Camp Half Blood: Magic and Vi...

By LukeIsMePenguin

They're back, and they're... not exactly ready. Vex: Cunning and ruthless, Vex isn't new to killing to get wh... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 12

32 1 0
By LukeIsMePenguin

Rose's POV:

Will and I made our way down to the cells in silence. I felt like I believed Will when he said that there was nothing between him and that girl, but I couldn't be so sure. We've been apart for so long, and Will is such a good guy that I knew someone would take to him like I did. I hoped that the next time I saw him he'd be single and I could maybe start something with him... or think about starting something... but this is better. He deserves someone better. After knowing how I was with Nathan and Ben, he deserves someone loyal and kinder. Ben and I... well I do still think he deserves someone better, but I also think that Ben and I are meant to be. Ben loves me and I think as of now, I've never loved anybody more. I was stupid to leave seeing as I'm in this crappy situation again. But I guess I am glad that I was able to see my mom again. And, if this ends the way I hope it will, she's willing to move to New York to be closer to me. After a while, I realize we have arrived. "Rose? Is that you?" I hear a familiar voice.

"Shadow? Is that you?" I see a figure walk over to the bars of her cell, the light revealing I was right.

"Rose... oh gods it's so good to see you! But you're here... that could either mean you're here to break us out or..."

"Yeah... it's the 'or'." I say with a harsh tone of voice that I directed towards Will more than anyone else.

"Will, you did this?" Walker chimed in.

"Walker? You're alive too?! Gods, I'm glad you guys are ok, but I never intended on seeing you like... like this..." I said sadly. Walker just gave me a weak smile, deciding to wait on Will to answer his question. Will stayed silent.

"Will didn't do this. Olthen came to my house. He threatened to harm my mother... so I came willingly." I explained.

"I really wouldn't define that as willingly, Rose." Shadow replied. I shrugged. "Will... you're just gonna let this happen?" I cut Will off before he could speak.

"Yes he is because I value my mothers life and that's that. So with that said... open the door." I gestured to the cell across from Shadow and Walker. Will looked down at me with pleading eyes.

"Rose... please don-"

"Open it." I commanded. Will looked down and obeyed, opening the cell door. I stepped inside slowly and turned back to face him. He wouldn't meet my gaze. "You need to close it, Will." He shook his head.

"I-I can't, Rose. I just... I c-can't! I don't want to put you in this position again! Y-you of a-all people don't deserve it!" Will broke down and fell to his knees. He had his head in his hands. I could hear his soft sobs. I rolled my eyes, beginning to feel guilt. I shouldn't feel any guilt though... I shouldn't... so I pushed it down. I looked to Shadow and Walker with an expression that asked them what I should do. Walker bit his lip and shrugged. Shadow, though, gestured to Will and nodded her head. I took a deep breath and walked out of my cell over to him. I kneeled down next to him and put my hand on his back.

"Will... I forgive you. But this... this has to happen. You know it does... I know you have a good heart and I know that you'll do the right thing. Just... please don't prolong this. Close the door and lock it. Everything that comes after that, we'll take one at a time. Okay?" I tried to say as calmly and as comforting as possible. Will finally took his head out of his hands. His cheeks were wet and he had red eyes from crying. He nodded and I helped him get up. He finally closed me in the cell and locked it. Will eventually left without another word and I walked over to the wall and slid down it into a sitting position with my head in my hands. I took a deep breath.

"Rose, are you okay? Did Olthen get ahold of you at all?" I heard Shadow speak up once Will was completely gone. I attempted to get myself together as I spoke.

"No, no I'm fine. I came with him without a fight." I reassured her.

"I didn't mean physically." She said. I thought for a moment before replying.

"Oh... well... I don't know. I don't think he'd hurt my mom at this point so that gives me piece of mind. I just... everything happened so fast this morning." I explained. Shadow let out a sad, inexpressive laugh.

"Olthen likes to catch his victims off guard. I'm not surprised. But I... I have to ask you something." She spoke cautiously.

"Yeah?" I questioned, not really curious about what she had to say. I had too much on my mind to care.

"Did Damian make it out?" She asked feebly. I've never heard her like this, but I knew she loved him and I had to be nice about it.

