Perceptions

By your_dreamergirl

In which two broken hearts meet and become one. "Why do you keep hiding from me, Love?" He asked lustfully a... More

Prologue
Introductions
Chapter 1 {Silent Screams}
Chapter 2 {Regrets At Night}
Chapter 3 {Guns And Vengeance}
Chapter 4 {Pain Of Betrayal}
Chapter 5 {Broken Promises}
Chapter 6 {Flower Of Pain}
Chapter 7 {Escaping Hell}
Chapter 8 {New Routes Of Darkness}
Chapter 9 {Sensations And Nightmares}
Chapter 11 {Letting Go Is Hard When You Are Tied Up}
Chapter 12 {Is It the End?}
Chapter 13 {Fate Plays Dangerous Games}
Chapter 14 {New Encounters}
Chapter 15 {Thriving Feelings}
Chapter 16 {The Internal Enemy}
Chapter 17 {Your Eyes Tell}

Chapter 10 {Pit Of Neverending Sadness}

1.9K 55 6
By your_dreamergirl

A/N: Shoutout to sahstories for supporting me all the way and even suggesting shipnames for Layla and Luciano, love you so much girl!

Luciano's POV

Dante and Luciano exited the building, a creepy smile played on Dante's lips, which made Luciano's eyebrows draw together in confusion. "Why the hell are you looking at me like a serial killer?" Luciano asked, fake-disgust laced in his voice, making Dante chuckle in response.

"I see that you've taken quite a liking on Layla." Dante smirked, wiggling his eyebrows as they walked towards their car, the driver opening a car door for them as he saw them. A smile played on Luciano's lips at the thought of her, "There is such a beautiful darkness inside her —so strong and painful—but yet she is stronger than ever. She tried to make her eyes look blank, but only I could see through that blank facade."

"Someone's on the poetic side today, and someone's already falling in love." Dante smirked playfully, earning a punch to his shoulder from Luciano. "Are you a kid or a mafia boss?" Luciano stated rather than asked, making Dante roll his eyes in annoyance. "Just shut the hell up."

"But you know, sometimes it is really hard to pick up the broken pieces for someone when the person is not letting you in. You have to fight the darkness if you really want to, because her maturity and the way she acts screams that she has been through hell and back." Dante's words made Luciano think deeply, why was he even feeling like this? How could this woman be so innocent and yet so devilish at the same time?

"She reminds me of momma, her strong attitude, even though she is breaking inside. The way she's stone cold but yet so warm as the sun, there is just something about her that pulls me in." Luciano told him seriously as he reminisced his teenage years in Italy, the small smile fading on his lips completely as he remembered his darkest days.

•••••••

Flashback:

Luciano came home with a smile on his face, proud of himself for doing good in school today, the fifteen-year old boy always dreamed about becoming an artist and sell his paintings all over the world, at least that was what he was told by everyone at school — including his teachers and even the principal.

"Hey my little munchkin, how was school?" His mom greeted him from the kitchen, already cooking for her family. He came towards her, hugging her from behind as he kissed her cheek, he may seem like a little child, but he loved his mother more than anything. She seemed like a true fighter in his eyes and he admired her deeply, "One day closer to fulfilling my dreams." He told her, making her chuckle as she turned around, hugging his already big frame, he was already much taller and muscular in such a young age because of the trainings he had to do in order to satisfy his father's expectations.

"I am so proud of you, mio figlio. (my son)" She stated with a beautiful smile on her lips, making Luciano smile wholeheartedly. There was only one person to make him smile truly like this, and it was his mother.

Just as she was about to tell her son how her day was, the door flew open and his father barged in with two of his men trailing behind her like lost puppies. Luciano couldn't help but roll his eyes as he saw them, a sickeningly smile was playing on his father's lips, which made Luciano's blood boil from anger. "Care to explain why you went to school instead of the ware house?" His father asked coldly but a sound of mockery clearly hearable in his voice, making Luciano cringe for him.

"'Cause I didn't want to, papà. (father)" Luciano replied matter-of-factly, shrugging his shoulder as his father's nose flared in anger, he hated when Luciano disrespected him and didn't do as he said like his puppet. However, Luciano was born to be independent, so he was having none of his father's shit anymore. His father's emotionless chuckle filled up the room, a sadistic look on his face as he made a plan of revenge inside his head, making him look like a wicked criminal-which he actually is.

"I think I need to teach you a lesson my son. Tie him up." Alberto, Luciano's father, ordered, which his men followed immediately, grabbing Luciano's biceps in a very fast motion, taking him off-guard. "What the fuck!" He yelled as he tried to fight back, but unfortunately, he was not successful at it, which made Alberto laugh. "If you followed my orders, you wouldn't be so weak right now, you disgrace. Well, now to your punishment, which will be very fun for me though," He smiled wickedly, making Luciano's stomach turn in disgust, "You motherf*cker! How the f*ck can you do this to your own son?" He snarled angrily, trying to wiggle out of the ropes with no success.

