The Boyfriend Games (slowly e...

Autorstwa PurplePillow

Every year, the girls assemble in the music room. The boys don't have a clue about what happens in there. But... Więcej

Chapter 1 ✔
Chapter 2 ✔
Chapter 3 ✔
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13 ✓
Chapter 14 ✓
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21 √
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Epilogue
One Shot Competition!
One Shot Competition Results

Chapter 27

66K 1K 268
Autorstwa PurplePillow

This was The Night. The night that the winner of The Boyfriend Games would be announced. This was prom night.

Most students had skipped school just to get ready for prom night, and I was no exception, thanks to Mikaela. I had turned up at school, only to be 'kidnapped' by her and dragged to her usual salon spa thing, which was where I was now, just chilling out, with a gay stylist and his two female assistants criticising my hair. She hadn't allowed Blake to see me at all, claiming that it was 'tradition'.

"Emerald, it's too dry!" Stefan, the gay stylist, wrinkled his nose in disgust as he pulled my hair and clipped it up. "I'm gonna put serums in it, so the whole thing will go soft! Just wait here," Stefan strutted away, and the two assistants started clipping bits of my half-mustard yellow, half-honey blonde hair. Remember I dyed it at the beginning? Well, it was wearing off.

"Stefan! We're going to dye her hair!" One of the female assistants, Tanya, shouted loudly, and I heard a girly 'Okay' from somewhere in the shop. The other assistant, Cheryl, pushed a cart-table thing with dye, and started dye-ing it. Mikaela was next to me, looking at Teen Vogue while the stylists worked on her hair as well.

An hour or so later, my hair was back to its honey-blonde color, and it was soft and bouncy thanks to Stefan's hair treatment cream. "Girls, it's time for your mani-pedis!" Stefan squealed, and I flinched at his tone. I didn't know a guys' voice could go so high. Did he not have puberty or something. Mikaela groaned from next to me, and I turned to see Mikaela's formally dirty blonde hair a pretty hazel brown.

"What? It matches my dress," Mikaela defended herself, and I rolled my eyes at her thinking. The stylists brought over trays and trays of nail varnish, and instructed us to pick a few to be painted on. For my nails, I decided on a french manicure, while my toes had a metallic blue and green color. The nail-painter person settled down on her stool in front of my feet. "Hold still," She muttered, and I did as told in fear of getting scolded.

The manicurist plucked out the dead skin around my nail, and cleaned it. Then, she started painting on the color, making me burst into a fit of giggles for no reason. It was quite ticklish! "I'm guessing it's your first time at these places?" That manicurist asked, and I nodded, blushing. Was I that obvious?

The mani-pedi lasted for an hour or so, and when we were done, I felt myself feeling quite lethargic. "How much longer?" I asked Mikaela, and she grinned evilly at me. "Much, much longer," She said mysteriously, and I groaned.

We were ushered around continuously for the next four hours to style our hair up, put our make-up on and many others. I had chosen to get my hair straightened till' it was pin-straight, like Taylor Swift. Mikaela, on the other hand, decided to add some hair extensions before curling it in big waves. They did my make-up very lightly, applying blusher to make my cheekbones appear higher, and eyeliner to make my eyes bigger. Also, they gave me light-blue contact lenses so that my green eyes would appear in a turqoise color.

Mikaela had loads of make-up on her face, making her look prettier than usual. She had purplish-pink eyeshadow which made her look mysterious, and light pink lipstick to make her look younger.

"Finally, the time has come, for your dresses!" Stefan shrilled, and I narrowed my eyes at him. Why was he making such a huge deal out of this? Stefan's assistants came in, one of them holding Mikaela's dress, and the other one holding mine. My eyes widened as I took in the dress- This wasn't the dress I had bought! The dress I'd bought was a bright pink, whilst this one was turqouise. I had to admit, the turqouise one looked nicer than my old one.

"I saw your crappy dress, so I decided to get you a new one," Mikaela said simply, admiring her own dress. I nodded with my jaw open. "Come on, Emerald, let's get your dress on and check it out!" Stefan let out a girly squeal, and I rolled my eyes.

When my dress was finally on, I admired myself in the mirror. The top half of the dress was covered in blue sequins, and the bottom was in layers. It was so pretty! And, it matched my nail varnish and eye color! "You look faboo!" Stefan shrilled from behind me, and I felt the urge to punch him. I held it in, turning to look at Mikaela's dress, feeling my jaw drop. Her dress was strapless, and her skirt was made out of feathers! Literal feathers.

"Is it alright?" Mikaela asked worriedly, and I nodded, too overwhelmed to speak. "It's so beautiful!" Stefan commented, his eyes watering slightly, and I grimaced. "Yeah, it is," I confirmed, and she let out a relieved sigh. "Great," She smiled, and hunched a little, earning a scolding from Stefan. "Don't mess up your feathers!" Stefan scolded, and Mikaela apologised, rolling her eyes at him.

