Calista Lake (GirlXGirl)

By SkylarJapera

Calista never thought she would return to the dreadful town Black Oaks after her father committed suicide. Bu... More

My Last Breath
Scary Monsters & Evil Spirits
Afraid
You Need Me, I Don't Need You
Enemies
Stop Looking, Start Seeing
Hearts A Mess
Another Day
Together
Awake
Bedroom Hymns
Rebellion
Glowing
Eyes
Lost Tree
In 4 the Kill
Say You Love Me
Fire

Welcome Home

40.1K 699 300
By SkylarJapera

Chapter 1

Welcome Home

Calista Lake folds her arms over her chest and frowns as she rides past the town line in the White Range Rover. She had been in the car for the past three days and she was not ready to return to the town she was raised in.

'Welcome to Black Oaks.'

She read the sign and groans even more.

"Oh look." Lola, her mother best friend smiles. "The population seems to have risen."

Calista rolls her eyes and leans her head on the window. The sun glows off her caramel skin and she runs her hand through her long black hair in frustration.

Black Oaks was a town that was build in the early 1800s and it was known for absolutely nothing. The population was fifth teen thousand and it had your typical food market, library, park,elementary, middle, and high school.

As they pass by the local restaurants and people Calista begins to grumble under her breath even more.

"We're here." Lola stops hard on the brakes almost running into the brick mail box. She was never a good driver. She had already been in several car accidents that were all her fault. She puts the car in reverse and backs into the drive-way. Calista sighs and opens the door of the white Range Rover that probably would be total in a few more months.

"Your driving could be better." Calista mutters opening the back door grabbing one of her bags. Lola chuckles and run her hands through her bushy hair peering up at the house covering her eyes from the bright sun. Black Oaks weather during the summer was always thick and hot but when the fall hit everything would become foggy and cold.

Calista pulls off her sunglasses that were on her face and frowns. The house was in the middle of one of the wealthiest suburbs in Black Oaks. However, it was not your normal pretty colorful houses. It was dark and there was a huge lake behind it. The lake went out for miles and miles and Calista once loved the smell but now all she wanted to do was hurl.

All the houses in the neighborhood was big in size but they were all ancient because they were built in the early 1900s. Built with nothing but red brick. Calista glances at the weeds and notice they needed to be pull, the grass needed to be cut, and the lawn was in need of a great gardener.

Calista follows Lola into the old house. She takes a deep breath and notice everything was still the same.

"Need a little dusting here and there but everything looks great."

Calista nods her head and heads up the wooden steps. She walks pass the bathroom on the right, then her older brother room. She then glances at her room on the left and at the end of the hall were her parent's room. The door was shut and Calista stands there and stare. After a few seconds she runs her fingers through her brown hair and then turns around...

"Shit!" She jumps in fear. "What the hell?"

"Hi Calista." The other girl smiles. She was grinning widely and her hair was dark as midnight. She was wearing all black and Calista frowns because it was too hot to be wearing all black.

"What the hell are you doing? How did you even get in?"

"The door was unlock." The girl replies. "You're back." She continues to smile.

Calista frowns and begins to walk towards her room. She opens the door and notice everything was just the way she left it. She throws her bag on the bed.

"You look different." The girl behind her comments. Her head was cock to the side as if she was analyzing her and Calista hated this. She awkwardly reply, "Um-yeah. I guess."

"I-I-um." The other girl clears her throat. '"I called but you didn't answer, so I tried text messaging and then social media but no reply." She further explains.

"I know." Calista replies. "I got all of your messages."

The girl looks away sadden. However, she tries to break the tension by saying, "Well it is good that you are back."

"Thanks." Calista replies. "I guess." She turns around and starts unpacking when she hears the girl behind her blurt.

"I missed you!"

Calista digs further into her bag. She ignores what she has heard and doesn't look at the girl who she knows is blushing.

The other girl stares at Calista back and chews on her bottom lip. She didn't understand why she was being treated this way. She plays with the end of her black hair and tries not to cry. She hated how sensitive she was. She tries another approach. "Need any help?" She asks.

"No." Calista sighs "Look, it's been a long day and." Calista watches the other girl fidget nervous. "Just give me some time to settle in."

"Yeah." The other girl replies. "Right. I should go."

Calista watches her leave out her room.

Calista was sitting on the sofa in the living room. She was currently watching TV ignoring all the real problems in the world.

"I will be fine Lola." She tells her mother best friend but Lola continues to pace back and forth. "We went over this." Calista further says turning the TV off. "You have to work and I need to stay in school. I don't blame you for any of this."