"Yeah. Yeah he did. He's doing well but... he really misses you." I told her.

"So we were right then. There's some kind of magic interference on the cage." She said coming to a conclusion. I rolled my eyes.

"Well that's just great then." I said sarcastically.

"I told Will to try and find someone who could take it off, but he's... not doing too great. Olthen's keeping him isolated." I rolled my eyes again and smiled, hurt.

"Well he looked to be doing fine when I saw him in town." I said more aggressively than I wanted to.

"Really? Was Olthen with him?" She asked.

"..." I refused to speak. How I saw him still hurt me. I hated seeing him with another girl. I really did. I don't care if there's nothing going on with him and her, but seeing that he's capable of looking happy with someone else just... it pissed me off. I guess now that I think of it, I was more mad that he got to be happy before me. I felt that after everything, I should be the one to finally feel like that. But no. Never.

"Rose?" Shadow snapped me out of my thoughts.

"He wasn't with Olthen." I said blankly.

"...But he was with someone, wasn't he?" She pressed. I rolled my eyes, but it was too dark for her to see me.

"...yeah. He was." I agreed.

"A girl?" I sighed.

"I...Yeah..." I bit my lip.

"So that's either... Vex or Sienna, I think."

"Does it even matter? I saw him with a-a girl and... gods I'm so done. I wish Olthen would just do whatever he has to do already." I stuttered out, feeling defeated.

"It sort of matters, but if he didn't say anything to her, then I guess it doesn't anymore." I looked up to her, confused.

"What do you mean?" I questioned.

"Well, one of them is Olthen's girlfriend and the other is his sister. I don't know who is who, but both of them have the power to help us out. I'm not even sure they know we exist." I nodded.

"I saw Olthen's girlfriend. It wasn't her that was with Will." I stated.

"Will is my best friend, but he's driving me insane. He didn't tell the literal magic user?"

"Tell who, what?" I said, still confused.

"Sorry, I'll explain a bit. Olthen's sister is on the godly side, so we're assuming she has magic too. Rumor has it that she's not too fond of Olthen. She might've been willing to help us escape." Anger swam through my veins, but I tried to hold it back, for their sake.

"Whoever she is, I don't trust her. And I don't trust Will. Not anymore." I said, trying to get straight to the point.

"I don't know how much faith we can put in her either. But we have to trust Will. I know he's doing what he can, he's just afraid." She tried to vouch for him. For some reason, I was still holding a grudge against Will. Maybe I was just jealous of his happiness that I saw that day... or maybe it's something else? Who knows at this point. I know I don't.

"Shadow, I meant it when I said it. I don't trust him. I can't."

"Why can't you?"

"He's weak, Shadow. You know it as well as I do. We wouldn't be in this situation if he was strong enough to stand up for himself! And if he can't stand up for himself, then how is he supposed to do anything for us? I'm done with him and it'd be stupid for you to not feel the same." I said, standing up now at the cell bars. I clenched them in my fists, my knuckles turning whiter than snow.

"I'm not going to turn my back on my friend, Rose. I've known Will for years." Shadow said, standing at the bars of her cell. We were face to face, but still far away being on opposite sides of the hallway.

"People change. Because he obviously already turned his back on you." I spat. I could tell Shadow was fed up with my attitude, but I just couldn't seem to hold myself back. I felt bad because I really like Shadow. I'm just hurt and angry and impatient at the moment. Too many emotions going on.

"We have enough negativity in this cell, Rose. You don't need to add to it. I know he's going to pull through. Damian and Corbyn will too." I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms.

"Fine. But when things end differently than you think, and they will, don't come crying to me." I said retreating to my small mattress that was at the darkest corner of the cell. I sat down and crossed my legs, leaning my back on the cold cement wall.

"If things end badly then there won't be anyone to cry to. We accepted that on day one. If you lose hope, you lose everything." I let out a laugh.

"I lost hope a long time ago. But for everyone else's sake, I will hope that whatever Olthen has planned is worth it." I closed my eyes, waiting for... I don't know, actually. The end? Of anything.

"Rose, hang in there, at least for our sake. It's tough enough getting through each day already. We have to look for the positives." Shadow said this so... so hopefully. I almost felt sick.

