Redamancy

By chardawnxstories

(n.) the act of loving the one who loves you; a love returned in full Simple CharDawn stories that brings hap... More

II.
III.
IV.
V.
VI.
VII.
VIII.
IX.
X.
XI.
XII.
XIII.
XIV.
XV.
XVI.
XVII.
XVIII.

I.

2.6K 67 6
By chardawnxstories

November 27, 2018, 7:34 P.M.

Dawn laughs as she browses her twitter notifications. Their, hers and Richard's, babies are going wild. They seem to have a twitter party for Gomz, she thought.

"Baka para sa new movie." she unconciously blabbers.

Dawn contemplates whether she would text him and say congratulations or let the cold air stay between them.

"But it's been going on for too long. Maybe it's time?" so she opened her phone, tap messages and composed a new message

"To: Gomz

Hey, congratulations! 😊" and hit send.

She taps the couch, her habit whenever she feels nervous and anxious.

10 minutes later, no reply.

20.. 30 minutes have passed and there is still no reply.

"Come on Dawn, he's at the premiere night. Maybe he's busy."

November 28, 2018, 12:26 A.M.

ting!

ting!

ting!

Dawn was awakened by the consecutive text messages. She checks on her husband if he, too, was awakened by it but he is still in deep sleep. She checks her phone and squints a little due to the brightness of her phone and then her eyes widened when she saw the name of the person who texted her.

"Gomz

3 new messages

Thanks, Dawny. 😊

Wish you could have attended the premiere.

See you soon."

It is just 10 words but it made her heart flutter. She panics, not knowing what to reply.

She types "You're welcome. 😊" and hit send. And immediately, Gomz texted her back "Dating gawi?"

"Now?"

"Sunduin kita?"

"I can't go out. Anton's here for the weekend."

"Oh okay. Call or facetime na lang?"

"Okay sure."

2 seconds later, Gomz is now calling her. FaceTime. She peeks at Anton and carefully slips out of the bed and went straight to their bathroom.

Dawn answers the call immediately after she locked the door behind her.

"Hey" his face lights up when he saw her, looking sleepy and groggy. "Maybe this is not the best time?" Gomz thinks.

"Bakit ka napatawag?" she asked while she was brushing her hair.

"Nothing. Just wanted to hear your voice-"

Dawn was caught off-guard but

"-it has been too long."

"Yeah." she smiled, sadness and longingness evident in her eyes.

Silence. Again.

"Congrats on your new movie." she said to somehow break the ice between them.

"Yeah, well, thanks."

"I'm happy for you."

"Are you really?"

"Totoo nga." She chuckles. "I'm really proud of you."

"Kinilig naman ako don!" He chuckles to hide his kilig and then she laughs.

"Sira!" She exclaimed! "Alam mo, ang daya mo." she said with a bit of sadness evident in her voice

"Ha? Bakit?"

"Sabi mo babalik ka." Hurt is present in her voice.

"Bumalik naman, ha?"

"Pero hindi naman ako yung binalikan mo." Her voice stuttered a little bit.

It caught Richard off-guard. Pain flashed in his eyes, even hers, as they both stare at each other through their phones.

"Huy, joke lang." And once again, she tries to lighten up the mood by hiding her pain by her chuckles and giggles. This conversation is really taking a toll on them, huh.

"Tumataba ka yata, Gomz." she said to change the topic in a lighter mood.

"Uyyy. Bakit alam mo? Do you stalk me on instagram?"

"Ha! Kapal mo. The fans are tagging me sometimes on your photos kaya alam ko."

"Ikaw din, tumataba ka na. It suits you. Ang ganda mo."

He chuckles, but he knows it's true. Now that he gets to see her face, even though in just a small screen, she is really becoming more beautiful. And then he caught her blushing.

"Uy kinilig ka naman."

"Shut up." she said with a grin.

"Gomz, can I ask you a question?"

"You're already asking a question, Taleon." He said with a grin, teasing her more.

"Seriously!!!!" she controls her laugh scared that Anton might wake up.

"I'm serious!"

"But kidding aside, can I really ask you a question Gomez?"

"Nakakakaba yung mga ganyan, Dawn ha. But okay, shoot."

"Okay na ba tayo? I mean the last time we met we were... I don't know, off?"

"Ikaw lang naman ang tampuhin dito!" He smiles, a warm smile that Richard does whenever he feels at ease, a smile that he only gives to Dawn when a small or big fight is finally over.

A tear fell down on Dawn's eyes as she sees that smile. It really means a lot to her. She's been carrying the guilt and tampo for almost two years and finally, she can feel relaxed, not spacing out every now and then, thinking of what could have been or what she should have done the last time they saw each other.

"Huy, why are you crying?" Gomz was stunned seeing her in tears.

"Nothing. It's just... It's just feels so good that we are now fine, we are okay."

"Yeah, I know. Wag ka na kasing magtampo! Diba nga "we will never split up".

"Naipasok mo pa talaga 'yon, ha." she says as she wipes her tears.

"So are we okay na? No grudges na, ha? Wala ng bawian!"

"I promised I will come back, and I will, Dawn. Maybe this is not just the best time nor the best project for us. But someday, Dawn, we will have our own time."

"I know." and they both smiled.

He checks the time, 1:21 A.M.

"Go to sleep na, Taleon. It's getting late."

"Ikaw din, Gomz, go home na. Mag-ingat sa pagda-drive, ha!"

"Yes, boss! Good night, Dawny!"

"Good night, Gomz."

And they ended the video call with a heart full of content and peace.

November 28, 2018, 10:36 A.M.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14K 826 28
πš†πš‘πšŽπš›πšŽ πšπš’πš 𝚒𝚘𝚞 πšŒπš˜πš–πšŽ πšπš›πš˜πš– πš‹πšŠπš‹πš’? π™°πš—πš πš πšŽπš›πšŽ 𝚒𝚘𝚞 πšœπšŽπš—πš 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚊𝚟𝚎 πš–πšŽ ? π™Ύπš‘ πšƒπš‘πšŽπš›πšŽ'𝚜 π™Άπš˜πš πš’πš— πšŽπšŸπšŽπš›πš’...
486K 41.4K 104
Sometimes A simple lovestory can create magic πŸ’ž
10.5K 98 8
My very own version of Richard Frank & Marie Rachel's lovestory. πŸ’“
412 28 13
Sometimes, love can happen from consuming the gingerbread made by a hopeful maiden, but when the time is right, love can grow even without the help o...