Lola nods her head. "Maybe I can stay for a couple of days."

"No, you have to board your plane Monday and your kids misses you. So leave now." Calista insist smiling. "You promised them you would be back before leaving."

"I can call-"

"No, Lola." Calista shakes her head. "I will be fine."

"Okay." Lola replies. "School Monday morning, cash on card, no boys, and-"

"Lola I know." Calista smiles.

Lola nods her head and looks around the house. "And if you cannot handle-

"I can handle staying here. A year of therapy wasn't for nothing right?"

Lola softly smiles and hugs Calista tightly, "OK. I'm going. Your brother will call you tomorrow ok?"

"Yeah. Goodbye." Calista watches Lola walk out the door. "Oh, and Lola."

"Yes."

"Thanks for everything."

"You are welcome."

Calista watches Lola walk out the door and again she is all alone.

Calista wakes up early Friday morning and puts on clothes. She wanders down the steps and almost scream when she sees a familiar girl with long dark hair in the kitchen. "Jesus. You got to stop doing that. How did you get in?" She questions narrowing her eyes looking at the girl who was cooking by the stove.

"The door was unlocked." She answers continuing to stare at the stove. "Good Morning Calista."

"Yeah, Yeah." Calista yawns. "Good Morning. Could you try calling next time?"

"You don't answer my calls remember."

Calista cringes at that comment. "Look, Eleanor I'm sorry. I needed to get away and your emails and messages were only keeping me here. Mentally. At least. My therapist said that wasn't good."

"I understand." Eleanor beats the eggs on the stove gaining Calista attention. She didn't smell food upstairs. "A nice explanation would have been great."

"Yeah, Imma a dick."

Eleanor slams the spatula down in anger. "Yes you are Lis."

Calista cringes at the old time nickname.

"Almost two years ago you left. Then came back a different person. You wouldn't talk to me." Eleanor explains. "Then you leave again and while you're gone you still completely ignore me. You changed."

"I grew up!" Calista screams on in frustration.

Eleanor steps back. Her eyes wide in shock at the outburst. Calista had short patience but she never had raised her voice at her before.

"I grew up, ok." Calista repeats herself. "I left and when I came back yes, I was a different person. But Eleanor you were still the same old weird Eleanor. I couldn't handle that. I couldn't handle you. You named your god damned fish after me for Christ Saks. It was too much."

"I was lonely." Eleanor barely whispers. "You were the only one who thought my weird witchery was cool.

Calista sighs, "Then it was. When we were young but you still do that weird shit."

"Because it is real and my grandmother-"

"Entrusted you with your ancestor's book of spells. Yeah, I know the damn story Eleanor. Your grandmother was crazy and you was alone so she gave you something to preoccupy your time."

Eleanor looks away depress her eyes watery. Calista frowns at this and immediately feels like a dick. Yet again. "Look, just give me some time ok."

Eleanor doesn't reply. She just turns off the stove and exit the house. Leaving Calista alone.

Calista finishes the cook eggs Eleanor made and walks to town to grocery shop. On her way there she gets weird looks from everyone but she was expecting that because she knew everyone heard about what happened in her house. She chooses to ignore all of them.

She shops quickly and heads to the first lane to check out. The young boy eyes her weirdly and says, "That will be $83.45." Calista grabs her card and gives it to the cashier. She grabs her bags and then sighs. Her car really needed to hurry and arrive. She begins to walk back towards her home. She cuts through the park and notice some mumbling. She arches her eyebrow and comes upon a boy and some chick underneath him.

"Fuck!" The girl shrieks. "Someone is watching us."

"Wha-" The boy says instantly jumping up.

"Woah!" Calista says. "Not watching. I'm walking home. Continue on. I haven't seen nothing." The boy looks at her oddly. Trying to figure out who she is but the girl underneath him tries to cover her breast. Whores. Calista mutters to herself and quickly walks away.

She was about to cross the street but then she hears a loud honking. "Shit!" Calista instantly steps back dropping her bags that held milk and eggs. The car drives over her bag making the milk burst and she knew the egg were gone to. "Fuck!" Calista groans annoyed. The car makes a loud shriek and begins to back up.

"Are you asking for death?" The girl in the driver seat mutter in a bitchy way. Calista sighs she didn't have time for this. She was trying to work on her anger. "No, are you asking for a lawsuit because you almost fucking killed me." She replies.

"You were obviously in the middle of the street." The brunette answers. The music was blaring and Calista notice that there were two other girls in the Mercedes. "Sidewalks are for pedestrians."

"I was crossing the street idiot. You ran the stop sign."