"There are no positives though. None. I'm back in this same situation I was in with the same captor. What am I supposed to do? The only thing I know that I can do is to do whatever Olthen tells me to. I'm not gonna fight. I'm done fighting." I said. I was so tired. At this moment, I actually realized how tired I was. I've had time at camp to relax, but it was spent wallowing and sleeping and eating. But now that I'm actually talking about it and thinking about it, I'm freaking exhausted. Emotionally, physically, mentally. Gods, someone send help.

"That's your choice then. I just... I can't believe you'd do this after what happened." I rolled my eyes for what seemed like the hundredth time. If she even knew what actually happened to me.

"He has full control of what he does to my mother, Shadow. I'd let him kill me, I swear I would. But when it comes to my mom, I'd do anything to save her." I said simply, but strongly.

"No, that I can understand. But this is just wrong. You're letting him have this control over your mom and your entire life? You're not going to try and stop it? Will broke every rule to save you last time, and now you're calling him weak? You're right, people do change. But we haven't." I looked at her, shocked.

"I woke up with a shock bracelet around my ankle and my mom in a room with a duct tape on her mouth while she was tied down. I didn't exactly have a fighting chance, Shadow. What rules am I supposed to break!? If there was any chance for me to break, then I'd break them. I can't see any at the moment, but ya know what? When I see one I'll be sure that you're the first person I tell. And I appreciate everything Will did for me. But that's in the past. And I'm trying to forget that at the moment. For my boyfriends sake and my own." I could see Shadows knuckles tighten around the bars of her cell door. I had a feeling I wasn't gonna like what she had to say next.

"Gods, Rose. We woke up with duct tape and rope too, and Walker's legs were broken! Guess who helped us out there? Will. Because he doesn't leave his friends behind. Where is everyone else anyways? Ben, Myra, and Cole? They must know you left them." I was right.

"Myra swore not to come with me and Cole would never leave her side. And as for Ben he... he trusts me so he listened to me. Don't ever talk about Ben like that, okay? He's nothing like Will. Will is just obeying Olthen's orders. He had to help Walker because Olthen needs him ready for a freaking war. I don't think friends would lock you up in a cell, by the way. If he really cared he would have tried a little harder, don't you think?" I said in a harsh tone. I was sitting up straight and I clenched the ends of the mattress in my fists. I wanted to knock her lights out. She's lucky I didn't have access to my powers or else she'd be dead by now.

"Don't ever talk about Will like that! Like you know who he really is! All you did was take advantage of him! You never cared for him!" I got up out of my seat for this and rushed to get as close as I could to the bars to try to intimidate her. She seemed taken aback by my sudden burst of energy, but stood her ground.

"Oh, so he told you he was gonna try to change Olthen, huh? He told you that he wouldn't stop until he turned Olthen into a 'good guy'? He said he'd die for him and I have a feeling that's gonna be his fate if he keeps up his crap. And I did care about him, Shadow. I did. But things weren't great at the time and I kinda wanted to save my friends' brain from being turned into mush! She was my number one priority and if I had to do it over again, I wouldn't have changed a thing." I spat out my words like venom once again.

"Will looks up to Olthen because he's been forced to, and you know that. I get that you fought for Myra, but now? What do you think you're getting out of wasting away in your cell and hiding? You actually think Olthen will let your mom live after dealing with him? I know him. He doesn't like loose ends. She's probably already gone, but he's not going to tell you that." I looked at her, shocked. A tear rolled down my cheek and I let it. I bit my lip and walked back over to my mattress. I stared at it instead of sitting down.

"Well if she's dead then I'll make my end closer. Olthen can't use me if I'm dead too." I finally decided to sit down. I kept my back turned away from Shadow, though.

"Ugh... Rose, I'm sorry okay? I didn't mean that. I'm stressed out, and frankly you're not helping. But you can't let go that easily. You're stronger than that." I shook my head.

"You don't understand what I've had to go through so far... I should have ended this sooner anyways, Shadow. I'm surprised I haven't already..." I said genuinely. I was surprised...

"Myra talked about that a lot too. Towards the end, I mean." I suddenly heard another voice. It was Walker. He's been so quiet that I almost forgot he was here too. I had a sudden feeling of guilt for making him listen to our bantering.

"What? What did she tell you?" Shadow chimed in, curious.

