Found. [J.H]

By Renee_Rose_

[Book I] Millie Carter is trying to not be a stereotypical foster kid. But it's hard when everyone she's fost... More

[Home]
[School and The Cullens]
[Animal Attacks?]
[Feild Trip and a Phone Call]
[La Push]
[We Know]
[A Car Trip]
[Jaspers Past]
[Dinner with the Cullens]
[Late Night Visit]
[Leaving]
[Baseball]
[Death Trap]
[I Love You]
[Prom]
Next Book!!!!

[Shopping]

5.5K 192 22
By Renee_Rose_

The sun had decided to bless Forks. Millie wears a dress for the first time since moving here. Bella and her walk outside, looking for their friends. "Are you sure you're okay Mills?" Bella asks for the hundredth time that day.

Millie rolls her eyes, flipping her hair to her other shoulder. "I'm fine, Bella." Bella can tell she's lying but she drops it.

They approach their friends. Jessica is on the grass, getting as much sun as possible. Millie takes a seat on the grass next to Jessica while Bella sits at the table, looking around the courtyard. "He's not here." Jess says. Bella blushes at being caught. "Whenever the weather is nice the Cullens disappear."

"They just... ditch?" Millie asks.

"No, Dr. and Mrs. Cullen yank 'em out for hiking and camping and stuff. I tried the idea out on my parents. Not even close."

Bella looks confused but before she can think further she gets hugged from behind. "I did it!" Angela takes a seat next to Bella. "I'm going with Eric to prom! I took charge just like you guys told me too." Angela high fives Millie.

"I knew you could do it." Millie smiles.

"Are you sure you guys have to go out of town?"

"Oh no we can't sorry. I have a family thing and Millie has to come." Bella doesn't really explain why Millie would come but no one questions it.

"Oh my God, we need to hit the stores in Port Angeles before the good dresses get cleaned out." Jessica says, with excitement in her voice.

Bella has some thoughts running through her mind and Millie can see a plan forming in her head. "Port Angeles?... Can we come too?" Bella doesn't even ask Millie but Millie knows she'll go along with it anyway.

"Thank god. We need your opinions." Angela smiles.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

Millie and Bella sit in the window seat of the dress shop. Millie keeps seeing Bella read a sheet of paper over and over again. Jess comes out of the changing room and poses in a "sexy" way. "I think this makes my boobs look big. What do you think, Girls?"

A knock on the window makes Millie spin and face some frat boys. They make obscene gestures and stare at Jess in her low cut dress.

"Disgusting." Bella mutters as the boys leave, shouting and yelling down the street.

"Bella?" Jess actually seems a little embarrassed by the frat boys. Millie nudges Bella.

"It looks great." She says, not really paying that much attention.

"You said that about the last five dresses though." Jess looks disheartened. Angela walks out of the dressing room with a light purple dress on.

"You're not very into this are you?" Angela asks sympathetically.

"Maybe I should just go check out the bookstore. I'll meet you at the restaurant later." Bella gets up and collects her things.

"You're not walking alone. I'll come." Millie says grabbing her bag too. "You girls look amazing by the way." Millie says as they leave the shop.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

Millie and Bella leave the bookstore as it begins to get dark. "Come on we'd better go before it gets too dark." As they walk they hear foot steps behind them. They see no one. "Let's go." Millie urges, linking arms with Bella. They cut across the road as they hear the footsteps get louder. They almost jog away. "Fuck." Millie swears as she realises that they have been cornered. Two men emerge from the shadows. It's two of the frat boys from the dress shop but they look really drunk now.

"You girls wanna beer?" One of the frat boys asks as two more come from the left and right. Cornering the girls even more.

"Just take my bag." Bella says taking off her book bag.

"We don't want your bag." He gives Millie the creeps. Bella wraps her book bag around her wrist, creating a make shift mace. Millie reaches into her pocket and gets out her pepper spray. The girls ready themselves. As the first frat boy gets close to Bella she swings her heavy book bag at him making him double over in pain.

The other frat boy heads for Millie. With lightning quick reflexes, she sprays the can right into his eyes. "Fuck!" He screams, writhing around on the ground in pain.

As the girls ready themselves for the next boys, bright headlights stop everyone in their tracks. Edward and Jasper jump out. "Get in." Bella runs to the passenger side and jumps in. As Millie runs over Jasper grabs her by the hips and all but throws her in the back seat.