"No I didn't." The brunette replies.

"Scarlet, yes you did."

Calista looks around the brunette and notice the blonde in the passenger seat applying eyeliner. Calista notice that the girl hair was near white. She watches the blonde/white haired girl close the mirror and look at her. "Get in." She says.

"I fine."

"I insist." The blonde smiles. She glances at the numerous bags in her hand and arches her perfect arch eyebrow. "Shopping hmm?"

"Yeah." Calista replies and cringes. Her arms were hurting. She hears the trunk being popped.

"I'm fine." She repeats.

"Put the bags in the back."

For some odd reason Calista obeys and puts the bag in the truck. She then gets into the back seat sitting next to another small girl. She had fire red hair and the most beautiful greenish eyes you would ever lay eyes on. "Hi." The girl was says smiling.

"Hey." Calista replies.

Calista notice that she has seen these three girls before back during her freshman year. She could not put a name on a face though. She never cared to learn anyone name because she knew she would have to move again.

"I know you." She hears the blonde say turning around.

Calista puts on her seat belt because obviously the driver was not a good driver. "Really." Calista replies her own eyebrow arching in questioning.

"Yes." The blonde cocks her head to the side staring at her. She bites her lower lip and Calista stares at this movement. "You're the gymnastic girl. Number one in the state."

Calista smiles weakly. That was a long time ago. "Yeah, that's me I guess."

Calista body launches forward when the brakes are slammed on. She grips her seat belt in reaction and watches as the blonde continue to talk like this Scarlet girl did not almost kill them. "This right turn." Calista says towards the driver. She was ready to get out this freaking car.

The girl next to her was staring at her also. "You are pretty."

"Um-thanks."

"Yeah." The blonde looks her up and down. "I don't remember you being this hot."

Calista was ready to get out the car. These girls was so weird and open. The blonde smirks and says, "I bet your body is amazing. Being a gymnast and all."

"Nah."

"Liar." The blonde winks and then turns in her seat.

"The dark blue house on the right coming up." Calista says thinking the girl would slow down but she doesn't. "This one!" Calista screams. For the third time the brakes are slammed to a stop.

"Oh, you were speaking to me." The driver speaks.

Calista rolls her eyes.

"Duh, bitch." The blonde retorts. "God you can be so stupid sometimes."

"Shut-up!"

Calista opens the door and Scarlet pops the trunk. Calista grabs all her bags and comes around and weakly smiles, "Um-thanks."

"You should hang with us tonight." The blonde offers smiling.

"Nah, I'm cool-"

"We will be here to pick you up around seven. We're going shopping."

Before Calista could say anything. The Mercedes is speeding off.

Calista frowns and heads in her house. She wasn't going anywhere.

Calista was cooking spaghetti and meatballs when she heard the doorbell ringing. She turns the stove off and then heads to the front door.

"I'm not ready to talk Eleanor!" She screams swinging the door open annoyed.

"Who is Eleanor?"

Calista arches her eyebrow at the three girls she met earlier.

"Why are you in pj's?" The blonde ask her looking her up and down. "And who is Eleanor?" She questions again stepping into the house and the two other follows behind her.

Calista groans annoyed. "What are you guys doing?"

"Something smells so delicious." The small chirpy girl sniffs the air like a puppy.

"What is it?" Scarlet questions looking at her pink painted nails. Typical.

"I know, I know." The chirpy girl screams excited.

Jumping like a bunny which annoyed the caramel skin girl.

Calista runs her fingers through her hair counting to ten. "Look, I appreciate the gesture earlier but I just moved back in and I just wanna-

"So this is where it happened." Scarlet comments which makes Calista choke on her spit.

"Shut-up Scarlet!" The blonde hisses looking around the house. Calista sneers, "Get the fuck out!"

The chirpy short red head screams, Scarlet steps back surprised at her sudden anger, and the blonde just cocks her head to the side and stares. Calista however was furious and her lungs was closing up and she couldn't breathe. She was fine until they came. Memories flood her brain. She shuts her eyes and count to ten yet again. When she opens them and sees the girls are still standing there she screams yet again, "Get out!"

"OK, chill." Scarlet says walking towards the door. The other two follow and Calista opens the large red wooden door for them and is instantly annoyed to see Eleanor standing on the front porch with her knuckles up as if she was just about to knock.

Eleanor eyes widen at the girls who is walking out Calista home. She eyes the Spanish brunette Scarlet Faye her brunette hair up in a pony tail, then the small red head Luna Dawn who was currently looking at her curiously with her beautiful green eyes, and lastly, the beautiful blonde, head cheerleader of Black Oaks High.Stella Winter. She eyes Eleanor and frowns and then brush pass her as she didn't even exist.

