Glee: To the Next Level (the...

By arias3

With all of its original members gone, the glee club must struggle to survive at McKinley High School. Having... More

To The Next Level [Glee FanFic #2]
Chapter 1: Excited
Chapter 2: Trio
Chapter 3: Britney x3
Chapter 4: Rite of Passage
Chapter 5: Payback's a Bree
Chapter 6: Hot N' Cold
Chapter 7: Awkward
Chapter 8: Complicated
Chapter 9: Over
Not a Chapter-- QUESTION TIME ^_^
Chapter 10: Legacy
Chapter 11: Adams-Wilde vs Hart-Brown
Chapter 12: Misunderstandings
Chapter 13: The End of the Beginning
Chapter 14: The Fall Musical
Chapter 15: War for a Role
Chapter 16: Resurface
Chapter 17: Never Set Me Free
Chapter 18: Halloween Bash
Chapter 19: Burning Up
Chapter 20: Hairspray
Chapter 21: Friend or Foe
Chapter 22: Revelations
Chapter 23: Duets and Vulnerabilities
Chapter 24: Birthday
Chapter 25: Replacement
Chapter 26: Competition
Chapter 27: Generosity
Chapter 28: Feliz Navidad and a Happy New Year
Chapter 29: Eye of the Tiger
Chapter 30: The Creative Process
Chapter 31: Film Do-It's
Chapter 32: Guilty Pleasures
Chapter 33: New Information
Chapter 34: Right Where You Want Me
Chapter 35: Before You Go
Chapter 36: King of Laziness
Chapter 37: That 70s Show
Chapter 38: Decades Dance
Chapter 39: The Next Forty Minutes
Chapter 40: Valentine Grams
Chapter 41: A Time for Love
Chapter 42: Addicted to Love
Chapter 43: Project Popularity
Chapter 44: The Girls' Demands
Chapter 45: One End and Two Beginnings
Chapter 46: Sorting Hat
Chapter 47: One Week
Chapter 48: The Girlfriend
Chapter 49: The Show
Chapter 50: Finale
Chapter 51: New Girl
Chapter 52: Cheerleaders and Angels
Chapter 53: Regionals
Chapter 54: Denial
Chapter 55: Anger
Chapter 56: Fed Up
Chapter 57: Bargaining
Chapter 58: Back to the Beginning
Chapter 59: Poor Unfortunate Souls
Chapter 60: Boys Will Be Boys
Chapter 61: The Full Killing Machine
Chapter 62: Picnic
Chapter 63: Looking For Salvation
Chapter 64: Wonderland
Chapter 65: Downward
Chapter 66: Getting Involved
Chapter 67: Depression
Chapter 68: Change
Chapter 69: Before Prom
Chapter 70: Prom
Chapter 72: The Drinking Game
Chapter 73: No Habla EspaƱol
Not a Chapter-- READERS' CHOICE ^_^
Chapter 74: The Super Secret of the Super Devious Super Girl
Chapter 75: Know Your Enemy
Chapter 76: Whatever Comes Next
Chapter 77: The Only Way is Up
Chapter 78: Crazy
Chapter 79: Harlie
Chapter 80: Late Night Bonding
Chapter 81: Athens of the South
Chapter 82: Fly Away
Chapter 83: Superlatives
Chapter 84: One, Two, Three
Chapter 85: Graduation
Character Contest

Chapter 71: After Prom

2.2K 70 58
By arias3

Julie was awakened by a loud thud coming from the room next door. She opened her eyes and began stretching when she felt a too-comfortable-for-comfort breeze. It took only seconds for her to realize that she wasn't wearing any clothes. She lifted the sheets that were covering her and checked underneath, confirming this. And although she wished she didn't have to, she turned slowly as she felt someone else's presence. There beside her was shirtless John. She didn't dare look under the covers to find out how much clothes he was wearing.

"Oh my gosh..." she began to panic. "Oh... My... Gosh! I'm naked. I'm naked, I'm naked, I'm naked." She scrambled for her clothes on the floor and, not finding any, pulled the covers from John to wear as a dress. He groaned as she did so and slowly opened his eyes. They widened in amused horror as he realized he wasn't clothed. Shocked, he threw himself off the bed and used a pillow to cover himself off.

