Suit Of Armor

By AmeliaVentura

"You've got your own suit of armor kid, and it's not the good kind," "I get it from you," Spencer Anna Stark... More

Cast
Prologue
Chapter 1: My Father?
Chapter 2: The God Of Thunder
Chapter 3: You Don't Know Me
Chapter 4: Nightmares
Chapter 5: Ashamed of Everything
Chapter 6: See You Soon
Chapter 7: Good Vs. Bad
Chapter 8: Hacker
Chapter 10: Be Okay
Sequel and Important Info!

Chapter 9: Adult sized tantrum

6.4K 132 55
By AmeliaVentura

Please please don't skip this note- This is really a kind of summary of Civil War more than anything, I felt this needed to be added to do the next part that I'm planning, we'll also get to Thor and that mystery soon so get excited! Also, and this is important, please understand that I'm not Team Cap bashing at all. I am 100% team Tony and obviously so is his daughter, though, so there is some defending his side and such and she does make some comments that give off the air of bashing, but in her defense, it's her father these people are messing with. Don't worry though, all will be fixed with everyone soon. Thanks for reading! Please enjoy!!! (p.s. enjoy the video of Tony Stark as Alexander Hamilton because, omg, it's amazing)

Spencer hated this. As she sat on the long black couch she debated calling her father and telling him nevermind. She would even let him pump her full of meds if it meant she no longer had to do this. She hated talking about her feelings. She supposed that was something she got from her father, but either way, it sucked. She stared at the man sitting in front of her boredly as he sighed and leaned back.

"Spencer, I don't think you're taking this seriously," he said. She rolled her eyes.

"I am. I just don't see the point in this," she replied, pulling her legs up onto the couch with her.

"The point is to not only talk about things you're bottling up but to learn some tools and methods to use when you're feeling low," he said.

"Let me ask you something," she said "do you really think you can help me if you don't even understand what I've been through?" she asked roughly.

"Yes. Not only have I been highly trained but I've worked with kids that have gone through many of the things you have before as well," he answered. She huffed, that seemed to be unprofessional of him, and ran a hand through her hair and grabbed her rucksack that had been sitting next to her.

"No one can be trained to understand something like this. I think we're done for today." she stormed out of the office, ignoring the doctor as he called her name, and passed her dad on the way out of the waiting room. Tony frowned but stood quickly and followed her out.

"Spencer, what happened?" he asked, keeping up with her quick pace.

"Nothing. Absolutely nothing. I don't want to spill my guts to someone who doesn't understand, he can't, he doesn't know." she complained. They reached the car and she quickly climbed in. Tony sighed but followed her lead and got into the driver's seat. He turned to her and she looked at him expectantly.

"Are you even trying? From what I've heard and the recommendations, Dr. Jones is one of the best," he said.

"I don't care. I'm not going back," she insisted. Tony ran a hand down his face.

"Do you have another suggestion? I'm willing to do someone different as long as you're willing to try," he said. She thought about it for a moment before sighing and nodding.

"Find me someone who can relate to me. Find me someone who's been through it."

~~~

The compound was buzzing with activity as Spencer walked in. The place was always crawling with people, but she didn't mind, the private floors were still quiet and homely so she stayed in her room when she needed to be alone, and went to the public floors and watched everyone when she needed to be around people and the rest of the Avengers were gone. Today she sat in the Avengers common room, decomposing from the earlier appointment, book in hand, when Wanda rushed in.

"Hey, just came to tell you bye," she said, her thick accent filling the once quiet room. Spencer raised an eyebrow.

"Where are you going?" she asked.

"Nigeria, there's a lead on Rumlow. It'll be Cap, Natasha, Sam, and I." she said. After the whole Ultron situation and Spencer realized the twins didn't really know what they were doing she took the time to get to know them. The three of them became pretty close and she even introduced them to her other three friends.

"Oh, you leaving Pietro here? I'm sure he's excited." Spencer said.

"He'll get over it- I'm sure the two of you will find some trouble to get into while I'm gone."

"Of course we will, he has super speed and I'm a Stark. You're gonna miss out on all the fun."

"Well, save some trouble for me, yeah?" Wanda asked with a grin.

"We'll see," Spencer smirked.

~~~

That was probably the last time Spencer had seen the Avengers when they had all been happy with each other. Then everything went to hell. Wanda accidentally blew up a building. The Avengers were arguing about something called the accords. And now Steve's best friend from childhood turned out to be alive and an assassin who killed the freaking king of Wakanda. Just fantastic.

"Wanda?" the woman in question turned to see Spencer, "how are you doing?" the teen asked.

"Would be better if your father wasn't keeping me locked up," she said, irritated. Spencer nodded.

"If it helps, he's working on finding a way to fix everything so you can roam around in peace. Right now things are just... crazy," she replied. Wanda just rolled her eyes.

"Stark just likes control," she said. Spencer scoffed.

"You think this is about control? Wanda, he's trying to help you," she said softly.

"This isn't helping me!" the young adult shouted.

"What would you prefer? Even if he did let you leave, you wouldn't be able to go anywhere without being harassed and right now you're even in trouble with the law, which isn't fair, but that's why Dad is trying to fix things." Spencer scoffed.

