Horror Stories • Volume 1 •

By CosmiclyCosmicWrites

A collection of horror stories written by me. There will be old and new horror stories that will be added her... More

Write
Perchta
Suffering From Nightmares
Blank Expression
The White Death
Just Tales
You Will Help Me
Katie
Purses
The Man
He Wanted To Know
A Terrifying Uber Experience

Love Changes A Person

46 2 2
By CosmiclyCosmicWrites

A/N: What's this? I uploaded again. Well that's a shock! Yes, this is a part 2 to the previous chapter. After receiving positive reviews, I decided to write a second part. I had just as much fun writing this one. I'd say I got a bit more creative with this part. With that being said, please enjoy the story!

"Several years have passed since the disappearance of Alex Smith. After the case went cold for well over a year, evidence has arisen that may very well indicate that Alex is dead. A body of a young man was discovered in a lake by a witness who wishes to remain anonymous. The body was in it's last stages of decay, so it was impossible to perform a DNA test. However, the physical traits of the corpse match that of Alex Smith's. The cause of death has been ruled out as accidental drowning, as no physical trauma to the body was discovered. The police department, along with the jury, have since now declared the case as solved."

With a smile on her face, Mysty turned off the TV. Finally, she was in the clear. Who would have thought that police would be so easy to trick?

"I should really thank Alex's father for volunteering to be the fake body."

She chuckled at her own joke before sitting and staring out of the window.

She took very precise precautions to make sure the law wouldn't get in the way of her process of making Alex as subservient as one could get to a person, as well as a slave to her love.

It didn't go exactly how she wanted it to happen, as she couldn't bare to hurt her precious love, but when desperate times arise, desperate measures arise along with them. Almost in a backwards way, she was grateful for the experience she went through a couple of years ago, as it provided her with the inspiration she needed, along with a helping hand, be it through questionable methods.

And from that very process, out sprouted Mysty's pride and joy, her daughter Amelia. She loved her with all her heart and would do anything to ensure her happiness. The circumstances of how she came to be were ones Mysty had little care about, all she had to do was keep her daughter indoors, in case any suspicion or slipups came to be.

However, just like her when she was younger, her little baby found a Iove of her own. From the instances that Amelia was let outside, she spotted a boy her age who seemed to be perfection in her eyes. She would beg to have more time outdoors, just so she could spy on him and admire him from afar. It disrupted the strategical system that was created by Mysty to keep her family away from the public eye due to the fact her husband had gone through great amounts of torture, just so he could show affection towards her that wasn't even there in the first place.

Normally, she would get rid of the threat immediately, and she wishes to do so with a burning desire. She observed the boy, deeming him as being just like her kidnapper, disgusting and shallow. She wanted to change her daughter's mind or purge him from existence, but she understood what her daughter was feeling, because in her twisted mind, she saw love as having to get the person you show affection towards in any way possible.

Since she was a small child, Amelia was taught everything she knew by her mother. Everything she had awareness of, how to read, how to write, the languages she spoke, etc. Her morality,  along with her view of love and the people around her, was shaped by her mother. Poor Amelia, she was raised by a cold-blooded psychopath. Mysty has full and utter control over her, just like she has control over Alex's life and the perception of his own life. His brain was rewired to fit her own narrative, so all in all, he was not the same Alex from before his capture.

As Mysty sat in thought, alone in the living room of the house she chose to move to after their forced official marriage, she began to wonder. What if she were to help her daughter get that boy? Sure, she loathes him, but she has never seen her daughter smile so much in her entire life when she would go stalk him, or mention his name even. Love does something to people, and it seems to have made her daughter become obsessive.

She was snapped out of her thoughts by her daughter opening the front door of the house and stepping inside. Pleasing the daily routine, her daughter placed the keys for the front door on the living room table and went to her mother.

"I made sure that no one followed me mother."

Her sweet voice made Mysty smile.

"Very good Amelia. Did you have fun at the arcade?"

"Yes mother. He was there again today so I had even more fun. Just looking at him made me feel all fluttery inside."

Mysty stopped herself from sneering in disgust. Just hearing her daughter praise him made her livid. However, she couldn't deny that she was happy for her daughter.

After sitting in silence for a few seconds, Mysty made up her mind, warmly smiled and gestured for her daughter to step closer to her, which Amelia did.

"I've been noticing how much you seem to love this boy Amelia. I am so happy that you finally found your love, I knew you eventually would, which is why I want to help you get them."

Amelia's eyes lit up and she smiled from ear to ear.

"Really mother? Oh thank you so much!"

She hugged her mother and started crying slight tears of joy on her shoulder.

"No need to thank me sweetheart. All I ask of you is to do exactly what I tell you to do Ok? You know how your father was a bit of a problem at first, so I want to make sure that this boy won't be as much of a problem as he was."

