Want U Back

By very-ostentatious

Ever since Haley saw her ex-boyfriend, Parker, with another girl, she doesn't understand why she suddenly fee... More

Chapter one:
Chapter two:
Chapter three:
Chapter four:
Chapter five:
Chapter seven:
Chapter eight:
Chapter nine:
Chapter ten:
Chapter eleven:
Chapter twelve:
Chapter thirteen:
Chapter fourteen:
15. Bring it
16. The Third Wheeler
17. Popcorn, Rollercoasters and Parker
18. Popcorn, Rollercoasters and Parker
19. Green eyed Neighbor
20. Skipping School
21. The Camping Trip
22. The Camping Trip
23. The Camping Trip
24. Wait, what?!
25. Psychos and Ex girl friends
26. Responsible decisions and Crazy Keith
27. Want U Back

Chapter six:

1K 21 0
By very-ostentatious

Ryanne's story

Haley

Monday's weren't good for me. I absolutely loathed getting up on Mondays. Luckily, Alma knew that, so she cooked me a big breakfast. That's the only way she could get me to come downstairs.

After showering and getting dressed in some skinny jeans and a pretty blouse, I made my way downstairs.

Alma set my scrambled eggs, bacon, toast and orange juice on the table. "Good morning," I said to her.

I looked down at the food and smiled. "Gracias Alma, it smells amazing," I told her and she smiled and leaned down to kiss my forehead.

"You look very pretty, mi hija," She complemented me and I smiled up gratefully at her.

After my mother had left us, Alma was the next closest thing to a mother. She immediately took the position of being a mother and a friend to me and my brother. She understood ans took care of us like we were her own. I asked Alma if she had any kids in Mexico, but she hadn't. Her husband died when she was twenty six.

Me and Keith owe Alma everything. She helped us pick up the pieces when mom had walked out on us and never left our sides. I don't think me and Keith would be this okay if it weren't for Alma.

She kept us in place and gave us love my mother lacked on giving.

To me Alma was my mom.

After I finished eating, Alma told me Keith would be heading back to his dorm to start classes again. Knowing Keith wouldn't be home when I come back from school, I had to tell him goodbye. I walked over to Keith's room, which was two doors on my left.

I knocked on the door and braced myself for the horrible smell of boy-funk and just a horrible sight. Like every other guy, he was messy. After knocking for a couple of minutes, he came out shirtless and looking half asleep.

When he widened the door, I peered over his shoulder to find his room looking a lot more clean. Still not very clean, but a lot cleaner. You could actually see the floor.

"I don't think I've told you this before but you're seriously an idiot," I told him and he scratched his ass and shot me a confused look.

"You tell me that all the time," He said, yawning loudly and looking at me in boredom.

"Yeah, but you really are stupid. Why would you live in a dorm when your college isn't even that far away?" I questioned, crossing my arms over my chest.

He smirked sleepily. "I stay at a dorm instead of here, because I can bring girls over to my room and screw. Alma totally wouldn't let me bring a girl to do the nasty here," He replied in a duh tone and I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever," I told him.

Keith yawned again. "Did you wake me up for that?"

"No, you bum. I came to say bye. I'll miss you, even though you're such a pain in my ass and with you gone Sam wouldn't be here to annoy me either. Be safe and I'll see you soon," I told him and he smiled and opened his arms wide.

I stepped in to his opened arms and hugged my big brother. He hugged me back. "I'll miss you too, Hale," He said softly.

"Get to school before you make me cry," He said while he pulled away from me.

I give him one last smile and turn to leave. I stop dead in my tracks and turn back to look at him. He arches an eyebrow at me in questioning.

"Please wrap it up," I tell him flatly and he laughs loudly.

"Oh dear, Haley. My dearest little sister Haley. I am always safe. I'm not that stupid," He replies, still chuckling.

I rolled my eyes and waved and walked back downstairs. "Alma, I'm heading out. See you later," I called out and I heard her say a goodbye in Spanish and I grab my backpack and my car keys.

"See ya later, dork!" I heard Keith yell from upstairs.

"Eat dirty socks, moron!" I shout back and Alma shakes her head at me.

I laughed and walked out to my car. After I got in and turned the engine on, I drove to school with a Sam Smith song playing on the radio.