Stefan led us to this place where it was all white, and made us stand near the wall, saying he needed to take loads of 'faboo' photos of us. "Come on girls! Show your inner animal!" He cried out, gritting his teeth and snapping photos of us as Mikaela and I posed awkwardly.

We did that for twenty minutes(waste of time), before my phone rang. "Helloo?" I asked, and Blake replied, telling me to meet him outside that salon where I had been in for the past seven hours. I agreed, saying bye to everyone and walked out.

"Hey Em," Blake waved, and I gasped sharply when I spotted Blake. His blonde hair had been gelled up nicely, and he was wearing a tuxedo with a black tie! Ahhh! Hotness overload! "You alright?" Blake asked, and I nodded, shaking my head at the same time and looking like a retarded fool. "You look beautiful," Blake said, and I smiled, hooking my arm through his.

~*~*~

"Before I forget.." Blake trailed off as he took out a beautiful corsage from his pocket. He helped me put it on my wrist, stepping back to take a good look, before nodding contentedly. "Let's go," I said as he gave me a soft kiss.

We walked to the ballroom where prom was being held, and once we were around the corner, most couples stopped at a flowery archway where couples were having polaroid photos taken of them. "Hey, let's take a photo," Blake lightly pushed me toward the archway, but I cowered. I didn't like photos, because I always looked like crap in them.

"Please?" Blake asked, pouting a little, and I relented. We walked up to the archway, and I noticed Blake doing a weird face; He was crossing his eyes and sticking his tongue out. I did the same, making a monkey face.

The photographer passed us the polaroid picture of us, and I cringed at my awkwardness in the picture. "Can I burn this?" I begged Blake but he shook his head. "Nope," He said evilly, popping the 'P'. Blake put the photograph in the pocket of his pants, making sure I wouldn't be able to get it. "Whatever, loser," I mumbled as Blake placed his hand on the small of my back, leading me into the ballroom.

"Can we eat first?" I asked Blake, hearing my stomach grumbled. He nodded, and we walked to the table where there were biscuits and so many stuff! I grabbed a paper plate, taking two of each type of cookie and a cup filled to the brim with fruit punch. "Careful," Blake said, carefully taking the cup from me, and drinking a little of the drink so it wouldn't spill.

We sat at one of the tables, gobbling the food down like pigs. Suddenly, the lights dimmed, and there was a spotlight focused on the DJ, one of our young male teachers, Mr Smiths. "Hey everyone! I just want you guys to know that you all look great, and I hope you enjoy the awesome night!" He spoke into the microphone, and all the students cheered. "Also, you can go up to request songs," He added, and I sighed.

Couples swarmed to the DJ, and I could hear loud chattering as they fought over the song requests. By then, Mikaela had arrived late, as usual, with her date, Randy. Wait.. Randy!? I shook my head, looking back at her and her date. Yep, it sure was.

"Mikaela! Over here!" I waved at her, and her face brightened up as she noticed me. She strutted over in her strappy heels, dragging Randy along. "Hey Em," Randy's smile was like a million watts, and I struggled to look at it. "Hey!" I smiled at both of them. "Mikaela, when did Randy ask you?" I asked her, and she squealed. "He asked a few days ago!" She shrilled, and I nodded. When did Mikaela go for guys like Randy? Not that Randy wasn't hot.. But, you know... Mikaela usually went for guys that were on the football team.

"What college did you apply to?" I asked Blake, and he smiled before answering, "Princeton." My jaw dropped as he said that. "No shit? I applied there too!" I hugged him, and he chuckled. "I got accepted," He said again, and I gasped. "Me too!!" I nearly screamed with joy, and I planted a short kiss on his lips.

"What about you guys?" I asked Mikaela and Randy, and they started talking about either Yale or Uni of California. They probably were going to the same college as well! It was awkward, because they talked and kissed as if we weren't there. It was grotesque.

"I think we should go dance," Blake suggested, covering his eyes jokingly, and I laughed, grabbing his hand and leading him to the dancefloor. Coincidentally, the DJ played 'We Are Young'. "I love this song!" I cried out, hooking my hands behind Blake's neck. He placed his hands on my waist, and we swayed to the music.

"Give me a second I, I need to get my story straight.

My friends are in the bathroom, getting higher than the empire state.

My lover, she's waiting for me, just across the bar

My seat's been taken by some sunglasses,

asking bout' a scar.."

I sang along to the song, and it felt like it was only Blake and I left in the ballroom. "I love you," Blake told me, and I smiled knowingly. "I know," I replied, and he grinned. "I love you too," I informed him, and he leaned in, pressing his lips to mine. I eagerly kissed him back. It felt like hours or something where it was just two of us, in the middle of nowhere, kissing.

