The Original Sire [4]

By OriginalWriterJ

BEST RANKINGS #2 in Mikealson #6 in TO Thyra, Mikealson scratch that Petrova, has finally been freed from th... More

Months Without You
Moved On
Confession
The Rose Affair
Ex-Box
I'll Bring Pie
Again!!!!

Forcing Hands

11.7K 273 80
By OriginalWriterJ

Southern France 1002 AD

It had been many moons since we ran from home.

Running that's all we did now, hiding from Mikael the beast who wanted my husband's head on a platter.

Finn, Elijah, Nik, Kol, Rebekah and I together but we were getting weary, we missed having a place to call home. I Knew Nik blamed himself for Mikael on our backs, the siblings thought Mikael merely hated Nik for being a bastard, if only they knew that he had killed Esther, it would destroy our family.

Esther had killed my sister and my unborn child and honestly, if Nik hadn't killed her, I would have.

Nik and I kept this secret between us letting our family believe Mikael had done the deed it was better this way.

I hoped where ever Esther was, she was suffering. Not only had she had turned us into monsters but she had taken away my sister my dear Tatia away, also worse still she had killed mine and Niklaus innocent unborn child, then to truly stick the knife in I learned after my transition that none of us would be able to bear children.

Run. Feed. Hide the bodies. Repeat, that was my life now.

I no longer recognized myself, I was no longer young, naïve and sweet, I was a bloodsucker, cold, harsh and unforgiving this is who I was now the old me had died with Tatia and my babe.

"Kol, are you quite done?" Elijah questioned my best friend, who was feeding on the last survivor from the carriage we had just slaughtered.

"Ahh. Oh, bother, Elijah! Is all of this truly necessary?" Kol huffed as the rest of us rounded up the bodies to dispose of.

"Brother, the road is a major thoroughfare. If the bodies are found, word of our presence will spread to Mikael" Elijah answered.

"We have run through autumn and winter, through sleet and snow. Are we cursed to forever live in fear of our father?" Bekah whined.

"I should say yes sadly" Finn answered.

"Finn, please. Niklaus" Elijah glared.

I looked at my husband who was no doubt blaming himself, I stepped closer to him and grabbed his hand squeezing it tightly, when I got a smile, I kissed his cheek lovingly.

"Do we have any idea where we're running to next?" Bekah wondered changing the subject.

"Why not just do what we've all thought of doing? Split up!" Kol announced looking glaring at mine and Nik's joined hands.

Ever since that night when Kol found me crying in the woods not long after we started running and kissed me, our relationship hadn't been the same.

I had told him I loved Niklaus and I would never come between two brothers, but still, it hurt me that he was suffering, I loved Kol yes but not the way he wanted me to.

Since then I had tried my best not be affectionate with Nik in front of him but sometimes, I didn't even realize I was doing it.

We agreed that night never to speak about the kiss to another soul as there was enough to worry about.

"We swore a vow!" Nik exclaimed from my side.

"Your vows haunt me more than father himself! At least he can't chase us all. I say we take our chances" Kol snapped.

"We are not splitting up Kol! We are stronger together besides I refuse to let you leave" I angrily told him.

"Perhaps Kol is right" Finn sighed.

"Thank you, Finn! Yeah, I've always said eldest is the most intelligent"

"Stop talking Kol! I take no Joy in our assent, but I do wish to sleep in a bed, to bathe in a bath, to feed of proper food" Finn sighed longingly.

"No, brother. Niklaus is right. We made a vow." Elijah ever the voice of reason spoke up, reminding me why Tatia loved him so much and why I adored him.

"Family above all. Always..."

"And forever" I spoke finishing off Elijah's sentence.

Present Time

"I had a really great time last night" I whispered with a huge cheesy grin spread across my face.

"Me too, I'm sorry I have to bail so early but, duty calls" he sighed.

"It's fine Eden will be back from her fathers in a few hours anyway" I replied.

Just then I heard whispering coming from the direction of my kitchen, it was quite enough for the human ear not to hear, but my vamp hearing caught it loud and clear. Nosy bitches.

"Ty?" Will questioned using the nickname he had bestowed me.

"Huh?" I wondered dumbly turning my attention back to the handsome detective I had spent the night with.

After our date last night, he drove me home, the tension between us thick, so I invited him inside a great decision on my part.

"I said I'd call you later?"

"Please do, because I would hate to think you were just using me for sex" I smirked leaning forward and kissing him goodbye.

"Damn you caught me" he joked, making me slap his arm playfully.

"Last night I hope will be the first of many, many nights together" he corrected himself kissing me one last time, when he pulled away, I was left slightly lightheaded.

I walked him to the door pulling him for one last kiss laughing when he nearly fell over, I really had to watch my supernatural strength around the human.

