ɴᴏᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ✦ ᴘᴀʀᴋ ᴊɪꜱᴜɴɢ

By Jisungshandcuffs

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦ ᴄɪᴛʏ ᴏꜰ ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ 1.1/21 ✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦ "𝘕𝘰𝘵 𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘴 𝘯𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘢𝘴 𝘮𝘦 𝘵... More

ᴘʀᴇʟᴜᴅᴇ
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Sequel

Chapter 3

11.3K 447 373
By Jisungshandcuffs

TW: Mentions of violence and bullying.

"We're been friends for so many years, but you can't even come up to the classroom with me." Minhyuk deadpanned, voice filled with disbelief. 

The group began making excuses about how they were tired and that he really didn't need those notebooks, but Haeun decided to offer herself.

"I'll go with you." She said, stepping forward. 

"Thank you, you're the only reasonable one here." Minhyuk sent her a small smile and the two entered the school building.

As they walked, the two shared a conversation about their school day, talking up until they reached the classroom. There, Minhyuk opened his locker and began putting away and grabbing some stuff that he needed.

Feeling a bit bored, Haeun looked out the window.

Their classroom had been tucked into the far edge of the school building, on the third floor. Looking down, there was a small alley at the back of the perimeter between the structure itself and the huge wall surrounding the campus. It was a bit gross: a couple of giant dumpsters overflowing with trash being the only thing there. Or was it.

Haeun squirmed her eyes, noticing movement at the far end of the alleyway, right where it was cut off by a short fence. With ease she spotted 4 figures there, all of them more than familiar.

"Hey, Minhyuk?" She called to him cautiously.

The boy zipped up his backpack, turning towards her. "What?"

"Isn't that..." Haeun exclaimed, her voice becoming more panicked. Minhyuk walked up to her, eyes focusing on where she was pointing.

"What the hell..." He muttered confused, but his face soon turned into rage. "Kang Seulbi."

And without another word, he set off running.

Haeun followed him, both running out of the school building frantically to the confusion of their friend group. In a matter of a minute, they were already behind the school building, the nasty scene in front of them.

Dahyun was on the ground, surrounded by shredded papers, books, trash and some of her personal belongings. She was an absolute mess: hair rough and entangled, red eyes, tear-stained cheeks, bruised up arms. It was heartbreaking. And over her stood the three dolled up girls, all laughing maliciously.

"HEY!" Minhyuk yelled out angrily, making the perpetrators aware of their arrival.

Haeun wasted no time running over, crouching beside Dahyun who was sobbing and choking on her own tears.

"Hush, don't cry baby. We're here now, okay? You're alright." She cooed, arms gently encircling the weeping girl.

And then suddenly, as Haeun sat there and comforted Dahyun as best as she could, they heard a loud smacking sound.

Both the girls snapped their heads up, watching as Seulbi retracted her hand from Minhyuk's now red cheek, screaming her guts out at him. But to Haeun's surprise, he didn't do anything. He did absolutely nothing to defend himself and just allowed her to abuse him like that.

And that was the cherry on top for Haeun to release her rage.

Seulbi let out a loud surprised and pained screech as a hand grasped at her words and yanked her backwards. Her body landed against the wall, leaving her so shocked that her legs wobbled under her own body.

Upon looking up, Seulbi found Haeun's enraged face right next to her.

"You fucking piece of trash." The girl hissed out, getting intimidatingly close.

"Hey, you-" Seulbi proceeded to raise her hand in an attempt to slap Haeun as well.

But the girl grabbed the other's wrist, easily then disposing her clenched fist right into her stomach.

Seulbi whined out in pain, bending over from how much it hurt.

"Is bullying the only thing you can do?" Haeun scoffed out with a smirk on her face. "How pathetic. Look now. Your friends aren't even trying to defend you. Oh what will you do, Ms.Queen of the school?" The sarcasm dripped from her tongue like poison.

Seulbi let out an angry grunt, and then raised her hand even quicker this time in an attempt of a bunch. But she could only scowl in fear as Haeun grabbed it once again, pinned her against the wall and raised her own fist up in the air, ready to strike,

But instead of landing a hit, Haeun watched with pleasure as Seulbi breathed deeply whilst whimpering quietly from the terror. She then leaned into the girl's ear, so close that it sent shivers down her spine.

"Responding to violence with violence..." Haeun whispered ominously. "-is beneath me." 

"Woah that was crazy." Daehwi sipped on his drink, speaking as if he was in awe.

"Right?! I never expected Haeun to be such a bad bitch." Lisa exclaimed, equally as shocked. "I'm literally in love with you."

Haeun only giggled lightly at the words of praise, staring down in her lap. She was in a slightly sappy mood despite everyone being ecstatic over how she had owned Seulbi.

'Remember Haeun. Never again.'

"Hey, you alright there?" Minhyuk snapped his fingers right in front of her eyes.

"Huh?"
"You're zoning out."

"Oh yes, I do that." Haeun chuckled uncomfortably.

"Wait, I have a question." Minhee interrupted the excited chattering. "Minhyuk, why didn't you fight back? I don't mean physically, but you could've easily stopped Seulbi from even touching you."