Then, I heard Mikaela's sharp voice. "Attention!" She said sternly, and all the couples, including Blake and I, stopped whatever we were doing to face her. "I'm going to announce stuff now," Mikaela declared, taking out a piece of paper from the gold envelope.

"The biggest flirt is.." She said mysteriously, and some of the jocks stamped their feet on the ground to imitate a drumroll.

"Yasmin Rain!"

The student body burst into applause, and there were wolf-whistles, mainly from the boys Yasmin had slept with. Yasmin walked up the stage, blowing kisses and receiving the fake-gold trophy from Randy, Mikaela's trusty assistant.

"Most likely to be a millionaire..."

"Mikaela!" She called out her own name, and I rolled my eyes. How modest of her to call out her own name. Some students chuckled, while others glared at her for stealing their prize. Randy handed Mikaela her trophy, and gave her a quick kiss, earning a loud cheer from the crowd.

"And, finally!" She said, smiling at everyone. "The cutest couple is..."

Most couples grasped on to each other, hoping to win the prize. I mean, come one, who didn't want to be the cutest couple? "I don't think we're gonna be. Look at us, we aren't cute. We're hot!" Blake boasted, and I rolled my eyes at his weirdness.

"Massie and Robert!" Mikaela called out, and I cocked my head to one side suspiciously. Wasn't Massie part of the games, to get Darren? Why was she suddenly with another guy? I watched Massie closely as she sashayed up the stage to get her award, Robert following her closely behind and palming her ass.

I shot Mikaela a look, and she gave me the 'I'll explain later' face.

"Now, the most important award of all! Prom Queen and King!" Mikaela gleefully announced, and I gripped Blake's hand tightly. "It seems like we have a tie!" Mikaela gasped, and everyone else copied her, gasping and widening their eyes. We had never had a tie before!

"Let's call up the prom Queens first!" Mikaela emphasized on the plural, and I felt my palms sweat. "Emerald and Deanne!" She announced, and I turned to see Blake's confused face. "It means that I won the games!" I whispered, and he gave me a thumbs up sign.

Deanne and I quickly walked up the steps in our heels, and stopped right before Mikaela. "Congrats. You tied in The Boyfriend Games," Mikaela lowered her voice so that no one else could hear. Then, Mikaela took out two tiaras and placed them on our heads gently. We stood at one side, and Mikaela smiled at me once more. "I'm proud of you, Em," Mikaela patted my shoulder awkwardly.

After that, she walked back to the microphone. "Let's call up the prom kings!" She proclaimed, opening another golden envelope. The stupid jocks started doing the drumroll with their feet again.

"Blake and Derrick!"

Blake and Derrick stormed up the stage, and Mikaela whispered something to them while putting their crowns on their head.

"Everyone! Clear the dance floor! Let the Prom Royalty dance first!" She shouted and everyone parted like the red sea, leaving an empty area for us to dance. "Milady?" Blake offered his hand again, talking in a weird fraffly accent. I giggled, placing my small hand in his, and we walked down the stairs together.

'The sun goes down, the stars come out

And all the counts, is here and now.

My universe, will never be the same,

I'm glad you came.."

The music blasted through the stereos as Blake and I swayed along to the music. "I'm so glad you won," Blake said softly, and I nodded leaning in to hug him. "It's because of you," I replied, and I felt him shaking his head. "It was all you. You made me fall for you. You changed me," Blake said, and I leaned back, looking at his face to see if he was serious- He was. That was so cheesy! "I know it's cheesy, but it's true," Blaake stated, and I shied away from him when I realise I said my thoughts aloud.. Again.

A few moments later, I felt the dance floor warm up- The other students had joined us already! "This is lame now," I whispered to Blake and he laughed in agreement. So, we walked side by side to the table, where Mikaela and Randy were making out at. It was disgusting! Now I got why people shouted 'Get a room' when people were making out! It was like they were eating each other's faces! Ugh, was Blake and I like that when we kissed?

"Yes, it is," I heard Blake sigh from behind me, and I clamped my hands over my mouth. What was my problem with keeping my thoughts in my head? "Ahem," I cleared my throat loudly, and Mikaela and Randy stopped kissing, their lips swollen. 

"What?" Mikaela demanded, while Randy blushed scarlet. "Err, I'll go get punch," Randy said awkwardly, stalking off towards the food and drinks table, with Blake following behind him to give us some privacy. "Care to explain the Massie business?" I asked Mikaela, and she looked around nervously. 

"We got the wrong information. We gave her the wrong guy," Mikaela rushed her words, and I cocked my head to one side. "You mean that stupid love doctor you consulted gave you wrong information?" I asked her, and she nodded slowly. "I swear! It's correct ninety-nine percent of the time!" She suddenly said again, and I raised one eyebrow. 

