever!!" He whined.

"Just give me 10 minutes, God!" I groaned.

I then turned back around and looked at myself in the mirror ahead of me. I looked like the actual definition of a hot mess, with my dark brown hair poking out of all directions of my head, and I had bags underneath my black eyes. I quickly grabbed a comb and started to brush my hair, after that I washed my face and brushed my teeth. After 5 minutes I looked somewhat presentable so just to top it off I put my long brown hair in a high bun. I then opened the door and exited the bathroom. "Took you long enough." My brother groaned. "I take way less than you do and you know it." I replied with a smug grin. That shut him up for good.

I quickly grabbed a hijab just in case Nur decides to walk out any second. This is so tiring, I'm the only one that has to wear hijab around him. Mahirah doesn't wear the hijab, Amran is married to him so it doesn't matter for her and then there's me. I have to be cautious about wearing short sleeves or shorts in his presence I have to also wear a hijab too. My work is just never done, is it? After I got dressed I ran down the stairs into the wide kitchen where my siblings and brother-in-law sat eating breakfast."Oh, Mara you're ready, do you want something to eat?" Nur asked politely. I have to say if I had to have a brother-in-law then I'm glad it's him. Nur and Amran fit each other perfectly mashallah, maybe that's why they never could take their eyes off of each other even before they were married.

"Yeah sure."

I took a seat while he handed me the cereal, Amran handed me a bowl with a spoon while Hamid passed over the milk. After I made my cereal I took a few bites and checked my news feed for my Facebook account. I have 15 notifications. "Sorry sis, no phones at the table." Amran said as grabbed my phone. It's funny how with every passing day she's acting more and more like a parent than a sister. "Come on please? Just for one second? I have to check my news feed!" I begged. So what? I'm desperate, I need my phone in my hands at all times. I'm a phone-aholic if that's even a word. "Wow and I thought Amran was obsessed with her phone maybe it's an Abdullahi sister thing?" Nur stated with a laugh.

"It is not!" My sister and I said in unison.

That just made Nur, Hamid and even little Mahi laugh. Actually not just twins, my family I swear.

* * *

I parked my car in front of the school parking lot where all of the seniors were crowding around and talking. Hamid immediately walked up to his airhead jock friends while I searched for my best friend, Amelia. Amelia is my one and only friend here, we've been friends ever since kindergarten. She was the only person who was nice enough to talk to me on my very first day of school. Man, who knew kindergartners could be so mean?

"Hey girl."

I could recognize that sing-song voice anywhere, that ladies and gentlemen is the voice of my very best friend. "Hey Amy." I said as I slung my arm over her shoulder. Amelia is a Muslim but doesn't where the hijab which totally doesn't bother me. I mean we all can't be perfect right? God knows I am far from it. "Hey so how was your mom?" She asked in a solemn tone. "She's fine, just had a fever. Alhamdulilah it wasn't anything serious." I responded with a smile. Just as we were walking a group of girls were huddled in a group whispering. Oh God who are they gossiping about now? I really don't like people like that, who just talk about others and backbite. Don't they have better things to do with their lives?

"Did you see him today? I swear to God he looked so hot! Zubair Hassan should win the hottie of the year award." Brenda, one of the 'it' girls at this school, exclaimed as her and her pose walked past us. Amy and I just rolled our eyes as we walled passed them and to our lockers. Good thing they're right next to each other. "So who do you think this Zubair kid is?" Amelia asked as she looked back at the group of girls."Honestly who knows and who cares? I hate people like that who just gossip and fan-girl. Like they don't have better things to do with their lives." I responded as I opened my locker and grabbed my textbooks. I then looked at the time and noticed that we only have five minutes to get to first period, the period I dreaded, chemistry. "Yeah me too, backbiting isn't cool. But I'm kinda curious about Zubair, I mean how amazing is he?" Amy agreed, opening up her locker.

Only one thing crossed my mind at that second, who is Zubair Hasan?

* * *

The first half of school has been nothing but boring, every now and then my mind would wonder back to my mother. What if her condition worsens? I thought to myself with fear. What if we lose her? What am I going to do without my mom? I don't want to live to see the day she seizes to exist. I don't want to see the world without my beautiful mother. Ya Allah please heal her and let us try to be the family we once were, I prayed. Maybe I'm just overreacting to things again? I overreacted yesterday when mom was completely fine. I don't know why but ever since I was little I used to over react about everything. I guess I was just born like that. My dad used to say that I was the queen of making mountains out of molehills.

