Destiny Through Time - An Inu...

By Midnight_Lilac

* THIS IS A COPYRIGHTED STORY OF MINE, MIDNIGHT_LILAC, PUBLISHED ON WATTPAD. IF YOU FIND IT ON ANY OTHER WEBS... More

Disclaimer and Copyright
Author's Note
Chapter 1 - Superhuman
Chapter 2 - Time Warp
Chapter 3 - Strange
Chapter 4 - New Home
Chapter 5 - Rejected
Chapter 6 - The Lord of the West
Chapter 7 - Chance to Return
Author's Note
Chapter 9 - Traveling
Chapter 10 - Confidence
Chapter 11 - Surfacing Emotions
**IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE**
Chapter 12 - Confusion
Chapter 13 - Betrayal
Chapter 14 - Pondering
Chapter 15 - Emotions
Chapter 16 - Truth

Chapter 8 - Held Back

718 44 11
By Midnight_Lilac

Hisako pov:

"So you're saying that Naraku is actually a bad demon who's caused all of you problems? That's why you're all after him?" I clarified, speaking loudly over the noise of the wind that rushed around us as we flew.

"That's right. Naraku has only caused all of us pain. Well, not to me as much as he has with Inuyasha, Sango, Miroku and Koga. He's an evil demon who wants to become the most powerful demon to have ever existed by gathering all the shards of the Shikon Jewel." Kagome answered with anger heard clearly in her voice.

"When you say pain, what sort of pain do you mean?" I pressed, wanting to know more details about Naraku.

When I had met him, he did seem like a mysterious person, if not evil. I couldn't tell what he was thinking or whether what he said was honest or not. But there were a few things that made me want to trust his words – the fact that he was a half demon and that he wasn't accepted in the world because he was different like me and that he and his comrades would accept me if I wished to join them. He had said that outcasts like us should stick together and secure our place in the world, to live because we deserved to live a fulfilling life just like every other person and be proud of who we were despite our differences. Those words were the only reason why I still had the miasma crystal he had given me on our first meeting.

His words had unconsciously giving me comfort but it didn't mean that I trusted him enough to become his friend and join him and the other odd members of his team.

"He a sadist who takes pleasure in tormenting people and making them suffer." Kagome said in an angry voice. "Inuyasha and Kikyou were set up against each other by him, causing bitter feelings and anger to grow between them, and Kikyou ended up dying because of that. Sango's family was killed by Naraku but he's kept her younger brother alive with a Jewel Shard and he's under his control. Miroku's family was cursed by him so he has the Wind Tunnel in his right hand that sucks in everything around it into its void. If the curse is not lifted, Miroku will soon be sucked into his Wind Tunnel and cease to exist. Koga's tribesmen were slaughtered by Kagura under Naraku's orders. He's a sick demon and all of us want him dead!"

"I see..." I said and looked to the emptiness beside me with a frown.

Was Naraku really that sort of demon? Had he really done all those terrible things? When he had offered me a place to belong, he seemed gentle and understanding. Even though I had refused his offer, he had given me the miasma crystal so I could contact him if I ever changed my mind. He didn't force me to join him though I did notice his sort of cunning and influential way of speaking and the rather absorbing expression in his scarlet eyes. Sure, he was powerful too – I could sense that – but was he really so evil?

"I told you she's on his side, Kagome! She doesn't seem to believe what you said about him!" Koga hollered and snapped me out of my thoughts.

I looked at him and narrowed my eyes. "I already told you that I'm not on anyone's side. So stop trying to make me a villain."

"Ha! As if! Then why didn't you show surprise or any sort of negative expression when Kagome told you what that b****** has done?!" He growled but I sighed, not in the mood to be dealing with this at the moment.

"I don't even know the guy, alright? He saved my life when I first turned up here so it's obvious that I wouldn't know whether he's good or bad. Besides, I haven't seen or experienced anything bad from him yet so I can't just get angry at him and make him the villain in my life too." I muttered. "I'd prefer not having any enemies....it's a hassle to deal with."

"She has a point, Koga. If she's not involved in anything concerning Naraku, we shouldn't drag her into it now. Besides, she'll be going home anyway." Kagome said and looked at me with a smile. "Don't take Koga's words too seriously, Hisako. Or any of ours. We've had it rough with Naraku so we can't help but criticize him."

