Sinking Lives (A Titanic nove...

By KennedyBarth

Lillian Miller has a pretty normal life, even though she doesn’t have a lot of money. She has a family that l... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6

Chapter 3

268 1 0
By KennedyBarth

Lillian

I lay in my lumpy old bed reading my new book The Wreck Of The Titan by Morgan Robertson. I was perfectly happy... until my mother walks in, suddenly everything came back to me.

"What are you reading?" She asks sitting next to me.

"The Wreck Of The Titan." I say my eyes glued to the page.

I can see her head moving up and down slowly. "Whats it about?" She questions, sounding like a curious four year old.

"Its about a unsinkable sink, on her maiden voyage carrying two thousand people. They want to break the record for fastest travel across the ocean.. thats how far I have gotten to." I say not looking up from the book.

"That reminds me." I curiously look up to she her slightly smiling pulling something out of her apron pocket pulling out three small pieces of paper to me. "Happy birthday." I lay my book on my lap and slowly take the peices of paper out of her warm hands. There is a bunch of writing on them, I start to read the one on top.

White Star Line Ticket # 1976

Passenger Ticket per Steamship: R.M.S Titanic

Sailing From: Southampton Date April 10th

Passenger Name: Lillian Miller

Age: 16 From: Southampton, England

Accompanied By: Mr. Richard Miller and Mrs. Samantha Miller.

Class: 3rd Cabin #: 218

Traveling to: New York, New York

I flip through the other tickets, my mouth wide open. I stare at my mother in shock.

"Your father and I got them before he..." I nodded my head not wanting to be reminded. She took a moment to get herself together. "We were just going to take a little vacation, but now... its different." I stay silent and just nodded.

"What about the extra ticket?" I say very confused.

She shurgs. "I'm not sure, maybe we will find someone there that will take it."

I slowly nod my head, deep in thought. Suddenly I hear a knock on the door.

"I'll get it." I quickly sit up and walk towards the bedroom door, the curtain getting stuck on the way out. I run to the front door, and throw it open, revealing the person I needed to see. Brett's shaggy dirty blonde hair lights up his hazel brown eyes. I throw my arms around his neck. He puts his arms around my waist and hugs me back.

"Happy birthday." He says, as I pull away from him. He is smiling brightly showing all his snow white teeth. My mouth remains as straight as a ruler. He reads my expression and his smile soon fades.

"Whats wrong?" I can feel my lip trembling as he says those two words. Fresh tears spring into my eyes once again. He pulls me towards him and without thinking I start sobbing into his shoulder.

"He's gone." I cry into his white shirt. I can feel his face leave my shoulder to look up, at my mother standing behind us. I pull away from Brett and look towards her. She is nodding sadly, a single tear running down her face.

After we calmed down a bit we told Brett what happend. I looked down at my feet for most of it.

"I'm so sorry." He says after we were done telling him. I look up at him with sad eyes, and actually looked at him for a while. I gasped as I see dark purple bruises all along his arms.

"What are you gasping at?" He asks crossing his arms trying to hide them. I walk over to him and grab one of his damaged arms.

"What are these?" I slowly run my hands lightly over one, he winced.

"Brusies."

"From what!" I yell at him. He stays silent. "Brett, tell me please."

He sighed and his lips parted for a spilt second but then snapped back shut.

"Tell me... please." I can feel my lip trembling.

"No, no Lilli please don't cry."

"Well, then I need you to tell me!"

"Fine, fine..." He bit his lip before he spoke. "It's my dad..."

"Again?"

Bretts parents got a divorce about a month ago... its very rare so his mom was frowned upon, so she moved to Newfoundland, Canada... some place where no one knows she is divorced. So, Brett was left with his father. After the divorce Bretts father quiet his job and started drinking. He is drunk almost every night when he comes home from the bar, usually a girl is with him. He sends her off to him room and then tell Brett not to bother them. The next morning his father will make up a stupid excuse that Brett did something from, and he beats him until he can get away.

Brett slowly nods.

"I don't want to leave you." I say more tears coming into my eyes.

"What do you mean?" I bite my lips to keep myself from sobbing.

"We are moving to New York." My mom speaks up from the couch. Brett just stares at her not believing what he just heard. She shakes his head in disbeilf.

"You can't. You are the only people who I feel love me. This is my home!" He yells in a sad angry tone. The tears are now falling off my face and landing on the old carpet.

"I'm sorry..." I whispered.

"Why did my mom have to leave me here with him?" He walks over to the couch and plants himself down into it. Suddenly I remeber the tickets. Then a idea pops into my head. I quickly run back into my room.

"What are you doing Lilli?" I hear my moms voice coming from the living room. I dont answer her. I quickly grab the tickets from my bed and run back into the room.

"What are those?" Brett asks. I look towards my mom. She smiles and nods her head. I look through the peices of paper until I see the one I was looking for, my fathers.

"Here." I hand him the peice of paper. His eyes skim from the words and his mouth slowly drops to the floor.

"I can't take this." He says his eyes still glued to the ticket.

"Yes you can, we have no use for it now." My mother says. He finally looks up at me and smiles.

"Thank you." I nod at him.

"Your welcome."

"Well Brett you better get writing a letter to your mother telling her you are coming." Brett is still smiling and he stands up and walks towards the door. Then suddenly he stops dead in his track and looks towards me and my mother.

"I don't want to go back there." He says his lips barley moving.

"Write it here then." My mothers tell him, getting a peice of paper and a pen.

After helping Brett write a long letter for a hour. We are ready to send it. I grab a envelope and put the letter into it and lick the seals and snap it shut. He quickly wirtes down the address and we walk out of the front door out onto the street. As we walk past Brett house he stoppes.

