Living without games

By kennedi4556

This is a story after the hunger games: Mockingjay! It's about how katniss and peeta live their lives without... More

Back in district 12
Back in district 12
Back in district 12
Finally seeing the boy with the bread
Helping peeta
Happy in love
Dinner
Dinner
Falling apart
Without her
Without him
Finally seeing him again
Talking to gale
Explainig
Explaining
With you
With you
Everyones engaged
Planning and having fun
Dress shopping
Wedding
After the coma
New wedding
A whole new life!
A whole new life
A whole new life
Title your Story Part
Now a family
Learning to be parents
Authors note
Adding one more
Authors note
The pregnancy
The pregnancy
Captiol ways
The interview
The boy
Authors note
Does it ever end
Does it ever end
The reaping
Fighting once again
Escaping it all
Home again
Authors note

Bad news

237 6 0
By kennedi4556

Katniss POV

I wake up hearing Ryan cry. I groan and turn over to find an empty space where peeta should be. Then I remember he has work today. I run to Ryan's room and soon calm him down when the phone rings. I run to the phone as best as I can with Ryan still in my arms and answer the phone. "hello?" "katniss?" "this is she." I say. "oh hey this is James I work with peeta at the bakery." "oh ok." "I am so sorry to say that there was a fire today at the bakery and peeta is severally injured." i feel my eyes start to tear up. "where is he?" I say very weak. "in the hospital. I am so sorry Mrs.Mellark." after he says that I run to haymitch's house and drop off Ryan and decide to take Lily with me. As soon as I get to the room peeta is in I see him hooked up to all of these cords. I soon begin to cry. They soon let Lily and I in the room with peeta. "oh baby." I say as I run to his side and start sobbing. "Mommy what's wrong with daddy?" Lily asks. "well sweetie he was in a fire accident at the bakery and got really hurt." I say trying to stay strong but I can't. Lily almost instantly starts crying. I try to calm her down and comfort her but I can't because I need comforting too. "peeta, honey please stay with me please don't leave me I need you and I love you more than anything. Please stay with me?" I say crying. then the doctor walks in and says "I'm sorry Mrs.Mellark but peeta has fallen into a deep coma and we don't know if he will ever wake up. He might but it's a very small chance." "Mommy will daddy wake up?" Lily asks. "I starting crying even harder and say "I don't know sweetie, i don't know." I say. Haymitch soon comes to the hospital and takes Lily but I don't leave and i won't until peeta wakes up. I refuse to leave his side. When haymitch and Lily leave I just sit there staring at my husband. I reach over and brush his hair out of his face. And kiss his forehead. "Please stay with me peeta I need you." I say sobbing. Then I hear a familiar voice say "always!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.5K 572 79
This story is based on the characters, Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark. They both are from the hunger games trilogy, which is a beautifully writte...
432K 9.8K 58
5 years after the rebellion, Katniss and Peeta are together and living in district 12. They are both happy although Peeta still has flashbacks and Ka...
123K 2.8K 29
Katniss and Peeta's journey after the rebellion ended. How do Katniss and Peeta get through every day knowing everything that has happened and how ma...
2.9K 54 13
A well thought out story on the life of katniss and Peeta after the rebellion. All rights to Suzanne Collins