She explained to her daughter in such a nonchalant manner, it would disgust any normal human being.

"Oh yes, I remember you told me that father was very resistant at first. Can I ask you a question mother?"

Mysty nodded in response.

"Won't it hurt him? I don't want him to be hurt."

Internally, Mysty couldn't give less of a damn if he was in pain, that's what she wished for him anyways, but she had to give a response.

"Sweetie, when you love someone very much, it doesn't matter if your methods of getting them hurt them, because you can mend their heart back together with your own love."

Mysty patted the top of Amelia's head and smiled once again, masking her real emotions.

"Ok mother. I see, I trust you. Thank you once again."

"It's ok my dear baby. Now, mother needs to make a phone call. Be a good little girl and stay in your room for me."

Amelia nodded and retreated towards her bedroom upstairs. The smile on Mysty's face faded into a scowl as she grabbed her phone and dialed the number of an old friend of hers, Kieran. After a few rings, they picked up.

"Took you long enough to respond."

She said impatiently.

"I'm sorry Mysty, I was helping my daughter with her school work. What is it that you need?"

"My daughter found the love of her life and I want to help her get them. Do you still remember the formula for that tranquilizer of yours?"

"How can I forget it? I made so much of it for you back when Alex was being resistant.  Along with the Complamine."

She rolled her eyes and went back to the conversation.

"I need you to make some of it for me. 3 bottles. How long will that take?"

She heard him hum in thought before answering.

"I think around a day or 2? I'll contact you as soon as it's ready. Should I come to your house once it's ready?"

"No, we'll meet in that cabin from a few years back. It's a remote location, so it won't disturb the peace of my husband. He's living in his own world."

She chuckled at her statement.

"Right. Is that all?"

"Yes, thank you Kieran."

They exchanged goodbyes before she hung up.

The next day

As Mysty was solemnly reading a novel, her phone began ringing. She looked at the screen and saw that it was her friend Kieran. She closed the book and picked up the phone, answering him.

"Yes?"

"I have the tranquilizer ready. I'm waiting inside the cabin. Do you think you can come here in about 20 minutes?"

"Ah good. Hmm, I think I'll be able to. Don't move, I'll be there in 15 minutes."

With that, Mysty ended the call and began to walk towards the front door of the house.

"Mother?"

Her daughter's voice coming from behind her startled her slightly.

"Amelia, I told you to never sneak up on your mother like that."

Her voice was stern and caused the daughter lock up.

"I'm sorry mother. I only wanted to ask you where you were going."

"Mother's going to meet up with Kieran so she can start the process of getting your love sweetie."

"Oh...I see. You didn't tell him to make scarlet waterworks right? I don't my love to-"

"No I did not. Be a good girl and go back to your room. Make sure that your father is ok on the way."

Mysty exited the house, immediately scanning her surroundings for her car. Once she spotted it, she got inside and started up the engine. After checking the coordinates, she began driving to where they led to.

15 minutes later

Mysty pulled up in front of the place where it all started. After getting out, she looked to her left and noticed Kieran's car, perfectly parked in front of the porch. Her eyes shifted back towards the building in front of her. Flashes of what had happened to her over 17 and a half years ago went through her mind, and she could not help but feel slight apprehension. She was about to step back into the place that had caused her the most pain. Naturally, she would feel reluctant.

Breathing in and reminding herself that she was here for an entirely different purpose, she went to the door and opened it, stepping inside. She was immediately met by a familiar face.

"There you are. I was beginning to question whether or not you were going to show up."

"Well I have. Where are the bottles?"

He gestured to a bag that laid at his feet.

"All yours."

He picked it up and chucked it to Mysty. She managed to catch it before it landed on the floor. Opening it and looking inside, she saw the 3 bottles filled with transparent liquid that she had requested.

"Perfect."

She grinned and began heading out of the cabin. However, Kieran cleared his throat, signalling that he wanted to say something.

"What is it Kieran?"

"How much longer will you be needing my services?"

She raised her eyebrow at him. She wasn't amused. She walked up to him and grabbed his chin, which seemed to make him lock up a little.

"I will ask for your services for as long as I want  Who knows? Perhaps Amelia might need your services in the future for when she has an offspring of her own."

She chuckled and he gulped loudly.

"Did that answer your question?"

Kieran nodded and she smiled. She let go of his chin and went to the door. She twisted the doorknob, but before leaving, she turned and winked at him, mimicking the same scene from when she escaped. Kieran seemed to have remembered too, as she noticed that he had started shaking. She laughed and left with a smile on her face.

Once Mysty made her way back to her home, she immediately hid the bag under the sofa in the living room, that way, her daughter wouldn't get her hands on the bottles and do something out of haste.