I just nodded and gave her a small smile. We all then fell silent, though Koga glanced at me every now and then with a displeased glare. After almost an hour and a half of travelling on Kirara's back, with occasional passing conversations that were mostly about the modern world, we landed in an open grass field with an old square well in the center. We got off Kirara and she transformed back to the small housecat form she had when I first saw her. Kagome asked Koga to wait with Kirara and I followed her as she walked to the well.

"This is the Bone Eater's Well and it's the connecting portal between the Feudal Era and Modern Tokyo." She said and I looked into the well, grimacing at the bones I spotted at the very bottom. There was no water and the well wasn't all that deep.

"So how does it work?" I asked while leaning away from it to look at Kagome.

"We have to jump in while holding onto one of these." She answered and held out a small corked glass bottle with seven pink jagged shards inside it.

"Are these shards of the Shikon Jewel that you mentioned earlier?" I asked while narrowing my eyes at them.

"Yes. Besides linking the past and present, they grant immense power to whoever possesses it. Although, most demons that come to possess it usually lose control of themselves and go berserk." She answered and looked at the shards with a small frown. "Naraku has almost the entire Jewel now and he's getting stronger and stronger as days pass. His barriers are getting strong and so is his demonic power. We have to find the remaining Jewel Shards quickly and figure out a way to defeat him before he manages to make the Jewel whole again and absorb its full power. If he does absorb its full power, I'm afraid there will be no way to stop him. He will become immeasurably powerful and he could easily crush us all."

I clenched my fists and resisted from touching the miasma crystal I had around my neck. I felt suddenly anxious as I thought of him. If what Kagome said about him was true, I wanted to stay as far away as possible from him. He was sure to be stronger than me and if I got entangled with him in any way, there was certainly not going to be any easy way to escape. Going home was the best choice for me now – I wouldn't get involved in anything troublesome unnecessarily.

Well, it's not that I feared Naraku. As far as I was aware, he didn't have the intention of harming me....at least not yet. He had offered shelter after all, and I'm pretty sure I could fight him for long enough to escape if he did attack me. I didn't know what powers he had though so that would also pose as a bit disadvantageous to me if we ended up fighting, so to speak.

"A-ah, sorry, I didn't mean to bother you with our worries!" Kagome said after a moment while smiling sheepishly. "Let's get you home now, hmm?"

"Yeah, that would be great." I nodded.

She uncorked the bottle and handed me one of the pink shards. She then corked the bottle and put it in her skirt pocket. She ushered me to climb up onto the rim of the well along with her so I followed suit while unnoticeably taking off the miasma crystal and dropping it on the ground next to the well. She counted to three and we jumped into the well together only to be engulfed by pinkish light soon after. Instead of continuing to fall, we sort of floated. A few seconds passed and Kagome began to disappear. She vanished completely but I continued to float until gently landing on the floor of the well with the bones scattered around me.

"Kagome?" I called out while looking around me, though got no response.

I stood up and dusted my clothes before climbing out of the well. I was greeted by the grassy field and an annoyed Koga standing a few feet away. It looks like I hadn't got through the portal – I was still stuck in the Feudal Era. Shaking my head I climbed out of the well completely and smoothened out my clothes.

"Oi, where's Kagome? Why are you come out alone?" Koga asked when he noticed me.

"I think she went home. The well didn't let me go through." I said with a shrug and a look of anger and worry passed over his features. He ran to me at lightning speed before shoving me onto my back on the ground with a tight grip on my throat, enough to choke me.

"What did you do to Kagome?! I'll kill you if she's hurt!" He snarled and I coughed, trying to pry his hand off my throat.

"G-get off!" I yelled and hit one of my fists on the ground beside me to cause a quake under us that surprised Koga and caused him to loosen his hold on me.

Using his momentary distraction to my advantage, I kneed him in the gut and threw him off of me. I did a semi summersault to get back up on my feet and jumping back to put some distance between us. Koga was quick to get back on his feet as well and he launched at me again, holding out a tightly balled fist. However, before he could reach me and land a power packed punch, Kirara transformed and came in between us, guarding me from Koga. Koga skidded to a halt and glared at Kirara, baring his sharper canines a bit.