Eleanor watches them get into the Mercedes speeding off. Why were they here? She wonders. She turn around to see a deep frown on Calista face. She was about to speak but Calista just slams the door in her face.

Eleanor looks down at the plate of cookies in her hand. She had made Calista favorite and this is how the girl treat her for no reason. She throws them on the porch and storms away back home.

Calista paces back and forth and shuts her eyes tight counting to ten which leads to fifty before she could finally breathe. She looks around the house and mentally tell herself that everything is fine. There is no need to cry.

Don't let the house consume you.

Her therapist told her.

If you have to. Go for a walk. Maybe a run.

Calista grabs her shoes. Shut off the TV and walks out the door almost tripping. She looks down and noticed the ruin cookies with 'I forgive you' on top. Calista groans and picks up the cookies throwing them away in the trash. She was a jerk and Eleanor deserved better.

She heads down the dark street and rapidly she begins to feel better. She sits on the sidewalk and watches the cars drive by. She then heads back home. It was almost 10 and her brother would call soon.

Calista sits down open her laptop and she instantly press record. Her therapist told her to record she and her brother videos so she could watch them whenever she felt lonely.

"Look at my baby sister!"

The screen flickers but Calista could see her brother and that was enough. He was wearing his military uniform and it seemed he was in a room all alone.

"Hey." She grins.

"How's everything." He asks smiling back.

"Weird, hot." Calista smirks. "The same when you were here. Are you ready for Egypt?"

They get into a quick conversation about his trip to Egypt and how some of his officers don't like him but he stills enjoys being away. Calista smiles throughout the entire conversation.

"Well I only have a few minutes left. Tell me about your day? Something interested had to happened."

Calista starts her story about walking to the store, everyone staring at her, the couple she caught in the woods, and how she almost got hit by a car and lastly the three girls she had to kick out in her house.

"I cannot wait until my jeep arrive." She says into the screen. Her brother ignores that and say, "Scarlet? I know that name. Tall, sexy Spanish brunette?" He questions now interested in the conversation.

"Yes, and two other girls."

"Oh shit, you mean Stella and her best friends offered you a ride. They're like the most popular people in town."

The names begin to click but Calista couldn't remember much from her freshman year especially those annoying bimbos.

"You wouldn't remember them." Her brother laughs reading her mind. "You were distant and stuck to that Eleanor girl like glue."

Calista rolls her eyes at the name.

"Hang out with them." Her brother says. Calista eyes widen and her brother laughs. "Come on. It would be funny as hell. Hang out with them at least one time. Then tell me about it tomorrow."

"Fine." Calista grumbles. "Once."

Her brother smiles and says, "It would be good for you to get out that house Calista."

Calista rolls her eyes because she know her brother is right but she refuse to give him the satisfaction. They talk a little more and then he was gone and she is asleep.

The next day Calista awakes early enough to hear the birds chirping outside her window. She heads down the steps and notices the girl sitting at her coffee table. "You never give up." She sighs.

Eleanor frowns up at her and says, "I was hoping for an apology."

Calista yawns in her hand again. It was to early to be up and to early to have Eleanor here giving her that I'm sad and you hurt my feelings look. She sits at the table across from Eleanor and notice that the other girl has matured. It has been two years and Eleanor eyes were brighter, her hair was shorter. Not to short but it was longer when she had last time seen her. Calista leans closer and asks, "You cut your hair."

Eleanor frown deepens and she stands storming out the house. Calista internally jumps when the door is slam. She groans and lays her head on the table while muttering, "No breakfast."

About six hours later she hears a few knocks at her door. She swings it open and roll her eyes at the three girls standing at the door. "What?" She frowns.

The blonde speaks first. Stella. She had recently learn her name from her brother last night. "I'm here to apologize."

"I don't need it." She replies. "Get off my property."

The blonde grimace slightly and says her voice sounds like velvet. "Look, Calista, I-We, were wrong. My friends and I. We were just curious-This house was the talk of the town."

"So, that gives you the reason to do what you did."

"No, that's why we are here." Stella replies. "To apologize."

Calista looks at the three. Scarlet was standing awkwardly and Luna was smiling brightly. Calista shifts and then says, "Whatever." She was about to slam the door until Stella caught it.

"Let me make it up to you."

Calista eyebrow arches.

"Take you shopping." The blonde finishes smirking.

"I don't need you to take me shopping. I can buy my own things."

"Fine, we are heading that way now. Let's go."

Calista was about to decline until she remembered the conversation she had with her brother. "Fine."

