Nothing To Give But Love (A M...

By michaelslover

19 year-old Alondra Cade didn't start out being homeless. The tragic death of her parents left her all alone... More

Chapter 1- Rainy Day
Chapter 2- He Came Back
Chapter 3- Identities Revealed
Chapter 4- Heartbreak and Happiness
Chapter 5- Good Morning
Chapter 6- Neverland
Chapter 7- The Ride of Love
Chapter 8- Fairy Tale
Chapter 9- Out In Town
Chapter 10- He Makes Me Feel..
Chapter 11- Kids
Chapter 12- Secrets
Chapter 13- Right or Wrong
Chapter 14- It's A Date
Chapter 15- Night on the Roof
Chapter 16- Trust
Chapter 17- Let Me Love You
Chapter 18- New and Old Faces
Chapter 19- Over and Done
Chapter 20- Be Mine
Chapter 21- First Day
Chapter 22- Busted
Chapter 23- I Promise
Chapter 24- A Couple Forevers
Chapter 25- Party
Chapter 26- Jealousy
Chapter 27- Let It Go
Chapter 28- Children
Chapter 29- Baby
Chapter 30- Suprise
Chapter 31- Magic
Chapter 32- Should I Know?
Chapter 33- Getting Back
Chapter 34- Arrival
Chapter 35- Another Round
Chapter 36- Good Start
Chapter 37- Cut Short
Chapter 38- Don't Hold Back
Chapter 39- Loving You
Chapter 40- At The Hospital
Chapter 41- Dangerous
Chapter 42- Confused
Chapter 43- Defiance
Chapter 44- Slowly Dying
Chapter 45- Heartache
Chapter 46- Past Love
Chapter 48- Come Go With Me
Chapter 49- The Red Carpet
Chapter 50- Drama, Drama, and More Drama
Chapter 51- Child?
Chapter 52- Believe It
Chapter 53- Heaven Knows
Chapter 54- Breakfast
Chapter 55- Unconditionally
Chapter 56- All Over
Chapter 57- Why?
Chapter 58- Baby Blues
Chapter 59- Peace
Chapter 60- Time Is On My Side
Chapter 61- Perfect
Chapter 62- Suspicion
Chapter 63- Always On My Mind
Chapter 64- Wrong Idea
Chapter 65- Poison
Chapter 66- Changes
Chapter 67- Your Day
Chapter 68- Mrs. Jackson?
Chapter 69- Through It All
Chapter 70- The End of the Beginning
Epilogue

Chapter 47- Turning Away

9.8K 354 237
By michaelslover

Chapter 47

"Well, congratulations Miss Cade. You are three weeks pregnant." The doctor, Dr. Moon says.

"Wow," is all I can say. So this is real. I don't even know if I feel excited.

I already knew that I'm pregnant, but the doctor wanted to confirm by running some tests. She's reviewing them.

"Let me guess." The doctor pulls down her glasses and they sit on the edge of her nose. "You're nervous?"

"Is it really that obvious?" I ask, sarcasm intended.

She laughs slightly. "Well, you will be fine. Everything seems normal, and you'll be coming in periodically to keep up with your baby's health, and yours too."

She then gives me a long lecture about how to keep myself healthy for the baby, and not to be alarmed when I begin to put on pounds.

"It's all part of the beautiful process called pregnancy. Though sometimes it can seem like a blessing in disguise."

A smile of uncertainty flickers onto my face. "Thank you for the info Dr. Moon." I say while getting up.

"You're welcome. Remember to set your next appointment with the secretary on the desk."

I say goodbye and leave the door where Janet is waiting.

"How far along are you?" She asks.

"Three weeks." I feel happiness flutter inside of me. There's something about the thought of being a mother that just gives me a great feeling, no matter the circumstances.

"Lon! Soon you'll have a little one calling you Mama," she giggles as I set my next appointment.

"Can't wait," I smile as we walk out of the door.

Janet has on a scarf that slightly covers her face. Her new album, Rhythm Nation 1814, has really put her in the spotlight, escalating from Control.

As we make our way back to Janet's home, I can't stop rubbing my belly.

"I'm hoping it's a girl," I say.

"Why is that?"

"So that I can be guaranteed she won't be a two-timing cheater like her dad is."

I don't know where all the hostility is coming from, maybe it's because I'm frustrated that he wasn't there to find out with me. He was supposed to be.

Janet shakes her head. "You should be grateful with whatever the heavens give you. Boy or girl, it shouldn't matter. And you're making assumptions about two things. One, girls can cheat too. And second, you don't even know for sure if Michael was cheating."

"Doesn't matter anymore. It's over. I'm not going to talk to him."

"You can't live like that. It'll come back and hurt you."

"Hurt is an empty word for me. It's happened very many times that one more time won't do much of a difference."