"Ladies, please, no point in fighting." Pietro walked in.

"We're not fighting, we're talking," Spencer said. He shook his head.

"Either way, the crew is back from Romania after that whole mess, Stark is working on cleanup. He seems the only one trying to do anything, go easy on him, Wanda," he said. Spencer gave him a small smile while Wanda just shot her an apologetic smile.

"I know he's trying just... tell him to hurry up," she said. Spencer nodded.

"Will do... I'm going to go see if they need any help. I'll come by later." she said. The twins nodded and they waved. Now, time to face the insanity.

~~~

She looked around for her dad and found him in an office with glass walls, sitting with his head in his hands. She frowned and walked over. He looked up upon her entrance and tried to look less distraught, but he failed.

"What happened?" she asked.

"Oh, you know, just making everyone hate me, the usual," he smirked. She smiled sadly.

"Okay, first, Steve is not everyone. Second, he doesn't hate you, he's just being dumb."

"I never said it was Steve."

"It's always Steve, he's very good at being an asshole and not even realizing he's doing it... So what did he say?" she asked, sitting down at the table.

"He's mad about Wanda," he said.

"Oh is that it? Let me guess, he blew that way out of proportion? If he cares so much about Wanda, then he can work his ass off to get Wanda reinstated while also keeping Ross and the other 117 countries who want the accords happy while also trying to protect his friends and keep everyone from being thrown in jail. Right now he's just throwing a tantrum, he'll get over it." she said. Tony raised an eyebrow.

"You pay too much attention."

"I am a Stark after all."

~~~

"If my best friend dies in Germany, I'm going to kill you." Spencer stood with her arms crossed in front of her.

"I knew he would tell you."

"Of course he did. I mean it, Dad, please protect him. Peter likes to act like he's invincible now that he's got his powers but he's not." she said. He nodded and walked over to her, kissing her forehead.

"I will... You sure you don't want to come and stay in the hotel?" he asked. She nodded.

"Yes." she didn't provide any more explanation.

"Alright... Well, I'll see you when I get back."

~~~

"How is he?" Spencer walked over to her father and Natasha. She came as soon as she heard about Rhodey.

"The doctors say he shattered L4 through S1. Extreme laceration in the spinal cord. Probably looking at some form of paralysis." he sighed.

"Steve's not gonna stop. If you don't either, Rhodey's gonna be the best case scenario." Natasha said.

"You let them go, Nat," Tony said. Spencer looked at Natasha in surprise.

"We played this wrong," Nat said.

"'We'? Boy, it must be hard to shake the whole double agent thing, huh? It sticks in the DNA." Tony replied. Spencer rolled her eyes at him.

"Dad," she stated but Natasha spoke over her.

"Are you incapable of letting go of your ego for one goddamn second?" she asked.

"T'Challa told Ross what you did, so... they're coming for you," he said.

"I'm not the one that needs to watch their back." she walked away, nodding at Spencer as she left.

"I may not agree with Cap and his team, but you have to admit this is a hard situation. Natasha had to fight her best friend." Spencer said. He sighed but didn't reply, he just activated some holographic images with his watch.

"What am I looking at, Friday?" he asked.

"Priority upload from Berlin police," she replied. Spencer and Tony shared a glance.

"Fire up the chopper."

~~~

They were looking at images on a tablet on the chopper. Friday was speaking.

"The Task Force called for a psychiatrist as soon as Barnes was captured. The UN dispatched Dr. Theo Broussard from Geneva within the hour. He was met by this man."

"Have you run facial recognition yet?" he asked.

"What do I look like?" the sarcastic AI asked.

"Uh, I don't know. I've been picturing a red head."

"You must be thinking of someone else."

"Must be."

"The fake doctor is actually Colonel Helmut Zemo, Sokovian Intelligence. Zemo ran Echo Skorpion, a Sokovian covert kill squad."

"So, what happened to the real Broussard?"

"He was found dead in a Berlin hotel room. Where police also found a wig and facial prosthesis approximating the appearance of one James Buchanan Barnes."

"Son of a bitch. Get this to Ross."