Stella smiles brightly and Calista just grumbles something under her breath walking back into her house leaving the door open.

"Does that mean were welcome in?" Scarlet huffs annoyed.

Stella just smirks and slowly walks in. This time stopping to take in the wooden floors and fully furnished living room with the flat screen on the wall.

Scarlet and Luna follow slowly behind Stella. The two girls didn't want to be scream at again. They could see how intimidating Calista could be.

Stella continues to look around and notices there were no pictures on the wall of her family. It was odd. Stella was just about to round the corner until she was stopped by Calista who was wearing some very short shorts and a t-shirt.

Stella smiles softly. Looking the other girl up and down. "Nice shirt." She compliments.

"Erm-thanks." Calista says looking down at her plain black 'Pardon My French' shirt. She glances at the other three and notices she was under dress. But she didn't care.

Calista rushes in her house and heads up stairs into her room throwing the numerous of bags on her bed. She sits in her seat and opens her laptop and presses record. This was going to be her last conversation with her older brother before his trip to Egypt.

"Sup Calista."

Calista grins widely.

They talk about her day.

"Didn't think you would go." He says.

Calista shrugs, "It was horrible. Their annoying as hell. Look at these damn bags. I never in my life purchased so much things. Half of these things are unnecessary."

Her brother chuckles as she continue her rant.

"Those girls, wow! Words can't explain. I'm staying away from them especially Stella. God, she's so annoying. She makes my head hurt. All she do is rant about her boyfriend. They getting married apparently right after high school. The dummy doesn't even know he's cheating on her."

"How do you know?"

"Remember the whores I saw in the woods."

"Oh." Her brother chuckles. "Welcome home sis."

Calista scuffs. "I'm so ready to get out this place."

"Aw, come on. What about Eleanor? Your best bud."

"She's irrelevant and irritates me to no end. She's always popping up and expecting me to just be her bff. I would think the girl would have matured. I hope she stays away from me. She follows me like an love sick puppy. "

"Is the puppy even adorable?"

Calista gives this thin look.

"Wow! That bad."

"That bad." Calista replies. "I hate her, them, this place is suffocating me."

"Sorry, sis, but you gotta be strong."

"I know, I love you."

The next night Calista hears beating on her door. She stands quickly to go answer it. She rolls her eyes at the three girls again. "Hey Calista." Luna grins happily. Calista frowns at her happy mood.

"Why are you here?" She questions narrowing her eyes.

"To pick you up." Luna smiles.

"Huh?"

The tall Spanish girl rolls her eyes in frustration. "Big party before school. Put on something sexy and come on. It's cold out here."

Calista sighs, running her hand through her hair. Stella stands there her blonde hair falling at her shoulders and crystal blue eyes shining brightly. She had on a pink blouse and tight skinny jeans.

"I'm good." Calista says. "I'm gonna eat ice-cream and sleep."

Luna pouts and Scarlet scuffs in annoyance.

"You are coming." Stella finally speaks. Calista arches her eyebrows because she wasn't accustomed to someone telling her what to do. "It will be fun. Plus, you can meet everyone and not have a awkward first day."

Calista thinks this over and was about to deny until she sees Eleanor walking over. "Fine." She mutters. "But I'm going like this."

"That's fine." Stella says. "Pretty casual."

Calista shakes her head because Stella was clearly lying. She could tell that the three girls put thought into their appearances for the party. Luna was wearing a tank-top with a stripe skirt and some cute black sandals. While Scarlet wore a short black fitted dress.

Calista looks down at herself and notice her fitted jeans and plain white t-shirt. But she didn't care she just needed to breathe and Eleanor wouldn't let her do it. Calista closes her door and they head to the Mercedes. Before Calista could get in Eleanor was calling her name. "Give me a minute."

"Hurry, I don't wanna be too late." Stella says checking her make-up. Calista rolls her eyes and walks over to Eleanor who was trying to see who was in the car.

"You're hanging out with them again?" Eleanor questions. "Why? It's obvious they are not your type."

"You don't know my type Elle." Calista frowns at slipping up and calling the other black haired girl by her childhood nickname.

Eleanor smiles softly at the name and suggests, "Come on Lis. Let's just watch movies like the old days. You don't have to hang with them."

"Don't tell me what to do okay."

Eleanor shifts slightly, "Please don't go." She beg.

"Why not." Calista tries. "They're not that bad Eleanor." She says looking back at the car. "Annoying yeah? But who cares. I'm out that house."

"I just have a bad feeling about tonight." Eleanor explains.