***

After Lunch me and Ryanne had history but our teacher wasn't here, so we had the hour free. I decided then to ask her about Dean.

"So," I started to stay, right after we plopped down on one of those wooden benches outside of school. "Are you interested in anyone, Anne?" I asked her, trying to sound as casual as possible.

She pulled up her head from her phone slowly and shrugged. "Where did that come from?" She asked and I shrugged.

"But answer the question. Do you like someone?" I asked her again.

She smiled a little. "Maybe," She answered lamely.

An excited grin spread across my face. "Who is it!" I said excitedly and Ryanne laughed.

She shrugged casually. "Oh, you don't know him," She said, going back to scrolling on her phone.

"What if I guess the guy?" I suggested and Ryanne looks up from her phone back at me.

"Like you say a bunch of names and I say if it's him or not?" She asked and I nodded.

"Okay, fair enough. Go ahead," Ryanne said, finally putting her phone down.

After naming a bunch of guys in our grade and Ryanne replying a short "nope" to each one, I finally made it to the name I was desperate to ask.

"What about...Dean?" I asked slowly, hoping she would nod.

She just stared at her phone, looking deep in thought. She looked up and shook her head. Who else was left in our grade anyways?

So Ryanne didn't like Dean. That didn't mean she couldn't get to like him. Ryanne isn't picky when it comes to guys and I'm sure with a little help from me, Dean can be a great guy for Ryanne. She did deserve a nice guy after everything she's been through before.

Her big sister, Rachel, died when Ryanne was twelve. She was devastated and it took months before she could finally talk to anyone. She wasn't herself and seeing my best friend like that was absolutely horrible. I desperately tried to cheer her up but I never could. Tristan did.

He was her first crush and she was his. Ryanne was fourteen when they started dating. But fourteen year olds weren't very mature. He was often playing video games and acting immature and after a few months of dating, Tristan started losing interest in her.

They still managed to date for another year and a week before Ryanne's sixteen birthday, she found him with another girl.

You could guess how she reacted. She said she was never ever gonna date again and that guys sucked. After Tristan she lived by 'food before dudes' and I just always wanted her to find that one guy that could make her believe that love isn't dead and that guys aren't all that bad.

Maybe Dean could be that guy.

"Maybe I really don't know the guy you like," I said, after I ran out of names of guys that went to our school.

She laughed. "It was a joke Haley. I don't like anyone. Food before dudes, remember?" She stated and I smiled at her.

"Guys aren't that bad. You don't have to let one guy ruin it for all the others. You're a great girl and you deserve a great guy. You have to learn to trust again," I told her and she nodded.

"Yes, I know. Tell me when you find the right guy," She said to me and just then the bell rang.

She got up and picked up her backpack. "Two more classes and I can go home!" She cheered and I chuckled.

"I'll find you someone," I told her and she smiled, shook her head and gave me a small wave.

"Can I come over after school?" Ryanne asked and I nodded.

"I think Alma is making fajitas," I stated and her eyes widened in excitement.

"Sweet!" She cheered and I smiled and waved at her. She skipped to class, almost bumping in to a jock.

I grabbed my phone and typed a quick text to Parker.

I would like to meet this Dean guy myself. I want to see if he's really that nice guy you say he is. Ryanne deserves the best.

After less than a minute I got a reply from him.

Trust me, the guy is the nicest dude I know. If you want to see for yourself then sure. Just tell me when you can. And I admire how protective you are of her. :)

I smiled.

She's my best friend.

I texted and I slipped my phone back in to my back pocket and walked to my next class.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

This chapter has been rewritten.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3 0 1
Scarlette's life is far from perfect; having had a miserable past, she chooses to come over to New York to start all over again. she feels it's time...
459K 13.3K 33
Y/n was just a normal teenage girl. She's is quiet but very intelligent . She didn't have many friends but barely got picked on at school . One day s...
89.3K 3.3K 33
**Sequel to Coach's Daughter** It is highly recommended that you read that first. __ *Coming May of 2019* Blurb- •There's a reason BF stands for boyf...
298 5 33
Bella, a 15 year old girl lost her mother and has been mistreated by her dad. She wants a new start in a new city and wants to take her sister with h...