"What didn't she tell me? There were some real uncomfortable things I want to forget." Walker said, his voice monotone and without expression.

"Tell her." I stated. She should know.

"Everything? Do I have to go into detail on the Cole stuff?" I smiled sadly.

"Uh... I'm not sure what she said but no. Anything she said about me, Nathan... the castle." I explained.

"Lucky for us, we've got all the time in the world. I could probably recite this word for word." Walker said and then began. It took awhile and it hurt a lot, but he finally finished telling Shadow everything. And I mean everything. Myra had seen it all and been through it all. She knew everything, and now Walker did too. Along with Shadow at the moment.

"Wait, and this was how long ago?" Shadow said in disbelief.

"I... I can't even remember. It feels like decades but I don't think it was even longer than a year." I shrugged.

"It wasn't. You got to Myra before the Winter Solstice." Walker chimed in.

"That's... awful." Shadow said in an apologetic voice.

"Do you understand now? How I just want to forget? I... It hurts. So much." I said, distraught.

"No offense, But I think you guys have dealt with enough forgetting." I smiled sadly and shook my head.

"Myra has. But me? I think I should get my chance. I can't stand it anymore." Silence consumed us.

"Can I ask you something?" Shadow finally spoke up.

"I guess so."

"Why didn't you bring everyone with you to see your mom?" I looked into her eyes. Curiosity laced her expression, but sadness laced mine.

"It was... more than just to see my mom. And I didn't exactly plan on coming back." I explained.

"Right, that was your version of forgetting." I smirked and let out a sad laugh.

"It didn't work out so well." She smiled too.

"No kidding. But at least you're stuck with us now." Before I could reply, a huge bang sounded, drawing all of our heads towards the source of the noise. It was the door, and Olthen entered the room.

"I think it's about time I give my guests a visit." Olthen exclaimed. I heard screams coming from afar. When they got closer, I could only make them out as being from Will.

"NO NO!!! OLTHEN, PLEASE DON'T!!!!" Before Will could get even close to the door, Olthen used his magic to slam the door to the cells closed and lock it. I could hear banging and muffled screams from the other side, which made fear rise into my body.

"That background noise simply won't do." Olthen smirked deviously.

"O-Olthen? What's going on?" Shadow asked.

"I would assume you're all doing well, so I won't bother asking." He ignored her.

"Why are you here, Olthen." I commanded him to answer. I didn't let my fear show in my words.

"Rose! I'm glad you're the one who decided to speak up first. Do you remember why I would have a reason to come down here?" Olthen put emphasis on the word 'remember' but I ignored it, hoping it meant nothing.

"I... because you need me for something?" He rolled his eyes with a huge smile on his face that gave off an unsettling feel.

"Don't get ahead of yourself. It's important to remember you're all equally worthless in my eyes. But you certainly make some things easier." He said, walking closer to my cell.

"Are you gonna tell me what you're here for then or?..." Just then, Olthen took out a needle that brought back horrible memories... I had a feeling I knew what was to come next...

"So hasty, Rose. Patience is a virtue, you know." He said beginning to fiddle with keys that, most likely, would unlock my cell door.

"I-Is that for me?" I questioned, fear getting the better of me, making me stutter. I could still hear Wills cries and please and muffled banging at the door and it was driving me insane.

"And now greed! What's gotten into you, Rose? So ill mannered. I'll have you know this is for the three of you. Something special Will has been working on."

"Okay... let's just-...just get this over with then..." I said getting up and walking over to the cell door. It swung open in front of me, and the last thing I can remember is Olthen's maniacal smile imprinted in my mind.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6K 269 41
I said I wouldn't post this, but here we are. (Updated summary) Percy Jackson has gone missing. Olympus has closed. Great, time for a new quest. Rach...
9.2M 323K 54
•••Completed••• ••He pushes me against a wall, like yesterday, but this time he starts trailing small kisses along my collar bone and up my neck befo...
7.1K 316 35
I look around at the city before me. Mortals slumped over, fast asleep. For once, the city of life is completely silent. "Imena... you know who did...
679 57 32
Sean is fitting right in. As soon as he stepped foot in camp half-blood, he knew it was right. He was put into just the cabin he was hoping, and he l...