"What's going on?" he asked Julie. 

She looked at him terrifyingly and exclaimed, "How the hell I supposed to know? I mean, did we..?"

"No," he said. "We would know, right? Check the sheets for blood stains in case your hymen was broken."

"Gross!" she told him, cringing her nose in disgust. "Never say anything like that ever again."

"It's a good way of knowing!" he defended.

She shook her head. "No, it isn't! I was in gymnastics. I'm a dancer. It probably broke long ago. Eww, I can't believe I'm talking to you about this... I can't believe there's a chance we..."

"No there isn't!" he exclaimed quickly. "We don't even... You and I don't... Eww. No we didn't."

"Then why did we wake up together and naked?" Julie exclaimed. "We're naked and we... We were in bed together and... Oh god..."

She ran to the bathroom, where she proceeded to puke into the toilet. From the bedroom, John called out, "Oh come on. Now you're just exaggerating. You can't be that repulsed by the thought of us... Gross, I can't even finish that sentence."

Julie emerged from the restroom, a dazed look on her face as she looked around. "Wait a minute," she said suddenly. "Where are we?" She ran to the edge of the room and opened the curtains, blinding John, who shielded himself, with the sunlight. 

"Close that!" he shouted

"Come look at this," she urged him in a frenzy. "Come quick."

"I will as soon as I find some clothes," he agreed. 

She rolled her eyes. "Grab a towel from the bathroom and come check this out," she insisted. He followed orders and was as shocked as she when he looked out the window.

"This isn't Lima..." he mumbled. 

She shook her head. "Nope," she agreed. "John, how the hell did we wake up in Vegas?"

***

"Oh my head hurts," Kitty moaned as she opened her eyes. "Bree... Bree... How much did I drink? When did I go to bed..?" 

She turned around in bed and shrieked. "What the hell!" Sugar shouted as she also woke up and sat up. Kitty turned once again and found Shana stretching as she also rose from her slumber.

When Shana saw them, she grinned and jokingly mumbled, "This is just like that dream I had a few weeks ago..."

Kitty scowled, kicking them both off the bed and rushing to the bathroom to throw up. "Where the hell is Bree?" Kitty asked. "Oh man, I need coffee... I'm so screwed. My head is killing me."

"You're talking too loudly," Sugar grumbled.

"Seriously, how much did we drink last night?" Kitty asked once again. 

"One shot," Sugar began to count as she walked towards the bathroom. "Two shots... Three shots... Four and floor..." She stumbled onto the ground and Shana cackled.

"Stop playing around," Kitty said. "I need to find Bree."

"Don't freak out," Shana said, looking out the window. "But I'm pretty sure we're in Las Vegas."

"What?" Kitty asked as Sugar shrieked, "Awesome!"

***

Ryder was awakened by the ringing of his phone. He'd heard it multiple times over the morning but didn't pick up until it was Julie's ringtone. 

"What's up?" he said numbly as he answered. He listened for a few seconds as she rambled on senselessly, and finally got a chance to say, "Wait, you said you're where?"

"What's going on?" mumbled Jake as he came out of the bathroom. He had been awake for a few minutes now, but didn't want to wake Ryder up, as he wished he himself was sleeping.

"Wait, you're here?" Ryder said, sighing with disappointment. "Check outside the window dude."

"Holy shit," said Jake. "Vegas? Are you fucking with me right now, Ryder?"

"Ok, we're here, too," said Ryder into the phone. "What hotel are you at?" As Julie responded, he reached for the stationary on the end table and sighed with relief. "Great, same here," he said. "Let's meet down in the lobby in ten minutes alri-- Hmm..? Why do you need clothes..?" He paused for a second and Jake watched him with confusion. "Then what are you wearing now?"

"Dude, at least warn me if you're going to start having kinky conversations so I can leave the room," Jake complained.

Ryder shook his head and into the phone said, "Ok we'll get that for you and meet you in your room them... Umm, looks like Jake... Hmm? Yeah.... Alright, see you soon."

"What's going on?" Jake asked.

"No idea," Ryder admitted. "It looks like we somehow flew ourselves to Vegas last night. I don't know man, I don't remember a thing."

"I..." Jake began. "Me either... The last thing I remember is being at Sugar's house and singing and drinking and everything else is just blurred out."