"What are you doing?! Get out of the way, Kirara!" He yelled. "Can't you tell that Kagome's disappeared?! I'm sure she did something to her so get out of the way and let me make her talk!"

Kirara growled and Koga's frown deepened, though he relaxed his stance a little. "What do you mean 'she's alright'?? I can't smell her scent! She's vanished!"

Kirara roared again and Koga only got more confused. "She went home? What you're saying makes no sense....but since you seem to be so sure of it, I'll wait for a few minutes to confirm that Kagome's okay before ripping this wench's throat out."

A few minutes passed and a pinkish glow emanated from the well. Koga, upon getting Kagome's scent, rushed to the well to look into it. The relieved smile on his face was enough to tell me that Kagome was back. A few moments later, she was out of the well and walking towards me with a look of confusion.

"What happened, Hisako? How come you're still here?" She asked.

"I don't know. I guess the well didn't let me through." I responded with a shrug.

"That's odd....it should have let you pass through. Inuyasha and I can go through it whenever we want to and since you're from the future too, it should have let you pass. I wonder why it didn't."

"It's probably because she lied. What if she's not from the other side of the well and is just trying to go there because Naraku wants her to destroy your home?" Koga spat making me scoff and look away as I found his accusation ridiculous.

"You know, I've had just about enough of your accusations. What do you want me to do so my words get through your thick skull?" I sneered.

"You should stop lying first! Just accept that you're with Naraku and we might consider sparing your life!"

"You're not very bright, are you? Anyone else wouldn't need to have things repeated so many times to understand it." I said flatly.

"Why you...!!"

"Koga! C'mon, stop fighting with her!" Kagome whined and Koga, not so surprisingly, complied. He scoffed and looked away with his arms crossed over his chest. Kagome sighed with a shake of her head and looked at me. "Maybe you turned up in the Feudal Era for a purpose, Hisako. You'll have to fulfill it in order to return."

"Purpose? What purpose would I have here?" I muttered. "I don't want to have anything to do with demons or the Feudal Era – not when things have just begun to settle down for me in Tokyo."

"Well, I guess you'll just have to find out the reason why you're here, do what has to be done and then go home. So where do you plan start? Do you have anywhere particular you want to go?" She asked and smiled with a word of thanks as I returned her Jewel Shard.

"I don't know. I don't really have anywhere to go."

"Oh....then would you like to travel with us while you search for a way to go home? You did say you can fight, right? Maybe you can help us look for the Jewel Shards – you know, give us a hand with fighting bad demons and such." She suggested.

"What?! Kagome, you can't ask her to join you! She's with Naraku!" Koga hollered and I felt my patience with him snap.

"Would you shut up already?! Enough with the 'she's-with-Naraku' crap! Stop saying things that are not true!" I yelled with a venomous glare. "If you don't, I'll be forced to make you shut up."

"Oh yeah? Why don't you try! You're just a measly human! I can break your neck in half with the least amount of effort! And I'll be doing a favor to the world by killing one of that b******* minions!"

"Bring it on, Wolf Boy." I hissed and widened my stance, ready to fight him.

"Would you two stop it already?!" Kagome yelled and my eyes went wide in surprise as she shoved me to the side and kicked Koga in the shin, leaving him whimpering while rubbing the sore spot. "Argh! You're fighting like children! Honestly!"

I raised a brow at her comment and she sighed. "Okay, we're not going to talk about Hisako being Naraku's ally anymore because she's clearly said she isn't. Also, she can't be his ally because she's from my country. Now let's decide what you want to do, Hisako – do you want to travel with us or do you want to find your way by yourself?"

I contemplated on her words for a moment. Traveling alone was comfortable for me but knowing that the chances of running into powerful demons that could kill me were high, traveling in a group with multiple fighters sounded like a safer idea. Well, it's not that I hadn't managed winning in fights against pretty strong demons before but if they appeared in large numbers, it could pose to be problematic.

"I'll travel with you guys for a while, perhaps until I find any clues on what I'm supposed to do to go home. Of course, I'll do so only if you and the others of your team are okay with it."