Now she needed to plan her next move. The boy was not going to have it as easy as her husband did. No, she had extra special treatment planned just for him. The very thought of being around his presence made her angry. However, if she was going to help her treasure get what she wanted, she'd have to do it the right way. That isn't to say she couldn't change the method around slightly, just for him.

She's seen his face a couple times, when she used to follow her daughter wherever she went, mostly because she noticed how often Amelia would stay out longer than she was told. To Mysty, he was nothing special, just as bland as the others. His activities weren't ones to gawk at either, he would just show how truly shallow he was.

"For a boy of his caliber, I would have expected him to have a lot less friends. I wonder..."

A grin slowly formed on her face as she had just thought of a most malicious idea. The boy seemed to have a minimum of 3 friends from what she heard, which impressed her, because any attitude like his would revolt people. Would he care at all if they were to be taken out of the picture? After all, she would have had to murder them anyway to avoid suspicion. Why not start his little journey into a life of love with a tragically beautiful opening?

With that devious thought, she kept her grin as she looked outside the window, witnessing the sun go down as nightfall approached.

Friday

The clock read 4:30 pm and Mysty was more than ready to execute her idea. Her daughter was not let outside, which seemed to make her a bit upset, but Msyty didn't want her to witness the murders. She wanted them to be a secret.

She pulled the bag out from underneath the sofa, took out a bottle and put the bag back in its place. She went to the kitchen cupboards, which was where she had hid several syringes in case of a particular emergency. She took one in hand and placed it inside a bag, along with the bottle.

She found herself back in her car as she began running through a short list of where the boy could possibly be. That's when she remembered that today was Friday, and by pattern, Amelia would see him down at the arcade with his 3 friends, at around 5pm. They wouldn't leave until they were forced to by the staff, which usually was at 8:35pm sharp.

She grinned in glee as she started the engine and began heading towards the arcade.

5:36pm

Msyty's car slowly pulled up in front of the arcade. The streets were strangely empty, perfect for her purpose of being here in the first place. Since nobody was around, she could keep a close eye on the arcade's entrance with ease. So far, the boy and his friends hadn't shown up, but she expected no less from pathetic filth like them.

Her patience was beginning to thin. They had no right to waste her time like this, she had much more important business to attend to, back at her humble abode. Like being with her husband for example.

After impatiently tapping away on her steering wheel for another 5 minutes, they finally made an appearance. Mysty eyed them, particularly the boy, through the windshield with hatred, her knuckles turning white from gripping the wheel tightly with her hands. The force she was applying could easily strangle a person to death in mere moments.

The boy was wearing a casual black jacket, with a boring red shirt underneath. His trousers were blue and his shoes a pearly white.

"Utter garbage."

Mysty murmured to herself before shifting her gaze onto his friends. 2 males and a female. The other 2 wore the same attire, be it in different colours and sizes, whilst the female wore casual sweatpants with a black tank top. Her face was plastered with layers upon layers of various amounts of makeup.

"I didn't expect anything better. They're friends with him afterall."

The group soon disappeared into the arcade and Mysty got out of her car. Since she didn't run the risk of getting spotted by them anymore, she could finally get some semi-fresh air into her lungs. She so badly wanted to step into that arcade and slit their throats, but she needed to wait for them to come out, so then she could strike without having the boy know. She only wanted to be there to make sure they didn't leave earlier than expected.

6:57pm

She glanced over to the arcade entrance from around the corner of the building for what seemed like the 32nd. She realised that if they were to come out, they would have spotted her immediately, so she took the liberty of hiding out of sight in the tiny gap between the arcade and some kind of shop. To her surprise, she saw one of his friends exist the building.

"Well well well, looks like this will be easier than I thought. "

She grabbed the bag that laid on the floor, taking out the bottle and syringe, filling it up with the liquid. She glanced back and saw that it was the girl that went outside. She was smoking a cigarette whilst also looking around the area.

Mysty quietly got out of hiding and pretended to be lost, so that way, she could get close to her without making her feel suspicious.

She walked up to the girl, putting up as much of an act as she could.

"Excuse me, could I ask you from some help young lady?"

The girl put out the cigarette and put on an obviously faked smile.

"Of course. What's the problem?"

"Oh thank you so much. You see, I'm not from around here and I was wondering if you could help me find the nearest bus station so I could get back home to my family."

Mysty point down the road ahead of her.

"Is that the way I should be going?"

In the few moments that the girl was distracted, she took out the syringe and stepped behind her. She plunged the needle in the girl's neck and covered her  mouth, so none of the neighbours would be alerted.

The girl began to struggled as the liquid was slowly being injected into her.

"You should never trust strangers so easily my dear."

Mysty whispered into her ear.

"I want you to take a nice and long nap for me."

Her eyes began to slowly close shut before she went completely limp. Mysty dragged her to her car and open the boot of it, placing the girl inside before shutting it.