"We were in Sugar's house?" Ryder responded, rubbing his temples. "Man, this is insane. All I can remember is fighting with Julie but that happened during prom."

"Ok, well, let's meet up with her then and see what we can figure out," Jake said.

"She's with John," Ryder told him as he stood from the bed. "And they apparently don't have any clothes."

Jake raised an eyebrow. "Umm..." he mumbled. "That's something..." Ryder nodded and began getting ready to head out.

***

Just as Marley was getting started on all the homework she had lined up for the weekend, her mother came into the kitchen with a stern expression. "Honey," she began, "Mr. Schuester wants to talk to you."

"Is he on the phone?" Marley asked her mother, confused.

Millie shook her head. "They want me to drive you to school," she answered.

"They?" Marley responded.

***

When Jake and Ryder were heading out, they heard a loud thud in the closet. "Please don't be a baby," Jake pleaded as they walked towards it.

"Or a tiger," Ryder added.

"I'd rather a tiger than a baby," Jake told him. Ryder gave him a look before reaching for the door know and pulling the door open. Inside, Harmony was rubbing her head and looking up at them doe-eyed.

"Where am I?" she asked.

"In a closet," Jake said. As Ryder helped her up, he added, "In a hotel in Vegas."

"What?" she exclaimed, pulling away from Ryder in surprise, losing her balance and stumbling to the ground. "Ow!"

The guys helped her up and said, "Come on. We're headed out to meet with John and Julie."

"Where's Dan?" asked Harmony, panicking. "And Rory? And Sugar, I was with them last."

"No idea," said Ryder. "Call them."

Harmony looked around for her phone but failed to find it. "It would appear I've lost my phone," she said defeatedly.

"Join the club," Jake said. 

Ryder sighed. "Here, use mine," he said, handing his over. "It has low battery so make it..." His voice trailed off as the phone vibrated, beeped, and powered up. "...quick..."

"Great..." Harmony mumbled. "My boyfriend is lost somewhere in freaking Nevada and now I have no way of reaching him. Let's just get out of here, please."

She led them out of the room in a haste and Jake prayed that somehow he could zap himself away from the group of people he got along with least in glee club.

***

 "You guys got called in, too?" said Alex as he walked into an empty McKinley classroom. Marley, Amity and Joe were sitting quietly at desks. 

"I'd never been in this room before," Marley said, looking around.

"This is where they have detention," said Alex. "For a while, I lived here. Anyway, what's going on?"

"They can't seem to find anyone who went out to party last night," Amity sighed. "Weren't you with them?"

"I hit up one of the after parties," he answered. "But then they all wanted to sing and so they went to Sugar's place for karaoke and drinking. And that's when I peaced out."

"This is crazy," Marley said. "I've been calling them all morning and nobody is answering. I mean, you'd think one of them would have their phones."

"Sugar's housekeeper said they left her place at around one and Sugar never returned," said Joe. "I'm getting worried."

"Me, too," Amity nodded. 

"It's only noon," said Alex. "I'm sure they are just crashed out somewhere and waiting to sober up and head home."

***

"We need to find somewhere to charge our phones," said John when he and Julie were heading down the elevator with Harmony, Jake and Ryder. They were both wearing I heart Las Vegas shirts and beach shorts plus a Las Vegas bikini underneath for Julie-- the only clothing items Ryder had found for them at the gift shop. Ryder and Jake, meanwhile, were wearing their dress shirts and slacks from the previous night-- all they were missing were the tuxedo jackets. As for Harmony, she was wearing a typical sundress, which she had no idea how she came upon.

 "I don't understand..." Julie muttered as they walked to the lobby. "How did we end up in Vegas?"

"Of all the places to be stranded in..." Harmony complained. "This is awful."

"Look at the bright side," Jake offered. "At least it's not Napa Valley. It'd be pretty cool if it was Bangkok or Mexico though."

"Dude, enough with the Hangover references," Ryder told him. "The last thing we need is to live through that movie."

"Just trying to think positive," Jake shrugged.

"Let me try," John began. "There's a chance I finally lost my virginity." He offered Ryder a high-five but the latter glared at him.

"That's my girlfriend, dude," he told him, shaking his head.