"You can travel with us, definitely! And I'm sure they won't mind! Why don't we head back after I talk to Koga? I have to apologize to him for kicking him." She said embarrassed and excused herself for a moment.

I used their distraction as a chance to walk to the well and pick up the miasma crystal necklace again. I looked over it for a moment with a frown, unable to decide whether to throw it away or keep it with me during my time in the Feudal Era. All the people I had come across until now despised Naraku and blamed him for their misfortunes, saying that he was the one who had hurt them. So he was an evil demon....or not? Dammit....why did his words make me waver so much? Was I really still so insecure and apprehensive about being different from other people? Was I still so concerned and afraid of becoming an outcast and being abandoned when my true power was discovered by any normal person? I thought I had got over it after mingling with my own kind and accepting myself for who I truly am and believing that there surely were people who would be open-minded enough to accept us.

I let out a frustrated sigh while grasping the crystal in my hand tightly. I could feel Naraku's demonic power in the crystal though it was very faint. I knew I had felt anxious just a little while ago when Kagome had told me about everything he had done and how powerful he would become if he got the whole Shikon Jewel in his possession – someone as powerful as him could easily subdue me or harm me if I refused to side with him but his demonic aura now, as I felt it in my palm, was oddly comforting. It was as if there was a possibility that he, being stronger and bolder than me, was willing to protect and shelter me and I didn't have to worry about what I had to do if I couldn't handle the pressure of fighting or being shunned.

"I must be a fool..." I muttered to myself and put on the necklace again, in some amount of uncertainty, before joining Koga and Kagome again.

"You take good care of yourself, Kagome. I promise I'll come to see you again soon." Koga said while holding Kagome's hands in his and smiling at her as if he was in love with her. Wait a minute, was he?

Kagome laughed awkwardly while mumbling a word of gratitude, not seeming to return his enthusiasm. Koga sped off in a tornado moments later, but not before sparing me a glare and a warning of course. When he was out of sight, Kagome sighed in relief and turned to me.

"Shall we go?" She asked and walked to Kirara.

Having got on, she looked at me and waited for me to get on behind her. I hadn't moved though because I knew there were few things that I had to tell her before we agreed on the idea of travelling together. I did not want to keep secrets that could later on cause unnecessary trouble and misunderstandings.

"Kagome? There are two things that I need to tell you before we leave. I think it's important for you to know."

"What is it, Hisako?" She questioned gently.

"I came to the Feudal Era because of a Jewel Shard." I said and looked to the side at a few flowers in the grass field. "I happened to buy it in a store on the way to a friend's house, though I assumed it was nothing more than a pretty stone made into a pendant. I got mixed up in an accident soon after and I fell out of a window. As I was falling, the same pink light that lit up the well surrounded me and I woke up to find myself in Naraku's Castle, wrapped in bandages. I'm not very social and I don't really like talking to people much, especially strangers, so I wanted to leave from his castle as soon as possible. He asked me for my necklace then, sort of in return for saving my life, and I gave it to him. I found it odd that he was interested in my necklace but I now think that I might have ended up giving him a Shikon Jewel Shard."

"Oh....I see. I guess we can't do anything about it. You didn't know what it was so it's not your fault. I'm glad you told me about it though." She said smiling. "What is the other thing you wanted to tell me?"

I twitched and fisted both hands, hesitating to tell her. I wondered if she would see me as a freak as well but she was different from other normal people too. She was a priestess with spiritual powers who was traveling between the Feudal Era and the modern world so she wouldn't see me as a freak, right?

"Hisako?" She called out, breaking my train of thought. I exhaled deeply before meeting her curious brown eyes.

"Have you heard of Superhumans? In Tokyo, I mean."

"I have heard of them though I've never met one. Well, I wouldn't know if I've met one or not since I've heard that they don't let other people know that they're Superhumans. What about them?" She questioned.

I inhaled deeply to suppress the nervous knot that was forming in my chest before I spoke. "I'm a Superhuman. I'm a person with powers that normal people don't have. As you said, I, just like the other Superhumans I know, have always done my best to blend in with the crowd so I'm not noticed as different."

"You're a Superhuman?? Really?! That's so cool!!!" She hollered with an excited grin. "What powers do you have?? Can you show me what cool stuff you can do?? Oh goodness, I've always wanted to meet one of you! I'm so glad I met you!"