I stayed at the open door watching him drive away the cheesy grin never leaving my face, it was only when I heard giggling coming from the kitchen, I remembered I had visitors.

I slammed the door striding towards the kitchen, I opened the door to be met with my two grinning nieces.

"Seriously?" I questioned unimpressed, moving past them to get myself a bottle of blood from the refrigerator.

"So, you finally screwed the cop" Kat smirked sipping on her own blood.

"When did you two arrive?" I wondered refusing to give them anything as I sipped my blood.

"About the time you and the detective were having your morning workout" Nadia answered looking smug, making me roll my eye's, perverts.

"So... How was he?" Kat wondered.

"He sounded good" Nadia chimed in.

"He was really good okay" I huffed hoping they'd drop it.

"Come on Thyra give us something" Nadia sighed in her thick Bulgarian accent, pouting like a child.

"Let's just say all four time's I saw god" I smirked making them squeal like teenage girls.

"Who would have thought the straight-laced goody, goody had it in him" Kat smirked.

It went like that for the next hour and a half, we made breakfast together while they teased me, this is how it had been for the past few months, except usually it was Nadia receiving the teasing after she walked through the front door wearing last night's clothes.

It became a weekly tradition we would have breakfast together Nadia would fill us in on her latest conquest, Eden would also be here if Klaus didn't have her. The odd time Marcel would join telling us about his progress in the quarter. We all had our own busy lives, so it was nice to have a moment to stand still and enjoy each other's company.

"Seriously his room was decorated like a ten-year old's, and he lived with his mother".

"Where the bloody hell you find these boys Nadia?" I laughed.

"I personally think you should stay away from men all together" her mother muttered making Nadia glare at her.

Our conversation was interrupted by a knock at the door.

"Freya's early" I muttered looking at the clock.

I hopped off the stool and padded towards the door excited to see my daughter, a smiled overtook my face when I opened the door only for it to drop moment later.

"Edith?"

"Thyra, did you miss me?"

Court of Marseilles 1002 AD

Many moons had passed since we took refuge in the Count De Martel's court and finally our family was beginning to heal.

When we slaughtered the Carriage of people on the road in the French countryside there had been a lone survivor, his name was Lucian.

Lucian had hidden in the carriage beneath the silks and finery listening to our family's troubles, we were going to kill him like the others, after all, we couldn't have word get back to Mikael, only he convinced us otherwise.

He helped us pose as the noble family we had killed and presented us in court. The count de Martel was distrusting at first but one look at mine and Rebekah's cleavage and the disgusting old man excepted us into his home.

Lucian was our eye's and ear's, he kept our secret and became our friend, my husband Niklaus had become quite fond of the young man, while Lucian worshipped Nik.

Tristian the count's son and Elijah spent time having intellectual conversations and learning from one another, Finn also joined on occasion.

Rebekah spent her time gossiping with the ladies in court, I knew she enjoyed the normality of it all and the pretty dresses.

Kol was another story, he ate his way through the court and village nearby, drawing attention from the locals. I had tried and failed to convince him to stop but he refused to listen he always was a wild one.

The count's daughters were another story Aurora I despised, while her younger sister Edith I simply adored.

Aurora was wild and crazy but that's not why I hated her. When we first arrived, she did everything within her power to turn Nik's eye from me, she was relentless she became obsessed. It was only when Tristian and Edith stepped in did, she stop her flirtation with my Nik, but she didn't stay away from my family she simply moved onto Kol and my wildly best friend welcomed her much to my disgust.

Kol and Aurora's affair wasn't really a well-kept secret, my whole family, Edith and some of the court knew, but it was only Tristian that needed to be kept in the dark.

Tristian while, noble and charming had a dark sadistic side. He was fiercely protective of his sisters but more so the fragile Aurora and if he found out about the affair there would be no doubt we would have to flee again.

"Are you quite alright my dear friend" a sweet voice wondered as they sat next to me on the stone steps outside the castle, in the pitch black.

"Edith, I didn't hear you" I smiled looking at her startling green eyes, dark brown hair and strong bone structure.

"Yes, I can see that" she teased, making me smile.

"What's the matter Thyra?" Edith had become a good friend since my stay here it was nice to confide in someone other than my family.

Edith knew nearly everything about me from my dead sister and child to Esther, Kol's affection toward me, my arranged marriage to Nik and how I was now madly in love with him. She even knew my darkest secret, being a bloodsucker, yet she never looked down upon me.

"Kol and I had another fight" I sighed.

"Let me guess it was about my sister" she huffed.

"I'm sorry it's just they ..."

"Bring out the worst in one another" she finished.

"According to Kol there in love," I told her.

"You don't believe it?"

"I am happy that Kol has placed his affections elsewhere and I know Aurora is your sister but it wasn't that long ago she was obsessed with my husband" I confessed.