Calista frowns and says, "Bye Eleanor see you Monday in school."

Eleanor tries to grab her shoulder but Calista shrugs her off. "Please." The black haired gir begs. However, Calista gets into the Mercedes and Stella winks towards Eleanor and speeds off. Eleanor frowns and heads to her house determined.

On the highway Calista was sitting up front and thank-god Stella was driving. "What was that back there?" Stella questions.

"Nothing important." Calista replies back. "So drop it."

"Yes Ma'am." Stella winks. "I don't pry."

"Whatever." Calista says.

Minutes later they arrive at the house in the middle of nowhere. There were cars parked everywhere but Calista could tell that the house was abandoned. They all get out the car and head inside. There was drunk teenagers and loud music. All the lights were on and Calista wonders how they got that to happen.

"This party is kinda a tradition. Power man cuts the lights on for us."

"I see." Calista says.

The four split up and Stella grabs Calista hands and they drink a wine cooler and Stella asks, "So Calista tell me something about yourself?"

"You first."

Stella laughs and then replies, "Nothing major like you of course but I have a little brother, head cheerleader of Black Oaks high-

"Typical."

"Huh?"

Calista looks at her and says, "Blonde hair, blue eyes, perfect skin, pretty, it all equals out to head cheerleader."

Stella frowns, "No filter huh?"

Calista doesn't reply.

"I didn't want to be a cheerleader you know. My mother made me. She said it was required. With my dad being the famous quarterback and my mom being the head cheerleader it was destined for me to follow in their foot steps."

"That's why you date that jock?" Calista asks.

Stella eyes widen. No one ever questioned her about she and Hale relationship.

"Do you even love him." Calista further questions.

"I-I-" Stella clears her throat. "I do."

"I see." Calista finishes her cooler and toss it. "Anything else different besides being perfect and all."

"You're pretty rude." Stella frowns.

Calista shrugs her shoulders, "But you enjoy talking to me."

"It's different." Stella says. "My friends they tell me what I want to hear and I have to wear a mask for everyone else. It feels good to hear the truth from someone."

"I guess. Anything else."

"Well, I love to shop."

"That's obvious." Calista says. "Tell me something interesting."

"Um." Stella chews on her bottom lip. She stares at the brown skinned girl in front of her. Her skin was flawless and her brown eyes was watching her intently. She wasn't use to anyone with Calista attitude. It intrigued her to have someone different to talk to. "I watch porn when I'm bored."

Calista laughs and Stella eyes widen in surprised. The girl sitting next to her was so private and closed in that she was surprised by the humble laugh.

"Who doesn't." Calista smiles showing her perfect line white teeth.

"Well." Stella blushes embarrassed. She was so out of her element with Calista. No one ever made her feel embarrassed. "No one here does. Or at least admits it. Sex is sorta look down upon. I mean of course we are having sex but it's not so open."

"God." Calista groans. "This place blows. Everyone talks about sex. I bet you all are into that lights off under the covers sex." Calista then cocks her head to the side. "Bet your sex life sucks."

"I have you know I have a great sex life." Stella frowns. "It's just this town is old fashion. If you're having sex, no one knows and people surely don't talk about it."

"Sex is my favorite subject." Calista leans over and taps a guy and tells him to bring her another cooler. "Sucks to be you. I've heard some wild stories."

"How was New York?" Stella questions curious.

"Better than this hell-hole I tell you." Calista answers. "This party blows."

"Sorry were not the big flashy city." Stella frowns.

Calista just laughs and then leans back into the couch drinking her drink. "Whatever Princess."

Stella frowns again at being taunted but she doesn't say anything further. Calista surfs through her phone and Stella breaks the silence. "You and Eleanor use to be best friends. What happened?"

"I thought you didn't pry."

"I told you one of my secrets." Stella replies. "You owe me."

Calista smirks and Stella holds eye contact and folds her arms over her chest. "I'm serious."

"Fine." Calista sits up pulling a strand of black hair behind her ear. "She and I are completely different now."

"She is pretty weird and her dressing is odd." Stella says thinking of Eleanor she was about to ask more questions until they both are interrupted.

"You're that girl." Some drunken girl slurs. "Your last name is ironic huh."

Calista snarls slightly and hisses, "Yes how fucking ironic, my last name is Lake, my father owned a lake, and my father drowned himself in that lake.

"Get lost. Now!" Stella stands glaring at the drunk. The girl sobers up quickly at her mistake and the death glare she was receiving and when Luna and Scarlet makes their way over. She becomes afraid and speeds off in another direction.

"I'm sorry." Stella says.