"Come here." Alberto motioned to his wife to come, which she did immediately, too scared to anger her husband at all, her hands and legs started shaking as she stood next to him very closely. His men turned around, facing away from the twisted family.  "Let's have some fun, love, shall we?" He whispered into her ear, but loud enough for Luciano to hear, "Why aren't you fighting back, mamma? (Mother)" Luciano screamed as Alberto started to kiss her neck, slowly undressing her as she cried her eyes out, letting out quiet whimpers, which only caused her to receive painful slaps from her husband in order to shut her up.

Luciano started crying and screaming as he watched his mother being raped by his father, his chair falling to the ground with a loud thud as he continued crying, closing his eyes as he cried out. His mind carved every single detail inside, letting him remember everything for the rest of his torturous life.

•••••••••

Present:

Dante's loud voice snapped him out of his trance, blinking a few times as the more bitter reality welcomed him back once again. "Are you okay, bro?" Dante asked with concern, Luciano fake-smiled reassuringly—something he could do perfectly on a daily basis— "I'm fine bro, everything's fine."

He lied, like he always did.

Dante studied Luciano's eyes once more, sighing, he pinched the bridge of his nose in thought for a moment. "Well, we have to go to this meeting with the Germans. It is really important, the shipping must be perfect, because they're the most important customers." Luciano said, changing the topic as Dante nodded and both of the men walked into the meeting room, ready to handle some business.

••••••••

Layla's POV

"Your baby is doing just fine Ms Aslan, however, I'd suggest you to stay out of dramatic situations for your own and your baby's health." The doctor said to Layla, who was almost too busy with her own thoughts, but she nodded, pushing away her thoughts once again.

"Can I find out if it's a boy or a girl?" She asked, her voice barely hearable, the doctor smiled, a look of pity on his eyes, which Layla had grown to despise the most, she hated when someone tried to pity her. "Well, let's take a look," He looked at the monitor, "It is going to be a beautiful baby girl." The doctor's smile grew as he saw Layla smiling, which she did rarely, tears escaped her eyes, mixed with happiness, worry, sadness, and a little bit anger.

Layla removed everything on her stomach as the doctor told her that they were finished, "Ms Aslan, where is the father of the baby?"

Layla stood still for a moment, blinking a few times as she looked at him, stunned at his question, "Did something happen? I always get this reaction from women who are carrying rape babies, is this your case as well? You can talk to me, Ms Aslan. We could get help—"

"Do you always stick your nose in other people's business?" She asked angrily, snatching her purse as she re-adjusted her clothes, "I can only suggest you this, don't ever stick your nose in things you don't know shit about. Have a good day." She said, leaving him dumbfounded as she almost slammed the door behind her, storming out of the hospital as she held back the urge to cry, feeling like dying would make all of this easier.

Just as she reached the outdoors, the rain started to pour down uncontrollably, matching her feelings. The rain mixed with her tears as she cried, looking at the busy street, she felt helpless. She just wanted a helping hand, a support system, but yet she was eager to push everyone away who were trying to break through the wall she had built around her heart and trust.

Suddenly, she saw Luciano coming towards her, she wiped her tears away immediately and plastered a fake-smile on, pretending that she was waiting for Alejandro to pick her up, but he did not even know she was here. "Hey, tesoro. (Treasure) What are you doing her all alone?" He asked, a flirtatious smirk playing on his lips, which made her cold heart flutter.

"I...I was just visiting a friend of mine." She lied, any person would've bought it, but Luciano did not, because he has been in tons of situations like that. "You aren't really good at lying." He replied, "And I can't stand liars, tesoro."

She started sweating as she met his gaze, "Um, it's better if I go now, bye Mr Romano. Have a good day." She said, almost running away from him, she walked away fast, leaving no time for him to stop her. He watched her leave as he sighed in a breath, "So fragile, but yet so strong." He muttered under his breath as his thoughts caged him once again.

Layla started to run, the rain becoming heavier as seconds passed, mixing with her never-ending tears. She felt like she was being pulled into the deep-end fully as this one thought haunted her mind,

I just want to die, everything would be better if I was dead.

••••••••

I am so eager to hear your thoughts on this one.
Luciano finally has more appearances yaaaay!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160K 4.4K 67
[ šŠšˆšš†š’ šŽš… š’šˆšš’ š“š‘šˆš‹šŽš†š˜ #šŸ ] Luciano Mariano stayed quiet and poised, with corrupting intentions for anyone who crossed his path...
21.9K 1.3K 66
[Book 2] You can't escape the mafia. Stella's world has fallen apart more than once. Even so, she tries to hold on to the shattered pieces of her hu...
3.4M 77.2K 33
"No one speaks to me the way you have been lately" He warned, his eyes trained on mine. "What are you going to do, kill me?" I answered back, my gaze...
1K 37 29
Promises, Promises, Promises, that is all it took for Estefania to embrace her dark side. promised to be loved forever only to be betrayed in the hea...