I was surprised by her words and her excitement. This was the first time someone had been so comfortable, let alone excited, to know about my powers. It felt pleasant and....refreshing.

"You're not weirded out by it?" I asked suspiciously.

"Of course not! What's there to be weirded out by? Sure, you're a little different from other people but it's nothing to be weirded out by. Everyone is different in one way or another, after all, right?"

My eyes went wide at her words. I felt a jolt rush through my body as well and my eyes stung. I blinked several times, pushing back the layer of tears that had glassed out my vision. It had been years since I felt such turbulence in my emotions. I was always closed off from people, emotionally detached from everyone I knew except those of Love Lock, but Kagome's open heart had stirred something in the depths of my conscience. An overwhelming desire to connect to people, to friends, like a normal human being bubbled within me all of a sudden. And the first friend like that could be....Kagome.

"Thank you, Kagome." I said, my voice barely above a whisper.

"Huh? Why are you thanking me?"

"Because you're the first person besides those in Love Lock who hasn't thought of me as a freak after learning about who I am. It felt nice to not be pushed away for being different." I confessed, embarrassed about suddenly showing a side that I always kept hidden from those around me. It was the same side that Naraku had seen so easily despite me maintaining my usual aloof façade. How he had seen through it, I'm yet to understand.

"You know, for someone who gives off a first impression of being crude and unfriendly, you're kind of adorable, Hisako." Kagome said with a light blush dusting her cheeks. "I have a feeling that we'll get along well. Now let's head back to the others. Inuyasha will be in a fit if I'm late."

I opened my mouth to ask her why she thought I was adorable but I decided against it. I smiled though, a barely visible smile, and walked over to Kirara to get onto her back. Once I was seated, Kirara pushed off the ground and soared through the sky back in the direction from whence we had come.

>>Timeskip

"She really doesn't talk much, does she?" Sango spoke in a hushed whisper.

"I guess not. She's difficult to start a conversation with too." Miroku said. "But she's really beautiful."

"At least she gets along with Shippo and Kirara." Sango added. "She just doesn't seem to be very social."

I sighed while closing my eyes momentarily before glancing at Sango, Miroku and Kagome. They tensed upon noticing me watching them and pretended to be involved in some conversation amongst themselves.

"I heard what you said, you know." I said and closed the gap between us as we walked down a mud path that meandered between a large lush meadow.

"O-oh! W-we didn't mean to sound rude. We were just...."

"It's alright." I said with a small smile, interrupting Miroku. "You were right. I've never really been social anyway. I don't have any close friends besides the people I board with and I usually keep to myself. I've heard many times that I am hard to talk to because I give off a very unfriendly aura. You don't have to hesitate to talk to me if you need anything but don't feel bad if I don't start a conversation on my own."

"O-oh, yeah." Sango said awkwardly and they looked away from me.

I resisted from sighing at the expected reaction I got from them. I merely looked away but didn't put the extended distance between us as we walked.

"Hey Hisako! Do you want a fried mushroom? It's really tasty!" Shippo chimed as he hopped up onto my shoulder.

I smiled as I earned giggle from him when I nuzzled my cheek with his and took the fried mushroom he held out for me to eat. "Thank you, Shippo. That's very sweet of you."

"Sango is right in saying that you get along well with Shippo." Kagome pointed and I looked at her still smiling.

"I guess children and animals have been the closest friends I've ever had. I have a soft spot for them....since they don't usually discriminate people. Their innocence is refreshing." I said with a small shrug.

"It's no wonder you were so close with Rin too. She wasn't ready to let you leave." Sango said and received nods of agreement from the others. "It's nice to see that Shippo and Kirara enjoy your company too."

"Well isn't that just grand." Inuyasha spoke this time, sounding annoyed. "Shippo and Kirara have a new playmate. If you ask me though, she's just extra luggage! I bet she's useless even though she did say she can fight."

"Inuyasha, you're being rude again." Kagome scolded though Inuyasha just looked to the side with a scoff.

"Inuyasha is always like that but he usually doesn't mean what he says. He's a nice guy who helps out a lot of people." Shippo said, having made himself comfortable in my arms. Though he yelped and hid behind my shoulder and away from Inuyasha when he tried to land a punch on his head.