"You guys know this." Minhyuk reluctantly sighed. "My dad works for her family's business. That bitch will definitely pull some strings to get him fired in some way or another. She's her family's pride and joy after all."

The entire table hummed in realization, nodding their heads with pity.

But what caught their attention was the glass door of the café they were in being violently thrown open, a figure coming inside, eyes scanning the space like those of a vulture seeking its prey.

"Ugh. Did they have to come? " Daehwi sighed, clearly annoyed.

"Oh no." Dahyun lowered her face, trying not to grab his attention.

"Wait, he's alone though." Minhee pointed out, squirming her eyes at the newcomer.

"Who is he?" Haeun interrupted their thinking aloud.

"Lee Donghyuck. He's pretty popular around school." Lisa informed whilst sipping on her milkshake. "He's a bad one, I wouldn't get involved with him."

"He's dating the bitch from earlier." Minhyuk added, a hostile look on his face.

"Oh, I see." Haeun simply nodded.

Suddenly, she felt bold and hasty footsteps behind her, and before she could react, there was already a hand harshly gripping her shoulder.

"You." A deep voice appeared from right behind her.

The entire table froze, as they watched Haeun turned her head slowly to find the same guy who had just entered the café a minute ago. His body was tense, flaming eyes staring into hers with a burning hatred.

Donghyuck then grabbed the girl by the wrist and proceeded to drag her up.

Haeun saw her friends also getting up and getting ready to confront him, but she urgently waved them off, mouthing to them that she'll be alright.

Donghyuck then led her outside, towards the side of the building, then promptly slammed her against the wall.

Haeun didn't budge, even when he used his hand to corner her.

"Hey." He mumbled through gritted teeth, but he didn't mean it as a greeting. "Who do you think you are? How fucking dare you hit Seulbi?!"

Haeun unconsciously smirked, confidently staring up into his eyes.

That only seemed to enrage Donghyuck even more, who immediately exploded. "What's so funny, huh? I could beat you up right here and now."

Right then, it was as if the switch was fully turned. Haeun struggled to control the tiny chuckle erupting from her lips. "What did she tell you?" She asked with a small smile.

Donghyuck was definitely creeped out, but he wanted to stay in control of the situation. "Don't act stupid, she told me everything. You beat her up, there's literally redness all around her wrist!"

"Oh?" Haeun tilted her head, eyebrows raising. "She said that?"

"Yes. Yes she did." Donghyuck growled out.

Haeun finally burst out into laughter, "Wow. It's straight up embarrassing how little you know about your own girlfriend."

"You fucking-" His arm flew up, clenched fist stopping a mere inch away from her face.

But Haeun didn't even flinch, beaming smile falling more into an ominous smirk. "Hit me. I dare you."

Donghyuck clenched his teeth tighter, fist shaking from how hard he was trying to stop him. The calm look in her eyes disturbed him, and the way she spoke freaked him out.

She wasn't scared of him.

"Come on. Hit me." Haeun chuckled. "You can't, huh? Because you know that if I come out of here, bloodied and beaten up, that you will get in trouble. That your petty little image will be ruined. That you'll be seen as someone who abuses women and resolves everything with violence."

"Shut up."
"It's shocking. I thought opposites attract." Haeun clicked her tongue as she scanned him from head to toe. "But you and that bitch you call a girlfriend are exactly the same."

"What are you even talking about?" Donghyuck's brows furrowed, but he was clearly more hesitant than at the beginning.

"Oh you didn't know? Why do you think Seulbi was even behind the school building?"
"You dragged her there."
"Well sorry to burst your bubble but I didn't. She was the one who started everything."

"Stop bullshitting me." He growled threateningly.

But before the exchange could continue, the two heard a loud thud further down the alleyway, causing them both to turn their heads that way. Behind a couple of boxes was a dark, shadowy figure but neither of the two teens had the time to examine it in detail because suddenly there was a silver object flying at them.

Haeun's instincts kicked in, arms pressing against Donghyuck's chest and pushing him away. It was just in time, because the sharp knife passed right in between the gap that she had created. Between them.

As it fell and clattered to the ground, the two of them were stuck in place, breaths hitching in shock.

"What the-"
"Let's get out of here." Haeun ordered, her eyes moving towards the source of the knife but the dark, shadowy figure was gone.

Noticing that Donghyuck hasn't moved, she grabbed him by the arm. "Go on!" 

"You're bleeding..." He exclaimed, pointing towards her arm.

And when Haeun looked down, she realized that there was an ugly slash on her upper arm, and she cringed, only now feeling the pain. The two stared at it as the blood began pouring out.

"It's nothing." Haeun muttered dismissively, just pulling him out of the alley.

Oo? What do you think that way?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.5K 1.6K 17
Love should be easy, but where's the fun in that?
13.1K 294 14
Ellie and y/n are both immune to the virus. But what happens when y/n develops feelings for Ellie on their journey to the fireflies?
202K 13K 59
"Zayn, the stars don't come out in a city that never sleeps." In which two people must help each other pass a night class in New York City. © chari...
100K 3.5K 64
HEDONIST hedonist /ˈhɛd(ə)nɪst,ˈhɛdənɪst,ˈhiːd(ə)nɪst,ˈhiːdənɪst/ noun a person who believes that the pursuit of pleasure is the most important thing...