Benedict Cumberbatch: Life Wi...

By cumberofallcookies

This is a story about a girl who has lived every fangirls dream; to marry and grow old with their idols. Ben... More

Benedict Cumberbatch: Life With Ben
Chapter One: It's Alright
Chapter Two: School Life
Chapter Three: The Phone Call
Chapter Four: My Uncle Is My Maths Teacher
Chapter Five: Tomorrow at 11
Chapter Six: His Face Was Covered Except His Eyes
Chapter Seven: Cardigan Man and Watery Eyes Girl
Chapter Eight: The Stairs of Time
Chapter Nine: The 4x4 The Idol and The Paparazzi
Chapter Ten: I've Got To Go Before My Bathroom Floods
Chapter Twelve: You Will Be Famous One Day Trust Me
Chapter Thirteen: The Grand Opening
Chapter Fourteen: I'd Have To Kill One Of You If This Was Doctor Who
Chapter Fifteen: Nightmare Gone Wrong
Chapter Sixteen: Do You Want My Eyes For Luck?
Chapter Seventeen: To The Cumbermobile
Chapter Eighteen: Day At The Pegg's
Chapter Nineteen: If You Wanna Be My Lover
Chapter Twenty: What Is Mine, Is Yours
Chapter Twenty One: Sweet & Spicey
Chapter Twenty Two: Posh English Tea Hater
Chapter Twenty Three: Stop Snapping
Chapter Twenty Four: He Made Me Look Like Victoria Beckham
Chapter Twenty Five: Skyping The Bรฆ
Chapter Twenty Six: The Meeting
Chapter Twenty Seven: To Infinity and Beyond
Chapter Twenty Eight: The Beano
Chapter Twenty Nine: Wanted Dead or Alive- Primarily Alive
Chapter Thirty: Review
Chapter Thirty One: This Is The Internet
Chapter Thirty Two: Fangirl Anatomy
Chapter Thirty Three: Two and A Half Friends
Chapter Thirty Four: Scan Day
Chapter Thirty Five: BCS- Not Just A Homeware Store
Chapter Thirty Six: Buying Time
Chapter Thirty Seven: Miracles
Chapter Thirty Eight: Sensitive Issue
Chapter Thirty Nine: His Khan Was Showing
Chapter Fourty: Alice?
Chapter Fourty One: My Beautiful Girls
Chapter Fourty Two: Throwback To Christmas
Chapter Fourty Three: Katie Hopkins Is Vindictive
Chapter Fourty Four: American Boy, Pinewood Girl
Chapter Forty Five: Fondness For Fibs
Chapter Forty Six: I Was Meant To Be Safe
Chapter Forty Seven: Him.
Chapter Forty Eight: Be Young!
Chapter Forty Nine: Clubbing!
Chapter Fifty: I Cannot Wait To Marry Your Brain
Chapter Fifty One: The Premier Part One
Chapter Fifty Two: The Premier Part Two
Chapter Fifty Three: The Premier Part Three
Chapter Fifty Four: Unicorn Love
Chapter Fifty Five: The Doctor's Royal Play Date
Chapter Fifty Six: Happy Days?
Chapter Fifty Seven: Smaug Is Alive
Chapter Fifty Eight: Cloak and Dagger
Chapter Fifty Nine: Don't Tell The Bride, Cumberbatch
Chapter Sixty: Ben's Innuendo
Chapter Sixty One: Mr Holmes and the Discovery of the Johnlock Fanfic

Chapter Eleven: And With That He Kissed Me

424 11 2
By cumberofallcookies

I woke up properly, three hours later to find myself in a NHS gown attached to wires what were linked to different machines. I rolled over to find myself surrounded by beds. Beds full of sick people. I couldn't hear a thing or focus properly until I tried to sit up. I turned my head a little to see Sam had dozed off in the chair on my left but on my right sat an empty chair. I heard voices say, "She's awake! Doctor! Come quick!" I saw a doctor walk towards me smiling. He was tall, with huge blue eyes, his hair was blonde and in a quiff. He had a kind smile that was small but full off joy!

"Hi, you're awake! Fabulous!"

"Yes, what are all of these wires? What's happened?"

"We've had to operate to put your leg back in place. Your bone popped out of its socket. It would have been very uncomfortable to do whilst you were awake"

"Did it go okay?"

"More than okay! It went amazingly, all you've got to do now is to have an x ray and then you can go home, but you will not be able to use your leg to lean on for a few weeks, so we will be sending you home in a wheelchair and a pair of crutches! Do not overdo it please as the stitches are internal and they may pop. Your uncle will explain more when you get home probably" the doctor said coughing trying to wake Sam up. "We will get a porter to come and take you to x ray and then you can go home if it's clear!"