Grinning, she went back inside the car to refill her syringe and wait for the next pest to come out.

A few moments later

After plunging the syringe in the boy's last friend, she did the same thing and dragged him to her car. She opened the back door and dropped him onto his other friend, who was sleeping on the backseat.

As expected, the girl had woken up because of the time it took for the others to come out, but she took care of her in seconds. The clock on the dashboard read 8:13pm.

"And that bastard is still inside the arcade. Pathetic."

She mumbled as she started up the car for the 3rd time today.

"Let's take you to a special little place where no one will hear your cries for mercy nor find your corpses."

Laughing, she began driving towards 'The Special Forest'. It was named that because that forest was the forest where teenage couples would go to make love. It was common for lovers to go their for that activity, because of the tranquil nature, and the fact that they had a 0% chance of getting caught.

After driving for a few minutes, she had arrived at her destination. She stopped the engine and looked through the mirror to see the boys still fast asleep. She stepped out of the car and went to the boot. Opening it, she saw that the girl was also fast asleep. Things couldn't have been any more fitting. They would die in their sleep, so she didn't have to worry about a struggle happening.

She grabbed the girl by the hair and dragged her out into the forest, not caring if she got hurt. With a grin, she took out the knife that she had brought with her. The very knife that showed her husband his place a few years ago. It held a special meaning to her, the partner in crime that gave her her love would now be starting the process of getting Amelia her love.

Without stalling any longer, she placed the knife to the girl's neck and quickly slit it. Suddenly, the girl's eyes flicked open, filled with confusion which was quickly replaced by fear as she felt the blood seep out of her wound.

"I almost feel sorry for you, but I'd be a liar if I said I felt remorse for being the one to end your short life."

She monologued to the girl as she watched her feebly trying to claw away and scream for help as she clutched her neck, but she was much too weak from blood loss to do anything.

Not being worried one bit, Mysty went back to her car and grabbed one of the boys from the backseat. She dragged them to the same spot, where she saw the girl sprawled on the ground on her back, dead. She slit the boy's throat with ease and he had also woken up, but the slit was much deeper than the one the girl had received, so he was only conscious for a few seconds before immediately passing.

She went back again and grabbed the last boy from the car. He looked quite similar to the boy who her daughter had a crush on, so she was going to enjoy her time with him. She wanted him to suffer, so she wasn't simply going to slit his throat and be done with it. No, she wanted to see his white shirt run red with his own blood from the multiple stabs that she would give him.

Keeping the image of the very boy that disrupted the order she had instilled in her life, she stabbed them in the chest. Again, and again, and again, ignoring his pleads for mercy and his attempts of crawling away. In that moment, she had released all the pent up rage she had towards that boy. Her eyes were wide and wild, and with every stab came a chuckle, then a giggle, until she was finally laughing like the psychopath she was.

She got up off of him, covered from head to toe in blood. The grin of a Cheshire cat could not match the one she had on her face when she looked down at his corpse. His eyes were wide open and frozen in terror. The poor boy had died with a face froze in fear, and she could not be happier.

Her moment of euphoria was dashed away when she remembered that it was only his friend, not the boy himself.

"If only I could kill you."

She spat in anger as she made her way towards her car so she could go back home.

30 minutes later

Mysty parked the car in its spot and wasted no time. She quickly got inside, trying to be as quiet as possible. She had given Amelia strict instructions over the phone to be in bed, so that way, she wouldn't see her mother bathed in blood.

Once she put everything back in their  place, she sprinted into the bathroom and washed herself off.

Dressed up in new attire, she tiptoed her way to her daughter's bedroom, where she saw her perfect little angel fast asleep. Mysty couldn't help herself, so she stepped inside and sat beside her, petting her head softly. Amelia began mumbling in her sleep, which made her mother smile.

"Oh my perfect little baby, I can't believe you grew up so fast. Mother is very proud of. You will have your love soon, just do as I say and be like mother. You'll grow up to be just like me, clever and cruel, but that's how the outside world is like anyway."

Amelia began to speak.

"I love you.."

Mysty smiled and kissed her on the forehead.

"I know you are dreaming about him right now, but mother loves you too."

With that, she got up and quietly made her way towards the door. She turned back a final time to look at her daughter and smile once more before exiting the room to go to her own.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.4K 299 10
Ten short stories about teenagers who are deadly killers, from fire to cannibals, from gushing blood to dirty little games. These murderer's are the...
1.2K 71 71
A book full of scary poems and stories to chill you to the bone and make your blood run cold.
1.1K 29 7
These are just some short stories I wrote for fun. Enjoy.
198 56 11
A collection of all my short stories divided into categories. Though I'm marking it as completed, I'll add to it whenever I write a new one for some...