Chapter 4

Charlotte

I shut my big leather suitcase filled with many of my dresses, perfume, my brush, and lot of other things. I drag it off my bed and onto the floor. I'm wearing a light blue dress with purple lining and designs. I lift my heavy suitecase and put it beside my bedroom door, I grab my hat and put it on my head. I look into my mirror for the last time, my brown hair is down and my hat is covering my right eye. It has a purple ribbon around it. I smile at myself. It's 6:00 in the morning on April 10th we have to go to Southampton to broad onto some ship.

"Need help with your bag Miss Charlotte?" I turn around to see Molly standing in the doorway. I stare at her for a second feeling bad for her just like how I felt for all the people in my fathers coal mines.

"No thanks Molly... I can do it myself." I smile at her. She nods and leaves turns to go to my parents room.

After my father went to the coal mine about a week ago we found out that 6 people were killed under impact, 4 died because of stravation and dehydration, and 9 bodies were never found... 19 people died in the coal mine. All because of my stupid father. We haven't talked since that day. I take one more look at myself and then I walk to the door. I pick up my suticase. I stop to let Molly go past with two big suitecases.

"Let me help you Molly." I drop my bag and take one from her.

"No, it's fine Miss. Charlotte." She tries to take it back.

"No." I quickly walk ahead of her. I walk down the stairs and put it by the front door.

"Thank you Miss Charlotte." She follows behind me and puts the bag beside mine.

"Your welcome." She smiles and goes to her small room that she shares with aunt Cerises servants. I grab my suitcase and go back down stairs. My mother is sitting in the living room looking at something in her hands.

"What are you looking at?" I go and and sit next to her oon the couch. She is starring at four peices of papers.

"These are our tickets." I nod. I love traveling by ship. We are pretty familar with traveling in water, when we go check up on my fathers mines in Germany, Spain, and Italy.

"What ship are we going on today." A smile appearing on my mothers face.

"You will like it."

"Tell me!" I demand, laughing.

Is bites her lip. "The Titanic."

My mouth falls to the ground in shock. I have heard about it and I fell in love with it. It's the most luxurious ship afloat. I never thought I would go on it!

" Oh my gosh!" I squeel. "Really?" She nods with a big smile glued on her face.

"I can't wait." I wrapped my arms around her. "Thank you!"

Suddenly aunt Cerise comes down the stairs in a long black dress with long sleeves, and a matching hat. She looks like she is going to a funeral.

"Well lets get going now." She decided.

I hop into the silver 1912 Vauxhall Randoulet Overland Coach and we being our long drive to Southampton. I sit in the leather seat with Molly, my mother and aunt Cerise are across from me, my father is driving in the front. It is now 6:30, We have five and a half hours to get to Southampton. I stare out of the window watching London disappear. In about a hour we are surrounded by flat land. A river is following us on my side. I watched out the window for what seemed like forever. Suddenly the city of Southampton came into veiw. We past by many small houses, and shops. I was in Southampton two months ago, but its not as big, and exciting as London. Then the ocean came into veiw. We pull up into the docking station. I gasp as I see a huge ship docked in the water. The bottom half of it is dark blue and above it is white, the red pipes coming out of the top. It was about three football fields long.