"Whatever." Calista sits and frowns. Stella just watches her and then blabbers another dark secret. "I don't have sex with the lights off."

Calista laughs and says, "You're not bad Stella."

Stella smiles and they continue to converse until a group of handsome football players walk in.

"Baby." Stella jumps for joy hugging her boyfriend. "I thought you couldn't make it. Head coach rules."

"You know I would break any rules for you baby."

Calista takes in the jock Stella showed her several pictures of. His smooth skin was dark and his eyes light brown. He had a low hair-cut and his teeth were white as snow. He was quite a looker but Calista didn't like cheaters.

"Baby come here." Stella pulls the handsome fella over and says, "This is Calista Lake and she's starting school Monday and I want you and all your friends to treat her good and show her around if I can't."

Hale eyes widen when he looks at the girl. He clears his throat and Calista cannot help but smirk. "Nice to meet you Hale." She throws her hand out.

"Yeah nice to meet you." He squeezes her hand tightly and Calista instantly knows it's a warning. She frowns and Stella is oblivious to the exchange of silent words.

"I love you baby." Stella kisses him and Calista sits and watches the show. She could tell Stella really liked this guy but she didn't deserved the treatment she was receiving. However, Calista didn't want to be in any drama so she keeps her mouth shut.

The night moves on and Calista had to admit she was having a good time. Hale and Stella makes out the entire time and this makes the girl hang out the Luna and Scarlet for a while. She learns alot about them. Luna had a bubbly personality and she was nothing but adorable. Her green eyes was hard to not get lost in. They shined so brightly on her tanned skin. Scarlet was another story. She was fierce and mean. She had a tongue on her and the profanity that would fall from her lips and her dark scary eyes would even make Calista back off.

"Are you having fun?" Luna questions.

"Yeah." Calista admits. "Are you?"

"Yes." Luna answers louder than she should. "I love parties. I love dancing too."

Calista laughs and she noticed that maybe these three girls wasn't that bad. Scarlet walks over and says, "She's hyper all the time. You will get use to it." Calista nods her head taking in the small information Scarlet was telling her about school. "Stay out of the principle way. He's an ass-hole but loves football. Talk about football than you may get away with just detention. That's why the boys get away with every fucking thing."

"Don't like the jocks?"

"I fucking hate them." Scarlet answers. Calista was quite surprised and Scarlet saw this. "Just because we're cheerleaders doesn't mean we fall for the football players. I know you must think that were those cliche bitchy girls who rule the school. Well no. Luna loves to paint. She's quite the artist and I love music. I can play any instrument anyone hands me and well for Stella she's fucking smart. I don't know how she does it but she can learn any language. She already knows five."

"Really?"

"Yeah." Scarlet replies. "Spanish, French, English of course but that wasn't her first language, Swedish, Chinese, and Dutch." The Spanish girls continues rambling. "I'm pretty sure she will have Italian down pack by the end of this month."

"Wait!" Calista questions very intrigued now. "English is not her first language."

"Nope." Scarlet answers. "Even though she was born in Black Oaks, she was raised in Netherlands until she was seven and then she and her family moved back here. She never talks about it. Don't say anything. Only I and Luna knows."

"So what's with her whitish hair." Calista questions further.

"I don't know." Scarlet answers. "No one knows. It's blondish now but during the winter it gets white as snow. Some say she dyes it but Luna and I know for a fact she doesn't"

"Stella Winter." Calista mutters. "Now that's ironic."

Scarlet chuckles, "Yeah, it is."

"What about you and Luna?" Calista questions.

"Well were pretty basic." Scarlet says taking a shot straight.

"I highly doubt that." Calista mutters and then hears someone behind her. "Discussing me?"

"You wish." Calista turns to see the blonde head cheerleader looking at her.

"Well I'm beat. Are you guys ready." Stella asks. Calista nods her head yes and watches Hale walking towards the backyard with some girl. This makes Calista wonder do Stella knows about his affairs and choose to ignore them because of her parents.

They walk to the car and the ride is silent. Luna is dropped off first and the little red head almost suffocates her when she hugs her goodbye. "You're going have to also get use to her over affection." Scarlet mutters in the back. Minutes later they were in front of Scarlet house and the Spanish only mutter a 'deuces' and walked towards her house.

Now they were sitting in front of Calista house and the brown skinned girl was dreading to get out the car. So she starts a conversation.

"Five languages huh?"

Stella smiles proudly, "I'm guessing Scarlet told you this. She's known for talking to much."

Calista shrugs her shoulders, "It's pretty cool. Why do you do it?"