"Okay, thank you!" I said. The doctor walked off and I turned to Sam, "Why are there two chairs and everyone else has one chair?" Sam replied, "Because you have a visitor other than me!" He smiled and waved down the ward to the man down the other end, holding cups. He walked over to me and sat down in the chair alongside me. "You're awake!"

I replied, quite tiredly, "You're here! I thought you have rehearsals?"

"I had rehearsals they finished at 2 today, it's nearly 5 o'clock, princess" Ben replied smiling.

"5 o'clock?! I'm meant to be meeting the girls in half an hour!" I tried to get out of my bed before Ben and Sam stopped me, "Don't worry" Sam said, "I've already phoned the girls! They said not to worry coming and that they'll phone you later if you're up for a conversation"

"Oh, okay thank you. Did you bring any spare clothes?" I replied, trying to cover myself up with the blanket as I remembered I've got no clothes on underneath the gown, "Yes, I have! The ones you had folded on the end of your bed?"

"Thank you!"

"That's okay Stinks!"

The porter came wheeling a chair up to my bed and both Sam & Ben helped me into the chair. "Sam?"

"Yes darling?"

"Have you phoned mum and dad?"

"Yes, they came up here earlier when you were asleep, they are going to phone you later to make sure you're okay and want anything being dropped off"

"Dropped off?"

"Yes, they think it'll be best if you stay over mine until you are better because the dogs will end up jumping on you and it will really hurt your leg"

"Oh, okay. So I'm staying at yours for 6 weeks?" I asked.

"Yes, they said it's a trial"

"A trial?"

"Yes, if you are okay with me for 6 weeks you will be able to stay permanently. One of the teachers you'll be working with lives around the corner from me so they said they could take you to and from school, if you don't mind staying until 4.30-5 most days?"

"Really, wow! This will be amazing!"

"Yes, mum said you seem happier over my house than at your own house. This will also give you independence!" The porter turned to Sam and Ben and said, "Sorry, you cannot come in here. Please wait outside"

"But she's my little girl! I've got to be with her!" Ben said trying to get in, whilst Sam pulled him back.

I sat giggling, "Ben, I'll be out in a few minutes, you won't even know I've gone!"

Ben sat on the chairs in the x ray waiting room and looked into my eyes, "Be strong & brave and you'll be okay!" Sam held is hand and looked at him and said, "Ben, she's going to be fine! She's had so many x rays before; it's all routine."

"So many? What?!"

"She thought she broke her arm a little while ago but it was just a bruised bone-" I didn't hear the rest as they wheeled me through the door and shut the doors behind me. It was obvious though that Sam was hiding something from Ben and Ben knew it.

The nurse sat me on a chair and propped my leg on to the table. "Right, keep very still for me please" said the nurse. She went behind her desk and started to control the angle of which the camera was going to point shooting x ray particles at my leg to make sure the operation was a real success, like the doctor said. "Is it okay?" I asked the nurse, "Yes they are exactly what we expected!" She raised the camera up and helped me off the chair back into my wheelchair and pushed me over to the desk, "See, the bone was popped out here and now we've got it back here" she said pointing to the x ray, "you're free to go home, please go and change in the allocated cubical and put the gown in the box provided, and we shall see you in six weeks to get the cast removed!"

The porter came back in to wheel me over to Ben & Sam. "How did it go?" Ben asked whilst Sam passed me my clothes, "it was fine. I'm free to go home as soon as I'm dressed." I grabbed my clothes from Sam & went over to the cubical to get changed.

5 minutes later I was dressed. My legging was rolled up over my cast whilst the other leg had it rolled to my foot. I could only put one shoe on for the simple fact the cast was in the way. The rest of me was easy enough to get dressed. I unlocked the cubical and wheeled myself out "ready?" The boys asked together standing up in sync. "Ready." I replied. I clutched hold of my crutches whilst Sam wheeled me down the corridors & Ben held the doors open, whilst explaining to fans he can't talk right now.