The car ride goes on. "Hardheaded, just like Michael. It's a surprise he hasn't come after you yet."

"Not to me," I mutter, getting comfortable in the car seat.

--

We arrive back at Janet's house.

"I'm going to find a job so that I can move out quicker. I honestly hate being a burden." I tell her.

"But you're pregnant, I think you should just chill."

"Chill for nine months? I'm pregnant, not disabled Janet," I reply.

I finally convince her that I'll start looking for a job the next day.

Then, I realize that I've left all of my stuff at Neverland and I need to get them.

"Hey Janet? Can you go back to Neverland and grab the things I left there," I ask.

"Why can't you do that?" She calls from the kitchen.

"Because! I don't want to see him!"

The phone starts to ring. "Can you get that?"

I sigh and pick up the phone. "Hello?"

"Hi, Alondra. It's me, Greg. Remember, I danced with you and a party one time."

"Oh, yeah... hi." I can feel myself partly wishing that it's Michael's voice I'm hearing.

"Uh, I'm sorry that I'm calling out of the blue but I heard about you and Michael. I'm really sorry." He says.

"Don't apologize for something that isn't your fault. Besides, I was actually trying to keep him off my mind, not be reminded of it again."

He clears his throat. "Oh, sorry. Well I was thinking that maybe you would want to take your mind off of if by spending time with me."

I rub my temples while pacing back and forth. "Greg, you're a nice guy and I'm not looking for--"

"Then, let me be the nice guy," He jumps in quickly. "I respect the situation you're in and I won't rush you into anything."

I take a silent moment to think. I don't like men right now. Even if one is a nice guy.

"Please, I would just really like to have some time to think." I finally tell him.

"Okay," He replies in a dejected voice. "Maybe I can talk to you later?"

"Maybe." With that I end the call and set the phone back down.

"I'm going outside," I tell Janet. Then I open the front door and walk until I have the perfect angle view of the sunset.

The hues of pink, orange, red and yellow swirl together in the seemingly endless sky. I look down and place a hand on my belly.

"You're going to see this with me very soon, baby," I say quietly as a smile increases on my face.

And just like that, the sunset is gone and night is here, blanketing the world in darkness.

I decide that its time to go back in but then a car pulls up to Janet's house. A very familiar Rolls Royce.

Before I can move, Michael hops out of the car and firmly takes my wrists.

"Get off!" I shout, shaking away from him.

"Sweetheart please, you need to come home with me."

"I don't live there anymore. And don't call me sweetheart." I snap before turning and walking back to the door.

More steps follow me. "I want to make things right."

"You shouldn't have made things wrong in the first place!"

"If you could only let me explain!" He says frustratedly.

"No," I reach the door and open it a crack, stepping in quickly so that Michael won't follow me.

"You're not going to let me in?" He asks. I can't see his eyes but I know that there's pain in them.

"No. Goodnight," I start to close the door but Michael puts his foot to stop it.

"It's a terrible night. It's going to be a terrible night because you aren't going to be with me. I can't kiss you good night, and can't hold you close to me and watch you sleep because I love seeing how peaceful your beautiful face is, and--"

"Michael don't do this." I interrupt.

"Don't do what? Try to get my woman back? I will keep on trying because you mean so much to me," He says.

My mind and heart are conflicting. My mind says, slam the door in his face! Remember all the pain, hurt and confusion? This is the man who caused it. Don't go through it again.

My heart is saying, this is the man you love, the one you fell in love with. You know that you want him in your life! Take him back and let him prove to you that he loves you.

I slowly exhale as I think of a decision. And I choose one. My mind.

I lock and close the door, turning away from love.

--

Chapter 47

Okay guys listen. Im terribly sorry for not updating when I said I would. I literally finished writing this chapter but Wattpad deleted it. I tried everything to get it back, but it didn't work and I had to rewrite. Ill never be satisfied with this chapter as I once was. There has also been no time. My school resumed on Tuesday and it moves fast, so I can assure you that I will be updating slower. I know that's not a good excuse but I'm sorry. Try to enjoy this sucky chapter. 😞

Vote

Comment

Share

~Joy ✌️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

345K 8.1K 40
Living with her disabled mom and her sister and brother Keira can't stand neither sibling and prays that one day she'll get away from them. Keira is...
261K 5.4K 49
"Tell me. Why won't you tell me?" He asks and I look towards him slowly, "You didn't even talk to me until yesterday! I'm trying to make it so nobody...
406K 9.1K 47
Avery Reyes decided to leave her old town and move across the country. She was fresh out of college and found a job in a small town of Indiana. Her o...
33.9K 1.1K 18
"Michael I don't think this was right. I am a married woman." "Yeah to a man that doesn't love you, let me love you!!" Lena Waters had just moved int...