"Fine, I believe you," I relented, and she let out a relieved breath of air. "Thanks," She managed to utter out. "Why did we win, even though we didn't you know... Sleep together?" I asked her, and she shrugged. "Sleeping together never really mattered. It just mattered that you truly loved each other. Some of the couples just rushed things, that's why they lost." Mikaela explained, and I gasped at how deep she could go.

Then, the stupid DJ stopped the music again. "The night is coming to the end! Could we get the prom queens and kings to come up to make a speech?" Mr Smiths announced, and everyone turned to look at Deanne who was sulking at one corner, Derrick, who was next to her, looking around excitedly, Blake, who was walking towards me, and finally, me, who was looking around awkwardly.

This was the perfect time to execute my 'awkward turtle' sign, which was placing one hand on top of the other, and wiggling the thumbs. Also, for a good measure, I added in Jenna Marbles' 'Go Away' face. It worked- Students rolled their eyes at me, going back to whatever they were doing, and chattering loudly. 

"Where are the prom royalties?" Mr Smiths asked again, and Mikaela grabbed my wrist, her fingernails digging into my skin, dragging me towards the stage with Deanne, Derrick and Blake in tow. When we finally got on stage, Mr Smiths shoved the microphone into my hand, and gestured to me to talk. 

"Err, hellooo?" I said, and the students turned to give me weird looks. "Okay, I have to give a speech so, here goes. Most of you don't really know me, but I'm Em. Umm, I just want to say that for some of us, high school is coming to an end. We're growing up already, and about to go to colleges all over the world," I paused for awhile, staring at everyone who was staring back at me intently. 

"Some of us want to get married, and have kids with the perfect guy. Some want to earn loads of money. All I'm saying is: Go for it. See Blake? I never knew he would date me, but I went for it, and see where we are now.." I rambled on and on, totally going off topic, but whatever- I wasn't good at speeches. 

I noticed some of the cheerleaders tearing, their eyes shiny from their unshed tears, and laughed on the inside. I never knew that I was such a motivational speaker! Maybe, I could have a career as a motivational speaker? "Pass the mike," I heard someone whisper to me, and I gulped, passing it to someone. I heard that person start to speak...

"I just wanna say.. Love is unexpected. You don't know who you'll love, and you sometimes fall for people that are total opposites from yourself, which is what happened to me. I love Em," Blake said, and I could hear guys cheering and girls cooing. My cheeks flushed, and I used my hands to cover my face. 

It went on similarly between Deanne and Derrick, although Deanne just stuck her tongue out at everyone, revealing her tongue piercing while Derrick spoke out a long and heartwarming speech about life and how short it was. What a weird couple they were!

"Thank you for the speeches. Prom is officially over!" Mr Smiths boomed, and there were sad noises made from everyone. It was officially the end for seniors. The end of the year, and the end of some friendships. We were possibly never going to meet each other ever again. 

"It's not the end for us," Blake said, his hand tracing my back soothingly, and I glanced at him happily. "I know," I smiled at him, leaning over for a kiss. His mouth met mine, and fireworks erupted. "Stop! My eyes!" Mikaela complained from somewhere, but I ignored her. It was a free country, right?

"I think we should stop, just in case," Blake pulled away and I nodded reluctantly. "Let's go," I grabbed his hand, and we walked out of the ballroom, into the night. "I love you," Blake said again, and I smiled knowingly. "I love you too.." I replied, and he bent down to give me a kiss, bending down to carry me up in a bridal position. "We should get married," Blake grinned at me, and I rolled my eyes. "Maybe?" I said mysteriously, and he kissed me again.

"I promise you, we will," Blake said seriously. 

This wasn't the end of our 'fairytale', it was only the beginning...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There we have it! The last chapter:(((( The book is over! It's been an awesome six months writing it! I'm sure gonna miss this:(

Oh yeah, there's gonna be a sequel!:D OOH

Yes, but first, I must post the epilogue, which will come out tomorrow or something... 

Love all my fans who have supported me throughout! 

THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN:)

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

3.2K 195 25
"Hey, aren't you the guy who sells T-shirts by the Academy?" Katie asks me. "Yeah ... I-I though you'd never know." I say. She's never noticed me bef...
509K 15.7K 49
"Kara, you're my best friend right?" "Umm yeah?" "You'd do anything for me, right?" "As long as it doesn't involve 10 years in prison, yeah." "Be my...
169K 2.4K 21
Welcome to the life of teen fiction and teen romance be prepared to meet the mind of the younger generation... Well the extreme side anyways ;) Cool...
435K 12.6K 89
"Naughty Rose, trying to get started without us, tell us what you want baby," I cooed at her. "I want all of you right now. I want to be rid of my vi...