"It's a hobby." Stella eyes furrow as if she is thinking about something. "It started when I was ten. I met Scarlet and was intrigued by her parents when they were fluently speaking Spanish in front of me. I purchased several books and it just was easy. I master it in six months. One day I was listening in on her parents again and I noticed they didn't like me much. They thought I was weird and her grandmother said I was a bad spirit and my white hair was a sign."

"Really." Calista laughs. "Wow."

"Now if I hear someone speaking a language I don't understand. I have to master it." Stella continues. "I found this out when a man came into town. He was French and was speaking to his son. They were passing through. I master French in a few short months."

"Damn." Calista mutters. "You're a freaking genius."

"No." Stella laughs. "Just a gift. I suck in Chemistry. I failed it and had to take summer school."

Calista laughs, "That doesn't mean you're not intelligent Stella. You're special and know five languages people would praise you for that back in the city."

"Well not here." Stella replies sadly. "Not something to brag about. My mother told me to stop after my third language but I can't help it."

"No offense." Calista says looking straight into Stella crystal blue eyes. "But your mom is a idiot."

Stella smiles softly, "Why are you so nice to me?"

"I'm nice."

Stella giggles, "Yes Calista you're nice and honest. I love that you don't lie to me."

Calista cringes and grabs the alcohol from the back. "Here." She hands the bottle of vodka to Stella after she takes a swig. Stella grabs the bottle and stares with questioning eyes. "I haven't been completely honest."

Stella frowns and looks away, "What?"

"Um-I caught Hale in the woods with some chick."

Stella turns on Calista quickly her eyes blazed. "You're lying."

"I'm not." Calista replies. "I thought you should know."

Stella takes a drink from the bottle and mutters coughing slightly, "Do you know who she was?"

"Yeah." Calista frowns. "That Britney chick you was telling me about earlier."

Stella begins to cry and Calista doesn't know how to react. She just hands Stella the bottle back and they sit in silence drinking until the bottle is gone. Calista can tell that Stella is drunk because her words are now slurry. "I really thought we were going to relive my mother and father dream." And she was very close to Calista face.

"Make your own dreams Stella." Calista say softly. "Do you know what type of career you can get with just knowing different languages. Fuck being a stay home mom. You're worth so much more than that."

Stella stares at Calista her crystal blue eyes watery from tears and leans in connecting she and Calista lips together.

Calista eyes widen. She didn't know how to react so she softly pushes Stella back.

Stella licks her lips and then says softly, "That was the nicest thing anyone has ever told me." Her voice was broken and low and Calista didn't know what to say.

The blonde continues to stare at her while she chews on her bottom lip and for the second time she kisses Calista again. This time the caramel skin teen responds because she didn't want to hurt Stella feelings. The kiss soon deepens and Stella moves closer her hand falling on Calista upper thigh squeezing.

Calista gasp and Stella takes this opportunity to slide her skilled tongue into the other girl mouth. Calista pushes the blonde back because it was becoming to much. Stella smiles slightly and leans back into her seat. Calista runs her fingers through her hair and says, "Let's get you home."

Calista gets out the car and Stella crawls over to the passenger seat and five minutes later they are in Stella drive way. Calista helps Stella out the car and onto her front porch. Stella looks up at her and says, "Stay over."

"No I'm going to walk home."

"No you are not." Stella responds. "It's late and dark."

Calista chuckles. "I can take care of myself."

"You're not walking home." Stella says handing the other girl her keys. "Here drive my car and pick me up at six."

"I'm good." Calista replies.

"Either take my car or come in." Stella says. "And I don't think the second option is a good idea because I won't be able to keep my hands away."

Calista grabs the keys quickly and Stella stumbles into her house.

Once Calista gets home she almost jump out her skin when she sees a black cat on her bed. "Shit!" She shouts and then cat races across the room and out the door. Calista was to tired and tipsy to worry about a small cat so she strips out her clothes and collapses on the bed.

*Similar to Cheerleaders Die but expands in a different direction. Continue if you want.*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.4K 3.2K 40
Roman, the powerful yet kind leader ~ Thalia, the beautiful yet ruthless flower. ~ Alyssa, the bold yet cold hearted summoner. ~ Allen, the loving y...
2.2K 112 13
Imagine this: you're a teenage girl who doesn't have the greatest life. Your parents are alcoholic and abusive and at school you get bullied. Of cour...
3.1K 180 53
Starting over is tricky, specially when you decide to do it in the same place you lost everything. It might work or blow up in your face. Some call i...
218 20 21
*This story has been discontinued because of my own loss in interest in writing the story as well as the overall plot* When Quinn returns to her ho...