"Is this seat taken?" A male voice said from behind me, making me snap out of my trance like thoughts. As I turned around I saw a tall handsome and I mean really handsome boy come up to me. Man he looks like he's the real life middle eastern version of Ken! Instead of talking I shook my head and moved my bag so he could sit. Right now I'm in History class and I can't bother to pay attention to whatever Mr. Miller is talking about. "Can I see your notes? I forgot to write my own down." The handsome guy whispered looking kind of embarrassed.

I looked through my notebook and took out the notes I started writing and handed it to him. He smiled appreciatively which made smile a little back. "You don't talk much do you?" He asked as he looked at me suspiciously. What's that about? "Not to people I don't know, thank you very much." I replied in a somewhat sharp tone. That came out harsher than I intended it to. But he didn't seem to take any offense to it instead he laid back in his chair and grinned.

I'm not trying to be rude but today is just not my day. Plus I don't want to get in trouble by talking in class while the teacher is giving a lecture. That's happened to me once too many times. Why do you think I don't take classes with either Amelia or Hamid?

Exactly.

"You're talking now."

"Yeah because you're talking to me."

"Why don't you just ignore me then?"

"That's what I'm trying to do. Now can you please quiet down?!" I whisper-shouted.

"Ouch, that hurt. You're a feisty one, aren't you?" He said as he put a hand on his heart, pretending to be hurt.

"And you're an annoying one, aren't you?" I gave him a fake smile.

"Now you're really hurting my feelings." He pretended.

"Well, too bad then. No can you please leave me alone?" I practically begged.

"You've got spunk, I like it." He smirked.

Before I could say anything Mr. Miller looked at both of us.

"Miss. Abdullahi and Mr. Hassan, care to tell the whole class about your conversation? It seems that it's so important it couldn't wait so go on, the floor is yours." Mr. Miller stated as he crossed his arms over his chest and narrowed his eyes on us. Now the whole entire class was also watching us as well.Wait, did he just say Hassan? So he's the big Zubair Hassan every girl keeps talking about? Of course he is, I mean he's as good looking as they described. Okay not the time to think about that. I have bigger things to think about. My eyes widened as I looked around the class, everyone was staring at us. And Mr. Way-Too-Cool-For-School didn't seem effected by it, of course he wouldn't be.

"Actually Mr. Miller I was asking Ms. Abdullahi here if I could borrow her notes." He held it out so people could see. Smart move Hassan, at least this way we won't get into trouble.

"Okay I'm glad you were talking for learning purposes but that still doesn't excuse you guys from interrupting." Mr. Miller responded.

Uh oh, I don't like the sound of this.

"Both of you have detention today, don't be late."

Just then the bell rang and I got up out of my seat feeling nothing but outrage. I should've just kept quiet and ignored Ken over here, then this way I wouldn't have gotten detention. I barely even know this Zubair kid yet he already gave me a bad impression."Thanks a lot." I said, my tone dripping with sarcasm and anger. I walked out of the room and sped down the hallway eager to just get to my next class."Whoa, I'm sorry okay? How was I suppose to know Mr. Miller was going to drop the 'D' bomb on us? Speaking of us, I'm Zubair and you are?" He stated as he tried to catch up with me.

"Outraged!"

Like hell I would tell him my name. I don't want anything to do with him, I just want to finish the school day, go visit mom and go home. How hard is that? I can't believe he freaking made me get detention! "I'm not leaving until you give me a name, come on I told you mine!" He exclaimed, walking in line with me, our feet hit the tiled floors in unison. "Look I barely even know you, okay? So why don't we just go our separate ways? There. I like that plan." I snapped. This kid is truly testing my patience. "Oh wait, you're Hamid's twin. Ughhh... Amara Right?" He said completely ignoring what I just said.

Dang, I hate Hamid for telling him.

"I'm right. So see you around Amara!"

********************************************************************

A/N: I know that this chapter is pretty short and I'm sorry for that! Regardless, I still hope you guys enjoyed it. Much love!<3

*******************************************************************

STAY

QURUX

MY

QURUXLEYS

MWAH!!:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

500K 30.4K 46
Highest ranking, #1 in spiritual ( 10/7/2016 ) until ( 5/ 9/ 2016 ). How can you fix something that's already been broken, several times? I a...
433 46 8
TROPE-- MISUNDERSTANDING When a Muslim girl is not in her right path she herself don't know anything about her religion doing everything which is ha...
440K 18.9K 64
~Previously known as Secret Love.~ (Under editing) ~||Alhamdulillah😊 Winner 🏆 of Mystical 2.0 July Awards||~ You can never fight with your fate. T...
48.3K 1.8K 50
Arranged Marriage. It's what most Muslims go though, and Afghans are no exception. For Afghan's there is no such thing as 'love marriage'. Well, at...