"Stop babbling embarrassing stuff!" Inuyasha hollered angrily.

"What's embarrassing about being nice?! I'm complimenting you so you should be happy about it!" Shippo retorted.

"You are embarrassing me, you little runt!" Inuyasha hissed and I laughed, finding their argument funny.

"That's the first time I've seen you laugh. You look really pretty when you smile or laugh." Kagome said with a gleeful smile and I somehow felt awkward. I mumbled a soft thanks and fell silent, letting go of Shippo and the argument between them continued as they chased each other.

"Inuyasha! I sense a Sacred Jewel Shard!" Kagome suddenly said and everyone perked up. "It's just a little up ahead but it seems to be coming right towards us. And fast."

"It's a demon – the demonic aura is quite strong." Miroku said and held out his Shakujo staff, ready to fight.

"Heh! It doesn't matter whether it's a weak or strong demon. I'm going to take it down and retrieve the Jewel Shard!" Inuyasha aid with a grin and held up a clawed hand while cracking his joints.

"Will you guys allow me to fight this demon?" I asked and everyone looked at me. "It will give me a chance to show you my powers and I could use the exercise."

"You want to fight the demon alone? It seems to be quite powerful though....you might not be able to handle it on your own." Sango said.

"It doesn't seem to be anything I can't handle. I'd like to try....if it's too strong, I'd like it if you could help." I said politely. I didn't want to sound rude in any way, especially since they were nice enough to let me tag along with them.

"Fine, whatever. You can give it a shot but remember, if we see one slip up, we're going to step in and finish the job quickly." Inuyasha muttered and took a seat on a boulder nearby.

I nodded to him and looked ahead as the demonic aura got closer and closer until a big bear demon ran out of the trees several feet ahead of us. It roared and ran at me, its eyes red in blind fury, and I inhaled deeply waiting for it to come a little closer before I attacked it.

"What are you waiting for?! I thought you said you're going to fight it with your powers!" Inuyasha hollered and I noticed him stand and reach for the hilt of his sword.

"I will fight him so don't get up." I said and placed my hand on the ground to transmute the minerals in the earth to create a halberd.

"What the?! How did she do that?" I heard Miroku asked and I smiled, feeling just a little smug about the awe my powers had received.

Holding the halberd in both hands, I ran towards the bear demon and tried to slash it. It was quick and powerful though and blocked the blade with its paw before shoving me back. I skidded to a halt but pushed off the ground and ran at it again. I dodged its paw and frowned at the huge crater and dust cloud it left in its wake. Instead of attacking with the halberd again, I thrust it into the ground, returning it to dirt before sending several columns of rock at the demon. It roared as it took the attack head on, even bleeding a bit in the places of contact.

Much to my surprise though, the demon was much stronger than I anticipated, probably because of the Jewel Shard it had, and it crushed the columns of rock before rushing towards me. I didn't have enough time to get out of the way and I grunted as it hit me with its paw, sending me flying back and landing against a few boulders in the distance. The hit had bruised me pretty badly and landing against the rocks only made it worse. I could feel the pain and blood of scratches on my entire back and I coughed up a bit of blood from the damage my chest and torso had taken from the hit.

"Oh no, Hisako! Are you alright?!" Kagome yelled and rushed to my side in worry. I sat up, coughing at the pain the movement sent through my body and spat out blood from my mouth. I pushed to stand but Kagome insisted me to lay down.

"Tch, I told you this wasn't going to be easy. We should have taken care of this from the start." Inuyasha scoffed and unsheathed his sword and brought it down immediately, sending out a powerful blast of energy. "Wind Scar!"

The Wind Scar hit the bear demon but he wasn't injured enough to stop his rampage. Inuyasha cursed and jumped out of the way as the bear demon tried to attack him and Miroku and Sango joined in to fight against it. It was strong but I wasn't going to let this one hit stop me from finishing the fight that I started. I cursed under my breath and stood up though Kagome held my arm again and told me not to push myself.

"I'll be fine, Kagome. I'm not going leave this fight halfway." I said and inhaled deeply to activate my healing ability. My wounds were healed in no time and Kagome gasped in surprise as I left her and ran at the bear demon again.