John and Jake laughed, much to Julie's embarrassment, as Harmony's face lit up. "Oh my gosh!" she exclaimed. "It's Unique!" She ran across the lobby, followed by the others, and caught up with Unique. She was wearing a Romeo Santos Concierto t-shirt and a pair of jeans, which she didn't seem too happy about. Her signature wig was also missing, so anyone who didn't know her would just think she was a guy.

"You guys!" exclaimed Unique when she saw them. "I don't know where I am or how I got here. I just woke up and I was in some room all alone and I--"

"Wait, none of the others are with you then?" Harmony asked disappointedly.

"No," said Unique. "I haven't-- Look, over there!"

They turned to where she pointed-- the elevators-- and saw Sugar, Shana and Bree emerging from one of them. They rushed over to the girls.

"Do any of you have any idea how we ended up here?" Julie asked as soon as they reached them.

"Have you seen Dan?" Harmony asked as they shook their heads to both questions.

"Alright, who are we missing?" asked Ryder.

"Who knows?" Kitty answered. "I'm not even sure who we came here with."

"Everyone except Amity, Alex, Joe and Marley," Unique said surely. "I remember we were at Sugar's place. And everyone was re-singing their prom songs. And then someone said we should play a game."

"What kind of game?" asked Jake. "Who can make it to fucking Vegas first?"

"I've never heard you curse this much," Julie noted.

"No," Unique continued. "I don't remember too well... I mean, we were drinking."

"Ok, let's cure the hangover with some breakfast and caffeine," Jake suggested. "We can try to jog each other's memories and see what we remember."

***

"Okay, so what do we have?" asked John as they began eating. "We were all at prom, right?"

"Right," Kitty and Jake said in unison, looking at each other and rolling their eyes.

"And everything was fine and normal until--" John continued.

"Just before prom court was announced," Julie interrupted him, looking over at Ryder. "You and Jake got into a fight just before we went up there and then we got in a fight."

"Right," Ryder nodded as they pictured the moment.

-----------

"Hey, will the future queen do me the honor of just one dance together?" Jake asked as he walked over to Julie just outside the edge of the dance floor.

"I don't know..." Julie responded. "Ryder is--"

"--hanging out with friends and gets to have you the rest of the night," Jake said. "Just one dance shouldn't be a big deal."

Julie took the hand he was offering uncertainly, but she was right. They hadn't spent a whole minute together before Ryder showed up, angry at Jake. "Hands off my girlfriend," he hissed, pulling her away from him.

"You're not even going to ask her if she wants to dance with me or not?" Jake asked defiantly.

Ryder turned to Julie expectantly and they both waited for her to speak for herself. "You two are unbelievable," she finally said, rushing away from them. She was just a few feet from the punch table when Ryder stopped her and took her arm.

"Julie, wait," he said. "I'm sorry."

-----------

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" Julie said. "Stop right there. That's not how it happened."

"Yes it is," Ryder insisted, turning to Jake. "Isn't it?"

Jake shrugged. "I guess..." he said.

"Until the part with Jake, yes," Julie affirmed. "But after that, no. You never apologized."

"Sure I did," Ryder claimed.

Julie shook her head. "You didn't," she repeated.

"Then what happened, huh?" Ryder asked.

-----------

"You two are unbelievable," Julie told Ryder and Jake, rushing away from them. She was just a few feet from the punch table when Ryder stopped her and took her arm.

"Julie, wait," he said. "You can't seriously be mad at me for not wanting that idiot to take advantage of you."

"Take ad-- are you listening to yourself?" Julie asked.

"This is what he wants," Ryder insisted. "He's trying to get us to fight so he can swoop in and save you like some lame wannabe superhero."

"Kick-ass was a great movie," Julie responded.

-----------

"Okay, you definitely never said that," Ryder stopped Julie.

"It was a great film," she replied. "Whatever, that doesn't matter. Point is we were fighting."

"And then?" asked Sugar, wanting to know more about the argument.

"And then the prom court was announced," Julie shrugged.

"Right," said Kitty. "That part I remember."

-----------

"And now," Emma announced merrily from the microphone that was just a little too high for her. "Your 2014 Prom King is... Raymond Harris."