"Yes, Boss."

~~~

Spencer followed her father through the security building until finally they ended up in a room full of cells, all holding the Avengers on the opposing side. Clint began clapping the moment they walked in.

"The Futurist, gentlemen! The Futurist is here! He sees all! He knows what's best for you, whether you like it or not." he shouted. Spencer frowned sadly at him.

"Give me a break, Barton. I had no idea they'd put you here. Come on." Tony said.

"Yeah, well, you knew they'd put us somewhere, Tony," Clint growled.

"Yeah, but not some super-max floating ocean pokey. You know, this place is for maniacs. This is a place for..."

"Criminals? Criminals, Tony. Think that's the word you're looking for. Right? That didn't used to mean me. Or Sam, or Wanda. But here we are." Clint said.

"Because you broke the law," Tony replied.

"Yeah."

"Clint, please," Spencer begged, face pleading, he turned to her, "it's not his fault Secretary Ross doesn't give a lot of options but Dad is trying to find some sort of compromise or pardon just try to understand," she said. Clint frowned at her sympathetically but didn't say anything.

"Alright, you got a wife and kids. I don't understand, why didn't you think about them before you chose the wrong side?" Tony didn't wait for an answer before walking away.

"You gotta watch your back with this guy. There's a chance he's gonna break it." Clint said. Spencer felt her heart breaking and wondered why she had asked to tag along. She wanted to see the family she had slowly been coming to know but now... Now they didn't feel like family. She stepped closer to her father, seeking comfort.

"Hank Pym always said, you never can trust a Stark." there was another man in a cell but Spencer didn't recognize him.

"Who are you?" Tony asked him.

"Come on, man." the man said. Then Sam cut in.

"How's Rhodes?

"They're flying him to Columbia Medical tomorrow. So... fingers crossed. What do you need? They feed you yet?" Tony asked. Sam raised his eyebrows.

"You're the good cop now?" he asked.

"I'm just the guy who needs to know where Steve went," Tony replied.

"Well, you better go get a bad cop, because you're gonna have to go Mark Fuhrman on my ass to get information out of me."

"Oh, I just knocked the 'A' out of their 'AV'. We got about 30 seconds before they realize it's not their equipment."

"Just look. Because that is the fellow who was supposed to interrogate Barnes," Tony showed him the image, "Clearly, I made a mistake. Sam, I was wrong." he said.

"That's a first."

"Shut up, Sam," Spencer said, but she was ignored. He didn't even really know Tony, he was just another guy living off of her dad's money and objects but acted as if Tony was the enemy. It wasn't right. However, she was ignored.

"Cap is definitely off the reservation but he's about to need all the help he can get. We don't know each other very well. You don't have to..."

"Hey, it's alright... Look, I'll tell you... but you have to go alone and as a friend." Sam said.

"Easy."

Sam relayed the information and Tony turned to leave, once he was out of the room Spencer turned back to everyone else in the room.

"Just remember, my dad didn't create the Sokovia accords, he helped present it to everyone after Ross approached him with the already written and signed documents. He wasn't given a choice but he's trying to make this easier and better for everyone, but you guys? What have you done besides bitch and moan towards someone who you used to call a friend? At least, you did when he was paying for everything and giving you all the best toys." she snapped bitterly.

"Come on, kiddo, that's not fair," Clint said.

"You know what's not fair? The fact that my dad was told about a law that the Avengers weren't going to be given a choice on and he's trying to make it better and yet somehow he's being blamed for you guys being in here. He's doing everything he can to make this better and easier on you and you all turned your back on him, so if you do get out of this, if we do find a way to fix this, don't expect to have the luxury of a billionaire friend anymore."

She turned and left, running after her father.

~~~

"Why are there two choppers?" she asked as they walked back outside.

"I told you you could come with me to see the guys, but you're not coming with me to Steve, it's too dangerous," Tony said. She sighed and nodded in understanding.

"Okay, just... Stay safe," she said. He nodded and they hugged before each going on their separate chopper.

~~~

Spencer ran through the halls of the compound towards the hospital type area where a bunch of Doctors had come in to see to her father.

"Woah, woah, slow down, hun." Pepper was there and put her hands on the girls shoulders to stop her.

"Is he okay? What happened?" Pepper had texted her telling her that Vision had just brought Tony in and he was hurt.

"He's... he's a little beaten and not looking too amazing but otherwise he's gonna be alright," she said slowly.

"Can I see him?"

"Of course, he's just in that room." Pepper pointed and Spencer turned to rush in.

Her dad was lying on an actually pretty comfortable bed and hooked up to a heart monitor. He looked awful.

"Dad, oh my god," she said rushing forward. He gave her a small smile.

"Don't worry, I'm alright. You should see the other guy." he joked.

"Dad, what happened? Who did this?" she asked. Her father grimaced and looked down.

"Steve. I found out that Bucky killed my parents and I attacked him, Steve wasn't too happy about that," he said. Spencer put a hand to her lips, after a split second of sadness a wave of burning anger settled in her stomach.

"If they ever come back here, any of them, if you don't kill them, I will," she growled. Tony frowned and reached up to grab her hand.

"It's gonna be okay kiddo. We've got everyone we need right here."

Okay, thoughts??? I'm down for encouragement and constructive criticism any day so please please let me know what you think! Also, is there anything that you guys want to see or ideas you have? I love taking others ideas and such so let me know if you have anything!!! Also, please, please, please go check out my other Tony Stark book Dependence, it would mean a lot to me!!!! Love you guys!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.5K 1.4K 17
The famous tony stark has a teenage daughter. The only problem there is that her mother is an addict. Yn stark had her ways of coping with her mot...
550 51 26
"i don't ever wanna leave when you cry. i know i give you reasons to hide. i need you to stay by my side." - derm...
119K 2.1K 69
Penny is Peter's ½ sister. They have the same mother, but different dads (their mom died in her sleep suddenly when Penny was six months old and thei...
163K 4.9K 29
You have lived your whole life, knowing who your father is, but he doesn't know about you. One day when your room mate and best friend, Peter Parker...