Chapter Thirty Six: Buying Time

"Ben? Ben wake up?" I whispered into his ear as he slept. It was half past eight and I was going to be late for my meeting with the Moff. Ben sleepily swatted at his ear as he rolled over to face me, "Claud, are you okay?" he yawned.

"Yes I'm fine but, I've got my meeting today with Mark & Steven and I thought you were going to drive me to his office." Ben sat up bolt right and remembered, "Oh, Claud, I'm so sorry. Right, let me get changed and I'll be right down." I went to walk out before he called after my walking person, "You look ravishing today." I blushed and called back "Stop trying to buy time with your compliments, Mister Cabbagepatch!" Ben chuckled and flung the sheets back and threw himself out of bed, whilst I stepped down the stairs, wearing a simple white lace shirt and tie-dyed jeans.

A few moments passed and I had walked out to the car. Paparazzi stood around taking pictures and shouting "Where's Benedict?" "Is he the father?" "How long gone are you?" I looked at them and sighed and jumped into the car. But as I got into the car I felt something. Something in my stomach. "Jesus Christ" I said leaning over in pain in the car. The pain continued and my eyes filled with tears. I reached down into my bag to get my phone to call Ben but I couldn't.

The pain got worse within a matter of seconds and I tried to get out of the car but there was no use. I was in too much pain. The horn! I thought to myself. I reached over and hit the horn hard and continuously trying to get Benedict's attention. Did it work? Hell yes it did. Ben ran out of the car and opened his car door and asked "Princess? What's wrong." I couldn't speak, as tears flooded down my face. I just shook my head. "Is it Sam?" He asked placing his hand on my belly but as he did I flinched and crippled over again in pain. "Right, missy, we need to get you to hospital." He said seriously and put my seat belt on and then his seatbelt on. I couldn't answer back because of how much pain I was in.

Bent over in pain still, we got to the hospital and Ben had carried me through to the emergency room. "Help!" He shouted as he got into the room. I had passed out from the amount of pain and I had been sick down his jacket. My face had a slight green tinge about it and my forehead was glistening with sweat. A nurse walked over to see what's wrong and she looked up at Benedict, "Right we need to get her onto a ward so we can run a few tests to see what's going on."

"Ma'am, what do you think it is?" Ben asked holding my limp body close to him tears streamed down his face.

"Sir, I think it's probably appendicitis but we can't be sure until you take her to the Keller ward so the doctors can give her an ultrasou-" but before the nurse could finish Ben had already started to frantically find the Keller ward, still holding me close, my bag slung over his shoulder.