This time, I transmuted a long katana and agitated the particles on the sharp edge of the blade. The blade sparked, creating a mix of lightning and blue fire.

"Out of the way!" I yelled and the three of them who were standing around the demon fighting it jumped back to give me room to attack. I jumped, gaining a good amount of height by pushing myself up by transmuting the ground below me and I brought the blade down on the demon.

I left a deep gash through its torso and I roared as blood spurted out of the wound. It fell to the ground, withering in pain and Inuyasha rushed forward to remove the Sacred Jewel Shard that was lodged in its head. When it was removed, the bear demon disintegrated into nothingness. Everyone gathered and I let the katana in my hand fall to the ground as dust.

"Wow, your powers are really amazing, Hisako. You were able to fight the demon without much difficulty." Miroku said. "But I am curious about one thing. How did your injuries heal so quickly?"

"It's another power of mine." I said and looked at the small scrape Inuyasha had got on his arm. I reached for it and touched it to heal it in seconds, along with the tear in his red robes.

"Well, whaddaya know? You're not so useless after all." He mused.

"Inuyasha....sit!" Kagome yelled and he plummeted to the ground with a yelp. "Hmph! Serves you right for being rude all the time."

"Heyy! Give me a break, would ya?!" He hissed while lifting up his mud stained face.

"Let's not get all worked up now." Miroku said with a smile and patted Inuyasha's shoulder when he was standing looking infuriated. "We seem to be just a little away from a village. It's getting late and dark so we should head there to stay for the night."

"You're going to trick them into giving us a free meal and rooms for tonight by carrying out a fake exorcism, aren't you?" Sango mused while looking at him.

"I only exorcise demons to help innocent people." Miroku said while holding a hand up but I figured that what Sango said was the actual truth. She and the others were deadpanning at him so I guessed that this was a common occurrence.

"Let's get going. I'm actually quite hungry and I need a change of clothes." I said while looking at my ruined attire. It was torn in some places and had mud and blood stains too.

"Let's be off then." Miroku said cheerfully and headed out first. I followed suit and so did the others while sighing helplessly at Miroku's antics.

I smiled and looked up at the orange sky. Perhaps being with these guys was going to be a good experience – in the two days I had been traveling with them, even though Inuyasha was against the idea at first, I had come to see that they were all good and open-minded people. Their company was pleasant and enjoyable, especially because either Kagome or Shippo often bickered with Inuyasha. Of course, I wasn't one to interact with them much but I had become pretty close to Shippo and Kirara. They were adorable and very hard to not like being with. Surprisingly enough, Shippo too seemed to enjoy my company and traveled on my shoulder or in my arms whenever he got tired of walking.

I don't know for what reason I had come to the Feudal Era but I was glad for it in a way. I was finally seeing sides of myself that I had locked away inside, perhaps not entirely intentionally, and I felt lighter by the day, more free and unafraid of being who I truly was inside. I didn't have to pretend as I did when I was in Tokyo.

This was a change that I had needed, it seems, and I would experience it to the fullest until the time I returned to where I belonged.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whew! I've updated this after a really long time, haven't I? ^^' Oops!

Anyway, it looks like Hisako will have to stay in the Feudal Era for a while - the Bone Eater's Well didn't allow her to return. I wonder what her purpose is....

It's nice to see her getting along with Inuyasha's gang, isn't it? I mean, how can anyone not get along with a cinnamon roll as cute as Shippo, right? >3<

Thank you all for your patience and waiting for this story!

Vote!

COMMENT!!!!!

:D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 49 29
Her journey begins when both Kagome and her fall down the well, landing in the Feudal Era of Japan. Of course, the two have no clue of why they ended...
6.3K 223 27
What happens when you fall in love with the only person you're not allowed to have? What if they love you back? This is my take on the love story be...
120K 3.2K 22
It was unfortunate when Tanjiro twisted his ankle but Nezuko was all too willing to take the charcoal to town in his place. She returns home to a blo...
79.9K 1.8K 25
[Discontinued] [DON'T. READ. THIS. EVER. AGAIN. Because the book I made years ago is cringey to me, because it was written by a childish me in the p...