Happily Ever After {Zelink}

By 0SakuraCosmos

This is their story, Zelda and Links happy ever after. This is the tale of how they rebuild Hyrule, make last... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10!!!
Stan Lee
~ Chapter 11 ~
Chapter 12!!!!!
Chapter 13
Chapter 15 - Yellow
Chapter 16 - Change
NOT AN UPDATE
Chapter 17 - Zirin's Feelings
Chapter 18 - A Journeys Beginning
Chapter 19 - The Royal Steed, Daisy
Chapter 20 - Strong and Kind
Chapter 21 - Goron City
Chapter 22 - I Love Her: Part One
Chapter 23 - I Love Her: Part 2
Truly A Happy Ending

Chapter 14 - Falling

3.3K 48 45
By 0SakuraCosmos

Art does not belong to me.

Guys, we hit 500+ reads!
Thank you!

Last chapter~

Paya told Link how she really feels, but had her heart broken when he couldn't accept her undying love.

Zelda's P.O.V~
Last full day at Kakariko

It has been a week, and is time for me and Link to depart. Tomorrow.

Paya has been deep in thought the whole time, not speaking to me or Link. But I have noticed her .... disappearing almost. She is nowhere to be found in that time, and seems to be the slightest bit happy when she returns.

I have asked her where she was going and if she was alright, but says that everything is fine.

She still has not told me what happened that night, along with Link.

Paya seems to avoid him at all costs, I'll even see her walk the other way if she catches a glimpse of him.

I am a terrible friend, to eavesdrop on her private conversation and pretend that nothing is wrong.

Besides that, we are more than prepared.

All the commotion and business has lead me to think of the future. I have a plan in my mind, which is not so.... clear. It's the basic idea, nothing more, nothing less.

First, we travel to the Divine Beasts and see what state they are in, as well as to see if my theory is correct. The theory being: Ganon is sealed away, meaning there is no need for the Divine Beasts as well as the Guardians. So, they no longer have the ability to be controlled or piloted, hence, they no longer function. And, finally, to ask permission to help in the rebuild of Hyrule. And then.... rebuild Hyrule I suppose. This plan sounds simple... but it is quite far from it. Personally I wish Robbie was here to help, but he had showed me the ways to check the ancient machinery. Not only that, I had spent a large amount of time looking over the guardians and divine beats, so I as well know plenty.

Currently, I am relaxing. All this running around has made me exhausted. Not only that, I.... I'm waiting for Paya. I am so worried for her, and I wish for her to come with us. I cannot bring up what happened, though. As much as I want to, it will upset her.

I enjoy the tranquility of Kakariko Village a last time before leaving tomorrow. I view the peaceful village as I sit next to an apple tree that stands tall near an ancient Shekiah shrine. Link, of course, right next to me.

Once again, Paya has gone missing.

Paya's P.O.V~
5 Days Prior
Present Time

I had woken up and honestly completely forgot what had happened. But after being alone with my thoughts for less than 3 seconds, it all came rushing back to me.

I am ignorant.

I immediately got up, knowing that no matter what I just needed to be alone, and far away from Link. Not that I hate him, it's just.... I feel from the sight of him I could just burst into tears.

I can't help Zelda since Link will be at her side at all times, but I..... I also have to think about what Link has offered. I don't know.

For me, it would be awkward and unpleasant. But..... an adventure. An experience. Something........ new.

That's is something I've yearned for a very long time.

All it's ever been is the same old style of the Sheikah, the rocky cliffs, and the pressure of being the next leader. New experiences and something that I'm not familiar with excites me.

I decide to go to my favorite spot in all of Kakariko Village. But... I also can't help but think about Zelda. Will she be worried? Will she think I am mad? I'll try to sort it out. Make up and excuse.

Anyway, this spot is not a very safe place to be since it's out of the village. Personally, I think of myself as shy, but to have a ....  free side. Exciting? Wild? I don't know what to call it... all I know is..... The Breath of the Wild makes me feel free. There's no one to judge me or to tell me what to do.

Freedom.

That's why, this journey, is my dream.

I feel Zelda looks at nature in more of a beneficial way, I just enjoy the beauty.
The best of both worlds I suppose.

After walking, about half way there, I notice Link isn't guarding the front door. Maybe he's sleeping? He was injured last night. It's... just surprising.

As I walk, I also ask myself what I'm even doing. Am I running away? Am I just going to a safe place no one can bother me? Am I being childish?

I shake the thoughts out of me, and start sprinting.