"Really?!-" Millie is cut off when Jasper slams the door on her. She swears that she saw a small smirk on his face but it's so quick she's not sure if she really did. Edward and Jasper glare at the remaining frat boys. Who run away as fast as they can.

Jasper joins Millie in the back seat. He looks tense. Millie sits far away from him. Edward begins to drive like a mad man. Obviously he's angry.

Jasper looks at Millie and gives her an odd look. She looks right back. He looks away, almost looking sheepish. Millie can hear Edward and Bella argue in the front seat but she was about to take a very big leap of fate and the only thing she could hear right now was her pounding heart. Millie slid across the backseat, right next to Jasper and placed her hand on his thigh. Squeezing gently.

"We're okay." She whispers. After a second he puts his hand over hers and squeezes tight.

"Don't do that again." He seems strained. Millie looks at him and she can see the worry in his eyes. She nods. He seems to relax a little and tentatively  puts his arm around her shoulders. Millie loves the comfort of his arm around her and slowly falls asleep as they drive.

Millie feels the car stop but she can't muster any strength to care. She feels content to stay in Jaspers arms. She hears him and Edward talk and suddenly she's being lifted. She leans into the person lifting her and she can tell it's Jasper. "Just please be careful with her." Millie hears Bella warn. "If her mother's find out that she got hurt under my watch they'll kill me." Millie smiles. She likes thinking of Anne and Sarah as her mother's. Her thoughts turn negative. She'll be leaving them anyway

'Who even cares.' She thinks as she's transferred into another car. Millie falls back asleep, bad dreams clogging her mind. She feels a hand on hers and she feels better.

Jasper stares at Millie. He is screwed. How he let this beautiful creature anywhere near him is beyond him. Millie doesn't need him, she needs someone who she can rely on. She thrashes a little in her sleep and Jasper can feel the negative emotions spiralling. He tries to change them but he can't. He feels useless. He grabs her hand and she stops trashing around and her negative emotions slowly turn into positive ones.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

They pull up at Millie's house and Jasper slowly shakes her awake. "Millie you're home." She blinks a couple of time, yawning and stretching as she registers what's going on around her.

"Oh," She starts. "I didn't even realise." She gets out of the car and Jasper follows suit. He walks her up to her front door and before she can knock Jasper grabs her hands.

"Millie if I'm to continue talking to you, you need to know you can do so much better than me. I'm not a good-," he hesitates to say 'person.' "Person, Millie."

Millie thinks about this before disagreeing. "If you were such a bad person you wouldn't tell me." She grips his hands tighter, smoothing over his knuckles. "And I can make my own "bad" decisions." She laughs. As she laughs she looks at Jasper with a smirk. She leans in closer, looking at his lips and just as they are about to meet. The door slams open, making the teens jump apart.

"Oh Millie, it is you." Anne says. "I knew I heard talking." Millie glares at her and Anne looks between them and gasps. "Oh! I'm sorry!" She goes to close the door but loudly whispers to Millie. "He's very very cute."

"Anne!" Millie yells, going red. Anne closes the door and is presumably going off to tell Sarah all about this boy. "Sorry about that." Millie mumbles, sheepishly.

"No problem Darlin'. Another time?" He starts walking towards his car.

Millie makes a split second decision. She runs full speed towards Jasper, jumping into his arms. He catches her with a confused looks but it doesn't last long as she kisses him with all her might. Fireworks go off in Millie's head and all Jasper can feel is pure love radiating from her. He takes a step back and leans on his car as they continue to kiss. Millie pulls away first, peppering his face with light kisses as she does. She gives him a blissed out look. "I didn't think I could wait till the next time."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

506K 10.1K 49
~Carlisle Cullen love story~ Sophie swan daughter of Charlie swan and Renee.. sister of Bella swan. Sophie see's the world as black and white.. but s...
515K 9.8K 46
Rhea Swan is often the forgotten twin sister of Bella Swan. Rhea currently lives with her mother but is moving back to Forks with her sister. Until t...
Love Bites By ki

Fanfiction

80.6K 2.3K 20
Twilight x Reader β€’β€’β€’ Your name is (Y/n) Swan. You just moved to Forks from Arizona, to live with your father, Charlie. On your first day back you de...
1.9M 49.5K 98
she had high hopes she would have a great ending to her life, but moving in with her dad and falling in love with a boy she shouldn...