"Come on." I motion him to keep walking.

"I forgot your birthday present in there." He points to his house.

"It's fine." I say really not wanting to go in. "You didn't have to get me anything."

"Well, to bad." He says now walking across the street not heistating, unlike me. After a while of standing alone on the street I quickly step onto the empty street. He slowly opens the door and peeks his head in. Suddenly a aroma of smoke hit me like a wall. Brett didn't seem to mind. He is use to it. He walks in quickly and heads straight for his bedroom. I walk closely behind him.

His house was dark and small. His house did have two bedrooms but they were both every small. On the floor there were hundreds of cigar butts, and alot of glass on the floor. I carefully step around them. No wonder he never wanted me to come into his house after the divorce. This place has changed so much. It use to be clean and nice looking. I use to be so jealous of his house... but now, not so much. Walking into Bretts room was like walking outside. It smelt normal and it was very clean. There was nothing on the floor just clean white carpet. I sat on a small single bed with a pale green bedspread. His walls were a egg shell white and his small dresser was oak wood. I look around and see something sticking out of his dresser. I get up and walk towards it and open the drawer. In it was a full loaf of bread and another half eaten one, jam, muffins, and cookies.

"Your father doesn't feed you does he." I ask, feeling very fortunate.

"Nope." Tears came into my eyes but I blinked them away.

"You know you could have always stayed at our house when ever you wanted." I stare at him, he is searching through another drawer.

"I knew that, I just didn't want to intrude." He says pulling out a small wrapped light pink package. He hands it to me.

"Thanks." I look up at him. He looks happy... how can he be happy in a place like this.

"Aren't you going to open it." He askes excitedly.

I nod and slowly unwrap the the pink paper. Underneath there was a light brown box. I take off the lid, and inside is a braclet. The band is a thin, black, elastic. The charm was a silver oval with 'Lillian' engraved on it. My mouth opened in amazment... it was beautiful.

"I made it myself." I look at him in amazment.

"You did!"

"Yeah." He smiles looking proud of himself.

"Wow, its amazing, I love it." I hug him.

"Well, lets get out of here, before my dad gets home." I agree and quickly get up form the bed and quickly walk out of the room, slipping my braclet on. Suddenly I hit something hard. I gasp as I look up to see Bretts father starring down at me. He smelled strongly of tabboco and wiskey.

"Well, well, well Brett what do we have here?" His deep voice boomed. I quickly back up.

"This is Lillian, do you remember her?" Brett says not sounding the least bit frightened.

"Of course I do I'm not stupid!" He yells. He was a thin black mustache and thin black hair. His eyes are a dark, dark brown. I look away from his eyes to see a petite women behind him, smoking a cigarette.

"Oh, Adam don't yell, lets just go to the bedroom." Her high pitched voice echoed through the house. She winks at him, grabs his tie and pulls him towards the bedroom.

"Wait one second..." He removed her hands roughly and pushed her away.

I can feel Brett back up. I look at him backing up against the wall. Adam pushes me out of the way hard. I hit my head against the wall. I grab my head quickly and fall to the ground. I open my eyes only to see Adams fist in the air right above Brett. Then it comes down on him, hard and fast right by his eye. I hear Brett moan and fall to the ground.

"Thats what you get for calling me stupid." He says and walks away with the slut who is giggling like crazy.

"Bye." She laughs. I look towrads Brett who lays motionless on the ground. I couldn't keep my eyes open. Then they shut and everything went dark.

I can feel my vision coming back to me. I fully open my eyes and I notice I'm still in the same hallway. I can hear noises coming from the bedroom, that I really don't want to discribe. I clench my teeth as there is a sudden pain in the back of my head. It soon stops and I took over to where Brett fell. I can see him slightly moving.

"Brett?" I whisper.

"Hmmm?" I hear him groan. I quickly get up ignoring on my hands and knees ignoring the pain and I crawl over to him.

"Can we please get out of here?" My voice cracks. He rolls over and I gasp. His right eye is black and blue. I put my hand over my mouth.

"Ok, lets get out of here." He moans as he tries to stand up.

"Your eye." I mutter. He lifts his hand to his face and touches his eyes.

"Its ok, its happens all the time."

"Its not ok!" I yell.

"Shhh. We don't want them to come out." He whispers.

He stands up and lends me a hand. He pulls me up and we quickly walk out of the smoke filled house. We go down the sidewalk in silence. We stop at the mailbox and put the letter in. There is only 10 more days until we leave for the Titanic.

*****************************

SOrry it took so long to update

The Wreck of a Titan is a real book... kinda creepy lol its about of course the Titan and the Crew wants to make a record for traveling across the ocean it has 2000 people annd not enough lifeboats it hits a iceberg and 1500 people die... it was writen before the Titanic was even thought about... so its kinda creepy lol

Soo... plzzz plz plz vote comment and if u want to become my fan :) Read my other stories i ahev a new one coming out soon I Still Love You <3 also read 123honey456's books they r awesome!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41 1 15
They said the titanic was unsinkable. The safest ship ever to cross the Atlantic ocean. Little did they know that journey would lead numerous passeng...
26.2K 529 38
*SECOND BOOK TO 'TITANIC BREAKING FREE MAKING IT COUNT* 2/3 This is sequel to Book 1: (Titanic Fanfiction) Breaking Free Making It Count. So if you...
75.1K 2.1K 28
Bella was a picture. But she lived a normal life like normal people went to regular schools did regular things like dances and sports. In fact Bella...
148K 4.8K 29
Meet Liam. He's the Prince of Zufairia, girl-charmer, and party-goer. Then meet Raine. She misses her twin dead sister, cuts herself, and little-miss...