We finally got outside and got into Ben's car with Ben and Sam at the front and myself at the back. We finally got back to Sam's when Ben said he had a big announcement. We sat in the front room and Ben stood up by the window and faced Sam and myself and his announcement went something like this;

"Claudia, Sam, I've got to say, thank you. Thank you for understanding that I've been busy the past couple of months. Especially with the Comic Cons and the Hamlet meetings and rehearsals. You have both been very supportive. Thank you so much. But unfortunately, I'm going to have to be working continually for just over a year. Where I've got Hamlet to master and perform and I've got premieres as well at the end of the year. I've also-" before Ben could go on, I got up from the arm chair and hopped over to Ben to give him a hug but I fell as I lost my balanced and landed in Ben's arms "This was meant to be a little less awkward" I said awkwardly. I flung my arms around Ben and smiled, "Look, you are an actor with a lot going on. You do not need to explain yourself to us!" Ben put his arms around me and squeezed. "Claudia, this is harder than I expected, I didn't think I was able to say this to you in person, so I wrote you a note and I sent it in the post with your present" he put his chin on the top of my head. I felt his tears fall in to my hair, as he pulled me closer, "This will be the last hug we will be able to have for a year. A year is a long time Claudia!" he started to cry even more, leading me to cry. I looked up to him and wiped his tears with my thumbs.

I sat him down and sat next to him as it was getting awkward, yes, I had grown a little but it was still awkward. I turned to him and placed my hands on his cheeks and said, "Look, I will always be on the other end of the phone. All you have to do is phone and I will pick up, unless I'm working." he smiled and put his hands on top of my tiny hands, "Claudia, I know but Darling, a year?!"

"Yes, I know it's a year and a year is a while but I've been a fan of yours since I was 13. It took 3 years to eventually meet you! That's a long time right? When I was 13 I never imagined I'd be sitting here holding your face trying to calm you down and keeping you happy. Anyway, in a year, you will probably dating the most extraordinary woman you have ever met. You may have your differences but you and this woman would be happy for ever and you will have the most beautiful children. I will be just the girl you knew. I may be just a family friend but that will be all. Don't cry over me please, because there is someone out there waiting for you!" Ben looked at me and said, "Yes, I know. But you won't be the family friend trust me." Ben said smiling whilst playing with my curls at the end of my hair. "I will miss you dearly, my beautiful princess! Just remember the conversations we've had and the laughs too! You've always got the pictures we've taken so no memories will be forgotten!" "I know!" I said starting to cry a little more, "Do you think we have time for one more picture?" "Claudia, there is always time for a picture!" I passed Ben my phone as we wiped our tears from our eyes. I smiled and so did Ben, but when the timer for three seconds started, Ben faced me and gave me a kiss on the cheek! My face turned from a smile to a giggly face! The picture was perfect. He has kissed my forehead and cheek many times, but we now have photographic proof. His eyes were closed but not tightly, they were just closed. His lips were not dry but not too moist and slimy. Ben handed me my phone over a winked. "Claudia, I've got to go darling! I love you so much, never forget it! I am so proud of you! I bet you in four maybe five years time you will be graduating from Oxford with Honours! You will do everyone proud I know it! You're going to be standing accepting your Masters and I will be sitting front row seat right in the middle cheering you on, all the way! I love you Princess and I always will until the day I die!" I sat on the sofa trying not to cry. I could feel my heart fall. My stomach dropped. I had butterflies in my belly and all I could hear in my head as Ben spoke was "Snog him! Snog that beautiful face! You know you want to!" but I ignored them and carried on looking into his eyes as he looked into mine. "Claudia, I'm going to go before I start crying again! I'm going to say goodbye to Sam and then I'm off. Please don't cry because I really don't want you to do that over me!" I held Ben's hand and looked at our hands and then at him. "Okay, have a safe journey home! I'm expecting a text when you step through that door!" I said giggling and pushing his arm playfully! "What happens if I don't?" "Then I will find you and I will skin you alive!" "Hey! Who let Moriarty in the house?" He said, "Right okay I'll text you as soon as I get home!" "Good!" I said whilst winking. Ben stood up and walked over to the kitchen and said to Sam, "Sam, you will look after, right?" "Of course I will! I'm her uncle! She's more like a best friend to me than a niece but she will always be my little girl!" "Good! I know you will anyway! See you later! Look after yourself!" "You too! Don't forget to write! See you!" Sam saw Ben to the door and let him out.

Ben was gone. He was going to be gone for a year. I missed him already but he had just left. I had to stay strong! A year isn't long really. I was ready to fight through the year so I could see Ben again!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

277K 6.7K 99
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #1- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...
746K 23.9K 68
HIGHEST RANKINGS: #1 in teenagegirl #3 in anxiety Maddie Rossi is only 13, and has known nothing but pain and heartbreak her entire life. Only a shel...
412K 38.7K 33
๐™๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™– ๐™ ๐™–๐™ง ๐™™๐™–๐™ก๐™– , ๐™ˆ๐™–๐™ง ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ƒ๐™ค ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž...... โ™ก ๐™๐™€๐™๐™„ ๐˜ฟ๐™€๐™€๐™’๐˜ผ๐™‰๐™„ โ™ก Shashwat Rajva...