"I see your point, Aurora has her demon's and I know you don't trust her, but I believe that they are using each other because they can't have the true objects of their affection, I also think that they believe they are in love" she explained.

"You Edith de Martel are wise beyond your years" I smiled linking my arm with hers as we watched the stars above.

Little did either of us know that Niklaus and Elijah were making a discovery that would change our lives forever.

I would later find out that we could sire humans.

Present day

Ten minutes after ushering Kat and Nadia out the door, to keep Eden away until I called and here I was sitting in my living room across from Edith de Martel.

"So, Edith what brings you to New Orleans's?"

"I'm here to protect my sire of course" she smiled her familiar green eyes boring into mine.

"I don't need protection but thank you for the kind offer".

"I assume you've seen Lucian and heard of the prophecy?"

"Unfortunately," I scoffed.

"Then you know you and your family are in great danger".

"They are not my family" I snapped my tone harsher then I intended it to be.

"I heard you broke off ties, and I'm sorry you and your daughter are being dragged into this mess. The sire lines are at war you know this and like you I want no part in it, I like my life, therefore, I love you being alive and the fact of the matter is we will be dragged into this, like it or not".

"Edith I will stand on the sidelines and watch all the sire line's burn if needs be, but I not be dragged into any pointless war" I spoke clearly with authority.

"Elijah and Klaus's lines have been at it for centuries and in the past decade it's gotten worse, your line is stuck in the middle with Rebekah's in the background, So, we need to be prepared the strix can protect you," she told me completely ignoring what I had just said.

"You know Lucian told me, my small sire line is divided most of them siding with Niklaus, I see the others are with Tristan sorry, Elijah's side. It seems you have also chosen a side curious for someone who doesn't want to be part of a war" I smirked.

"You know I have always been involved with the Strix and I may have converted some of our kin and welcomed them into the organization. Don't forget our resources have helped you out in the past, helping you stay hidden from Klaus for decades bringing your niece Katerina back to life" she listed.

"And I am forever grateful, but I will not worship at anyone's feet and I am on nobodies' side but my own" I spat.

"The prophecy states that there is a weapon out there that can kill an original, one side will find it, I hope you are on the right one when that happens".

"Is that a threat" I was seething now.

"It's a fact Thyra, you know you used to trust me" she snapped.

"I haven't heard from you in over a year Edith and now you show up to my home where my daughter lives with talks prophecies and genocide" I bit back.

"I'm sorry but I came here alone hoping you would see my side of things, hoping you would trust me as I have always trusted you" she replied her tone calmer, she then stood up, taking what looked like an invitation from her bag and handing it to me.

"Be in denial all you want Thyra but you will have to make a choice, Tristan asked me to give you this he's being dying to see you" she smiled.

I took the black invitation I skimmed over the fancy calligraphy inviting me to the Strix large soiree, my eyes were then drawn to the familiar handwriting at the end.

It's been too long since I last seen you Thyra, please come tomorrow and hear us out.

All my love Tristan.

"Tell Tristan I'm busy" I smiled tightly at my old friend.

"Tristan and the Strix, have an interest in Marcel Gerrard he's quite the Vampire, well you did raise him after all" she grinned, my stomach dropped how the hell had Marcellus become involved suddenly.

"Stay away from my son" I spat.

I knew how dangerous the Strix and Tristan were and I didn't want Marcel messed up in that, how dare they come near my son!

"I have no interest in Marcel, but Tristan sees potential so maybe you should tell my brother your feeling's tomorrow night" she grinned knowing she had forced my hand and with that, she breezed out the door just as quickly as she came.

So much from staying drama free.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

A/N 

So Edith has come to town thoughts on the new character?

Some of you may remember I introduced Edith a little in previous prequels now she will have a bigger part in this sequel.

Thyra's drama free life isn't working out how she planned will her relationship and separation from the Mikaelsons last? Leave a comment and let me know.

Gif of Thyra and Edith above ^^^  

Edith is played by Tammen Sursok aka Jenna from Pretty Little Liars.

READ & VOTE & COMMENT.

xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91.4K 1.4K 41
it's been 4 years since Davina's death and 4 years since Marcel put the Mikealsons down with Klaus remaining in a chamber but not everything is as it...
207K 3.9K 98
Davina was part of the Mystic Falls gang, being friends with Elena, Bonnie and Caroline. She and Kol dated, they had a love like no other but Kol b...
20.9K 247 28
For a thousand years, Keira has been the baby of the family. Centuries ago in what would later be the supernatural town of Mystic Falls, Virginia, t...
452K 10K 30
-BEST RANKINGS #1 in TO #13 in TVD "There won't be a day that goes by where your father and I will not think about you after all you are our Eden, o...