Kitty rolled her eyes as she clapped along, thinking it was a little too expected for the male winner to be a football player. She turned to the side and looked at Julie, and then turned to other way to see Ryder, who didn't seem too happy, and wondered when it was that they started caring about winning prom court.

"And your 2014 Prom Queen is..." Emma went on. "Kitty Wilde!"

Kitty nearly fell over. She'd been nominated but she knew she stood no chance against Julie or even some of the seniors Cheerios nominated Peyton or Michelle. Julie gave her a quick hug before she stepped forward, with chills up her arms, wondering how on Earth she had won.

"Any words from the winners?" Emma said, taking the microphone off its stand and handing it to Kitty as a student she didn't recognize placed the crown over her head.

"Thank you all so much," Kitty said. "I know it took me some time to warm up to McKinley and vice versa but I am truly proud of the school I've become a part of. Every single one of you is amazing and wonderful. I love you all as much as you evidently love me."

-----------

"You didn't say that!" exclaimed Shana through her chuckles. "You said--"

-----------

"Thank you all so much," Kitty said, her voice quivering. "I know it took me some time to warm up to McKinley and vice versa but guess what? None of that matter bitches. I'm queen!"

She handed the microphone to Raymond Harris, who shouted, "Go Titans!" into it and gave it back to Emma as the crowd cheered. They, along with all of the nominees, made their way down to the dancefloor for a slow dance.

-----------

Kitty rolled her eyes. "Well, in my head it sounded that nice," she said. "Anyway, after that, I just remember dancing a lot."

"What if someone slipped us some roofies?" Jake asked, making Sugar gasp dramatically.

"Ok, one more movie reference and I'm going to punch right through your face," Ryder said.

"Say that again," John said suddenly.

"That's extremely kinky," said Shana, turning to Kitty. "Has he always been so 50 Shades of Grey?"

As Kitty nodded, John ignored the comment and explained, "I think you said that to me last night."

"To you?" asked Julie, looking over at Ryder. "Why'd you threaten to punch John?"

"Maybe so I wouldn't sleep with you," John shrugged jokingly.

Julie glared at him as Kitty said, "Excuse me, what?"

"Nothing, ignore him," Julie dismissed the topic. "Seriously, Ryder, why were you and John fighting?"

"I really don't remember speaking to him very much last night," Ryder said earnestly. "Let alone fighting with him."

"Well, does anyone else remember anything after Kitty gave her little narcissistic speech?" Unique asked.

"Going to that one cheerleaders' house for a party," said Sugar. "What's her name? The dumb blonde one?"

"Brittany?" asked Unique.

Kitty laughed and said, "I think you're talking about either Jordan or Carrie. Although the latter's kind of an evil genius in her own right. But we went to Carrie's house."

"Oh yeah..." mumbled Julie. "That's where you all started drinking."

"You all?" asked Shana. "I hate to break it to you baby girl but you obviously did, too, if you're here and can't remember anything."

"I remember the party, though," she said. "It wasn't really all that bad. Almost everyone was drinking but I definitely wasn't. At least not at that party. I was cautious because of my meds. I left and it was Bree that was driving Ryder, Kitty and me, so she was pretty sober, too. Ryder and Kitty had already been drinking, so we dropped Joe off at home and then went to Sugar's house. The rest I really don't remember."

"Dan, Rory and Bree were with us, right?" Harmony said, speaking for the first time in her surprisingly long silence streak. "I'm not just adding them into the blurred memories I have of Sugar's house?"

"Yeah, they were definitely there," Julie nodded.

"I don't even remember going back to my place," Sugar said.

Unique sighed, saying what everyone else was thinking. "That still doesn't explain how we ended up in Vegas."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 61 47
Based on Season 2 of Glee... After a tough loss at Regionals, the Glee Club is back as the underdogs of McKinley High. When the school is faced with...
17.3K 823 27
"What's up, blogosphere? Jacob Ben Israel here, back on the street with an exclusive look at McKinley's newest celebrities, the New Directions!" Winn...
686 13 8
"Let 'em wonder how we got this far 'Cause I don't really need to wonder at all." ~ Sophomore year. Lima, Ohio. 2009. Ileana Pillsbury, the niece tu...
13.5K 710 29
"Well, I don't like living under your spotlight. Maybe if you treat me right you won't have to worry." Violette Donovan and Quinn Fabray have always...