I run past the ancient shrine, and take a right, now entering the peaceful forest. I slow down, and see something quite peculiar. A blue bunny?

As I approach it, it disappears into thin air. Strange, I've never seen anything like it. But it's also familiar, so I suppose I have seen it before?

I forget about it, and continue on the path to come upon the old bridge. I cross it with caution. And I come to another shrine, to notice plant life thrives here. So I decided to collect some of the fauna. Hylian Shrooms, Blue Nightshade, Silent Shrooms, etc.

I store it in my inventory.

Link is the one who taught me what to collect when in the wild, so I thank him for that.

I walk past the shrine, and go up the hill behind it. The hill is not an easy climb, but has gotten just the slightest bit easier overtime.

I lift myself up and walk a few steps to see a silhouette standing in my spot.
My spot overlooks Kakariko and has and abundance of wild flowers growing there.

Should I run away? I should run away.

I turn and slowly walk the opposite direction.

"Hey! Are you from Kakariko?"

My whole body freezes.

I turn around to find the shadow is actually a somewhat handsome Sheikah man, near my age.

"Y-yes." I say, nervously.

"Sorry, what was that?"

"Y-y-yes!!" I yell, sort of.

"Oh. Thank you! I'm Zirin!"

Thank you? For what?
This guy seems nice, so I walk over to him still keeping distance between us.
"I am Paya." I try my best to say with confidence.

"Nice to meet you. I was wondering if you were from Kakariko Village?"

"I am."

"I want to enter, but where exactly is the entrance?"

Should I tell him? I don't think he is a bad guy, maybe it will be fine?

"Why do you w-want to know?" I say, trying my best to be heard.

"Ah, well you see, I am a Sheikah which I feel is obvious. I won't tell you the whole story but... I want to travel the world and Kakariko Village is my first destination, especially since I share blood with the people that live here."

That sounds.... amazing. If only I could do something like that. But what if he's..... dare I say..... a Yiga?

"I-I understand...."
I'm still not sure, he seems genuine.....

"You still seem unsure of telling me... would you like to get to know me?"

...... What? What a strange man.....
Honestly, I do. He makes my heart flutter in a different way than Link did.... I can't quite explain it.

I have to be careful, though. He is a stranger.

"I.... suppose....?"

After talking with him and exchanging things we like and such, I realized he's quite charming. And I did not share any important or serious information, in fact I lied about a few things.

And he asked the strangest thing... he wanted to meet me here again, same time tomorrow.

The thing is: is this a date? Or is this a friendly type thing?

Either way, I came to really enjoy his company. It's always been hard to make friends but me and Zirin.... connected? I'm not sure....

Maybe.... I'm just using him.

... as an ....

escape.

Maybe it's the Goddess giving me a break.... either way, he seems like a good guy and a good friend. Who could ask for more?

Zirin... the name has a good ring to it.

After talking, I did, in fact, give him directions to the entrance. He said his good-byes and that he would see me in the village.

I had sat staring at the village until night fell, when the fireflies came about and I sulked back to my room, where I would see Zelda and most likely Link. Which reminded me of Links proposal... I push it into the back of my mind.

Oh, whatever will I do?

I walk back, and once again, Link is not guarding the door.

I tell grandmother goodnight and go up the stairs to my room where I find Zelda sleeping soundly. But, she is still graceful. Not a hair out of place, no snoring, no drool, she's definitely royalty.

I lay down, trying to sleep, but I can't stop thinking about everything. I hate those type of thoughts that keep you awake at night.

First off: I stupidly, in the moment, told Link.... you know....
And now I have a mysterious friend which I know nothing about, yet we are meeting again tomorrow. AND I must decide my answer quickly..... 5 days.... they will leave.

But soon enough, I fell asleep.

I'm looking forward to see Zirin tomorrow. His words and dreams are similar to mine, he has captivated me.

He's perfect.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 76 27
~Having returned after two years, I decided to edit The Heroes' Rebirth. I changed (hopefully) all of the spelling errors, fixed the grammar and chan...
64.3K 1.4K 15
A sequel to my story, Before the Calamity. After the fight with Ganon, Link and Zelda are reunited. However, things are not as perfect as they sho...
140K 3.1K 46
A story which both Zelda fans and people who don't even know what Nintendo is can enjoy. It's a princess's dream to be swooped away by her knight in...
42K 1K 100
"I started to live the day I met your eyes." My life had always been planned out. Being the top of class, getting an economics' degree in Hyrule's Un...